The REAL purpose of 2nd Amendment; The no B.S. truth

[

Most civilians who own guns own them without an issue. Again because of someone elses stupidity I have to be punished.

You can, as usual, go fuck yourself.

You haven't done anything stupid, yet.

We have al sorts of things for pre-emptive stupidity. That's why we put locks on the upper floors of tall buildings and kept people from jumping off bridges like the Golden Gate.

You havent advocated treason against the US....yet. You havent strangled you neighbor with a garrotte....yet.

So to be "safe" lets arrest you, and ban piano wire.

I dont have a consitutional right to enter the roof of a tall building, or jump off the golden gate bridge.

Idiot.

[

Most civilians who own guns own them without an issue. Again because of someone elses stupidity I have to be punished.

You can, as usual, go fuck yourself.

We have al sorts of things for pre-emptive stupidity. That's why we put locks on the upper floors of tall buildings and kept people from jumping off bridges like the Golden Gate.

You havent advocated treason against the US....yet. You havent strangled you neighbor with a garrotte....yet.

I also don't get on here fantasizing about shooting people like you asshats on the right do, or cheer when a child is shot by a Barney-Fife wannabe.

[
I dont have a consitutional right to enter the roof of a tall building, or jump off the golden gate bridge.

Idiot.

And your only constutitional right to have a gun is if you join a militia.

So go ahead and sign up.

9312196-large.jpg

1.5 to 3 million times a year citizens use their legal firearms to stop a crime or prevent it from happening according to the CDC report commissioned by Obambam.

Horseshit. NO such Study. In fact, the CDC is BANNED from studying the gun issue after Kellerman.

Fail.

CDC Releases Study on Gun Violence: Defensive gun use common, mass shootings not

Guns.com? Really?

That's like saying that you have a study about the inferiority of minorites from Stormfront.

I also don't get on here fantasizing about shooting people like you asshats on the right do, or cheer when a child is shot by a Barney-Fife wannabe.

[

Idiot.

And your only constutitional right to have a gun is if you join a militia.

So go ahead and sign up.

9312196-large.jpg

Provide the quote where fantasize shooting someone.

The States can call up the milita, the people have the right to keep and bear arms, not the milita or the States. THE PEOPLE.

The amendment gives the States the right to thier own milita, and the people to bear arms so they can join said milita.

We are also all members of the unorganized milita the states can call up if they choose to.

Horseshit. NO such Study. In fact, the CDC is BANNED from studying the gun issue after Kellerman.

Fail.

CDC Releases Study on Gun Violence: Defensive gun use common, mass shootings not

Guns.com? Really?

That's like saying that you have a study about the inferiority of minorites from Stormfront.

The report is from the CDC, nimrod. Your point has disproven, and you have been shown to be a FUCKING LIAR.

Go crawl back into your rapist loving hole.

Guns.com? Really?

The report is from the CDC, nimrod. Your point has disproven, and you have been shown to be a FUCKING LIAR.

CDC said nothing of the sort.

And frankly, that was just a compilation of other people's studies...

[

The States can call up the milita, the people have the right to keep and bear arms, not the milita or the States. THE PEOPLE.

The amendment gives the States the right to thier own milita, and the people to bear arms so they can join said milita.

We are also all members of the unorganized milita the states can call up if they choose to.

Well Regulated Militia.

Not this guy...

HolmesPage01_1553320a.jpg

or this guy...

220px-Jared_Loughner_sheriff's_office.jpg

Frankly, I get tired of hearing about these guys because you misinterpret something said 200 years ago, like that fucking matters today.

guns.com? Really?

That's like saying that you have a study about the inferiority of minorites from stormfront.

the report is from the cdc, nimrod. Your point has disproven, and you have been shown to be a fucking liar.

cdc said nothing of the sort.

the committee on priorities for a public health research agenda to reduce the threat of firearm-related violence, under the direction of the centers for disease control and prevention, recently published a study of findings related to violence and guns. Some of the results may come as a shock – to those on both sides of the gun control argument.

liar liar liar liar liar liar liar

Guns.com? Really?

