The Republican House Wreckers Trying to Veto Democracy

How many NON whites do the democrats have running for president?
As many as will be in the top 3 for the GOP when the primaries come around.
One? Who will they run? I don't see any up there yet, do you?
Exactly.
Last time I looked, Ben Carson was still black.
And then you got what Two Cubans and a fellow who folks are from India. And all the dems have are OLD DAMN OLD white people. I wonder if they are racists?

'An analysis in The Washington Post summarized the goals of the Freedom Caucus: to attain "explicit commitments from the next speaker to fully repeal Obamacare in a filibuster-proof bill, to make increases in the debt limit conditional on entitlement reform, to impeach the IRS commissioner, to forswear stop gap spending bills, and to defund Planned Parenthood, the president's immigration orders, and implementation of the Iran deal."'

Further proof of the Anti-Freedom Caucus' ridiculous extremism and contempt for sound, responsible governance.

All of this is a waste of time, most of it are non-issues, and will never come to pass, and rightfully so – none of this nonsense will make it past the Senate.

Exactly.
He won't be in the top 3 when the primary vote comes around.
I think you are already looking at a Trump/Carson ticket. And you have what?

Exactly.
Trump already said he would choose Kasich.

Oh boo hoo we disagree with the lying filth establishment who have turned the country into a cesspool of depraved behavior and sunk us $18 trillion in debt. Who in their right mind wouldn't oppose that?

Exactly.

When?

Exactly.
Link idiot. You blew the last one. Here is your chance to be an idiot AGAIN.

In case you missed it, a strong and militant group of Republican members of Congress have pushed out their caucus leaders, paralyzed the House of Representatives, and can't seem to find anyone who is as right-wing as they are to be the next Speaker.

These guys -- and they are almost all guys; among 36 documented members, onlyone is a woman -- call themselves the Freedom Caucus. And with the exception ofone Latino from Idaho, the members of this invitation-only group are all white.

The ideology of the Freedom Caucus is far to the right and they want procedural commitments from any new Speaker that would allow them to effectively prevent any compromises with Democrats, and allow them to shut down the government when their extreme demands are not met.

An analysis in The Washington Post summarized the goals of the Freedom Caucus: to attain "explicit commitments from the next speaker to fully repeal Obamacare in a filibuster-proof bill, to make increases in the debt limit conditional on entitlement reform, to impeach the IRS commissioner, to forswear stop gap spending bills, and to defund Planned Parenthood, the president's immigration orders, and implementation of the Iran deal."

Moderate Republican Charlie Dent (Pa.) has been a leading critic of the Freedom Caucus because he still believes in bi-partisan governance.

"Whoever's going to be the next speaker should not appease this group of rejectionists, who have no interest in governing. They can simply not get to yes," said Dent.

"I don't think that any of our leaders should make accommodations to those who are going to make unreasonable demands."

I would also call them the "veto caucus." Their ultra-conservatism can't even win in the Republican-controlled House and Senate, much less in a general election, so they're trying to obstruct and delay anything they don't want to happen in the country. This means a minority of Republican House members can essentially veto democracy on a host of issues and prevent forward movement on things they don't like. And among the things they most dislike are the changing racial demographics of the new America we are becoming.

In the 36 districts represented by members of the Freedom Caucus, the population ranges from 61 percent white at the lowest, to 93 percent white at the highest. On average, across the 36 districts, the population is roughly 82 percent white. This is no coincidence: their districts have been deliberately gerrymandered to be heavily majority white districts and they vote -- or veto -- accordingly.

Here is the most tragic example of the veto caucus' power. The increasingly diverse immigration reform movement in America won over a majority of the country, a majority of Republicans, a majority of evangelicals, even a majority of white evangelicals. And it helped win a bi-partisan bill to reform our broken immigration system in the Senate. But a powerful, white, right-wing minority in Congress blocked immigration reform, leaving millions of people of color imprisoned and imperiled in a cruel system, prevented from ever becoming citizens.

