"the right of the people peaceably to assemble"

You don't feel that that Alt-Rightie running his car into the crowd was an act of terror?
If a crazed mob is blocking the street, and I fear for my safety, or the safety of my family, then you, as a rioter, have no rights.

So it depends on the circumstances. I'm willing to wait for the courts to decide.

You don't feel that that Alt-Rightie running his car into the crowd was an act of terror?
If a crazed mob is blocking the street, and I fear for my safety, or the safety of my family, then you, as a rioter, have no rights.

So it depends on the circumstances. I'm willing to wait for the courts to decide.
Deliberately driving into a crowd is not a defense of rights. It's simply assault with a deadly weapon.

This weekend, he declined to directly condemn the White Supremacists for their acts of terror.
What ACTS (or act) of terror was that?
Like the terrorist attacks in Nice and London, a terrorist used a vehicle to kill.

all those guns there, and the only death was a hit and run?

Scary
Excuse-making.

It appears many missed the Nazi insignia; when American conservative Orrin Hatch condemns the Fascists (I do not like "alt right", these violent groups are beyond our usual labels) that indicates TERRORISTS.

Last edited:
This weekend, he declined to directly condemn the White Supremacists for their acts of terror.
Like the terrorist attacks in Nice and London, a terrorist used a vehicle to kill.
Killing someone with a car automatically means its an act of terror? Shit, people die in car accidents every day, so i guess we have rampant terrorism in the US.
Man! You will,go to any length to dismiss this act of terror! What about the attacks in Nice or London? Were those acts of terror, or just careless driving?

Realize this. The Alt-Right and Islamic terrorists have more than tactics in common.

Killing someone with a car automatically means its an act of terror? Shit, people die in car accidents every day, so i guess we have rampant terrorism in the US.
Man! You will,go to any length to dismiss this act of terror! What about the attacks in Nice or London? Were those acts of terror, or just careless driving?

Realize this. The Alt-Right and Islamic terrorists have more than tactics in common.
Define terrorism. Lets see if it applies to this situation.

An act of violence against civilians in order to support a political agenda.

Is that the reason he hit those people? To further a political agenda?...or did he get hit in the head with a stick, thereby becoming enraged and making a spur of the moment decision to drive his car into the crowd?

It seems to me that we dont yet have the information required to make such a determination. Wouldnt you agree?

Is that the reason he hit those people? To further a political agenda?...or did he get hit in the head with a stick, thereby becoming enraged and making a spur of the moment decision to drive his car into the crowd?

It seems to me that we dont yet have the information required to make such a determination. Wouldnt you agree?

NO. He was carring a Nazi shield, and has a website devoted to his hero, Hitler. It appears you cannot conclude the sun is shining by the light.

If you can demonstrate self defense in this case, take the bar exam in your state and get rich.

If you can demonstrate self defense in this case, take the bar exam in your state and get rich.
Who said anything about self defense? Where is your proof that he hit those people to further a political agenda? How do you know he wasnt just pissed off and drunk and made a terrible decision in the heat of the moment?

Who said anything about self defense? Where is your proof that he hit those people to further a political agenda? How do you know he wasnt just pissed off and drunk and made a terrible decision in the heat of the moment?
If you keep,walking your position back, you will inevitably stumble.

You said he got hit in the head by a stick. Now he was just another pissed off drunken redneck.

How far will you go to keep the taint of violent terrorism off of your politics? I suspect in your next post, he was trying to put the car in PARK and just hit the gas by mistake.

The "blame" for this clusterfuck goes to anyone who participated in physical violence. Doesn't matter, to me, at least, who started what.. Each and every person there had a choice to respond with violence or not...except the victims...that choice was robbed from them.
I also blame the media for it never ending race baiting by calling them white supremists, nazis, separatists, KKK, etc etc, perpetually and the politicians who shut it down before it began. Notice the pols and media NEVER do this when blacks are rioting looting and burning a city.
So...they should not be called what they call themselves?

If you keep,walking your position back, you will inevitably stumble.

You said he got hit in the head by a stick. Now he was just another pissed off drunken redneck.

How far will you go to keep the taint of violent terrorism off of your politics? I suspect in your next post, he was trying to put the car in PARK and just hit the gas by mistake.
No i didnt. I said "how do you know thats not what happened"? How do you know it was to further a political agenda? The answer is... you dont know. None of us do, therefore, why would anyone be foolish enough to label this an act of terrorism without knowing any of the specifics?

all those guns there, and the only death was a hit and run?

Scary
As if you can dismiss sparks around a powder keg and there was no explosion. Sparks are then deemed safe around powder kegs?

sparks?

again...

all those guns, and the only death was a hit and run.
How can carrying weapons to a protest be seen as "peaceable assembly"?

State law states they are allowed to do so.

Argue with the state

How can carrying weapons to a protest be seen as "peaceable assembly"?
SELF DEFENSE. They understand that the Left does not believe in THEIR right to protest. They brag about showing up and starting shit whenever they protest. The Left ALWAYS promises to meet them with VIOLENCE. It is always wise to be prepared when you are THREATENED, exercising your own CONSTITUTIONAL rights.

The first amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees:

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble"

When watching the videos of yesterday's protest and counter protest, a large number of the people at the protest were armed - many had helmets and shields as well as various weapons ranging from clubs to pepper spray to guns.

It's apparent that these people were at best anticipating violence, and may have intended to incite violence.
The Constitution does NOT have a right to violent protest. It does note cite a right to gather as an armed mob.

The violence at yesterdays protest would probably have been a whole lot less if no one on either side had weapons of any type, and if they did not any protective gear.

Even wearing protective gear shows that they are anticipating violence. Anyone who foes to a protest while anticipating violence has no right to go to that protest.

It seems that protest groups go far beyond their Constitutional right - if they intend to incite violence or even anticipate violence, they are no longer within their Constitutional rights.

In the future, if anyone shows up at a protest or counter protest with weapons or protective gear, they should immediately be arrested. If a sizable number have weapons or protective gear, the police should use whatever means necessary to end the protest!

They were anticipating violence because they've been watching the news these past years and they know that liberal groups love violence and destruction. The militant left has made it their goal to stop all those who disagree with them from getting together in protest or even speaking in public. Would you rather they got the shit beat out of them while not wearing protective gear?

excuse-making

Forum List

Back