The Price of 'Freedom'...Gun Deaths

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

U.S. Gun Deaths Since Sandy Hook Top 1,280

original.jpg

WASHINGTON -- It was Christmas night when Sincere Smith, 2, found his father’s loaded gun on the living room table of their Conway, S.C., mobile home. It took just a second for Smith’s tiny hands to find the trigger and pull. A single bullet ripped into his upper right chest and out his back.

His father, Rondell Smith, said he had turned away to call Sincere’s mother, who had left to visit a friend. His back was turned to the toddler, he said, for just that moment.

Sincere was still conscious when his father scooped him up and rushed him to the hospital, just a few minutes away.

Eleven hours earlier, Sincere Smith had woken up to Christmas -- the first that he was old enough to appreciate. His father remembered their last morning well -– his son ripping through wrapping paper, squealing with delight with each new gift -- his first bike, a bright toy barn.

It was quite a sight seeing Sincere so happy around a cloud of crinkled wrapping paper. “We bought him a little barn thing,” Smith said. “He knew what a barn is. He just seen it -– ‘Oh Mommy, Daddy! Barn!’ He went crazy over it. … He lit up like a Christmas tree.”

Smith, 30, lit up too. “I just wanted to see him open them up,” he said. His own parents were teenagers when they had him. He had vowed to be there for his five children, giving up college and a possible basketball career to take care of them. With Sincere, he promised his wife he’d be a hands-on parent. He said he considered Sincere his best friend.

The two kept close that day visiting relatives for more presents and a Christmas dinner of chicken and macaroni and cheese. “Everything was normal,” Smith said. “He was happy. Everything was good then.”

Two weeks earlier, Smith had bought a .38-caliber handgun to protect his family after bandits had tried to break into their home. He doesn’t know what to say about the national gun-control debate. He just wants that lost second back. “I would say, man, keep them out of your house,” he offered. “It’s just. Boy. All it takes is a second. Just a second to turn your head. I don’t know, sir.”

Sincere died on an ambulance gurney as he was transferred to a second hospital in Charleston.

Eni6hcV.jpg

DcffSUW.jpg

8i3Tn7C.jpg

4WNaBl9.jpg

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

No, the cancer in this country is ABORTIONS. 3000 children die everyday from them

We don't GET to see their pictures or reported how many have died since Sandy Hook

So Brfgrn enlighten us all about how you think curtailing the Rights of people with REGISTERED firearms is going to fix the murder problem... Hint, it isn't. Sure people can do a better job of securing guns around Ch... Ch... sniffle... Children, but the overwhelming violence with guns is criminals with UNREGISTERED firearms, and Law abiding people shooting back at them... The latter of the two I see no problem with at all. I'd argue more children died from car accidents since Sandy Hook (and including SH) than did from firearms. As with any Libtard who thinks they know what's best for everybody else... It's only about children when there is an agenda to be pushed... When the unborn children are an unplanned inconvenience, not so much.

Pictures of babies who want to destroy your Freedoms by using dead children to push their agenda:
images
images
Democratic%20heads.jpg

the op doesn't like the price of our FREEDOMS here, they can always find another country that is more of the UTOPIA they seek

Last edited:
the op doesn't like the price of our FREEDOMS here, they can always find another country that is more of the UTOPIA they seek

That's just it... They want to turn America into some utopian fantasy, and they don't care how many dead bodies they have to step over to do it. Hell, to libtards animals are far more important than people who disagree with their utopian lunacy.

It is a fierce price to pay for this 'freedom', which after all is not how is is described in the famous amendment. It is called a right, and rights demand responsibility. Even those of us not necessarily favorable to sweepingly ban firearms must acknowledge a very serious problem and the cost of the way things are.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Ben Franklin

There is no reason to think of this as an 'all or nothing' situation.

Remember that in the list, life comes before liberty, and the pursuit of happiness third.

("just sayin")

they cant see these people.

Just like Bush never allowed them to see the caskets coming home from Iraq

they only see what the choose to see

This county will have to act without them

Remember that in the list, life comes before liberty, and the pursuit of happiness third.

("just sayin")

Yeah and that doesn't INCLUDE a government elected by the people to INTRUDE on that pursuit of happiness or LIFE

There is no reason to think of this as an 'all or nothing' situation.

When we have numbskulls saying that the Second Amendment is about hunting, it absolutely is "all or nothing"situation. If people thought about the gun issue rationally instead of emotionally things might not be so cut and dry.

I have no confidence that more gun control laws will make this nation safer, or will prevent mass killings, either.

AT best reducing the magazine sizes might cut down on the death toll, somewhat.

Our society has driven many of us nuts and that is the real problem.

There is a cost to doing gun business. And that cost is paid with the blood of little kids and other innocent victums who live in a house with a gun owner who is an idiot. Or crazy. Or both.

But not to fear. The cost is not great enough to bring about real change.

It's just that 30,000+ people need to die every year so we can own whatever gun we want.

Now I ask you; If your child killed themselves with your gun, was it worth it to feel so secure with a loaded gun out where a kid could get it. Would that killing "change" you? Sure it would. For the rest of your life.

For the rest of us; nothing changed.

I wish the gun nutters were honest enough to just come out and say that they don't really care how many innocent people get killed. Just the cost of doing gun business. And feeling so "safe".

There is a cost to doing gun business. And that cost is paid with the blood of little kids and other innocent victums who live in a house with a gun owner who is an idiot. Or crazy. Or both.

But not to fear. The cost is not great enough to bring about real change.

Was the person who left the gun out arrested ?

Forum List

Back