The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

You are so insane. No one stopped him tebowing lol , if that is your legitimate complaint you are trying so hard to make others listen to you that you have no real complaint at all. This is such a fabricated post and your postings just make it so much more of a joke.
You really are ridiculous. you bitch just hear yourself bitch.

We hear people on this site all the time saying things like "we just don't want to see you tebowing every chance you get" and "your religion belongs in your house and your church behind closed doors" and "politicians cannot reference their religion" or "christians are mentally ill and should be locked up".

Every one of those statements poses a very real threat to our freedom of religion, and to everybody's freedom.

We will continue to openly adhere to our religion...and we will continue to object to human rights violations, and we will continue to demand that freedom of religion in this country remain inviolate.

You can ridicule, jeer, jail, legislate all you want. In the end, you'll have to kill Christians if you want them to hide their faith because they never will.

Quite the contrary. Santa is not a religion.

I find it interesting how easily we find an acceptance of a fat man in a red suit, little elves with pointy ears making toys, and flying reindeer. However, throw a representation of a nativity to express another "view" of what someone believes, and all of a sudden someone feels threatened by a little baby in a manger who is visited by three wise men. Yet has there ever been found the same outcry by Christians to remove this "Santa" everyone else believes in from a public place? Apparently one group has learned to be more respectful and tolerant of someone else's beliefs, than the other.

This is quite a deflection from the topic. Again, no one is taking away anyone's right to worship not any part of it.
That amazes me that it is still that surface topical to those that profess being christian.

Not a deflection at all, it only proves a valid point. There are New Testament biblical passages where Christians openly expressed their beliefs in public view. Jesus himself, never kept His faith to within a "place of worship", but OPENLY shared His faith to the woman at the well (for example). I'd say He qualifies more to testifying how a Christian ought to share one's belief, than you. Again, why this "threat" or "fear" over an individual's ability to choose HOW they may desire to express their faith? It's this very form of "freedom of speech", granted to each one of us through the First Amendment. Just as they have the same right to freedom of assembly as anyone else, another Constitutional right.

If Christians can learn to be respectful and tolerant of another's chosen belief in Santa, who are you to deny a Christian the same Constitutional right to express their view? Perhaps the real issue is in YOUR ability to respect and tolerate someone else's belief that happens to be different than your own? Perhaps you need to begin by developing an understanding for the word "tolerance" and what that actually means? At the very least, show some respect towards another set of beliefs that happens to be different from yours.

When has our United States Constitution been shown to hold special favor over the ability to PUBLICLY display one set of beliefs (atheism, or Santa) while neglecting the rights of another (Christianity and Jesus)? We are each granted the same freedom of speech, no matter which version of Christmas you happen to believe.

They are idolaters.

God's gonna get 'em for violating Jesus' commandment :

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind -- and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
The Lord Jesus Christ also believed in discipline with a cat o' nine tails of sorts used against merchants engaged in trading wares in a church synagogue for excessive profits.

Many people think Christians must be yes-people. Let me clear up your apparent confusion: that is seldom true. One can love the Lord God with all their hearts, souls, and minds and still go after, full steam ahead, wrongdoers who go against what God requires. That is outlined quite explicitly in the sixth chapter of the book of Micah if one misunderstood Mosaic laws outlined in Exodus and Deuteronomy, Jesus' suscinct summary of the law in His two-fold expression you just quoted, and the Great Commission given to his disciples after He arose from the dead. Furthermore, God looks on the heart and judges. I'd let Him decide who is and who is not correct according to the scriptures.

Therin lies the "heart and soul" of the problem. Every religion thinks it's "scriptures" take preference over every one elses. Every religion cries literally to the high heavens that thier scriptures are being trampled upon. What the world (ours is the U S A) needs is an unbiased arbitrator that can sort out what is free religious expression and what is invading the rights of others free religious/or not expression and what are the rights of people that are offended by ANY person's or religion's fair and free rights.

