The price of doing business in the US...

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
...has recently increased in a very quiet, very subtle way. The information I provide is anecdotal, based on personal observation and conversations with local representatives of the agencies involved. That said, I have no websites to link to, no news articles to cite.

Where I work, the Who's Who of government alphabet soup reign supreme, enforcing unimaginable reams of government rules and regulations; FAA, EPA, TSA, OSHA, the list goes on, but those are some of the major players. In addition to enforcing regulations, these agencies also have the ability to fine affected companies for even the slightest infractions.
Most of these agencies' personnel also suffered being furloughed last month, (if you can call 19 days additional paid vacation suffering). Beginning at 9:30 am the day they came back to work, personnel representing each and every agency have been very busy citing and fining all and sundry who conduct business at the airport. For example: Customs agents now board each and every aircraft arriving from overseas. No exceptions. The FAA arrived promptly, as well, the day the furlough was lifted. They've been out almost five times more often than previously, harassing the working stiffs and the companies that fly the planes that drive commerce.
Now why do you think there's been such a significant increase in levying fines? Could it be that those "non-essential" employees have been told to prove their worth? Of course, many of us realize who eventually pays the increased cost represented by these fines.

Obamacare is a money losing proposition and Obama doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of raising taxes.

It appears they've found a way to raise "revenue", though. I just wonder whether similar actions are occurring at other locations.

...The price of doing business in the US... ...has recently increased in a very quiet, very subtle way. The information I provide is anecdotal, based on personal observation and conversations with local representatives of the agencies involved. That said, I have no websites to link to...
The Heritage Foundation ranks countries in terms such as economic freedom, rule of law, and size of government, etc. and over the past four years the U.S. has been falling steadily. Here's the current profile:
13usrank.png

We used to be number one and we've fallen to tenth place. More info here at the Heritage site.

...The price of doing business in the US... ...has recently increased in a very quiet, very subtle way. The information I provide is anecdotal, based on personal observation and conversations with local representatives of the agencies involved. That said, I have no websites to link to...
The Heritage Foundation ranks countries in terms such as economic freedom, rule of law, and size of government, etc. and over the past four years the U.S. has been falling steadily. Here's the current profile:
13usrank.png

We used to be number one and we've fallen to tenth place. More info here at the Heritage site.

I couldn't help but notice that the only factor where we have increased is government spending...

Forum List

Back