🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Progs will DENY SCIENCE when it comes to record snowfalls, that havent happened like this over 100 years.

Just out of pure curiosity ... why do you think humans were absorbing 1,954.8 billion tons of CO2 at the time Christ was born? ...
Well there were more rain forest sequestering CO2

The overwhelmingly vast majority of CO2 is hed in the oceans.
Much was also released by burning of forest and with that forest cleared the reuptake process there is eliminated

Rainforest is important for many many things. Globull warming ain't one of them.
Well they are a major source of Carbon lockup and Oxygen production, the more of both the better

Why are you so interested in keeping CO2 locked away? You don't like life?
The rainforest sequester large amounts of CO2 and in the process convert sunlight to sugar and Oxygen that enable the food chain and allow you to breath. You have an issue with that?

You never should have skipped the first grade, as you missed a lot

Actually it's pretty clear that you are an idiot. The rainforest creates comparatively low O2 compared to the algae in the oceans.

Once again you demonstrate an infantile understanding of the earth sciences. Tell you what, graduate from middle school, then get yourself a high school diploma then go to college, and when you actually know something feel free to post again.

Every decade or so the "experts" go back and forth between trees and plankton being the main O2 producer. Doesn't really matter, because we should not decrease either one.
And we are decreasing both.
We not only cut down rain forests for ranches, but we are polluting the continental shelves where all the algae and plankton is as well.

Most ignorant shit I've read in a while. A higher ocean level means that moisture moves further inland. disruptions in the jet stream have resulted in many record highs followed by record lows and vice versa. It is well worth noting that the more outandish sounding climate models have been the most accurate thus far.

Just out of pure curiosity ... why do you think humans were absorbing 1,954.8 billion tons of CO2 at the time Christ was born? ...
You lost me there.

The chart I quoted has a math equation inside of it ... I'm assuming that's the equation the graph is representing ... the equation is in a simple slope/intercept form ... the slope is 0.996, okay ... the y-intercept is -1,954.8 ... what that means that when x=0 (or 1 BC), y= -1,954.8 gigatonnes ... [cute adorable doe-eyed smile] ... just curious is all ...
I thought that might be where you were heading but since I prefer limiting my assumptions, I thought I'd ask. ;)

Not making assumptions is a toltec thingee ... in case you were curious ... :)

Carbon emissions are pollution
Bullshit.

The extra CO2 in our atmosphere bear the tattle-tale signs of recently burnt fossil fuels ... as a waste product of man's activities simply dumped into the environment ... it is pollution ... is it dangerous like Cesium-135, or harmless like Helium? ... either way, it's pollution ...
:rolleyes:

Look up the term "circular reasoning".

Look up the term "false analogy".

Bullshit.

The extra CO2 in our atmosphere bear the tattle-tale signs of recently burnt fossil fuels ... as a waste product of man's activities simply dumped into the environment ... it is pollution ... is it dangerous like Cesium-135, or harmless like Helium? ... either way, it's pollution ...
How can CO2 be pollution when it is a vital part of the carbon cycle?

I am so glad that others are getting to experience Frannie... er I mean esalla.

Much was also released by burning of forest and with that forest cleared the reuptake process there is eliminated

Rainforest is important for many many things. Globull warming ain't one of them.
Well they are a major source of Carbon lockup and Oxygen production, the more of both the better

The rainforest sequester large amounts of CO2 and in the process convert sunlight to sugar and Oxygen that enable the food chain and allow you to breath. You have an issue with that?

Actually it's pretty clear that you are an idiot. The rainforest creates comparatively low O2 compared to the algae in the oceans.

Once again you demonstrate an infantile understanding of the earth sciences. Tell you what, graduate from middle school, then get yourself a high school diploma then go to college, and when you actually know something feel free to post again.
So you are advocating for rainforest depletion? Because rainforest are bad places with mosquitoes and their place in the Carbon cycle is irrelevant

We can stop there

You loot a Walmart yet today champ
Actually he didn't advocate that. You took it there after his factual statement that the overwhelmingly vast majority of CO2 is held in the oceans which is true.

Bullshit.
Well if you disagree feel free to shut the garage door and cook some bacon on the grill.

Anything outside of a natural system is pollution. Too much water in a desert ecosystem would also be pollution. I assume you are aware that wearing a mask increases CO2 uptake by restricting emission, it then becomes a pollutant even though the body produced it

No. The definition of pollution is the presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects.

The overwhelmingly vast majority of CO2 is held in the oceans.

True, but so what?

{...
The oceans contain about 50 times more CO 2 than the atmosphere and 19 times more than the land biosphere. CO 2 moves between the atmosphere and the ocean by molecular diffusion when there is a difference between CO 2 gas pressure (pCO 2 ) between the atmosphere and oceans.
...}

It is only the CO2 in the atmosphere we care about, since that is what changes the frequency of sunlight and causes heat retention, (aka greenhouse effect).
Sure and it's a good thing that it does too as the earth would be like 60 deg F cooler if GHG didn't choke back heat on its way to outer space. But temperature response to increasing CO2 concentration is logarithmic, so with regard to CO2, CO2 serves to reinforce climate change rather than drive it. When the climate cools the oceans suck CO2 from the atmosphere thus reinforcing the climate change to colder. When the climate warms, the oceans release CO2 thus reinforcing climate change to warmer. But never in the history of the planet has CO2 driven climate change. The best anyone can say is that CO2 serves as a background condition for climate change; extensive continental glaciation occurs in the southern hemisphere at 600 ppm; and extensive continental glaciation occurs in the northern hemisphere at 280 ppm.

