The Republican War On Women

Obama's war on women

The Great Recession has left behind the largest number of long-term unemployed people since records were first
kept in 1948.

Large numbers of Americans are already poor. The official federal measure of poverty and a new “Supplemental
Measure,” which accounts for several shortcomings in the official measure, both reveal a sobering fact: poverty in America
is remarkably widespread. In 2010, about 46.2 million Americans were living in poverty according to the official measure,
or about 15.1% of the U.S. population. The rate of poverty is slightly larger (16%) using the supplemental measure.

The number of people living in poverty is increasing and is expected to increase further, despite the recovery. The
proportion of people living in poverty has increased by 27% between the year before the onset of the Great Recession (2006)
and 2010. During the same period (2006-2010), the total population of the United States grew by less than 3.3%. The official
national estimates of people in poverty have risen each year since 2006: 36.5 million (2006), 37.3 million (2007), 39.8
million (2008), 43.6 million (2009), and 46.2 million (2010). Poverty is expected to increase again in 2011 due to the slow
pace of the economic recovery, the persistently high rate of unemployment, and the long duration of spells of unemployment.

The recent increase in the rate of poverty has not been uniform across subgroups. The increase in poverty since 2006
has been greater among Hispanics and African Americans than among Whites, greater among children than among the
elderly, and greater among female-headed households than other households. More surprising, however, is the growth in
poverty among working-age adults, especially younger people between the ages of 18 and 34.

....​

That's funny. Actually, the title to your link is At Risk: America’s Poor During and After the Great Recession
I know. Your point?

What is happening in Miss. is awakening a lot of women.

Republicans want to turn back the clock to 1850.

Obama's war on women

The Great Recession has left behind the largest number of long-term unemployed people since records were first
kept in 1948.

Large numbers of Americans are already poor. The official federal measure of poverty and a new “Supplemental
Measure,” which accounts for several shortcomings in the official measure, both reveal a sobering fact: poverty in America
is remarkably widespread. In 2010, about 46.2 million Americans were living in poverty according to the official measure,
or about 15.1% of the U.S. population. The rate of poverty is slightly larger (16%) using the supplemental measure.

The number of people living in poverty is increasing and is expected to increase further, despite the recovery. The
proportion of people living in poverty has increased by 27% between the year before the onset of the Great Recession (2006)
and 2010. During the same period (2006-2010), the total population of the United States grew by less than 3.3%. The official
national estimates of people in poverty have risen each year since 2006: 36.5 million (2006), 37.3 million (2007), 39.8
million (2008), 43.6 million (2009), and 46.2 million (2010). Poverty is expected to increase again in 2011 due to the slow
pace of the economic recovery, the persistently high rate of unemployment, and the long duration of spells of unemployment.

The recent increase in the rate of poverty has not been uniform across subgroups. The increase in poverty since 2006
has been greater among Hispanics and African Americans than among Whites, greater among children than among the
elderly, and greater among female-headed households than other households. More surprising, however, is the growth in
poverty among working-age adults, especially younger people between the ages of 18 and 34.

....​

That's funny. Actually, the title to your link is At Risk: America’s Poor During and After the Great Recession
I know. Your point?

My point is your fictitious title: Obama's war on women

Have you no honor or integrity whatsoever?

Women will tell us in November if they thought there was a Republican war on women. Not all women are brain-dead Stepford wives. Many can think for themselves...

So there is a war on blacks because 90%of them will vote for who looks like them.
You are just a tad prejudiced there.

I know. Your point?

Speaking of integrity.....what kind of integrity does it take to make up all sorts of deflections because they party can't run on its own record?

I know. Your point?

The TITLE of the article is there at the link, moron. I didn't give it ANY title; I linked to it and gave the LINK a name. But, perhaps my assumption that folks will actually click on a link when provided is expecting too much.

Regardless, if there is any "war on women", Obama is on the front line of the offensive.

Last edited:
Obama's war on women

kept in 1948.

....​

Sobering numbers, but if I were grading your post I'm afraid an incomplete would be the most appropraite grade. Missing are your ideas for a solution to what has become a chronic problem as well as how you attribute this problem to Obama.

Last edited:
Caution: the surgeon general has determined that Obamanomics may be hazardous to your wealth

Wait! Freddo thinks he's grading posts?!

OMFG!!!

That's hysterical!

See why I can never put anyone on ignore

Obama's war on women

kept in 1948.

....​

Sobering numbers, but if I were grading your post I'm afraid an incomplete would be the most appropraite grade. Missing are your ideas for a solution to what has become a chronic problem as well as how you attribute this problem to Obama.
My solution? Yes, more taxes (temporarily), less tax cuts (for the moment), but MOST OF ALL, cut spending. Without mercy.

Let the economy stop bleeding. Give it a chance to recover, don't make it worse; then the jobs will follow. And, those numbers will not be as sobering.

We are KILLING this country and her People.

OMFG!!!

That's hysterical!

