The Psychology of Gun Ownership

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
He pretty much correct
This video discusses an important aspect of firearm ownership.....The fact that in your travels it may be necessary to take another human's life in defense of your own. Many people do not consider the concept seriously, or they may think that gun ownership is a joke. In this video we try to bring to light the responsibility that everybody undertakes when they decide to carry a firearm for protection. Not only can you become a liability to yourself by failing to "pull the trigger", but you can also endanger the lives of those around you if you lack the personal fortitude needed.

[ame=http://youtu.be/L-Djb8JSPXU]Gun Gripes Episode 18: The Psychology of Gun Ownership - YouTube[/ame]

Just watch Zimmerman's trial. It will thoroughly educate you on "the psychology of gun ownership"...

Actually, it should further enlighten you on what happens when a pack of liberals go on a witch hunt. He will be exonerated. You on the other hand will be sitting there wondering why that racist white Republican Teabagger didn't get put away for murder.

What an idiot you are.

Just watch Zimmerman's trial. It will thoroughly educate you on "the psychology of gun ownership"...

I'm sure there is no fucking way you watched a 14 minute video in 2 minutes.

Why would we want to.

Fact is, this guy sells guns. He's really the biggest part of the problem.

If we started holding the gun makers and the gun sellers liable for the people killed with their product, they'd be a lot more selective about who they sold to.

Actually, it should further enlighten you on what happens when a pack of liberals go on a witch hunt. He will be exonerated. You on the other hand will be sitting there wondering why that racist white Republican Teabagger didn't get put away for murder.

What an idiot you are.

Nope, he's going to prison, and REpublicans will put him there.

I have never viewed it as a psychological condition, but perhaps it is for some. *shrugs*

He pretty much correct
This video discusses an important aspect of firearm ownership.....The fact that in your travels it may be necessary to take another human's life in defense of your own. Many people do not consider the concept seriously, or they may think that gun ownership is a joke. In this video we try to bring to light the responsibility that everybody undertakes when they decide to carry a firearm for protection. Not only can you become a liability to yourself by failing to "pull the trigger", but you can also endanger the lives of those around you if you lack the personal fortitude needed.

[ame=http://youtu.be/L-Djb8JSPXU]Gun Gripes Episode 18: The Psychology of Gun Ownership - YouTube[/ame]

I can't see the video from this computer, but I can pretty much guess what it says and I expect I would agree with it. If you aren't ready to use a weapon you should not be carrying a weapon. But there is another side to that coin. If you are too ready to use a weapon, you should not be carrying it either. The responsibility is not just in being willing to use a weapon at the right time, but in understanding what that time is and when that time has passed.

What an idiot you are.

Nope, he's going to prison, and REpublicans will put him there.

Link?

All signs point to his acquittal. According to Florida's "Stand your ground" law, he will most likely be exonerated.

George Zimmerman Will Never Be Convicted of Murdering Trayvon Martin - The Daily Beast

[From the state formerly known as "The Land Of Steady Habits", the birthplace of mass production, Eli Whitney's cotton gin, Colt Firearms, now known as the state where a man can marry a man but where a man cannot own a firearm to protect himself and his family from an Obama supporter planning on exacting their own personal Obamatax on the man and his family, also now known as the land of the anal fornicator and the muff diver........

Bristol gun manufacturer decides to say 'adios' to Connecticut due to new gun laws. Comrade Cucksocker Governor Dannell Malloy, who won the states gubernatorial election two years ago only by virtue of the discovery 36 hours after the polls closed of an SEIU planted bag of 10,000 ballots behind a boarded up storefront window in one of the states major cities, is seen thumbing his nose at the company while uttering the phrase 'Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out". Governor Malloy is contemplating writing a book after his term in office ends "How I turned Connecticut Into Detroit In Four Short Years"]

"BRISTOL – A Bristol gun manufacturer is going to leave Connecticut because of the gun control measure adopted by the state last week.

“With a heavy heart but a clear mind, we have been forced to decide that our business can no longer survive in Connecticut – the former Constitution state,” declared PTR Industries in a statement released on its website.

The manufacturer of rifles and small arms with 41 employees said it “has not decided upon a specific relocation site at this time” but plans to review “offers from states that are friendly to the industry.”

“We hope to have a site identified within the next six weeks, and hope to have our move completed by the end of this year,” it said.

Bristol Mayor Art Ward said the new law is “a big, big burden” on gun makers so he can understand why PTR is likely to go.

One day the company is humming along, the mayor said, “and then, boom, you’re prohibited from doing anything. It’s a game changer, no doubt about it.”

Ward said it’s too bad that a measure designed to protect people in the wake of the Dec. 14 massacre in Newtown has created a situation where communities and employees have to suffer as companies pack up and leave the state."

The Bristol Press: Bristol, Conn., and surrounding areas (BristolPress.com)

Connecticut Dem Governor On Gun Manufacturers Fleeing State After He Signs Strict Anti-Gun Bill: Oh Well? | Weasel Zippers

Last edited:
He pretty much correct

White people and their anxiety about blacks & Hispanics is the number one factor motivating the gun nuts.

He pretty much correct

I can't see the video from this computer, but I can pretty much guess what it says and I expect I would agree with it. If you aren't ready to use a weapon you should not be carrying a weapon. But there is another side to that coin. If you are too ready to use a weapon, you should not be carrying it either. The responsibility is not just in being willing to use a weapon at the right time, but in understanding what that time is and when that time has passed.

Very well said. Four thumbs up.
Common sense interjected into an issue that desperately needs it.
(IMHO: HE pretty much correct)

Last edited:
Maybe Governors Malloy and Cuomo could try a little Carribean Isle technique that those island resorts use to extract a lttle extra revenue from their visitors, an exit tax, mebbe 100 per cent of their assets when a manufacturer feels the state is no longer hospitable to them or their products and decides to leave. Talk about a door hitting you in the backside..... Solve their budget problems, but only temporarily because Democrats speak the language of 'Free' quite eloquently, as in "If its free its for me".

» Rhode Island?s Union-Democrat Kryptonite kills Superman Bldg - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

Last edited:
He pretty much correct

White people and their anxiety about blacks & Hispanics is the number one factor motivating the gun nuts.
You're a racist piece of shit.

There must be a number of facets to gun ownership, status, fear, hostility, and still others. The one I have encountered is the one where a gun owner has shown me his collection and given me the background of each piece, the rate of fire, weight, value, workmanship and so on. I have never understood that part of gun ownership. I think a few of those facets of gun ownership come through on these boards.

Forum List

Back