The Republican ignorance on abortion

Does it not seem that the Republicans just don't to win elections. Maybe they enjoy the campaigning and mud slinging more than actually governing. Their stance on abortion sure seems to bear that out.

By a large majority, Americans do not support legislation restriction a woman's right to choose. Why haven't Republicans got the message? They continue to support the phony pro-life indicted Donald Trump who demonstrated his total disregard for women by appointing anti-abortion judges. Look at hard core conservative Kansas who failed to pass a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion.

Look at "Don't say gay" Ron DeSantis, widely loved by Republicans and viewed as a successor to Donald Trump. Last night he slinks back into Florida from a campaign trip and signs a bill into law that further restricts already restricted abortion access in Florida. And, he did it in the dark of night behind closed doors.

Well, thank goodness the Republicans learned nothing from their 2022 election failures and seem hell bent on losing bigly to Democrats in 2024.

President biden could do no better if he wanted to.

Until Republicans get voted out of office in state after state, they will continue. It fires up their political base.

So it is your opinion that cold-blooded murder of an innocent victim is just fine?

Well, I guess you've already made that quite clear.

It's not murder. The "victim" depends on another live person for its existence. Last time I checked a live person can't be forced by the government to keep another living thing alive.

Even at under sixteen weeks, it is still the murder of an innocent human being. There is something very, very, very wrong with anyone who thinks that that is acceptable.

Murder is murder, completely regardless of the age of the victim.

Being pro-life to me is being pro-life. While I do not disagree with you I can not understand why we don't get upset at the thousands and thousands of innocent lives our bombs take year in and year out.

It's not murder. The "victim" depends on another live person for its existence. Last time I checked a live person can't be forced by the government to keep another living thing alive.

The innocent victim of abortion is a live person, a live human being, up until he is killed.

Certainly more human than any soulless monster that would argue for the “right” to murder him in cold blood.

Being pro-life to me is being pro-life. While I do not disagree with you I can not understand why we don't get upset at the thousands and thousands of innocent lives our bombs take year in and year out.
Abortion is domestic. Over one million a year. The legality of it has caused that amount to be had through behavior issues. It could be less.

Abortion is domestic. Over one million a year. The legality of it has caused that amount to be had through behavior issues. It could be less.

It could be. Just the same as the number of innocent lives we take all around the world.

So it is your opinion that cold-blooded murder of an innocent victim is just fine?

Well, I guess you've already made that quite clear.

You've made it perfectly clear that you have no knowledge of biology or women's health issues.

Why are you OK with refusing health care to women who are pregant??? Why is it OK to kill women?

D1477606-A7C1-4F5C-B195-5FF8B657FEE0.jpeg

That's a completely other issue. There are many things that happen in the world, which result in tragic deaths and other harm.

Pointing at one is no excuse at all for openly defending another, especially then the one that you are defending is completely unnecessary and completely unjustifiable.

And, on top of that, the savage and evil practice of abortion is the cause of far more deaths of far more innocent human beings, than all other preventable causes combined. There is something very deeply wrong with any soulless creature that can even think of trying to defend this practice.

You've made it perfectly clear that you have no knowledge of biology or women's health issues.
Why are you OK with refusing health care to women who are pregant??? Why is it OK to kill women?

Says a fucked-up mental case that believes that a man can be a woman.

And murder is not health care, no matter how you lying pieces of murderous shit try to spin it as such.

It could be. Just the same as the number of innocent lives we take all around the world.
Let's come home then. End the wars. It took a short time after Russia invaded Ukraine for many of the politicians of the major parties to hug and kiss each other as they jetted to Ukraine to genuflect to Zelensky. With the lies we are constantly told, and the proof from the leaker that Ukraine was not winning the war as we have 120 billion dollars invested if you can call it that and Americans on the ground there. If the reporters did their work, we would have known about this. Instead, they were spewing anti Putin and anti-Russia diatribe every day and that Ukraine was kicking the shit out of Russia. All of the impoverishment and refugees over nothing. Well maybe the corruption of illegal bio research and money laundering is suspected among other things.

The innocent victim of abortion is a live person, a live human being, up until he is killed.

I've always agreed that a fetus is a living thing, but there are two points here:

One counter is that while a fetus is alive, it's highly debatable about how sentient that living human is, depending upon which period on the timeline of a pregnancy we're talking about. In the first 12-16 weeks of life, the child is probably not aware of itself. Its nervous system hasn't fully developed yet. Beyond that point, I think restrictions are reasonable.

But the other counter is what I posted previously. Abortion involves not just one humans but two, and that includes the mother. As I said before, few people - even conservatives - would argue that the state should have the power to force person A to give up his or her body for person B's benefit. The government can't just demand that you give your kidney, heart, or liver to me if I need a transplant.

That's a completely other issue. There are many things that happen in the world, which result in tragic deaths and other harm.

It was pointed out earlier that many who consider themselves pro-life, really are not. They are little more than political hustlers.

Are you saying those 7 young lives are less worthy?

Pointing at one is no excuse at all for openly defending another, especially then the one that you are defending is completely unnecessary and completely unjustifiable.

I didn't defend the other did I? You are doing that, not me.

And, on top of that, the savage and evil practice of abortion is the cause of far more deaths of far more innocent human beings, than all other preventable causes combined. There is something very deeply wrong with any soulless creature that can even think of trying to defend this practice.

Are they all worthy of protection or not?

Let's come home then. End the wars. It took a short time after Russia invaded Ukraine for many of the politicians of the major parties to hug and kiss each other as they jetted to Ukraine to genuflect to Zelensky. With the lies we are constantly told, and the proof from the leaker that Ukraine was not winning the war as we have 120 billion dollars invested if you can call it that and Americans on the ground there. If the reporters did their work, we would have known about this. Instead, they were spewing anti Putin and anti-Russia diatribe every day and that Ukraine was kicking the shit out of Russia. All of the impoverishment and refugees over nothing. Well maybe the corruption of illegal bio research and money laundering is suspected among other things.

I agree other than the fact we never should have went to start with. Many proclaim that lives are worthy of protection but that all ends when it comes to looking after corporate profits.

Are you saying those 7 young lives are less worthy?

No, not at all.

But the tragic circumstances that led to those deaths are not any excuse for a much larger number of completely unrelated murders. You apparently are not in a position to grasp just how morally fucked-up you have to be, to even try to make that argument.

Forum List

Back