The Right To Bear Arms

So he doesn't feel a need to own one but he owns one?....just pray that one day he doesn't go nuts and use it against himself or a loved one. Because stats are here to support that gun owners are most likely to get hurt with their own or hurt someone within the household.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Packing heat may backfire. People who carry guns are far likelier to get shot – and killed – than those who are unarmed, a study of shooting victims in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has found.

It would be impractical – not to say unethical – to randomly assign volunteers to carry a gun or not and see what happens. So Charles Branas‘s team at the University of Pennsylvania analysed 677 shootings over two-and-a-half years to discover whether victims were carrying at the time, and compared them to other Philly residents of similar age, sex and ethnicity. The team also accounted for other potentially confounding differences, such as the socioeconomic status of their neighbourhood.

Despite the US having the highest rate of firearms-related homicide in the industrialised world, the relationship between gun culture and violence is poorly understood. A recent study found that treating violence like an infectious disease led to a dramatic fall in shootings and killings.

Overall, Branas’s study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed
Were those "victims" carrying legally at the time?
Who cares more guns more dead people. Can we follow the rest of the world and save lives ?

Gun laws do not reduce the murder rate.

After al those countries like the UK passed strict gun laws their murder rates went up and have never dropped to below the pre gun law levels
Still lower than the US. And still the US has the highest rate of gun deaths than any western nation, heck even worse than some war torn countries.

You need to travel more outside the US and have a grasp of sanity and civility and most importantly safety. You'l have a different view...this freedom bullshit is getting old. Kids and people have been dying by the thousands.

Been to other countries and my freedoms are not bullshit. You can do what you want with your freedoms, but you leave mine alone.

I had a son who lived in London and traveled all over the world for work. He just moved back to the states and went and bought a gun.

Again you avoid the question, what makes your opinion any better or worse than the next guy?
My opinion about guns is better because the stats are on my side, less access to guns less fatalities it's very simple. Since your son traveled the world tell him if he ever felt the need to own a gun overseas, and get back to me. This country is deep to its knees in violence you guys who grew up here are numb to the violence and dead bodies, be it kids or adults you got used to it. We the ones who lived in safer countries, tell you it can be achievable by simple banning guns.....and i'm very confident one day it'll be a reality and the US will taste the safety like other countries.
Lol
Violence is only prevalent in Urban progressive controlled areas you stupid ass motherfucker. So shove your fucking gun laws Up ass you cowardly little fuck...

Rural areas of America are awash in firearms... no violent crime to speak of.
Just because firearms make you uncomfortable does not mean that you get the right to force that fucking Cowardly shit on other people...

:fu:
is this study a fakenews?

The study found that from 1999 through 2006, 23,649 Americans age 19 or younger died from gunshots. Rates in the most-rural and most-urban counties were nearly the same -- at 4 deaths per 100,000 children and teens, and 4.6 per 100,000, respectively.

Man, you really ARE a Johnny-Come-Lately. If you were an actual American, rather than a second-rate transplant with delusions of grandeur, you'd know that the "fakenews" here is YOUR long-since-debunked bullshit.

Those "Americans 19 or younger dying from gunshots"? Mostly gang members or others engaging in other criminal activity. Admittedly, that's a problem in and of itself, but it's a far cry from the vision of innocent children being gunned down willy-nilly that you're imagining. Furthermore, there are gun deaths and then there are gun deaths. People under the age of 19 in rural areas are at MUCH less risk of gun violence from others, while they are more likely to choose a gun if they commit suicide. Which makes your comparison apples and oranges.

Once you eliminate the criminals and the suicides, the youth gun death picture becomes VERY different.
Eliminate what you want to better the stats. But the fact is here thousands die by being shot. Other countries don't have this madness because thry have less guns, in act I grow up in Morocco and we have almost none, and in the 23 years i lived there hardly anyone died from being shot.

Gun violence is a ultural issue in America. Hiding behind an old amendment is a stupid excuse...till we join other countries in banning guns. We gonna still count thousands of bodies. Ridiculous.

So he doesn't feel a need to own one but he owns one?....just pray that one day he doesn't go nuts and use it against himself or a loved one. Because stats are here to support that gun owners are most likely to get hurt with their own or hurt someone within the household.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Packing heat may backfire. People who carry guns are far likelier to get shot – and killed – than those who are unarmed, a study of shooting victims in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has found.