I say..keep it in your home/property. Keep it in your place of worship or gathering. I don't care if you have a cross on your front lawn..I don't care if your neighbor has one burning on his.
Say or yammer all you want, the First Amendment is explicit on freedom of religion and speech. Our founders well knew the history of this country when pilgrims from all over Europe came here so they could worship Jesus Christ freely sans government churches eating their livers over minor points. They also were financed by a Jewish man named Haym Solomon. He and his family were never reimbursed for financing the American Revolution, but he earned freedom of religion be extended beyond Christianity to those of Jewish disciplines.

I think you know better than to tell me what to say. :eusa_hand:

I will practice my First Amendment privileges whether you like it or not, youngster.

The Lord Jesus Christ also believed in discipline with a cat o' nine tails of sorts used against merchants engaged in trading wares in a church synagogue for excessive profits.
I have long thought that many Christians were addicted to the use of cat-o'-nine-tails -- either on other people or on themselves.
You really would have hated the founders, numan. They were just like us.

Let me think, oh yes, you do have freedom of your religion.

Many people think Christians must be yes-people. Let me clear up your apparent confusion: that is seldom true. One can love the Lord God with all their hearts, souls, and minds and still go after, full steam ahead, wrongdoers who go against what God requires. That is outlined quite explicitly in the sixth chapter of the book of Micah if one misunderstood Mosaic laws outlined in Exodus and Deuteronomy, Jesus' suscinct summary of the law in His two-fold expression you just quoted, and the Great Commission given to his disciples after He arose from the dead. Furthermore, God looks on the heart and judges. I'd let Him decide who is and who is not correct according to the scriptures.

Therin lies the "heart and soul" of the problem. Every religion thinks it's "scriptures" take preference over every one elses. Every religion cries literally to the high heavens that thier scriptures are being trampled upon. What the world (ours is the U S A) needs is an unbiased arbitrator that can sort out what is free religious expression and what is invading the rights of others free religious/or not expression and what are the rights of people that are offended by ANY person's or religion's fair and free rights.

I say..keep it in your home/property. Keep it in your place of worship or gathering. I don't care if you have a cross on your front lawn..I don't care if your neighbor has one burning on his.
Say or yammer all you want, the First Amendment is explicit on freedom of religion and speech. Our founders well knew the history of this country when pilgrims from all over Europe came here so they could worship Jesus Christ freely sans government churches eating their livers over minor points. They also were financed by a Jewish man named Haym Solomon. He and his family were never reimbursed for financing the American Revolution, but he earned freedom of religion be extended beyond Christianity to those of Jewish disciplines.

I will practice my First Amendment privileges whether you like it or not, youngster.

Quick question...............does that freedom extend to Taoists, Buddhists, and those who are of the Hindu religion as well?

Quick question...............does that freedom extend to Taoists, Buddhists, and those who are of the Hindu religion as well?

Actually, the liberals seem to bend over backward for them, even though in their countries they may disrespect Christianity and Judaism. But in fact, I have no problem with having their books read in Public Schools. We might just see what they promote ---when placed up against the BIBLE.

Actually, the liberals seem to bend over backward for them, even though in their countries they may disrespect Christianity and Judaism. But in fact, I have no problem with having their books read in Public Schools. We might just see what they promote ---when placed up against the BIBLE.

Thier books are already in almost every library in every school. I see no problem in school boards offering an "elective" class in religion covering most religious history. What I do object to is any form of manditory imposition of religious teaching put upon any student ..including "time out" for prayer in the general public curriculum. Using such a "class" as an excuse for Christians to impose thier religion as a bible study or indoctrination and recruiting platform would be crossing the line. If the study was divided equally and presented with as much testing of the study material equally so the student had shown knowledge of all of the religions presented I believe it would be a benefit to any broad education.

Using the platform I offered as a way for Christians to attempt to "prove" how Christianity is BETTER is wrong.

Thier books are already in almost every library in every school. I see no problem in school boards offering an "elective" class in religion covering most religious history. What I do object to is any form of manditory imposition of religious teaching put upon any student ..including "time out" for prayer in the general public curriculum. Using such a "class" as an excuse for Christians to impose thier religion as a bible study or indoctrination and recruiting platform would be crossing the line. If the study was divided equally and presented with as much testing of the study material equally so the student had shown knowledge of all of the religions presented I believe it would be a benefit to any broad education.

