The QAnon Shaman Just Pissed Off a Federal Judge

Another loss for the Trumpers.

And there goes his last chance at getting out of jail before his trial.

The federal judge overseeing “QAnon Shaman” Jacob Chansley’s case has had it with his media redemption tour.

Chansley, who famously stormed the Capitol on January 6 in distinctive face paint and fur headdress, will stay in jail pending trial after Judge Royce Lamberth wrote a 32-page opinion excoriating both the accused rioter and his lawyer for their legal arguments and recent public appearances.

In the memorandum issued late Monday, Lamberth rejected Chansley’s request for pre-trial release, writing that his counsel had made “meritless” arguments and mocked the idea that Chansley was just a peaceful protester who was victimized during the riots that left five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer. Lamberth also took particular issue with a recent interview Chansley did with CBS News.

“The statements defendant has made to the public from jail show that defendant does not fully appreciate the severity of the allegations against him,” Lamberth, a Reagan appointee, wrote in his opinion. “To the contrary, he believes that he—not the American people or members of Congress — was the victim on January 6th.”

When reached for comment via email, defense attorney Albert Watkins said simply: “The Court’s Order is well written and reasoned.”

If there's anything a judge hates, it's a perp that doesn't take responsibility for his actions. I expect a sentence on the long end.

For what?
Everything he's charged with. Duh!

The federal judge overseeing “QAnon Shaman” Jacob Chansley’s case has had it with his media redemption tour.

Chansley, who famously stormed the Capitol on January 6 in distinctive face paint and fur headdress, will stay in jail pending trial after Judge Royce Lamberth wrote a 32-page opinion excoriating both the accused rioter and his lawyer for their legal arguments and recent public appearances.

In the memorandum issued late Monday, Lamberth rejected Chansley’s request for pre-trial release, writing that his counsel had made “meritless” arguments and mocked the idea that Chansley was just a peaceful protester who was victimized during the riots that left five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer. Lamberth also took particular issue with a recent interview Chansley did with CBS News.

“The statements defendant has made to the public from jail show that defendant does not fully appreciate the severity of the allegations against him,” Lamberth, a Reagan appointee, wrote in his opinion. “To the contrary, he believes that he—not the American people or members of Congress — was the victim on January 6th.”

When reached for comment via email, defense attorney Albert Watkins said simply: “The Court’s Order is well written and reasoned.”

The only people who bring up QAnon are PROGS like the OP. What does that tell you?
It tells me that Trumpanzees believe it's like Fight Club: The #1 rule of QAnon is don't talk about QAnon.

"Good to know that next time someone sees you with any sort of bag or other carrying case you can be shot and killed with impunity."

????????
You know, poster lantern, I come over to this venue with my morning coffee with the hopeful vew that there will be adult dialogue with rational and reasoned opinions expressed.
Sharp elbows and views contra to my own-- expected. And not a problem.

But I gotta say, the above quote from your avatar, sure squashes the optimism that everybody here is reasoned and rational.

Look, didn't you read was has been posted several times?

• The woman was an integral part of a group who were violently battering down a door inside the Capitol.

• She, and her cohorts, were loudly and insistently warned they needed to back off, that they were not allowed to enter. Warned by uniformed officers.

• And when an officer aimed his gun at the door, the batterers acknowledged there was a gun.....they started hollering about it. They and, Lord knows, the police.......were warning everybody that there was lethal force on the scene and aimed at the door.

• And then the door was breached....which exponentially ratcheted up the rightful concerns of the officers for their physical safety.

• And into that breach a woman leaps wearing a shroud and back-pack, either or both of which could have hidden weapons. Or explosives.

• And she was shot in self-defense by the officers.

Do this, poster 'lantern'.......go on to Google and look up the struggle at the door, hear the tumult, noise, and warnings to back-off.

Poor Leslie Babbitt, pity her family, but she demonstrated very poor judgement, and in my adult world, and I suspect in yours too, poster lantern.......bad decisions often lead to bad outcomes.

Not my rules.
It's a Karma-thingy.

The only people who bring up QAnon are PROGS like the OP. What does that tell you?

What it tells me, I think, is that as more and more of the QDuped's philosophies and ideas get mass circulated in channels outside of their RightField websites and encrypted messaging apps, well, the nation....Republicans, Democrats, and Independents....are concluding that 'these folks are snakebit nutjobs. And in particular, the Rightfield is now saying...."Who? Never heard of 'em."
They are doing a duck & cover.

I mean C'mon!.......we have a 'philosophy' that believes in and touts a pedophelia cave under a pizza shop? Jewish space lasers? eating babies? Jews ain't really Jews because they have ancestral Phoenician blood in their DNA?