CDC said nothing of the sort.

So what ,that doesn't make it not true.

You say it is false ,then prove it,its your claim your burden. now man up .

[

Well Regulated Militia.

Not this guy...

HolmesPage01_1553320a.jpg

or this guy...

220px-Jared_Loughner_sheriff's_office.jpg

Frankly, I get tired of hearing about these guys because you misinterpret something said 200 years ago, like that fucking matters today.

No relation to my right to own a firearm. I dont lose my liscense to drive when someone else gets in an accident.

More fail by JoeBlow, the new Truthmatters equivalent on this message board.

[

Why, because Guns.com went through a document dump and found something that purports to support their crazy notion that guns are used in defense if you are really fucking imaginative?

Really?

Point is, the CDC hasn't studied this issue- really studied it, not just compiled other people's studies - since Kellerman found that a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

After that, the NRA got Congress to cut all funds to gun studies, and one hasn't been done since.

[quo

No relation to my right to own a firearm. I dont lose my liscense to drive when someone else gets in an accident.

But the point is-

YOU ARE LICENSED. You can't drive unless you prove you know what you are doing.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO GET INSURANCE.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER YOUR CAR.

In short, if there was a driving equivlent to a Holmes or Loughner, we have methods to keep them out from behind a wheel.

Not so much with guns. Nope. Everyone should be able to get a gun because the founding slave rapers said so.

[quo

But the point is-

YOU ARE LICENSED. You can't drive unless you prove you know what you are doing.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO GET INSURANCE.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER YOUR CAR.

In short, if there was a driving equivlent to a Holmes or Loughner, we have methods to keep them out from behind a wheel.

Not so much with guns. Nope. Everyone should be able to get a gun because the founding slave rapers said so.

All those requirements are for public roads only. if you have the car delivered to your own property, and it is big enough for the car to run around, you need none of that.

Also there is no consitutional right to owning or driving a car, as we have stated ad nauseum.

Finally, those requirements are cars are not designed to prevent people from driving. The proposals to do the same to firearms are EXPLICITLY designed to prevent people from owning guns, just because pussies like you are afraid of metal tubes that go BANG.

Everyone who has no felonious criminal record, is of age, and has not been adjudecated to be mentally deficient should be able to get a firearm. Not "everyone"

JoB: Bringing stupid back.

[

Why, because Guns.com went through a document dump and found something that purports to support their crazy notion that guns are used in defense if you are really fucking imaginative?

Really?

Point is, the CDC hasn't studied this issue- really studied it, not just compiled other people's studies - since Kellerman found that a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

After that, the NRA got Congress to cut all funds to gun studies, and one hasn't been done since.

Again with the Kellerman twaddle. and if CDC was prevented from studying gun stuff in general, wouldnt it prevent them from providing for a study?

You are still a fucking liar, and cannot admit it.

And how is compiling other studies and providing commentary on them not "studying" them?

Keep stretching it dumbo.

[

Everyone who has no felonious criminal record, is of age, and has not been adjudecated to be mentally deficient should be able to get a firearm. Not "everyone"

But that's the point guy. You can't even hit that low standard.

Every time a Loughner or a Holmes or a Lanza shoots something up, we find out within a day or two that everyone in their life knew they were crazy.

And they were still able to get a gun.

In short, you guys are unwilling to police yourselves. This is why you don't deserve the PRIVILAGE of gun ownership.

[

But that's the point guy. You can't even hit that low standard.

Every time a Loughner or a Holmes or a Lanza shoots something up, we find out within a day or two that everyone in their life knew they were crazy.

And they were still able to get a gun.

In short, you guys are unwilling to police yourselves. This is why you don't deserve the PRIVILAGE of gun ownership.

Its not a privilage, its a right, no matter how your facist mind thinks.

To remove a right, a judge and/or jury has to adjudicate you. Any other way and what you get is burecratic tyranny, when someone can just decide "person X doesnt get his rights"

This still does not affect my right, as a person with a spotless criminal and mental record to own a firearm.