"F", as usual you fail to offer anything of substance (do you ever wonder why I keep suggesting you're stupid?).

It seems CrusaderFrank continues to stalk me and hopes to derail any post - from me and others - which question the dogma he embraces with such passion. Dumb people do that. Sad.

Last edited:
Women will tell us in November if they thought there was a Republican war on women. Not all women are brain-dead Stepford wives. Many can think for themselves...

So there is a war on blacks because 90%of them will vote for who looks like them.
You are just a tad prejudiced there.

Jimmy Carter looks like a black person? Ronald Reagan? Clinton, both Bushes?
I never noticed!

OMFG!!!

That's hysterical!

"F", as usual you fail to offer anything of substance (do you ever wonder why I keep suggesting you're stupid?).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2V-D-Xdq8]Hooooooo... Can't breathe!! Hysterical laughter - YouTube[/ame]

You're grading me?

Obama's war on women

kept in 1948.

....​

My solution? Yes, more taxes (temporarily), less tax cuts (for the moment), but MOST OF ALL, cut spending. Without mercy.

Let the economy stop bleeding. Give it a chance to recover, don't make it worse; then the jobs will follow. And, those numbers will not be as sobering.

We are KILLING this country and her People.

Thanks. I'll respond in a moment. Give CF time to muddle the debate with another volley of idiotgrams.

Si Modo wrote:

"My solution? Yes, more taxes (temporarily), less tax cuts (for the moment), but MOST OF ALL, cut spending. Without mercy.

Are you serious ("Without mercy")?

Too generic, I'll offer a realistic plan for recovery.

I'm less worried about the growing deficit than I am about the on going suffering. The wealthy investor class is not suffering and do not need tax cuts. If they actually are the job creators, as we are constantly told, why haven't they created jobs? Their taxes were cut twice, in 2001 and in 2003.

We are told their success will trickle down and benefit all of us. Yet, the tickle, if it ever existed, has stopped. Much of the wealth held by corporations and the wealthiest of our people are held off shore. Money no longer circulating in our country is circulating somewhere, I'd like to know where and who is benefiting.

The best way to get our economy going again is to put people back to work. If the private sector cannot grow fast enough the public sector must. Ford signed the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act during our last great recession, one which may have been worse since inflation and a slowed economy necessitated a new word to describe it: Stagflation.

The problem cannot be solved as long as Eric Cantor & his minions control the House of Representatives, they continue to demagogue issues and refuse to act in the best interest of our nation and our nations people.

Si Modo wrote:

"My solution? Yes, more taxes (temporarily), less tax cuts (for the moment), but MOST OF ALL, cut spending. Without mercy.

I'm less worried about the growing deficit than I am about the on going suffering. The wealthy investor class is not suffering and do not need tax cuts. If they actually are the job creators, as we are constantly told, why haven't they created jobs? Their taxes were cut twice, in 2001 and in 2003.

We are told their success will trickle down and benefit all of us. Yet, the tickle, if it ever existed, has stopped. Much of the wealth held by corporations and the wealthiest of our people are held off shore. Money no longer circulating in our country is circulating somewhere, I'd like to know where and who is benefiting.

The best way to get our economy going again is to put people back to work. If the private sector cannot grow fast enough the public sector must. Ford signed the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act during our last great recession, one which may have been worse since inflation and a slowed economy necessitated a new word to describe it: Stagflation.

The problem cannot be solved as long as Eric Cantor & his minions control the House of Representatives, they continue to demagogue issues and refuse to act in the best interest of our nation and our nations people.

It's like they are Santa Claus, and Christmas never, ever comes.

And for that matter? There's no Santa Claus. They are NOT job creators, they aren't doing SHIT for the economy, and I can't believe they have minions.

It does get old.

Si Modo wrote:

If you don't worry about the economy, the economic welfare of the people is not going to improve.

I can't believe I actually had to type that.

Si Modo wrote:

If you don't worry about the economy, the economic welfare of the people is not going to improve.

I can't believe I actually had to type that.

The leftist is not a free market kind of person. If he or she was, he or she would not be leftist. The leftist really does believe that more government action and intervention is the solution to human suffering. And they can't wrap their minds around the fact that the less government there is, and the more free enterprise creating a healthy economy, the less human suffering there will be.

Two new national polls show President Obama leading Republican challenger Mitt Romney, with one of the surveys offering an explanation: the marriage gap.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll gives Obama the edge over Romney, 49 percent to 43 percent, while a Quinnipiac University poll puts the president’s advantage at 46 percent to 43 percent.

The Quinnipiac survey shows married voters prefer Romney, 51 percent to 38 percent. But unmarried voters favor the president by 20 points, and single women support Obama 2-1 over Romney.

Unmarried voters propel President Obama to slim lead over Mitt Romney, poll shows - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Which demographic is more likely to vote in November - single women or married women?

married women go to the polls with their husbands.
SIngle women who are career minded, will not vote in the same percentage.

Forum List

Back