The Real Reason Big Labor Wants a Minimum Wage Hike

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Obama used a recent weekly address to once again call for an increase in the minimum wage up to $10.10 per hour. The President urged Congress to pass legislation making this change, and praised similar minimum wage hike efforts underway in states and localities. He criticized some in Congress for standing in the way and promised to “keep up this fight” because “our economy works best when it works for all of us – not just a fortunate few.” Perhaps, before he again employs his lofty rhetoric in defense of this perennial liberal cause, the President should consider the...

Townhall.com ^

It'll force wages up across the board.

And who the hell wants or needs higher wages?

When the higher wages force higher prices, how will people be better off?

Progressives lack of basic economic understanding always astounds me.

You know..................prices have continued to rise ever since this country was started.

If the minimum wage had kept up with inflation, the current minimum wage would be around 10.50.

show us how we have ALL benefitted from the labor movement, please? I say that most of us got messed over by said movement, certainly so after WW2.

show us how we have ALL benefitted from the labor movement, please? I say that most of us got messed over by said movement, certainly so after WW2.

Safer working conditions for those in dangerous jobs, a 5 day work week, as well as the end of child labor are just a couple of benefits from the labor movement.

people paying for things they need in order to live?

What, they can't get a second or third job?

They expect their already over burdened employer to support their lavish lifestyle.

I find it appalling that people actually HAVE to go out and get a second or third job just to survive.

As far as "expecting" their already overburdened employer to support their lavish lifestyle, why is it that the Walton family (owners of Wal-Mart) who are making money hand over fist, are allowed to pay their workers a wage that qualifies them for food stamps?

If the minimum wage was raised to 10.10, those people would no longer be eligible for SNAP because they'd make too much money.

Want to cut down on the government "handouts"? Raise the minimum wage.

Forum List

Back