[

Again with the Kellerman twaddle. and if CDC was prevented from studying gun stuff in general, wouldnt it prevent them from providing for a study?

You are still a fucking liar, and cannot admit it.

And how is compiling other studies and providing commentary on them not "studying" them?

Keep stretching it dumbo.

Because that's not studying. That's just compliling data.

There's a difference, guy. "Well, this report says 65,000 DGU's and this report says 3 Million" isn't a study.

A study is when you find out how many DGU's there actually are. A study is when you actually define what a DGU is, and then document how many there were.

That's what Kellerman actually did. He went into Seattle, he compiled police reports on every gun death, and then he determined how many were suicides, how many were accidents, how many were defensive killings and how many were domestic killings.

That's a Study. And the NRA wasn't having any of that shit. Because they have a profit motive in keeping stupid people like you thinking you need a gun to protect yourself.

[

Its not a privilage, its a right, no matter how your facist mind thinks.

To remove a right, a judge and/or jury has to adjudicate you. Any other way and what you get is burecratic tyranny, when someone can just decide "person X doesnt get his rights"

This still does not affect my right, as a person with a spotless criminal and mental record to own a firearm.

There are no "rights".

There are only privilages society lets you have.

It can't be a "right" if it can be taken away from you.

And frankly, guy, I would hardly call your mental record to be "spotless". I am wondering what would happen if we made every gun owner get a psych evaluation before they could buy a gun.

Clearly, this is a privilage we shouldn't let people have if they can't keep the undesirables from getting them.

Stalkers and Shooters: A History of Snipers: Kevin Dockery: 9780425215425: Amazon.com: Books

Read this book last weekend, "Stalkers and Shooters: History of Snipers"; it was fantastic. Documents the history of snipers, from the early 1300's with arrows, up to the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, all the way to modern day military and swat snipers fighting terrorism. More of a detailed history than techincal teaching book.

Anyway, it spoke about the 2nd Amendment. And the real meaning of it within context of what was going on in the country at the time. This is not a political book. Its for no-B.S. military and police people. And here is basically how it lays it out:

The Revolutionary War depended a lot on volunteer militia to fight alongside official military. The problem was, the militia were being provided ammo by the regular troops, and they had to make 7 different types of ammo due to the militia all having different rifles.

The Revolutionary War was turned in large part due to American snipers and their marksmanship and guerilla tactics. They fought ALONGSIDE their government's official troops to fight off the British.

So, to put it bluntly, as the book lays it out, the CONTEXT of the idea behind the 2nd Amendment immediately after the Revolutionary War was a "well regulated" militia, MEANING that the standing government could provide ammunition in times of emergency to the citizens, and with "well regulated" militia, they'd all have a standard caliber ammo so the government could focus on mass producing one type of ammo, and thus, supply as much ammo as possible to it's people.

And that would allow the people to fight ALONG SIDE the regular troops in times of national defense.

THAT, in my opinion, is the true, no bullshit meaning, with historical context and purpose. To have armed citizens, in a common caliber of ammo, that the government can open up the hordes of ammo to should a national emergency or invasion happen.

Its not to allow the citizens to fight against their own government, its to allow them to fight WITH their government. The Revolutionary War showed this, when the Americans tried to supply 7 different types of ammo to the militia, and it was hard, so they determined that a "well regulated" (aka, common caliber) amongst the militia would be a good idea.

And it is. The standard ammo of choice seems to be 5.56/.223, 12 guage, and .45 or 9mm, all very common rounds that the federal, state and local governments use. And they are very popular among citizens.

It seems the 2nd Amendment works, accidentally or on purpose, in that if America were subjected to a mass invasion, the governments could distribute ammo to the people, most of whom would have guns that could fire the most common calibers government uses.

But much to the disappointment of right wing fanatics, the 2nd was, and is, meant to allow citizens to fight WITH their government, NOT against it.

That is the real history, based on a writers interpretation, so it is his opinion and uses an entire book to present his argument. I could find a book that would present someone else's opinion on the same argument.

It is all opinion.

Forum List

Back