The reality of Trump's condolences phone call

You bet, Clinton was a prime example.
I don't much care now what prognostications one might offer about what she would or would not have been like as POTUS. She's and he is, and he's as turpitudinous as it gets without one's being the Devil incarnate.

Bill Clinton not Hillary. Your prognostications are getting the better of you.
Well, I care even less about Bill Clinton's rectitude or lack thereof as POTUS some 20 odd years ago. His rectitude no longer matters.

B Clinton mattered some while he was on an airplane with Lynch, doing Hillary's dirty business.

In terms of public policy and Lynch's job at the time, he didn't matter at all. The situation was no different than that of one's seeing a friend/close acquaintance at a restaurant, or knowing they are there at the time, and visiting their table or private dining room to chat.

Doing so it not at all uncommon at any level of society. All that's uncommon is that people of Bill's economic cohort and Lynch's then professional level have access to and use chartered/private planes. The average person doesn't cross paths with their friends and acquaintances in the course of using general aviation rather than commercial flights. The average person does, however, cross paths with their friends and close acquaintances in other venues and situations -- malls, grocery stores, parking lots, etc. -- and they most certainly do, time permitting, bother to reach out to them and engage in social banter.

You bet, I try to make sure all my meetings with friends or ex-workers are in private with nobody within 100 feet.

I don't much care now what prognostications one might offer about what she would or would not have been like as POTUS. She's and he is, and he's as turpitudinous as it gets without one's being the Devil incarnate.

Well, I care even less about Bill Clinton's rectitude or lack thereof as POTUS some 20 odd years ago. His rectitude no longer matters.

B Clinton mattered some while he was on an airplane with Lynch, doing Hillary's dirty business.

In terms of public policy and Lynch's job at the time, he didn't matter at all. The situation was no different than that of one's seeing a friend/close acquaintance at a restaurant, or knowing they are there at the time, and visiting their table or private dining room to chat.

Doing so it not at all uncommon at any level of society. All that's uncommon is that people of Bill's economic cohort and Lynch's then professional level have access to and use chartered/private planes. The average person doesn't cross paths with their friends and acquaintances in the course of using general aviation rather than commercial flights. The average person does, however, cross paths with their friends and close acquaintances in other venues and situations -- malls, grocery stores, parking lots, etc. -- and they most certainly do, time permitting, bother to reach out to them and engage in social banter.

You bet, I try to make sure all my meetings with friends or ex-workers are in private with nobody within 100 feet.
Okay....Is there some germane reason you felt the need to share with us how you conduct your interactions with friends and former coworkers?

Yeah, and people always have meetings on the tarmac of major airport. It happens every day!

Okay....Is there some germane reason you felt the need to share with us how you conduct your interactions with friends and former coworkers?

Well....primarily because you're trying to spin this meeting as some chance encounter of long lost friends getting together for hugs.

Well....primarily because you're trying to spin this meeting as some chance encounter of long lost friends getting together for hugs.

Only a true Hillary ass licker would claim this thing was innocent. Not even Comey believed that.

There is no basis for thinking it's anything other than that. That's the most likely and simple explanation for their encounter.

You'd think impeachment would have helped Billy learn a lesson.

There is no basis for thinking it's anything other than that. That's the most likely and simple explanation for their encounter.

Are you pulling a funny on us?

iu

That would require him to have a sense of humor.

Got a transcript - or just a meme?

Fake news my friend ;)

The White House said Friday that there was no transcript of President Trump's call with the widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson, one of the four soldier's killed during an ambush in Niger earlier this month.

Trump's top spokeswoman was asked about a possible transcript after the issue was raised in an interview with the president's daughter-in-law Lara Trump.

“There’s not a transcript of the call,” press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters during the White House press briefing.​

White House: No transcript of Trump’s call to military widow
OK then, no transcript. So neither of can know what was actually said. Since no other Gold Star family has acted as this ONE has acted, I have to go with Trump not singling out this ONE woman.

No.

I'm simply refraining from engaging in a "conspiracy theory" line of analysis of the matter. It strains credulity to think that Bill and Loretta's meet-up was planned, let alone contrived, particularly insofar as they were, at the time of the meeting, well acquainted and, were they plotting something untoward, could have had the very same conversation at anytime and in any place, certainly some place where the occurrence of their meeting was markedly less visible than it was at an airport where the press were and were sure to be present to cover independently the goings on of both Clinton and Lynch.

And just to be clear, you referring to a black female Member of Congress as "Aunt Esther", is both racist and sexist. This is a typical right wing tactic to tear down a very valid criticism of Trump who had both lied about past Presidents and lied about his own actions in dealing with gold star families.