People need to realize that we transitioned from a greenhouse world to an icehouse world with atmospheric CO2 of ~400 ppm. So the same conditions which led to the initiation of glaciation in the northern hemisphere 3 to 5 million years ago, still exists today. Which is polar regions being isolated from warm marine currents and atmospheric CO2 of 400 ppm.

Bullshit.

No, it isn't pollution. Pollution is harmful to the environment no matter what. Without CO2 there is no life.
Anything in excess or out of balance is pollution. But you can close the garage door and barbeque to prove me wrong

Bullshit.

No, it isn't pollution. Pollution is harmful to the environment no matter what. Without CO2 there is no life.
Anything in excess or out of balance is pollution. But you can close the garage door and barbeque to prove me wrong
That's not the definition of pollution.

True, but so what?

{...
The oceans contain about 50 times more CO 2 than the atmosphere and 19 times more than the land biosphere. CO 2 moves between the atmosphere and the ocean by molecular diffusion when there is a difference between CO 2 gas pressure (pCO 2 ) between the atmosphere and oceans.
...}

It is only the CO2 in the atmosphere we care about, since that is what changes the frequency of sunlight and causes heat retention, (aka greenhouse effect).
Not true as CO2 in the oceans is also pollution and if the oceans die so do we

True, but so what?

{...
...}

Not true as CO2 in the oceans is also pollution and if the oceans die so do we
Interesting. So can you show me from this historic plot of CO2 at which concentrations of CO2 would be considered pollution?

1604356356768.png

Freshwater only floats on saltwater in the absence of waves, current and up or down welling.

Yeah ... I think this notion of blocking the Gulf Stream comes from glacial lake outburst events ... millions of cubic miles of fresh water entering the ocean over two or three days ... it might take a couple of months for the ocean currents to resume ... "it happened then, it `could` happen now, therefore it WILL happen"

No, there obviously is no way to "block" an ocean current, and no one suggested that it did.
What is known to be happening is that the Gulf Stream is being sunken beneath the surface.
If the Gulf Stream is subducted deeper under other currents, like the Labrador Current, then Europe will not get any Gulf Stream warming effects any more.
The Gulf Stream will continue towards Europe, but be deep under water instead of on the surface.
These are cyclical changes such as la nina and el nino

The question is why are you arguing with the obvious?

Are you one of those government drones that only believes what the zombie orders you to believe

Your first two citations are effectively the same, the first cites the second ... and your third citation is commercial ...

Of the scientific references, neither support your claim ocean currents will reverse with a reversing magnetic field ... indeed they both specfically state they're only looking at the scalar value associated with the magnetic field ... and in part how Neptune effects this ... something astrologers have been claiming for thousands of years ... interesting and does "suggest" some interaction ... but until they finish their calculations, we won't know how much ...

The wind in the primary driver of ocean current like the Gulf Stream ... I'm sure stronger magnetic fields provide a braking action on the currents, one of many frictional forces at play in these types of systems ... but with the magnitude of magnetism dropping, the friction it causes will also be reduced ... thus having less effect on currents ...

The Gulf Stream flows in the direction is does due to cyclonic motion ... reversing the flow would require the Earth to spin the other way on her axis ... CO2 in the atmosphere won't do that ... obviously ...

I am coming into this in middle and don't have time to read the previous context, but ending the Gulf Stream warming of Europe does not require a change in currents or axis spin of the planet.
All it takes is for cold fresh water melt-off from Greenland to force the heavier warmer salt water of the Gulf stream to subduct down beneath the surface, where it is much colder.
That would prevent Gulf Stream warming of Europe, dropping temperatures there by over 10 degrees F. That is one of many ways how global warming can cause local cooling.
Another is by energying polar storms enough to leave their normal latitudes, and get much further towards the equator than they normally are able to.
Global warming means much more energetic weather, which can many more extreme results.

The problem with that theory is warm water rises.

True, but being warm does not make the salty Gulf Stream lighter than the cold fresh water melt off from Greenland.
I have not done the calculations or observations, but that is what the experts tell me.

And the experts are telling you that warm water can somehow be magically transported to depth.....where it will somehow, magically, remain warm.

Please explain how that is possible given the physics that govern our universe.
The water does not need to stay warm, just alter the deep ocean currents

Bullshit.

:rolleyes:

Look up the term "circular reasoning".

Look up the term "false analogy".
Why so I can wear a circular hat like you?

Not interested kiddy

But I can draw cartoons of Allah

Bullshit.

How can CO2 be pollution when it is a vital part of the carbon cycle?
CO2 is exhaled by your body, too much in your system will kill you because it is pollution.

Now you understand dingy

Anything outside of a natural system is pollution. Too much water in a desert ecosystem would also be pollution. I assume you are aware that wearing a mask increases CO2 uptake by restricting emission, it then becomes a pollutant even though the body produced it
Are you trying to suggest that humans are not natural, that we are all supernatural beings?

If so, perhaps this discussion belongs in the USMB Paranormal forum, or Religion forum, rather than the Science and Technology forum.

Last edited:

So you are advocating for rainforest depletion? Because rainforest are bad places with mosquitoes and their place in the Carbon cycle is irrelevant

We can stop there

You loot a Walmart yet today champ
Actually he didn't advocate that. You took it there after his factual statement that the overwhelmingly vast majority of CO2 is held in the oceans which is true.
The oceans are also taking up more CO2 which means it is pollution

Bullshit.
Well if you disagree feel free to shut the garage door and cook some bacon on the grill.

No. The definition of pollution is the presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects.

Which CO2 has, try inhaling pure CO2 you ignorant fool

Please

Forum List

Back