It would be impractical – not to say unethical – to randomly assign volunteers to carry a gun or not and see what happens. So Charles Branas‘s team at the University of Pennsylvania analysed 677 shootings over two-and-a-half years to discover whether victims were carrying at the time, and compared them to other Philly residents of similar age, sex and ethnicity. The team also accounted for other potentially confounding differences, such as the socioeconomic status of their neighbourhood.

Despite the US having the highest rate of firearms-related homicide in the industrialised world, the relationship between gun culture and violence is poorly understood. A recent study found that treating violence like an infectious disease led to a dramatic fall in shootings and killings.

Overall, Branas’s study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

Who cares more guns more dead people. Can we follow the rest of the world and save lives ?

Who's "we", Chuckles? The only "we" I can think of that you legitimately belong to would be arrogant foreigners who want to enjoy all America has to offer while superciliously sneering at it and its people. And you and your ilk are more than welcome to "follow the rest of the world" . . . right over to THEIR countries.
Remember that immigrants what not only made this country but what keeps making great. We tell you that we lived in countries where people don't have to get shot regularly it'll be wise to study why. And not be arrogant and keep counting dead bodies.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

After al those countries like the UK passed strict gun laws their murder rates went up and have never dropped to below the pre gun law levels
Still lower than the US. And still the US has the highest rate of gun deaths than any western nation, heck even worse than some war torn countries.
Been to other countries and my freedoms are not bullshit. You can do what you want with your freedoms, but you leave mine alone.

I had a son who lived in London and traveled all over the world for work. He just moved back to the states and went and bought a gun.

Again you avoid the question, what makes your opinion any better or worse than the next guy?
My opinion about guns is better because the stats are on my side, less access to guns less fatalities it's very simple. Since your son traveled the world tell him if he ever felt the need to own a gun overseas, and get back to me. This country is deep to its knees in violence you guys who grew up here are numb to the violence and dead bodies, be it kids or adults you got used to it. We the ones who lived in safer countries, tell you it can be achievable by simple banning guns.....and i'm very confident one day it'll be a reality and the US will taste the safety like other countries.
Lol
Violence is only prevalent in Urban progressive controlled areas you stupid ass motherfucker. So shove your fucking gun laws Up ass you cowardly little fuck...

Just because firearms make you uncomfortable does not mean that you get the right to force that fucking Cowardly shit on other people...

The study found that from 1999 through 2006, 23,649 Americans age 19 or younger died from gunshots. Rates in the most-rural and most-urban counties were nearly the same -- at 4 deaths per 100,000 children and teens, and 4.6 per 100,000, respectively.

Man, you really ARE a Johnny-Come-Lately. If you were an actual American, rather than a second-rate transplant with delusions of grandeur, you'd know that the "fakenews" here is YOUR long-since-debunked bullshit.

Those "Americans 19 or younger dying from gunshots"? Mostly gang members or others engaging in other criminal activity. Admittedly, that's a problem in and of itself, but it's a far cry from the vision of innocent children being gunned down willy-nilly that you're imagining. Furthermore, there are gun deaths and then there are gun deaths. People under the age of 19 in rural areas are at MUCH less risk of gun violence from others, while they are more likely to choose a gun if they commit suicide. Which makes your comparison apples and oranges.

Once you eliminate the criminals and the suicides, the youth gun death picture becomes VERY different.
Eliminate what you want to better the stats. But the fact is here thousands die by being shot. Other countries don't have this madness because thry have less guns, in act I grow up in Morocco and we have almost none, and in the 23 years i lived there hardly anyone died from being shot.

Gun violence is a ultural issue in America. Hiding behind an old amendment is a stupid excuse...till we join other countries in banning guns. We gonna still count thousands of bodies. Ridiculous.

I'm not "eliminating what I want to better the stats", dumbass. I'm clarifying the stats to understand the problems that actually need addressing, rather than using them vaguely so as to hide behind them, like you. People like you are the reason Mark Twain said that there are three types of untruth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

The fact is, there aren't nearly as many people getting shot here by other people as you think there are. And the reasons behind those deaths are almost never what you believe they are. That means that the solution is DEFINITELY not what you want.

I'll say it again: if other countries are so damned superior to the US, go live in them. No one asked you to barge in here and start redecorating.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Who's "we", Chuckles? The only "we" I can think of that you legitimately belong to would be arrogant foreigners who want to enjoy all America has to offer while superciliously sneering at it and its people. And you and your ilk are more than welcome to "follow the rest of the world" . . . right over to THEIR countries.
Remember that immigrants what not only made this country but what keeps making great. We tell you that we lived in countries where people don't have to get shot regularly it'll be wise to study why. And not be arrogant and keep counting dead bodies.