Using the platform I offered as a way for Christians to attempt to "prove" how Christianity is BETTER is wrong.
Faith is proved by works, not the study of false gods, Mr. 60-minute man. :eusa_hand:

Faith is proved by works, not the study of false gods, Mr. 60-minute man. :eusa_hand:

You have no more right to prove your god is the true god and your religion is the true religion in a public school than a muslim.

It's someone's chosen belief surrounding an event (Christmas) that parents tell their children, that is represented in a teaching found through the giving of gifts, the giving of yourself, and is encouraged with "symbols" of a fat man in a red suit who travels the world with a group of flying reindeer. A teaching that adults themselves also take time to demonstrate before their children, showing the importance that's found through various acts of "giving" we all need to show to the world. The central message is STILL being encouraged today in all who take the time away from the world, to personally express it. It's a form of kindness, and selfless sacrifice, that many believe to be much needed in the world today.

If it's not a day that is to be set aside to remind us of this message of "giving", and the need to show compassion to one another, then simply tell your boss you don't believe in all that hogwash, and that you would much rather find a way to work. Why enjoy time away from work to express a tradition, to demonstrate a set of values, you yourself don't really feel is all that important to believe in? Why even teach such values to our children, or openly use "symbols" found in what we read to them, in order to better demonstrate the examples and teachings found in those beliefs?

It's someone's chosen belief surrounding an event (Christmas) that parents tell their children, that is represented in a teaching found through the giving of gifts, the giving of yourself, and is encouraged with "symbols" of a fat man in a red suit who travels the world with a group of flying reindeer. A teaching that adults themselves also take time to demonstrate before their children, showing the importance that's found through various acts of "giving" we all need to show to the world. The central message is STILL being encouraged today in all who take the time away from the world, to personally express it. It's a form of kindness, and selfless sacrifice, that many believe to be much needed in the world today.

If it's not a day that is to be set aside to remind us of this message of "giving", and the need to show compassion to one another, then simply tell your boss you don't believe in all that hogwash, and that you would much rather find a way to work. Why enjoy time away from work to express a tradition, to demonstrate a set of values, you yourself don't really feel is all that important to believe in? Why even teach such values to our children, or openly use "symbols" found in what we read to them, in order to better demonstrate the examples and teachings found in those beliefs?

Because in reality the Christian "values" taught are a minor component of what actually occurs in the Christmas phenom. Sure there is a religious sentiment portrayed by some Christians revolving thruout the Christmas season. 90% of Christmas is only about retail sales. Working hard to afford Chinese plastic crap for your kids isn't any rational value. It is a bad example for kids to believe that one's parents efforts should result in providing worthless garbage to entertain them and validate the media blitz of advertising mesmerising these trinkets. It feeds a mass hysteria of greed and dissapointment for those that get these hypnotic induced treasures and those that do not.

That has already been answered in an earlier post that I made specific reference to, in regards to religion and religious freedom. This interpreted view was given on March 27, 1854 by the Congress of the United States of America - House Committee on the Judiciary.

At the time of the adoption of the Constitution and the amendments, the universal sentiment was that Christianity should be encouraged, not any one sect [denomination]. Any attempt to level and discard all religion would have been viewed with universal indignation. The object was not to substitute Judaism or Mohammedanism, or infidelity, but to prevent rivalry among the [Christian] sects to the exclusion of others.

Do you see anywhere in that statement where allowing someone the freedom to openly express their belief in Judaism or Buddha, or Mohammedanism, or even atheism was denied? The Founders had believed in allowing these various faiths the SAME .... "EQUAL" .... freedoms to openly express their beliefs, where one set of beliefs (even atheism) did NOT take preference or predominance over all others

In truth - It's a real lack of respect and tolerance many atheists share towards the views found through the differences of other faiths, that fuels the need to remove ALL religion from public view. It's a means to silence an opposing view they'd rather not see expressed openly, if it happens to conflict with their own. So it's easier to deny another individual the freedom to openly express their faith (the simple display of a cross found on a public sign or cemetery), in exchange to promote an ATHEISTIC world view without religion. To see a nation that encourages and establishes for itself (openly and publicly favoring) the "atheist" point of view and belief for this country .... to the exclusion of all others.

