The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Sheesh .. on one hand Democrats blame Bush exclusively for the economic downturn
Who cares? Presidents don't decide who works or who doesn't.

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?
Why do Democrats like to forget that the economic downturn started right after Pelosi and Reid took over Congress the last 2 years of Bush's Presidency?
Because anyone with a functioning brain knows that the 110th Congress did not cause the economic collapse. How could they have? It was caused by toxic loans written years earlier.
Pelosi and Reid refused to legislate a solution to the impeding disaster, in fact, they felt their was no impending disaster. Wake up Dummy..

Sheesh .. on one hand Democrats blame Bush exclusively for the economic downturn

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?
Why do Democrats like to forget that the economic downturn started right after Pelosi and Reid took over Congress the last 2 years of Bush's Presidency?
And were blocked from doing ANYTHING by GOP filibusters and vetoes duh...
Great excuse but not based on reality as usual...:spinner:

Because anyone with a functioning brain knows that the 110th Congress did not cause the economic collapse. How could they have? It was caused by toxic loans written years earlier.
Pelosi and Reid refused to legislate a solution to the impeding disaster, in fact, they felt their was no impending disaster. Wake up Dummy..
The damage was already done. There were already trillions of dollars in toxic loans given out. By 2007, foreclosures were already rising at alarming rates. And Pelosi passed a bill in the House in 2007, so why do you lie saying she did nothing?

:dunno::dunno:
Why don't you ask Hillary Clinton since she is the one who made the statement? That is why her statement is in quotation marks.
Obama is already at 7.25% and still has another 18 months to drop it lower

Considering where he started, it is miraculous

7.25% after almost 6 1/2 years is "miraculous?" Your incredible standards for Republicans just disappear with Democrats...
No President since FDR has been given a gloomier employment figure
Obama has it down to 5.3%

What made it miraculous was Obama did it with Republicans insisting on austerity and reducing government employment at all levels
That's right, Big Government Reagan brought UE down by growing the government while preaching smaller government.
Go figure! :dunno:
The "Reagan miracle" was a result of massively increased defense spending and borrowing
Obama borrowed about 10 times as much and has about 1/10th to show for it.
You're wrong, as usual.
You don't know what nominal figures mean, do ya?

The damage was already done. There were already trillions of dollars in toxic loans given out. By 2007, foreclosures were already rising at alarming rates. And Pelosi passed a bill in the House in 2007, so why do you lie saying she did nothing?
Okay, they did something that failed miserably, happy now?

It's not that it failed, it's that it came after the damage was done. That legislation needed to be passed years earlier.

Dodge a bullet and you survive. Get fatally shot and a bandaid is not going to save your life.

It's not that it failed, it's that it came after the damage was done. That legislation needed to be passed years earlier.

Dodge a bullet and you survive. Get fatally shot and a bandaid is not going to save your life.
It started in the Clinton years no doubt when legislation was passed that promoted home ownership by people that couldn't afford it. The inevitable was set in those years.

:dunno::dunno:
Why don't you ask Hillary Clinton since she is the one who made the statement? That is why her statement is in quotation marks.

7.25% after almost 6 1/2 years is "miraculous?" Your incredible standards for Republicans just disappear with Democrats...
No President since FDR has been given a gloomier employment figure
Obama has it down to 5.3%

What made it miraculous was Obama did it with Republicans insisting on austerity and reducing government employment at all levels
That's right, Big Government Reagan brought UE down by growing the government while preaching smaller government.
Go figure! :dunno:
The "Reagan miracle" was a result of massively increased defense spending and borrowing
Obama borrowed about 10 times as much and has about 1/10th to show for it.
You're wrong, as usual.

He did?

Borrowed for what? Which Obama program?

It started in the Clinton years no doubt when legislation was passed that promoted home ownership by people that couldn't afford it. The inevitable was set in those years.
Sorry, but that was Bush! Under Clinton buyers had to be qualified for the loan with good credit. It was Bush who started making no down payment loans to buyers with bad credit.

Great planet you're on, hater dupe. Idiot.

Great planet you're on, hater dupe. Idiot.
God loves even You...frankee

Sorry, but that was Bush! Under Clinton buyers had to be qualified for the loan with good credit. It was Bush who started making no down payment loans to buyers with bad credit.

You might start here..but, I doubt you will.

Clinton s Legacy The Financial and Housing Meltdown - Reason.com

Clinton s Legacy The Financial and Housing Meltdown - Reason.com[/QUOTE]
That is hardly a credible source.
Try again.

You keep changing your story. Obviously you have to keep tailoring it as the pure idiocy of keeps getting exposed. The problem started while Bush was president when subprime loans exploded...

drecon_0912.png

Wait, what?? You said it was the fault of Pelosi and Reid in 2007. Now you're saying it was the fault of Clinton from 1997?

Whassamatter, rightie? Having trouble finding a Democrat to pin it on? :lmao:

That is hardly a credible source.
Try again.[/QUOTE]
..and just waste my time, I don't think so...:tongue-44:

:laugh:

Wait, what?? You said it was the fault of Pelosi and Reid in 2007. Now you're saying it was the fault of Clinton from 1997?

You related that the problem started earlier, I was just helping you out .. sheesh.

btw. quit picking your warts and relax, it's beyond our control..

If it was up to me government would be out of the loan business in the first place. We could just blame the Party that put government into the loan business and leave it at that.

You related that the problem started earlier, I was just helping you out .. sheesh.

If it was up to me government would be out of the loan business in the first place. We could just blame the Party that put government into the loan business and leave it at that.
So you think it's my fault you can't keep your story straight? Maybe you should learn to tell the truth. Then you won't have to keep shifting like you are.

So you think it's my fault you can't keep your story straight? Maybe you should learn to tell the truth. Then you won't have to keep shifting like you are.
Not at all, you seem more concerned with winning than conversation.

I'm bored by the way. Can you try to say something interesting?

S
Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 8.09%

Obama is still in last past and although it appears he will past Ford unless the unemployment rate goes up, its far from certain that he will pass Reagan and he will NEVER be able to beat BUSH!

Wrong! His average for the first 76 months in office is 8.09%. Even by the end of this year and current rates, he will still be behind Gerald Ford!
So? He also inherited the highest unemployment rate of any president along with an economy in recession. And as has been pointed out, averaging out the unemployment rate is quite useless.

Its the only accurate way to asses how things went of the course of 96 months. Your GPA is an average because its the most accurate way to assess how you did as far as your grades in school. Understand?
And if you flunk your senior year, you don't graduate. Yet other students with lower GPA's do. One look no further than Bush and Carter having lower UE averages than Reagan to know how stupid it is to average them. Averaging them hides the fact that Reagan lowered the UE rate on his watch while Bush nearly doubled it.

Maybe in high school but not in college. In college all that matters is that you have a high enough GPA with enough credits. Again, averages take in all the data and give a true overall grade of ones performance. The average man on the street had an easier time finding employment while Carter sat in the oval office than he did while Reagan was there.

Again, you can't take the last few months of an administration and use that in place of the previous 90 months of data. That 90 months counts and will only get reflected and properly credited when you average the data. Part of you agrees with this otherwise you would have stop participating in this thread long ago.

Forum List

Back