So in addition to the rejectionist, veto caucus, I will also call these guys the "white-washed caucus." As white-washed elected officials from white-washed districts, they want to keep America white, or white-controlled, for as long as they possibly can. That means doing more racially motivated gerrymandering in congressional districts; engaging in the suppression of minority voters; blocking immigration reform; cutting virtually every program that benefits poor families and children of color; and undermining any progress toward racial and criminal justice.

"Basically, the party abandoned traditional conservatism for right-wing radicalism," says conservative columnist David Brooks, who refers to the group as the "Republican Incompetence Caucus."

Hearkening back to traditional definitions, Brooks explains that "conservatism stands for intellectual humility, a belief in steady, incremental change, a preference for reform rather than revolution, a respect for hierarchy, precedence, balance and order, and a tone of voice that is prudent, measured, and responsible."

The Republican House Wreckers Trying To Veto Democracy

Yes, sadly for America, the Republican Party has abandoned traditional conservatism for right-wing radicalism. It's pitiful to watch - and even more pitiful that America has to suffer during such dysfunction.
Fuck 'em. They'll be voted out soon enough.

I hope so, but some of them are dug in like ticks on a hound with their gerrymandering and voter suppression. These are some scary whacko white people. They are desperate to Make America White Again.
True some of them are invincible. But the most prominent ones end up embarrassing their district so badly once the national media catches on that they have no chance. They'll be voted out by the youth eventually.

Can we get an example of your wet dreams ?

Obama threatens to veto every bill passed by Congress he disapproves of. But offers no compromises. Obama is the terrorist of this government.

Exactly.
And then you got what Two Cubans and a fellow who folks are from India. And all the dems have are OLD DAMN OLD white people. I wonder if they are racists?
Well, they ARE the same party that gave us slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, Bob Byrd, and Lyndon Johnson.

In case you missed it, a strong and militant group of Republican members of Congress have pushed out their caucus leaders, paralyzed the House of Representatives, and can't seem to find anyone who is as right-wing as they are to be the next Speaker.

These guys -- and they are almost all guys; among 36 documented members, onlyone is a woman -- call themselves the Freedom Caucus. And with the exception ofone Latino from Idaho, the members of this invitation-only group are all white.

The ideology of the Freedom Caucus is far to the right and they want procedural commitments from any new Speaker that would allow them to effectively prevent any compromises with Democrats, and allow them to shut down the government when their extreme demands are not met.

An analysis in The Washington Post summarized the goals of the Freedom Caucus: to attain "explicit commitments from the next speaker to fully repeal Obamacare in a filibuster-proof bill, to make increases in the debt limit conditional on entitlement reform, to impeach the IRS commissioner, to forswear stop gap spending bills, and to defund Planned Parenthood, the president's immigration orders, and implementation of the Iran deal."

Moderate Republican Charlie Dent (Pa.) has been a leading critic of the Freedom Caucus because he still believes in bi-partisan governance.

"Whoever's going to be the next speaker should not appease this group of rejectionists, who have no interest in governing. They can simply not get to yes," said Dent.

"I don't think that any of our leaders should make accommodations to those who are going to make unreasonable demands."

I would also call them the "veto caucus." Their ultra-conservatism can't even win in the Republican-controlled House and Senate, much less in a general election, so they're trying to obstruct and delay anything they don't want to happen in the country. This means a minority of Republican House members can essentially veto democracy on a host of issues and prevent forward movement on things they don't like. And among the things they most dislike are the changing racial demographics of the new America we are becoming.

In the 36 districts represented by members of the Freedom Caucus, the population ranges from 61 percent white at the lowest, to 93 percent white at the highest. On average, across the 36 districts, the population is roughly 82 percent white. This is no coincidence: their districts have been deliberately gerrymandered to be heavily majority white districts and they vote -- or veto -- accordingly.

