The Right To Bear Arms

I don't know what everyone is talking about anyway...it's clear what the founders meant by the right to bear arms:

Family-Guy-Right-to-Bear-Arms-2x9ni3mah2v82rjlik696o.jpg

The first time I saw the love affair some have with guns was my first day in basic training. As we entered the barracks the guns were in locked racks on walls, ands It seemed about half the recruits made for the guns. They didn't seem to fondle the guns but they sure seemed an attraction to many.

The first time I saw the love affair some have with guns was my first day in basic training. As we entered the barracks the guns were in locked racks on walls, ands It seemed about half the recruits made for the guns. They didn't seem to fondle the guns but they sure seemed an attraction to many.

Ammosexuals.

No, I want to be able to shoot the jack booted thugs when they enter my home trying to confiscate my weapons. Its you libtards that want to shoot cops.

Cops are jack-booted thugs who enter homes wanting to confiscate weapons.

Sounds like you have a fantasy that you want to be able to kill cops.

Sounds like mental illness to me (paranoia).

Sounds like you're one of the crazy people who shouldn't get a gun.

My opinion about guns is better because the stats are on my side, less access to guns less fatalities it's very simple. Since your son traveled the world tell him if he ever felt the need to own a gun overseas, and get back to me. This country is deep to its knees in violence you guys who grew up here are numb to the violence and dead bodies, be it kids or adults you got used to it. We the ones who lived in safer countries, tell you it can be achievable by simple banning guns.....and i'm very confident one day it'll be a reality and the US will taste the safety like other countries.

I can get stats that are on “my side”.

My son doesn’t own a gun because he feels a need to own a gun, he likes to go to the firing range and send a few off. As far safety, I’ll ask him if he feels safer here or in other countries, my guess is he will say he feels safe most anywhere.

So he doesn't feel a need to own one but he owns one?....just pray that one day he doesn't go nuts and use it against himself or a loved one. Because stats are here to support that gun owners are most likely to get hurt with their own or hurt someone within the household.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Packing heat may backfire. People who carry guns are far likelier to get shot – and killed – than those who are unarmed, a study of shooting victims in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has found.

It would be impractical – not to say unethical – to randomly assign volunteers to carry a gun or not and see what happens. So Charles Branas‘s team at the University of Pennsylvania analysed 677 shootings over two-and-a-half years to discover whether victims were carrying at the time, and compared them to other Philly residents of similar age, sex and ethnicity. The team also accounted for other potentially confounding differences, such as the socioeconomic status of their neighbourhood.

Despite the US having the highest rate of firearms-related homicide in the industrialised world, the relationship between gun culture and violence is poorly understood. A recent study found that treating violence like an infectious disease led to a dramatic fall in shootings and killings.

Overall, Branas’s study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed
What a bunch of BULLSHIT!!!

At least I will go down shooting, and not cowering in the corner. At least I get to shoot back.

I'll take the "risk" of being armed.
:auiqs.jpg:
Ok Rambo.

My opinion about guns is better because the stats are on my side, less access to guns less fatalities it's very simple. Since your son traveled the world tell him if he ever felt the need to own a gun overseas, and get back to me. This country is deep to its knees in violence you guys who grew up here are numb to the violence and dead bodies, be it kids or adults you got used to it. We the ones who lived in safer countries, tell you it can be achievable by simple banning guns.....and i'm very confident one day it'll be a reality and the US will taste the safety like other countries.

My son doesn’t own a gun because he feels a need to own a gun, he likes to go to the firing range and send a few off. As far safety, I’ll ask him if he feels safer here or in other countries, my guess is he will say he feels safe most anywhere.

So he doesn't feel a need to own one but he owns one?....just pray that one day he doesn't go nuts and use it against himself or a loved one. Because stats are here to support that gun owners are most likely to get hurt with their own or hurt someone within the household.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Packing heat may backfire. People who carry guns are far likelier to get shot – and killed – than those who are unarmed, a study of shooting victims in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has found.

It would be impractical – not to say unethical – to randomly assign volunteers to carry a gun or not and see what happens. So Charles Branas‘s team at the University of Pennsylvania analysed 677 shootings over two-and-a-half years to discover whether victims were carrying at the time, and compared them to other Philly residents of similar age, sex and ethnicity. The team also accounted for other potentially confounding differences, such as the socioeconomic status of their neighbourhood.

Despite the US having the highest rate of firearms-related homicide in the industrialised world, the relationship between gun culture and violence is poorly understood. A recent study found that treating violence like an infectious disease led to a dramatic fall in shootings and killings.

Overall, Branas’s study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

Somebody tell the military to disarm the infantry.
:auiqs.jpg:
You became numb I see. Turning on thr TV and seing scores of dead bodies every now and then is normal I guess in America. Just wow!!!

the 2nd amendment allows us to protect ourselves from the government, not the other way around.

So you want to shoot cops. That's what you mean, isn't it?

Not out of the realm of possibility... is the answer to your question...

My VT Constitution... which if you haven't noticed, supersedes (in the minds of VT'ers) that of the Feds. on many issues, including gun laws (or lack thereof) / Recreational Marijuana

Article 16. [Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil]
That the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State--and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Article 17. [Martial law restricted]
That no person in this state can in any case be subjected to law martial, or to any penalties or pains by virtue of that law except those employed in the army, and the militia in actual service.

There certainly is a possibility that the police could be utilized unconstitutionally... In that scenario...YES the citizenry is compelled to suppress & resist the overreach of civil governance exerted over them... It was always the intent that the people be armed commensurate to that of the civil authority policing them...

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Were those "victims" carrying legally at the time?
Who cares more guns more dead people. Can we follow the rest of the world and save lives ?

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Who cares more guns more dead people. Can we follow the rest of the world and save lives ?
NO... over our dead bodies.... literally

The Founders realized that some people are evil and every so often, evil people get control of a nation. When they do, unarmed citizens become fertilizer.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Gun control is for pussies

When will the carnage end? Time to rewrite the archaic 2nd Amendment.
for the purpose of what? anyone still denying the eft wants to take away rhe second amendment...btw, the 1st amendment is older/more making it, by your definition, more archaic...judging by your post I would have to say the problem is we need to do a better job in education
Fallen human nature inherently dictates that the 'carnage' will never end. There will always be poor among us, just as there will always be evil in the hearts of 'mankind'... You can't legislate your way out of reality...

Let's see. First, I don't recall anyone electing you as a spokesperson for "We the People", and as one of the People, I feel certain I would have received a ballot for that vote. Second, I don't give a rat's ass about the demands of any people who DO acknowledge you as their spokesperson.

Forum List

Back