Remember that this country was made by immigrants who wanted to be part of what it is, not immigrants who wanted to tell those already here how they were doing it wrong.

If you didn't want to understand America and be part of it, you shouldn't have come here.

Link the stats please.
no problem.

And their gun laws have nothing to do with it.

The murder rate in the UK has always been lower even before their gun laws and there are many reasons having to do with societal, cultural, socioeconomic and other variables that you don't seem to understand

no problem.

Lol

I'm not "eliminating what I want to better the stats", dumbass. I'm clarifying the stats to understand the problems that actually need addressing, rather than using them vaguely so as to hide behind them, like you. People like you are the reason Mark Twain said that there are three types of untruth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

The fact is, there aren't nearly as many people getting shot here by other people as you think there are. And the reasons behind those deaths are almost never what you believe they are. That means that the solution is DEFINITELY not what you want.

I'll say it again: if other countries are so damned superior to the US, go live in them. No one asked you to barge in here and start redecorating.
Most violent country and as an American I'm trying to make things better, and thats a right that exercise, through voting, lobbying, and other ways.
That disc of if you don't like it go somewhere is childish. The US is not paradise it has its flaws and the biggest one is gun violence, we as those who lived in gun free country we are trying to explain to you...you can't prevent seing thousands of Americans dead as if it's a war zone. And especially kids.

Lol

Most violent country and as an American I'm trying to make things better, and thats a right that exercise, through voting, lobbying, and other ways.
That disc of if you don't like it go somewhere is childish. The US is not paradise it has its flaws and the biggest one is gun violence, we as those who lived in gun free country we are trying to explain to you...you can't prevent seing thousands of Americans dead as if it's a war zone. And especially kids.

Banning guns won't make anything better

no problem.

And their gun laws have nothing to do with it.

The murder rate in the UK has always been lower even before their gun laws and there are many reasons having to do with societal, cultural, socioeconomic and other variables that you don't seem to understand
I do understand because I visited the UK and I live in the US...America refuses to leave the wild west mentality behind. Kids are submerged with violent contents from cartoons, movies, media, and so forth.

the 2nd amendment allows us to protect ourselves from the government, not the other way around.

Geez, people, wake up.
Wrong.

The Second Amendment acknowledges an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense, unconnected with militia service.

The Second Amendment doesn’t ‘trump’ the First.

The right of the people to petition the government for a redress of grievances through the political and legal process cannot be abridged by a wrongheaded minority who subjectively perceive government to have become ‘tyrannical.’

There is no Second Amendment ‘right’ to ‘overthrow’ a lawfully elected government reflecting the will of a majority of the people through ‘force of arms.’

Banning guns won't make anything better
It will...ask over 100 countries that have almost no guns available. The only country where might collect your kid dead from school is the US. Or might even get shot before you pick him up. It's insane you guys became numb to seing this horror.

When will the carnage end? Time to rewrite the archaic 2nd Amendment.
Well, no.

Amendments can only be repealed by amending the Constitution to indeed do so – there are no ‘rewrites,’ as that’s the purview of the Supreme Court to determine what the Constitution means.

The Constitution exists solely in the context of its caselaw – including the Second Amendment.

And there’s nothing in current Second Amendment jurisprudence ‘responsible’ for yesterday’s school shooting, and no political will to repeal the Second Amendment.

Lol

Firearm violence is a non-issue in this country overall, so shut the fuck up you pussy whipped bitch. LOL

Link the stats please.
no problem.

Great Britain further restricted gun laws in 1986, the gun deaths dropped but the murder rate continued to rise until 1995 when they hire more law enforcement officers. Instead of guns, the murders found other methods to kill people. You want to kill someone, you will find a away.

no problem.

Great Britain further restricted gun laws in 1986, the gun deaths dropped but the murder rate continued to rise until 1995 when they hire more law enforcement officers. Instead of guns, the murders found other methods to kill people. You want to kill someone, you will find a away.
That's an apologist argument. Gun deaths and deaths from violence in general are higher in the US. And as I havestated as an example multiple times , a person with a gun can kill multiple pepple at once effortlessly , now goodluck with a knife or a hammer.

Mean time I tell my friends all over the world, that there are people who defend owning guns, they can't comprehend it and they view you as crazy, paranoid, violent and lunatic.

Ps: I know you don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, and you don't give a fuck about kids being killed.

That's an apologist argument. Gun deaths and deaths from violence in general are higher in the US. And as I havestated as an example multiple times , a person with a gun can kill multiple pepple at once effortlessly , now goodluck with a knife or a hammer.