Not to mention all those QDupes in capes and shirts at the Capitol insurrection on January 6th trying to stop the imaginary "Steal"?

And those folks want the rest of adult America to take 'em seriously?

Jesus H.! Gimme a break.
..............................................................................................................................

"Well, you're welcome to your opinion of course, but I have been involved in a lot of use of force incidents, and that shooting looked real bad to me."

Well, I've never been in a 'force' incident.
But, I can see what I see......in that video.
I can hear the warnings.

And if an officer warns a individuals repeatedly that they are not allowed in an area, draws his gun and points it at the group, and the individuals continue violently ----friggin' violently-----force entry through a locked door, well, consequences ensue.

I know that because I am an adult law abiding citizen who grew up in America and have absorbed the cultural perception towards what constitutes a threatening event in a situation such as we witnessed in that widow.

(Whew! say that 5 times fast.)

The woman....along with her cohorts....were threatening officers.
Forcing an entry way.
They were repeatedly warned away.
They continued.
A breach developed due to the violent forcing.
And a figure....man? woman? who could tell? ..... emerged, in obscuring clothing, into an area in close proximity to the threatened officers.

She got shot for her poor judgement.
May she rest in peace.

Aren't judges supposed to be non partisan and let the facts speak for themselves? Allowing himself to get "pissed off" show that he is not doing his job and should recuse himself.
Bullshit. They are non-partisan in their decision. Not in their courtroom and trial rules and decorum and acceptable behavior. This criminal is actively trying to write a revisionist history ahead of his trial. The judge won't have it.
how do you know?

Seems to me, the judge is displaying a bias he should recuse from the case.

What it tells me, I think, is that as more and more of the QDuped's philosophies and ideas get mass circulated in channels outside of their RightField websites and encrypted messaging apps, well, the nation....Republicans, Democrats, and Independents....are concluding that 'these folks are snakebit nutjobs. And in particular, the Rightfield is now saying...."Who? Never heard of 'em."
They are doing a duck & cover.

I mean C'mon!.......we have a 'philosophy' that believes in and touts a pedophelia cave under a pizza shop? Jewish space lasers? eating babies? Jews ain't really Jews because they have ancestral Phoenician blood in their DNA?

Not to mention all those QDupes in capes and shirts at the Capitol insurrection on January 6th trying to stop the imaginary "Steal"?

And those folks want the rest of adult America to take 'em seriously?

Jesus H.! Gimme a break.
..............................................................................................................................

"Well, you're welcome to your opinion of course, but I have been involved in a lot of use of force incidents, and that shooting looked real bad to me."

Well, I've never been in a 'force' incident.
But, I can see what I see......in that video.
I can hear the warnings.

And if an officer warns a individuals repeatedly that they are not allowed in an area, draws his gun and points it at the group, and the individuals continue violently ----friggin' violently-----force entry through a locked door, well, consequences ensue.

I know that because I am an adult law abiding citizen who grew up in America and have absorbed the cultural perception towards what constitutes a threatening event in a situation such as we witnessed in that widow.

(Whew! say that 5 times fast.)

The woman....along with her cohorts....were threatening officers.
Forcing an entry way.
They were repeatedly warned away.
They continued.
A breach developed due to the violent forcing.
And a figure....man? woman? who could tell? ..... emerged, in obscuring clothing, into an area in close proximity to the threatened officers.

She got shot for her poor judgement.
May she rest in peace.
so you going to tell us what Q refers to rather than a letter in the alphabet or are you too going to crickets once I ask?

Come on big mouth, man up and tell us.

I am not at all concerned with the future of Jacob Chansley.
Save that he and his fellow terrorists are punished to the fullest extent of the law should they be found guilty.

And this is while BLM and Antifa go around with actual terrorist attacks and get ignored by your beloved democrats? You propose a one sided system which, conveniently gives you more power to silence the opposition.

Clayton will prove Democrats aren't terrorists. He'll go into Manhattan wearing a red MADA hat for a day walking and dining around the city. You'll be perfectly safe, right Clayton? Democrats aren't terrorists. You believe that, right?
You know, I don't live in New York. Matter of fact, I kind of live in a Trump heaven. I run into someone wearing one of those stupid MAGA hats I will probably just smirk and write it off as a beaming sign that screams, "I am a dumbass". But if the dude starts running off at the mouth, disturbing those around him, and even rattles my chain, well I am probably going to beat his stupid ass. And I will wait for the cops to get there, arrest me, and dutifully accept any punishment that the courts might deal out. Yep, Pop taught me from the time I was like, twelve, that you always carry a little money in your wallet, stashed away in a safe place, and never touched until you need it. It is there for court costs, because the reality is, every once in a while, a person needs their damn ass beat.

