The RCC is a Church with a false Gospel of works

Guys if the Catholic Church doesn't work for you just invent your own brand of Christianity with whatever beliefs you like! Bible be damned! Like dozens of other supposedly Christian religions have done in the last few centuries!

Or if you promise to stop talking shit then I'll stop talking shit :cool:

Salvation the hidden teaching

Salvation is a free gift of God. We cannot save ourselves through works or sacraments.

It's not like works are going to send you to hell, so what do you have against them? I think you're much more likely to be led astray by making a fetish of a book and interpreting things incorrectly. But since you do revere the book so much, I refer you to something Jesus said that requires very little interpretation, to the man he just made the leader of his church.

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matt.16:19(KJV)

What the Catholic Church has "bound" is that works are important, because JESUS said so.

Salvation is a free gift of God. We cannot save ourselves through works or sacraments.

It's not like works are going to send you to hell, so what do you have against them? I think you're much more likely to be led astray by making a fetish of a book and interpreting things incorrectly. But since you do revere the book so much, I refer you to something Jesus said that requires very little interpretation, to the man he just made the leader of his church.

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matt.16:19(KJV)

What the Catholic Church has "bound" is that works are important, because JESUS said so.

Jesus was talking to Peter, yes, but all the 12 had this authority; and the RCC adds traditions of men and many other unbiblical practices to the Word of God.

Jesus was talking to Peter, yes, but all the 12 had this authority; and the RCC adds traditions of men and many other unbiblical practices to the Word of God.

Name your religion. An endless amount of people will name the traditions of men and other unbiblical practices that you support :cool:

What you say today the Bible is supposedly saying (such as rapture or the Trinity etc) is not what the members thought during the first three centuries and more.

That's what Jesus told them to do. What do you think "whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven" means? It's ironic that the principle of sola scriptura is unscriptural.

On his website, www.JustForCatholi
cs.com, Dr. Joe Mizzi (a former
Catholic) summarizes the situation as follows,
“While it is true that Christ did confer authority on Peter, it is also
true that this authority was not unique to Peter, nor was it supreme
over the other apostles and the entire church. The
power of the keys
was granted to the whole church
to be exercised in the forgiveness
of sins. The apostle Peter was the
first to open the way of salvation
by the preaching of the gospel, first to the Jews at Pentecost and
later on to the Gentiles at Corneliu
s’ house. The church continues to
exercise that authority through the gospel, proclaiming
forgiveness
to those who believe in Christ
, and withholding forgiveness to
unbelievers. The church is also duty bound to discipline obstinate
sinful members; she also enjoys the happy privilege to restore
penitents to full fellowship.
Such was the interpretation of the
power of the keys by the Church Fathers
.”
(Emphasis added.)

On his website, www.JustForCatholi
cs.com, Dr. Joe Mizzi (a former
Catholic) summarizes the situation as follows,
“While it is true that Christ did confer authority on Peter, it is also
true that this authority was not unique to Peter, nor was it supreme
over the other apostles and the entire church. The
power of the keys
was granted to the whole church
to be exercised in the forgiveness
of sins. The apostle Peter was the
first to open the way of salvation
by the preaching of the gospel, first to the Jews at Pentecost and
later on to the Gentiles at Corneliu
s’ house. The church continues to
exercise that authority through the gospel, proclaiming
forgiveness
to those who believe in Christ
, and withholding forgiveness to
unbelievers. The church is also duty bound to discipline obstinate
sinful members; she also enjoys the happy privilege to restore
penitents to full fellowship.
Such was the interpretation of the
power of the keys by the Church Fathers
.”
(Emphasis added.)

Wow some random former Catholic reinterpreted scripture????

He should start a new religion like all the others before him. Maybe he can get laid from it :cool:

I really don't know what this verse has to do with the topic, I don't understand how you think that the Catholic Church has imprisoned that works are important. Yes, bound means to tie up/imprison.
bound 3 (bound)
v.
Past tense and past participle of bind.
adj.
1. Confined by bonds; tied: bound and gagged hostages.
2. Being under legal or moral obligation: bound by my promise.
3. Equipped with a cover or binding: bound volumes.
4. Predetermined; certain: We're bound to be late.
5. Determined; resolved: She's bound to be mayor.
6. Linguistics Being a form, especially a morpheme, that cannot stand as an independent word, such as a prefix or suffix.
7. Constipated.

So I really don't see how you got anything to do with the OP from that verse. Unless you are constipated and confused.

Now back to the OP.
Ephesians 2:…8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Good works are important! No one is denying that. However, works alone, will not get anyone into Heaven. Only grace though faith. That is how the thief on the cross got in. He had no time to do any good works, he was saved, because he believed and asked for forgiveness.

Luke 23:
39One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”
40But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”
42Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
43Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

What is the Rock? It is "my Father who is in heaven."

"For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. . . and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [truths revealed only by the Holy Spirit], and whatever you [by the Holy Spirit] bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [by the Holy Spirit] on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”"

Isaiah 44

"Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no [other] Rock; I know not any.”

Um, let's see, Catholics came first, then centuries later a Catholic monk named Martin Luther wanted to marry A Catholic nun so broke away from Catholicism and founded Protestantism. Centuries later various Protestant offshoots came about some of which say what this op does. But gee, let's see if maybe the original version is more credible than the latter one put foward by someone who wanted to get laid...

Christian denomination comparison chart here with major Christian denominations and where they stand on such issues as salvation methods.
Comparison Chart of Beliefs of Christian Denominations - ReligionFacts

Forum List

Back