The Republican ignorance on abortion

Let's talk root cause.....It's pretty darn easy for a woman not to get pregnant. That's a "woman's right to choose" too.....How about choosing not to be a dumbass and get knocked-up?

Aside from keeping their legs closed birth control pills are generally free, condoms are widely available, shots and implanted devices abound. All have a pretty good efficiency rate and many are free for the 'poor" through planned parenthood or other outlets like their local health dept.

Is it that many women are just too fuckin' lazy to take precautions to prevent a pregnancy and instead use abortion as birth control?

I mean is it that they just having sex so many times a day that it just statistically happens that they get pregnant? :dunno:

Oh I know some will go on about "incest and rape" but do you think that even meets the 1% threshold?

Go fuck yourself you misogynist asshole.

When you can get pregnant, you can have an opinion, Until then, your ignorance, lies and your hate is just bullshit.

Why don't Y0U just keep it in your pants and then Y0U won't have a problem.

Does it not seem that the Republicans just don't to win elections. Maybe they enjoy the campaigning and mud slinging more than actually governing. Their stance on abortion sure seems to bear that out.
I could definitely be wrong about this, but here's my guess: On any given issue, but particularly this one and the "rigged election" lie, they seem to talk themselves and each other into believing that they have a clear majority of the country behind them, no matter what they do.

This is because, of course, they only believe what they're told by their in-house media, and actively avoid any accurate representation of the opinions and positions of others.

So it's very possible they think, in their world, that a complete ban on abortion (including pills) is an electoral winner for them.

Last edited:
You should be aware that most abortions are now carried out with the use of drugs.
Of course Republicans want to stop that as well.
Yes, decent folks absolutely do want to stop the use and distribution of weapons that exclusively murder the innocent.

I could definitely be wrong about this, but here's my guess: On any given issue, but particularly this one and the "rigged election" lie, they seem to talk themselves and each other into believing that they have a clear majority of the country behind them, no matter what they do.

This is because, of course, they only believe what they're told by their in-house media, and actively avoid any accurate representation of the opinions and positions of others.

So it's very possible they think, in their world, that a complete ban on abortion (including pills) is an electoral winner for them.

A lot of their thinking is that women don't really care about this issue at all because they don't think about it. Even Republican women who identify as "anti-abortion" are "pro-choice". They would never have an abortion, but they would never stop someone from having one.

Even the idea that evangelicals are monolithically opposed to abortion is a fallacy. 13% of the women getting an abortion identify as evangelical Christians. It was reported that one of the Duggar daughters (18 Kids and Counting), had an abortion recently. She had complications with her pregnancy and had a D&C. That's a surgical abortion.

Republican men don't have the first clue about birthing babies. They think preventing pregnancy is easy, and being pregnant is no big deal. Having a baby is what women were meant to do. Being pregnant was physically most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. In 1800, fully 10% of pregnant women died in childbirth. Modern medicine has reduced the death toll, but the complications which lead to those deaths still happen, it's just that surgery and medication can mitigate some of those risks.

And your body is never the same afterwards. Pregnancy is an assault on your internal organs, leading to bladder control issues, back problems, and all kinds of issues in the uterus, and fallopian tubes. Then there's the miscarriages.

I'm grateful my daughters and grandaughters, and great granddaughter are growing up in a nation where women's health care isn't being dictated by a bunch of right wing religious zealots who think women are evil. The Supreme Court of Canada struck down the abortion laws in 1989 (thank you Dr. Henry Morganthaler), and the Conservative Government's attempt to pass new legislation was met with staunch resistance by women across Canada.

In Canada, abortion is a matter between a woman and her doctor, as it should be. Abortions are free to women who need them. Access is a problem, but we're working on that. Not all doctors or hospitals will perform them. That's their choice as well.

But we also have paid maternity leave and job security for pregnant women. Child tax benefits of up to $500 per month, per child. Subsidized day care. And an abortion rate that is half that of the USA.

Last edited:
Even Republican women who identify as "anti-abortion" are "pro-choice".
No.

It was reported that one of the Duggar daughters (18 Kids and Counting), had an abortion recently.
The kid was dead. Our objection to abortion is that it kills an innocent human being and should be criminal murder. You can’t kill the dead.

This was blatant dishonesty from shitbags on social media.

They think preventing pregnancy is easy
It’s very easy.

and being pregnant is no big deal
It really isn’t. Complications can be big deals but they’re relatively rare, and the solution to them isn’t going to be *kill the kid*.
I'm grateful my daughters and grandaughters, and great granddaughter are growing up in a nation where women's health care isn't being dictated by a bunch of right wing religious zealots who think women are evil.
Women aren’t all evil.