And that is the difference. Civil disobedience works the same way, you disobey and you willing accept the punishment. But you flippin Trump nuts have no backbone, no courage. Nope, you want to violate the law and yet somehow believe you are "special", that your cause is different than any other cause, and you should not have to pay the consequences of your actions. What that means, besides the fact that you are a bunch of whining pussies, is that you are not devoted enough to your cause to deserve even a minimal amount of respect. Which should come as no surprise considering your idol, Donald Trump, makes the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz look like Mel Gibson on Braveheart.

If you wear a Trump hat saying MAGA, a fascist Democrat will beat your fascist ass
It usually takes more than one.

So the people in Trump hats, including kids and retirees wanted to be beaten up?

Fucking fascist. Yeah, blame the Jews, Himmler.

So do it, walk the streets of a major city for a day out eating and shopping in a MAGA hat and prove how perfectly safe you are

The man is charged with trespassing.
Is this fucking North Korea now??
A political show-trial.
You're definitely a foreigner looking in, because you don't know shit about the United States.
I imagine in about 10 years I'll be the foreigner looking in
If you continue to position yourself outside of the mainstream of America, continue to be the outlier in every issue, and align more with Russian policy objectives and talking points than American democratic ones, then yes, you will be the foreigner looking in.

Save that he and his fellow terrorists are punished to the fullest extent of the law should they be found guilty.

And this is while BLM and Antifa go around with actual terrorist attacks and get ignored by your beloved democrats? You propose a one sided system which, conveniently gives you more power to silence the opposition.

Clayton will prove Democrats aren't terrorists. He'll go into Manhattan wearing a red MADA hat for a day walking and dining around the city. You'll be perfectly safe, right Clayton? Democrats aren't terrorists. You believe that, right?
You know, I don't live in New York. Matter of fact, I kind of live in a Trump heaven. I run into someone wearing one of those stupid MAGA hats I will probably just smirk and write it off as a beaming sign that screams, "I am a dumbass". But if the dude starts running off at the mouth, disturbing those around him, and even rattles my chain, well I am probably going to beat his stupid ass. And I will wait for the cops to get there, arrest me, and dutifully accept any punishment that the courts might deal out. Yep, Pop taught me from the time I was like, twelve, that you always carry a little money in your wallet, stashed away in a safe place, and never touched until you need it. It is there for court costs, because the reality is, every once in a while, a person needs their damn ass beat.

And that is the difference. Civil disobedience works the same way, you disobey and you willing accept the punishment. But you flippin Trump nuts have no backbone, no courage. Nope, you want to violate the law and yet somehow believe you are "special", that your cause is different than any other cause, and you should not have to pay the consequences of your actions. What that means, besides the fact that you are a bunch of whining pussies, is that you are not devoted enough to your cause to deserve even a minimal amount of respect. Which should come as no surprise considering your idol, Donald Trump, makes the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz look like Mel Gibson on Braveheart.

Sounds a great deal like you are describing democrats and their methods of operation.

They (BLM and Antifa) act with a total disregard for the laws and seem to think that they can get away with it. If anyone vocally disagree with them, they attack. If they violate the law, such as rioting and burning cities, they expect to get away with it and unfortunately they for the most part do.

How does that jibe with your comments and apparent beliefs and desires?
It doesn't because everything you typed is a delusion fed to you by people who know a sucker when they see one.

The man is charged with trespassing.
Is this fucking North Korea now??
A political show-trial.
You're definitely a foreigner looking in, because you don't know shit about the United States.
I imagine in about 10 years I'll be the foreigner looking in
If you continue to position yourself outside of the mainstream of America, continue to be the outlier in every issue, and align more with Russian policy objectives and talking points than American democratic ones, then yes, you will be the foreigner looking in.
for doing what exactly? explain to me your new rules. I missed your version of the constitution, present it here asshole.

If you wear a Trump hat saying MAGA, a fascist Democrat will beat your fascist ass

You really ought to look up the actual definition of fascist. I do believe it is not what you think it is.

No duh. I also know what "racist" actually means and you don't. As well as misogynist. You don't know that either. Lots of sexism through history, not much misogyny, it's pretty stupid to say that men hated women. You think when Trump is misquoted by Democrats that he said the misquote.

LOL, fucking fascist

Why would a "Libertarian" wear a MAGA hat, fake libertarian?

Forum List

Back