🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The repub party is testing our country's democracy

-Book Bans
-Attacks on jurist and judges
-Attacks on election workers
-Denial of Fair Elections

The repub party is testing the very fabric of our democracy. It seems that the judiciary is the only remaining safe guard standing in the way of repubs turning the US into another autocracy. Their quest for one party rule is dangerous to not only our country, but democracies world wide. You want to see an example of a country's leader who is putting his self interest over the laws of their land? Just look at what the far right sector of the Knesset in Isrrael is doing on the orders of Netanyahu. He is trying to get out from under crimes he has committed by usurping the legal system. If trump is re-elected, he will use this as a model to do the same in the US.
It’s shameful that Republicans weaponized the FBI and had their State Attorney Generals prosecute their political ENEMIES.

Oh, wait

1. The EC has been used perfectly for over 250 years, it is not dysfunctional.
2. Pols can campaign wherever they want to, this is a free country. Every state gets campaigned in for presidential races, LIAR.
How many rallies did Trump have in California when running for president in 2016?

Zero.

Tell me how it makes sense that the largest state in the union can’t even garner one visit by the president?

They foolishly believe that the strongman will only persecute those they deem unacceptable but that they won't be harmed.

At the end of almost every revolution, there's purge against the 'evil' ones. But then when the policies implemented by the new revolutionary government prove to be a complete failure, instead of admitting that they do not know how to run a government, they declare that there are more 'evil' ones that are undermining their revolutionary ideas and have to be purged. When their policies still continue to fail they just keep repeating the pattern. The 'net' gets ever wider - purging more and more people. Even the most loyal revolutionaries get caught in their own net. The Revolutionary Leaders will never admit that their ideas were bunk - no matter how many people they purge.

This happened in France, Russia, China & Cuba to name a few.

The only reason it did not happen in the U.S. is that the State Government structure and legislatures remained intact. Only the Royal Governors were replaced with elected governors.

Trump wants to get rid of the 'Deep State'. He wants to destroy the government. If he succeeds there will be a complete collapse of American society. Will Trump blame himself? No. He'll just increase his accusations without end.

Post-Soviet Russia went thru something like what Trump wants to do here. A totally 'free libertarian' government caused an almost complete collapse of the Russian society and economy. Putin was elected to restore a strong government - in that he succeeded.

Now, Putin is using Trump to get his revenge.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
And you don’t think the electoral college is dysfunctional.

You can’t even admit that almost all campaigning occurs in swing states and the rest of the country is essentially ignored.
Trump won the in person voting in ALL 50 States! Biden LOST in person in Delaware!

How many rallies did Trump have in California when running for president in 2016?

Zero.

Tell me how it makes sense that the largest state in the union can’t even garner one visit by the president?
Trump wasn't President in 2016.

That's your ignorant perception. Why would a presidential candidate spend money in a state they're assured to either win or lose? Common sense tells them to campaign the most in the close states. Do you just need some attention?
That’s what so dysfunctional. Most voters don’t live in swing states but that’s all that campaigns care about. It’s dysfunctional that they would ignore the vast majority of the country because they can’t “win” a state.

I think it would be far better if it made sense to campaign everywhere. Those votes should count no matter what state they’re in.

It’s shameful that Republicans weaponized the FBI and had their State Attorney Generals prosecute their political ENEMIES.

Oh, wait

Trump has made his bed, and now he must lie in it.

He has only himself to blame.

I hope that while he sits & rots in prison he realizes that if he had not started the BIG LIE and had not tried to stop the peaceful transition of power, he probably would have won the 2024 election.

The jokes on him!

:laughing0301:

They’re not entitled to any relief because the constitution hasn’t been violated.

There’s nothing preventing any state from likewise changing their laws. Besides, the compact states it doesn’t take effect unless there’s sufficiently participating states to determine the outcome of the election. Therefore, if a state drops out the compact puts itself on hold and laws revert back to previous.
It’s a silly topic.

Your actual objection is that the Electoral College exists at all.

That's probably the most ignorant post I've read here this month so far, but there's still 19 days to go so who knows.

So you deny that there are many southern Americans that believe that the Federal Government is an occupation force?

Have you ever been to Louisiana or Texas?

Or are you saying that Republicans aren't anti-taxation?

Or do you have nothing to say and are just blabbing nonsense?

Trump has made his bed, and now he must lie in it.

He has only himself to blame.

I hope that while he sits & rots in prison he realizes that if he had not started the BIG LIE and had not tried to stop the peaceful transition of power, he probably would have won the 2024 election.

The jokes on him!

:laughing0301:
^ ESL student says what?

More lying kookbabble jimboliar.
You forgot to mention how your ilk is bringing in the number one killer of 18-49 year old citizens along with disease and rampant crime through the unsecured border. How more people have to work 2 and 3 jobs now and have spiked their cc debt, how prices are the most ridiculous they ever have been and how your own brownshirts won't even take a job because they are too entitled. Your ilk is evil jimboliar and we are taking you down.
Wrong. On all counts.

Zero.

Cuz nobody gives a shit about that shithole state.

HTH

It’s a silly topic.

Your actual objection is that the Electoral College exists at all.
It is my actual objection. The Electoral College may have served a purpose long ago, but it's not even coming close to doing that anymore.
Cuz nobody gives a shit about that shithole state.

HTH
Do you know which state has the most Trump voters?

California. I think their votes should count. You don’t. Sad.

It is my actual objection. The Electoral College may have served a purpose long ago, but it's not even coming close to doing that anymore.
Of course it is. And that is the basis upon which you object to its existence.

You’re quite vapid. Anything that serves (in any way) to temper a pure democracy is abhorrent to you.

Trump won the in person voting in ALL 50 States! Biden LOST in person in Delaware!
Trump lost the popular vote by 7 million. People voted by mail because were in a pandemic. And trump didn't win in person voting in all 50 states.

Do you know which state has the most Trump voters?

California. I think their votes should count. You don’t. Sad.
I agree. Every other race for public office is determined by popular vote.

Of course it is. And that is the basis upon which you object to its existence.

You’re quite vapid. Anything that serves (in any way) to temper a pure democracy is abhorrent to you.
Anything that serves to help elect Republicans is wonderful to you.

The electoral college gives political power to arbitrary lines drawn on a map.

I don’t think the government should be based on arbitrary decisions.

The electoral college was designed to prevent assholes like Trump from winning office. It no longer serves its purpose.

Forum List

Back