The Qur'an is the word of God Almighty

"Blessed is He Who made constellations in the skies, and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving light"

Ask the scientists about the concept of a galaxy, about the moon being a satellite of earth, and about the earth orbiting the sun.

"Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers."

Ask the scientists about the absolute uniqueness of each human being's fingerprints.

"We made from water every living thing."

Ask the scientists about their recent findings about water being the only element needed for life to develop; no air, no light, only water.

"Blessed is He Who made constellations in the skies, and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving light"

Ask the scientists about the concept of a galaxy, about the moon being a satellite of earth, and about the earth orbiting the sun.

"Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers."

Ask the scientists about the absolute uniqueness of each human being's fingerprints.

Ask the scientists about their recent findings about water being the only element needed for life to develop; no air, no light, only water.

I speak as an Infdel.

This basically screams out how utterly backward and dangerous an ideology can be if it remains hopelessly mired in an obstinate refusal to leave behind the Dark Ages.

Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to geopolitics in the islamist Middle East can understand that the plight of the arab/islamist world has everything to do with Arab/islamist intransigence, an utter inability to compromise and make peace with the out-group, blind and unthinking allegiance to a politico-religious ideology that has never managed to claw its way out of the 7th century ; all of which finds it’s focal point at an ancient text delineating the above.

your post is sophist jibberish------muzzie. -----PS----your final sentence is entirely false-----in fact your whole statement is idiotic

I have already proved on this thread that the Quran says the sun orbits the earth. In fact what it means is the sun orbits a flat earth and is reset under the earth every dawn. It does not say the sun orbits the galaxy.

See hadith Bukhari vol4, book 54, no 421. and quran sura 36.38

Here is a clear indication from the Quran and hadiths that Muhammad made up his message based upon the ideas of his time. He clearly states the sun goes to a resting place, and that should be enough for any thinking person to see he was not getting a message from God.

Quran sura 36.38 And the Sun runs on unto a resting place for him, That is the measuring of the mighty and wise.

The following from Hadith Bukhari confirms that Muhammad thought the sun went to a resting place and gives details that cannot be interpreted any other way.

Hadith Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)

As can be seen it says that if the sun changed direction it would rise in the west. Muslims say that where the Quran says the sun swims in an orbit, it means the sun orbits the galaxy But if the sun changed direction in its orbit in the galaxy it would make no difference to the sun rising in the east, because it is the rotation of the earth that causes the appearance of the sun in the east. The hadith is clearly saying the sun orbits the earth, and it is a fuller explanation of verse 36.38 in the Quran.

Muslim75 here is the post which proves the Quran says the sun orbits the earth, not the galaxy.

I have already proved on this thread that the Quran says the sun orbits the earth. In fact what it means is the sun orbits a flat earth and is reset under the earth every dawn. It does not say the sun orbits the galaxy.
Don't delude yourself........you haven't proven anything. ..... :cuckoo:

You can read can't you. I will leave it to others to decide if my post proves the quran says the sun orbits the earth. Because you muslims just cannot face the truth when you read it.

You can read can't you. I will leave it to others to decide if my post proves the quran says the sun orbits the earth. Because you muslims just cannot face the truth when you read it.
Lifting and twisting a few verses from the Quran in order to advance your pathetic agenda isn't "Truth" by any stretch of the imagination. ...... :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

Lifting and twisting a few verses from the Quran in order to advance your pathetic agenda isn't "Truth" by any stretch of the imagination. ...... :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

Try actually reading the following conclusion about the hadith in the post 466, and see if you do not have to admit it is logical and true.

"As can be seen it says that if the sun changed direction it would rise in the west. Muslims say that where the Quran says the sun swims in an orbit, it means the sun orbits the galaxy But if the sun changed direction in its orbit in the galaxy it would make no difference to the sun rising in the east, because it is the rotation of the earth that causes the appearance of the sun in the east. The hadith is clearly saying the sun orbits the earth, and it is a fuller explanation of verse 36.38 in the Quran."

The quranic challenge.
Sura 17.88 Say verily, though mankind and the Jinn should assemble to produce the like of this quran, they could not produce the like thereof though they were the helpers of one another.
Quite apart from the fact that the quran is simplistic and repetitive, and it is plagiarism from other sources. Why does it frequently refer to itself as the quran, when it was not even compiled until well after Muhammads death?
A book telling you it is a book, when it has not even been written yet!
This is what I mean by reading the quran to analyze the text, and not going all weak in the head and throwing yourself on a prayer mat in case you annoy God.
The quran is full of nasty, nonsense, and human literature is filled with far greater writings, from ancient Greece until the present day.

Try reading Homers Iliad or Odyssy, or Plato and Aristotle, or Shakespears sonnets, or Byron's Childe Harolds Pilgrimage, or the Pilgrims progress by Bunyan. Or Dante's the Divine Comedy. Or little flowers of St Francis. Or try coming up to date with Zen and the art of Motorcyle maintainance. Or the Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra. Or The physics of immortality by Frank Tipler.
These are just a few books I grabbed off the shelves of my personal library to make a point.
There is only one thing I find remarkable about the quran, and that is that anyone in this world can possibly still believe it came from God.

The koran looks to me like just a lot of backwards scribbling.

I have read lots of scriptural writings-----the greek and roman and----"Viking" myths----the Hindu oldies like the Gita and Ramayana, and (of course) the Kamasudtra-----the bible---some volumes of the Talmud----and the Koran-----also ancient stuff like the greek plays and the Odyssey and the Iliad----
etc------the Koran is not even as good as Beowulf-----which is damned idiiotic

I have read lots of scriptural writings-----the greek and roman and----"Viking" myths----the Hindu oldies like the Gita and Ramayana, and (of course) the Kamasudtra-----the bible---some volumes of the Talmud----and the Koran-----also ancient stuff like the greek plays and the Odyssey and the Iliad----
etc-----
snl-church-lady.jpg

etc-----
snl-church-lady.jpg

Yes----it is special--- ---most people have read none of them---in fact, most muslims never read the Koran-----they just
WORSHIP it-------and believe all kinds of nonsense about it.
I was surprised when I encountered lots and lots of educated muslims and discovered that most did not know a word of Arabic and never even read a translation of the Koran.
--I am referring mostly to Pakistani, Indian, Iranian and Balkan muslims---and some other places with "stan" as part of the name. I find the discussions offered by Imams during the KHUTBAH JUMAAT feces fling sessions really idiotic-----the jerks knock the writings of others ---especially the bible without ever having read the book Long ago I was told that the Koran had not been translated into Urdu-----??? maybe it has since---
but those Pakistani knew so little Arabic that they seemed to
believe I do------because I can recite the Hebrew alphabet
the writings of others without ever having read them

As a goofy convert, you're ignorance of koranology is no excuse. .... :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

anyone wishing to play around with this or that verse----can
find all the answers to the secrets of the universe in
MAD MAGAZINE

In the following words of God, God praises Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) in that he was able to receive the Qur'an into his heart, directly from God (a mountain points to strength and loftiness among others). God then praises Himself.

"Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah (God). Such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect.

Allah is He, other than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Allah is He, other than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah. (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

Forum List

Back