Mr. Haney (given name Eustace Charleston Haney) is a fictional local farmer turned salesman and con man in the rural Hooterville community who was a supporting antagonist character on the 1960s CBS television series Green Acres. He first appeared in the episode Lisa's First Day on the Farm (September 22, 1965).

You should refer to Trump as Mr. Haney.

We should all refer to you as "lying douche bag," because that's what you are - you and that lying clown pig Frederica Wilson.

The only one lying here is YOU, little Trumpanzee. Kelly confirmed what Trump said. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And just to be clear, you referring to a black female Member of Congress as "Aunt Esther", is both racist and sexist. This is a typical right wing tactic to tear down a very valid criticism of Trump who had both lied about past Presidents and lied about his own actions in dealing with gold star families.

Mr. Haney (given name Eustace Charleston Haney) is a fictional local farmer turned salesman and con man in the rural Hooterville community who was a supporting antagonist character on the 1960s CBS television series Green Acres. He first appeared in the episode Lisa's First Day on the Farm (September 22, 1965).

We should all refer to you as "lying douche bag," because that's what you are - you and that lying clown pig Frederica Wilson.

The only one lying here is YOU, little Trumpanzee. Kelly confirmed what Trump said. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I'm not going to bother arguing this point because everyone knows it's not true.

I'm not going to bother arguing this point because everyone knows it's not true.

The only people who "know" it's not true are loyal Trumpanzees. Even Trump knows he lied. You, on the other hand, aren't that smart.

The only people who "know" it's not true are loyal Trumpanzees. Even Trump knows he lied. You, on the other hand, aren't that smart.

How would you know exactly what was said when there is no recording of the event?

Obviously, you're lying. You will saying anything to destroy Trump. Your ilk have shot their wad and been exposed for what you are.

I don't know any of the specifics. Don't need to, because it's clear what's taking place. Progressives nitpick every fucking word because they're petty and weak. Even when they have nothing they invent something to bitch about, and NOTHING is sacred. At the end of the day progressives lose again, which has become their comfort zone.
I find it interesting that of all the families that Trump called only this one had a problem and she is a black democrat liberal with an obvious axe to grind. All the other families seem to be satisfied with the compassion the President showed them.

15 minutes of fame?
There really haven't been that many -- like 20 or so, and in the summer, Trump promised a Gold Star father he personally would send out a check for 25,000 to him.

Never happened.
It wasn't until the WaPo reported just this past week the check had never been received, he cut one - then got pissed at WP for reporting it.

There's this too:
Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted*nearly every family that had lost a military servicemember this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate — but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.
So in the end Trump sent a gold star family 25K, good for him, the rest is just liberal hype.
Only because he was shamed into it.

Like many of his promised donations, including numerous ones to vets he said he would and never did -- until he was caught.

Way ta go. Stand up character! LOL

No.

I'm simply refraining from engaging in a "conspiracy theory" line of analysis of the matter. It strains credulity to think that Bill and Loretta's meet-up was planned, let alone contrived, particularly insofar as they were, at the time of the meeting, well acquainted and, were they plotting something untoward, could have had the very same conversation at anytime and in any place, certainly some place where the occurrence of their meeting was markedly less visible than it was at an airport where the press were and were sure to be present to cover independently the goings on of both Clinton and Lynch.
You can only believe that by giving bill and Loretta every conceivable benefit of the doubt.

Yeah they could have called, but phones have ears, any phone.

Who would think that the press would be stalking the airport? As I remember the story it was one journalist that saw the planes and became interested in what was going on.
I don't know any of the specifics. Don't need to, because it's clear what's taking place. Progressives nitpick every fucking word because they're petty and weak. Even when they have nothing they invent something to bitch about, and NOTHING is sacred. At the end of the day progressives lose again, which has become their comfort zone.
I find it interesting that of all the families that Trump called only this one had a problem and she is a black democrat liberal with an obvious axe to grind. All the other families seem to be satisfied with the compassion the President showed them.

15 minutes of fame?
There really haven't been that many -- like 20 or so, and in the summer, Trump promised a Gold Star father he personally would send out a check for 25,000 to him.

Never happened.
It wasn't until the WaPo reported just this past week the check had never been received, he cut one - then got pissed at WP for reporting it.

There's this too:
Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted*nearly every family that had lost a military servicemember this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate — but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.
So in the end Trump sent a gold star family 25K, good for him, the rest is just liberal hype.
Only because he was shamed into it.

Like many of his promised donations, including numerous ones to vets he said he would and never did -- until he was caught.

Way ta go. Stand up character! LOL

So in the end he sent 25K, period. I do believe that would be 25 K more then Obama ever sent, or bill, or Hillary.

Forum List

Back