Here is the most tragic example of the veto caucus' power. The increasingly diverse immigration reform movement in America won over a majority of the country, a majority of Republicans, a majority of evangelicals, even a majority of white evangelicals. And it helped win a bi-partisan bill to reform our broken immigration system in the Senate. But a powerful, white, right-wing minority in Congress blocked immigration reform, leaving millions of people of color imprisoned and imperiled in a cruel system, prevented from ever becoming citizens.

So in addition to the rejectionist, veto caucus, I will also call these guys the "white-washed caucus." As white-washed elected officials from white-washed districts, they want to keep America white, or white-controlled, for as long as they possibly can. That means doing more racially motivated gerrymandering in congressional districts; engaging in the suppression of minority voters; blocking immigration reform; cutting virtually every program that benefits poor families and children of color; and undermining any progress toward racial and criminal justice.

"Basically, the party abandoned traditional conservatism for right-wing radicalism," says conservative columnist David Brooks, who refers to the group as the "Republican Incompetence Caucus."

Hearkening back to traditional definitions, Brooks explains that "conservatism stands for intellectual humility, a belief in steady, incremental change, a preference for reform rather than revolution, a respect for hierarchy, precedence, balance and order, and a tone of voice that is prudent, measured, and responsible."

Yes, sadly for America, the Republican Party has abandoned traditional conservatism for right-wing radicalism. It's pitiful to watch - and even more pitiful that America has to suffer during such dysfunction.

I know it's hard for a drone like you to understand but the members of the House Freedom Caucus are doing WHAT THEY WERE ELECTED FOR!!!!

The are honestly representing their constituents and NOT worrying about getting re-elected like the others!

Good for them and just perhaps they will find and elect a Speaker who will ACT and let the House debate and amend bills.

Good.

There's a lot of stuff needs stopping.

You mean like government and all social programs?

What we currently have is not government, but totalitarian control, and yes, any social programs not specifically targeted to American citizens should be halted immediately.

The rest we can decide based upon actual need and benefit to the nation.

Gee, our black president sure brought you peckerwoods out of the woodwork. Where were you during the white Bush Administration?

Saying exactly the same things about social programs..

The Left did it with the Democrat Party, we're deStarkifying the Republican Party.

WHO are you? Your nuttiness seems to know no bounds.

Let's consider the Freedom Causus's "radical" ideas: Stop going into debt and start living within our means; defund an organization that has been caught selling human body parts and whose execs spend lavish amounts of money on chartered jets and first-class air travel while screaming for more tax dollars; stop the Iranians from getting $150 billion in sanctions relief so they can't use that money for terrorism; repeal the disaster of Obamacare and let people get health plans to suit their budgets and let insurance companies offer those plans; return to the constitutional budget process and end the stop-gap funding and CR game.

Wow! Those are such "radical" ideas. I mean, how dare the Freedom Caucus want to end deficit spending and start paying down the debt instead of continuing to do deeper and deeper into debt. How dare they want to stop shoveling half a billion dollars to an organization that for years has been falsely claiming to provide mammograms, that's been spending lavish sums of money on chartered jets and exec bonuses while whining that it needs more tax dollars. How dare they want to prevent the world's biggest state sponsor of terrorism from getting its hands on $150 billion. How dare they want to end the disaster of Obamacare and let people choose insurance plans that meet their needs and budgets.

Gosh, shame on those Republicans!

Last edited:
I actually think all of this is a good thing as it just might well shake up the GOP establishment to make it do what the PEOPLE want and not lobbyists.

Just bumping a thread where I predicted Ben Carson had zero chance of finishing in the top 3 for the GOP nomination and faced a lot of opposition from RWNJ's. Anyone want to continue that opposition now after the 3rd debate?

What is an RWNJ?

Just bumping a thread where I predicted Ben Carson had zero chance of finishing in the top 3 for the GOP nomination and faced a lot of opposition from RWNJ's. Anyone want to continue that opposition now after the 3rd debate?

What is an RWNJ?
A right wing nut job. Look in the mirror. It'll help you understand.

Forum List

Back