You certainly are. And hiring someone to kill your own kid will always be evil and will never be “healthcare.”

Last edited:
A lot of their thinking is that women don't really care about this issue at all because they don't think about it. Even Republican women who identify as "anti-abortion" are "pro-choice". They would never have an abortion, but they would never stop someone from having one.

Even the idea that evangelicals are monolithically opposed to abortion is a fallacy. 13% of the women getting an abortion identify as evangelical Christians. It was reported that one of the Duggar daughters (18 Kids and Counting), had an abortion recently. She had complications with her pregnancy and had a D&C. That's a surgical abortion.

Republican men don't have the first clue about birthing babies. They think preventing pregnancy is easy, and being pregnant is no big deal. Having a baby is what women were meant to do. Being pregnant was physically most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. In 1800, fully 10% of pregnant women died in childbirth. Modern medicine has reduced the death toll, but the complications which lead to those deaths still happen, it's just that surgery and medication can mitigate some of those risks.

And your body is never the same afterwards. Pregnancy is an assault on your internal organs, leading to bladder control issues, back problems, and all kinds of issues in the uterus, and fallopian tubes. Then there's the miscarriages.

I'm grateful my daughters and grandaughters, and great granddaughter are growing up in a nation where women's health care isn't being dictated by a bunch of right wing religious zealots who think women are evil.
I'm not even sure how many of them actually give two shits about the issue at all. Sure, some of them are real, actual, devout Christians and this is a strict religious matter for them. I can respect that, in that specific context.

But for the hyper-partisan zealots, the jihadis, the type you see here? I think it's primarily just political, tribal, hate and beat-the-other-side. Spite.

No.

The kid was dead. Our objection to abortion is that it kills an innocent human being and should be criminal murder. You can’t kill the dead.

This was blatant dishonesty from shitbags on social media.

It’s very easy.

It really isn’t.

Women aren’t all evil.

You certainly are. And hiring someone to kill your own kid will always be evil and will never be “healthcare.”
It has gotten so bad that even in cases where the fetus is dead or soon to be dead...doctors are afraid to perform the procedure because of the laws recently enacted

I'm not even sure how many of them actually give two shits about the issue at all. Sure, some of them are real, actual, devout Christians and this is a strict religious matter for them. I can respect that, in that specific context.

But for the hyper-partisan zealots, the jihadis, the type you see here? I think it's primarily just political, tribal, hate and beat-the-other-side. Spite.

There is a huge amount of misogyny behind the anti-abortion movement. Just look at post #52, or any post this revolting incel makes on the topic. His hatred of women just oozes out in every post.

Every time there is a discussion around abortion, these asshole will say "If she just kept her legs closed". There is this right wing myth that the women getting abortions are "party girls" getting rid of the results of their promiscuous behaviour. Their objection to abortion is that it makes promiscuity "easy" and they need to take "responsibility for their actions".

60% of the women getting abortions are married or in a committed relationships, and they already have one or more children. 75% of them financial reasons for the abortion. Women aren't getting rid of the fruits of a wanton lifestyle. They're aborting babies they cannot afford to bear or raise, because they're poor.

Just read Carsomy's response to "Republican men think pregnancy is no big deal":

"It really isn’t. Complications can be big deals but they’re relatively rare, and the solution to them isn’t going to be *kill the kid*."

1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. 1 in every 4 women wiill have an abortion befre her 40th birthday. That means that complications are VERY common. The very necessary abortions aren't "killing the kids". The pregnancy will end with the death of the fetus in any case. The necessary abortions will save the mother, and ensure she can still have children. Sending her home to have her miscarriage in a toilet is cruelty.

Both of my miscarriages happened in hospitals, where I had proper care. I was able to recover and in both cases, I was pregnant again, before the due date of the baby I had lost. I wasn't traumatized by being denied care, or sent home until I was dying from sepsis.

It has gotten so bad that even in cases where the fetus is dead or soon to be dead...doctors are afraid to perform the procedure because of the laws recently enacted

The case of the Texas woman with the ectopic pregnancy, who nearly died because they couldn't operate until the fetal heart stopped beating was horrific. Her tube had burst, and she was bleeding out, and they still wouldn't operate. She was so messed up by the damage done that she is unable to have children now.

Another woman was forced to carry a fetus to term which was not viable. So she went through the pregnancy and delivery, knowing the child would be dead within hours of birth.

But listening to that woman who had her miscarriage in a toilet after being sent home and told "We're sorry we can't help you". She hemorrhaged so badly, that she nearly died before they could get her to hospital. I was crying.

Whether it is popular or not, the position that absolutely opposes the unjustifiable murder of innocents is always the right position, and a position that wants such murder to be allowed is always wrong.

Forum List

Back