🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The reason Paul Ryan is resigning when he is

Paul Ryan's decision to wait until January to retire includes an under-the-radar benefit

To pad his comfy retirement portfolio.

His main concern is himself.

Isn't that what the motto the US is built on?

I suggest you take a walk through one of our National Cemeteries, read the headstones and see the ages of those who served our nation honorably.
You mean like Trump, who dodged the draft?

People of power always use those under them, unfortunately, that's why the cemeteries are so full.

From what I gather, Ryan has net worth of 6-8 million dollars and I am sure he'll make a decent amount of coin on the "Mashed Potato" Circuit. He should decline the benefits for the sake of fiscal responsibility. I don't see that occurring, but I hope to be wrong.

Paul Ryan's decision to wait until January to retire includes an under-the-radar benefit

And, you know this how?
Are you a mind reader, or just another liberal twit?

First of all, Ryan's is a Professional Pol. He is Trump-like, a person with the responsibility to make decisions, and always decides on what to decide after asking himself, "How will this effect ME?"

One needn't be a mind reader, all one needs to do is to watch and listen without a bias. Calling someone "another liberal twit" suggests you cannot open your mind to any idea which conflicts with what you've been told to believe.

From what I gather, Ryan has net worth of 6-8 million dollars and I am sure he'll make a decent amount of coin on the "Mashed Potato" Circuit. He should decline the benefits for the sake of fiscal responsibility. I don't see that occurring, but I hope to be wrong.

He'll take it, and be a figurehead at six or more figures in one of the conservative don't-think tanks.

I suggest you take a walk through one of our National Cemeteries, read the headstones and see the ages of those who served our nation honorably.

Wow, and to think none of them served in Congress. You know, the people who sent these folks to their deaths.

I'm shocked!

During the last 25 years or so, we've had 4 GOP Speakers........and they have proved "stellar", haven't they?

Gingrich, Hassert, Boehner and Ryan.

And, you know this how?

First of all, Ryan's is a Professional Pol. He is Trump-like, a person with the responsibility to make decisions, and always decides on what to decide after asking himself, "How will this effect ME?"

One needn't be a mind reader, all one needs to do is to watch and listen without a bias. Calling someone "another liberal twit" suggests you cannot open your mind to any idea which conflicts with what you've been told to believe.
Who in Washington is NOT a Professional politician?
Who has EVER turned down that pension?
The only person I know of who donates his entire salary is Trump!
And before you even start, he accepts the salary because he has to, it's the law.

Maybe - just maybe - he decided to "wait until January" to "retire" is because he ran for a 24-month term of office, and that's when the 24 months ends. But I guess the concept of honoring one's obligations wouldn't even enter the mind of a Leftist.

It is clear to any clear-headed observer that Ryan is moving out to (a) cash in, and (b) allow someone else to take a shot at herding the cats in the House of Representatives. Ryan was able to accomplish pretty much NONE of the things he set out to do, with the current "omnibus" budget bill being Exhibit A.

Bad President, Bad Senate (preventing him from accomplishing anything in Trump's first year). Bad election coming up. Why would he remain?

And, you know this how?

Who in Washington is NOT a Professional politician?
Who has EVER turned down that pension?
The only person I know of who donates his entire salary is Trump!
And before you even start, he accepts the salary because he has to, it's the law.

who does Trump donate his salary to ?

the guy that pays for his $10 million dollar golf weekends ?

Trump doesnt donate jack chite.

Sure is, except when they need real patriots. You know, those in the military. But when they are done doing their bidding. It all reverts back to........."WHAT, you want a nickel from me for WHAT?"
The 10 Most Brazen War Profiteers

The 10 Most Brazen War Profiteers
Also Dr. Mr. budget hawk, got his tax cut so he can greatly benefit from it an now he can go lobby.

And I bet you think Nancy (tooth sucker) Pelousey was stellar!

Actually, NO.....that is YOUR dumb-fuck conclusion, as expected......lol

It's funny, the right wing / callous conservative / neo fascists / supporters of Trump are so judgmental until it comes to them and theirs. Hypocrisy is one of the great character flaws which drives them.

If the Democratic Leader in the H. of Rep. wanted to be popular, she would abandon the poor, the aged and the infirm, and tell those with the money to donate what they want to hear. By that I mean to abandon the Social Contract which along with the Golden Rule guide the vast majority of Democrats.

Forum List

Back