The Real Threat to Democracy Is When Americans Can't Be Open about Their Political Beliefs

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Amen! And it's the intolerant Left that is shutting down conservative, pro-Trump voices everywhere and every when. Their attacks are becoming brutal and destructive. Sadly, there will soon come a point when those being attacked will defend themselves, with force if necessary.

We've seemingly entered a world where we've traded freedom of speech for freedom of shared opinion. In the name of a safe place to foster diversity, we all need to be exactly the same

Read more @ The Real Threat to Democracy Is When Americans Can't Be Open about Their Political Beliefs

I think State rights are the real threat to democracy because state's are often managed by special interests and idiots. See this piece on the fall of Russian communism. Parallel? You do remember the Civil war right?

"Lest somebody believe that Suraska is a partisan of state power, let me explain that what she means is that the arbitrary nature of Communist state, overseen by the Communist party, prevented it from ever developing a responsible and impersonal machinery of Weberian bureaucracy. Such a machinery that follows well-known and rational rules cannot be established if the power is arbitrary. And without such a machinery, the project of modernization is doomed." globalinequality: Did post-Marxist theories destroy Communist regimes?

Amen! And it's the intolerant Left that is shutting down conservative, pro-Trump voices everywhere and every when. Their attacks are becoming brutal and destructive. Sadly, there will soon come a point when those being attacked will defend themselves, with force if necessary.

We've seemingly entered a world where we've traded freedom of speech for freedom of shared opinion. In the name of a safe place to foster diversity, we all need to be exactly the same

Read more @ The Real Threat to Democracy Is When Americans Can't Be Open about Their Political Beliefs
Hmm, they are not silent....I hear them all the time........Why do you not?

From the piece:
'...half of America felt they couldn't be honest with others about their vote if it didn't begin and end with “Hillary Clinton.”'
That's just BS, my friend. In fact considerably less than half of America voted for the Orange FlimFlam, and he only got the gong on account of an outdated gerrymander.

Has it occured to you the reason why people look at your views with disgust is because your views are disgusting?

When you call the Press "the enemy", that's kind of disgusting.

When you call women "pigs", that's disgusting.

The problem is, I think that there are a lot of strong conservative principles. I don't agree with them at this point in my life, but I could respect that you had them.

And then you threw them all to the side to support Cheetoh Jesus.

Trump supporters?

Those guys are Nazis and need to be punched in the face.

I am for free speech, but the hate they spew should not be allowed.

Has it occured to you the reason why people look at your views with disgust is because your views are disgusting?

The problem is, I think that there are a lot of strong conservative principles. I don't agree with them at this point in my life, but I could respect that you had them.

You are a perfect example of the OP

Trump supporters?

Those guys are Nazis and need to be punched in the face.

I am for free speech, but the hate they spew should not be allowed.

But it's okay to voice the hate YOU spew?

How about answering the questions.

Do you really think women are "pigs"?

Trump does.

Do you really think the press is 'The Enemy"?

Trump does.

This is the Faustian Bargain you guys on the right made, where you are having to support and defend every dumb thing this guy does.

You are nothing but a troll. I've been thinking of increasing my ignore list. YOu now have the much desired Number Two slot. Congratulations!

You are nothing but a troll. I've been thinking of increasing my ignore list. YOu now have the much desired Number Two slot. Congratulations!

oh, done-der, Cleetus, I know I done hurt your feelings too many times, but you all need to dun-der get over it.

Trump does.

Trump does.

This is the Faustian Bargain you guys on the right made, where you are having to support and defend every dumb thing this guy does.

Provide a link - just one - to where the president cited women as "pigs." If you can.

And yes, the general media is doing everything it can to thwart the will of the American people.

The right doesn't fight like the left. Leftists will do anything for power. The right mostly wants to be left alone to live their lives as best we can. Politics is a religion to lefties and the unbelievers are evil.

Like all of the people who were afraid to say that they were voting for Trump?

Intelligent people scare the likes of you.

Trump does.

Trump does.

It was wrong for Trump to call certain women "pigs".

The women on "The View" are several levels below pigs on the evolutionary scale.
To date, what the US has in its favor are immigrants. They come to this country and their biggest priority is education, education, education. Their kids grow up with a value that we American's take for granted, and that is education is the key to prosperity and dreams.

In this country, today, we have nothing but sorry ass nigga's and poor shit white trash calling the shots with our voter base. From rural america to urban shit holes....Two pathetic entities that gave us Trump, a sorry ass congress, fucked up senate and a immoral landscape that will soon ruin this country. So I welcome anybody coming to this country, diluting the stench that American born ingrates proclaim as their own.

I thank you and I pray God you procreate enough to end the nightmare of America's own.
Plagiarized...

Ei

That fact that you feel a need to lie, shows that you know you are in the wrong.

Why are you actively being wrong?

That fact that you feel a need to lie, shows that you know you are in the wrong.

Thank you for proving my point.

Thank you for proving my point.

Doubling down on your dishonesty only makes you more of an ass. It has nothing to do with me.

Provide a link - just one - to where the president cited women as "pigs." If you can.

So which women has Donald Trump called ‘dogs’ and ‘fat pigs’?

The first is, at this point, well known, thanks to Trump's response in the Thursday night debate. Trump has referred to comedian and talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell as a "fat pig" -- among other pejoratives -- more than once. The two have tangled in public for some time. And Trump went back to that same language well during the debate.

And yes, the general media is doing everything it can to thwart the will of the American people.

Uh, dude, the will of the American people was that Hillary become President. She won the popular vote. So you can't say that Trump represents the will of the people when 54% of the electorate voted against him.

To the point, though, they are asking completely valid questions and frankly every other president has gone under this kind of scrutiny, and they should. The Founding Fathers, (whom you guys claim to love so much when they created awful electoral colleges or couldn't word a militia amendment properly) saw the press as performing exactly this role.

If Cheeto Jesus needs a safe space, maybe he should resign.

Forum List

Back