Last edited:

Because in reality the Christian "values" taught are a minor component of what actually occurs in the Christmas phenom. Sure there is a religious sentiment portrayed by some Christians revolving thruout the Christmas season. 90% of Christmas is only about retail sales. Working hard to afford Chinese plastic crap for your kids isn't any rational value. It is a bad example for kids to believe that one's parents efforts should result in providing worthless garbage to entertain them and validate the media blitz of advertising mesmerising these trinkets. It feeds a mass hysteria of greed and dissapointment for those that get these hypnotic induced treasures and those that do not.

Again, no one is forcing you to participate in something you don't happen to agree with. You can simply choose NOT to subject your kids to the story of Santa, or the bigger moral values of "giving" and "acts of kindness" that others seem to find through such symbolisms and examples. Don't involve them to become active participants in your views of "Chinese plastic crap", or encourage such beliefs through involvement with extended families who do.

You have two options. You can either choose to use that time heavily involved in your own career, as Scrooge always found SOMETHING to keep himself busy, or try to instill better values into your kids. The Salvation Army comes to mind. You can create your own set of traditions and involve your kids in various charities. If they are not of the age to receive cash (as everything is more often found in the form of gift cards these days), make an effort to involve them in a soup kitchen. Who has ever said you must conform to only one set of activities, in order to comply with what others want or expect from you? Get involved with helping the homeless, let your kids see more of what is REALLY important. Engage in activities that makes use of personal talent, "Habitat for Humanity", offer to fix a neighbor's plumbing or fan they have been complaining about over the last six months without cost to them. The honest question is: Are you willing to seek "opportunities" that better illustrate selfless acts of giving and kindness, through your OWN time and ability, or would you much rather just sit and complain about how you see OTHERS choosing to follow after their beliefs? Now the first can become an example towards instilling better values into your kids, while the other is .... well quite frankly, just another represented adaptation of Scrooge.

Actually, the liberals seem to bend over backward for them....
Well, in general, they are much less pushy than you People of the Book.

And the Daoists can even laugh at their religion. The inability of you prune-faced Bible-idolaters to laugh at yourselves is one of the least attractive features of monotheism.

I have long thought that many Christians were addicted to the use of cat-o'-nine-tails -- either on other people or on themselves.
You really would have hated the founders, numan. They were just like us.
"Thou hast said it!"

No, the Founders were much slicker and more evil traitors than you incoherent, uneducated rubes, with a religious bee in your bonnets, could ever be.

If those insurrectionary terrorists of 1776 had failed, then we would be as good as Canada, rather than the satanic terror-state that the USA has turned into.

You're lying when you say "I have long thought".
Well, that certainly came out of the blue.
But then, religious types are always saying things that don't make any sense.

Unlike most Americans, I had something approaching a decent education, and read and translated Latin in school.

I remember when I first read the Stabat Mater of Jacopone da Todi, a mediaeval poet and Franciscan lay-brother. It is a famous Christian hymn, and all too typical of the mental state of Christians down through all the ages.

THE MOTHER STANDS

The weeping mother stands in anguish
Near the Cross on which her son was hanging.

Through her groaning heart, sharing His bitter pain,
The sword has passed....

For the sins of Man, she saw Jesus in torment,
Skin torn by the strokes of whips....

Holy Mother, do the same to me!
Afflict my heart with the bitter wounds of the Crucified One!....

Make me weep with you, mourning the Crucified One,
as long as I may live!

By the Cross, I wish to stand with you,
Sharing your anguish.

Glorious Virgin of all virgins,
Do not be so bitter as to deny my request,
Make me share your grief and pain!....

Make it that I may share death with Christ,
Take part in His anguish, and receive the wounds He received!

Wound me with bitter strokes, make me drunk
with the Cross and the Gore of your Son!....

I find this stuff horrifying and disgusting. It is a combination of necrophilia and pathological sado-masochism, and indicates the kind of diseased mentality which Christianity fosters.

By their fruit ye shall know them!

If the person who wrote that could have known what Christians were going to turn into, perhaps he would have written,

"By their fruitiness shall ye know them!"

Last edited:
And you will lose, because forcing people to do that in this country is against the law.

Forum List

Back