Mean time I tell my friends all over the world, that there are people who defend owning guns, they can't comprehend it and they view you as crazy, paranoid, violent and lunatic.

Ps: I know you don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, and you don't give a fuck about kids being killed.

First off, you are wrong, if guns were the reason for the violence why did gun deaths go down and murders go up? According to what you claim, gun deaths would go down and murders would go down but it simply isn’t true. So, the issue isn’t the guns, the issue is the culture here in the United States. We need to change the culture, I have stated this fact many times in the past but it seems to go beyond people that have one agenda. The other issue is a mental health issue.

The rest of your post is an emotional rant and does nothing to further the discussion and quite frankly they are emotion based lies. That seems to be a left tactic like tossing in a race card, highly emotional yet no substance.

You want to change the culture, fine, then you are working on solutions, to simply ban guns won’t change anything and Britain’s stats proved that.

Go back to your play station kid.
Fuck you. Go back to your dildo, Nancy.

We will never give in. Ever.

Give it up.
Not now but in the future it will happen. It's inevitable. With the migrants fertility rate and civilisation reaching the US and spreading it will happen. Red necks still think it's 18th century.
Pussy
Pussy are those who have guns.
Ame4ican society is so infested with the love for guns and violence. Time to get civilised Mr redneck.

Hey, feel free to show us your "bravery" and march down a street in a Chicago ghetto at midnight, completely unarmed.

So why in the world you will that to begin with?

First off, you are wrong, if guns were the reason for the violence why did gun deaths go down and murders go up? According to what you claim, gun deaths would go down and murders would go down but it simply isn’t true. So, the issue isn’t the guns, the issue is the culture here in the United States. We need to change the culture, I have stated this fact many times in the past but it seems to go beyond people that have one agenda. The other issue is a mental health issue.

The rest of your post is an emotional rant and does nothing to further the discussion and quite frankly they are emotion based lies. That seems to be a left tactic like tossing in a race card, highly emotional yet no substance.

You want to change the culture, fine, then you are working on solutions, to simply ban guns won’t change anything and Britain’s stats proved that.
Oh my god I can't Beleive that after 25 years i would live in the US and would come across people who defend owning guns. After every mass shooting, we used to talk about it and say that Americans are crazy owning guns. Fast forward and here i m arguing with the crazies.
It is so simple less guns less deaths, look at most of the world they dont have this carnage. Our murder rate with guns and without is by far the worst.

I simplified it many times, Moroccans can be hot headedd we get in fights quickly I'm sure if we had guns we would have a similar rate like the US but thank God we don't. So worse case scenario is few cuts and bruises and not bodies in plastic bags.

You guys are fucking nuts.

Last edited:

Oh my god I can't Beleive that after 25 years i would live in the US and would come across people who defend owning guns. After every mass shooting, we used to talk about it and say that Americans are crazy owning guns. Fast forward and here i m arguing with the crazies.
It is so simple less guns less deaths, look at most of the world they dont have this carnage. Our murder rate with guns and without is by far the worst.

I simplified it many times, Moroccans can be hot headedd we get in fights quickly I'm sure if we had guns we would have a similar rate like the US but thank God we don't. So worse case scenario is few cuts and bruises and not bodies in plastic bags.

Oh my god, I can’t believe after 50 years there are still people that don’t get it. I don’t and will never own a gun, however I the right and the freedom that others have to do what they want to legally do. Just owning a gun doesn’t make you violent, it is less than one 10th of 1% that do 100% of the killings. You ignore statistics, you ignore the Constitution and you ignore the freedoms that make this country great.

I respect your opinion, however I disagree with you and your comments are very ignorant as to the real issues.

I haven’t been in a fight since I was 12, it seems your culture is to violent for me, it’s amazing that you can’t be trusted with a weapon.

Oh my god, I can’t believe after 50 years there are still people that don’t get it. I don’t and will never own a gun, however I the right and the freedom that others have to do what they want to legally do. Just owning a gun doesn’t make you violent, it is less than one 10th of 1% that do 100% of the killings. You ignore statistics, you ignore the Constitution and you ignore the freedoms that make this country great.

I respect your opinion, however I disagree with you and your comments are very ignorant as to the real issues.

I haven’t been in a fight since I was 12, it seems your culture is to violent for me, it’s amazing that you can’t be trusted with a weapon.
Lol I've witnessed more fights in the US than in Morocco. My reference was is if we had guns some would definitely used them. But thank God we don't.

So why the hell the US surpasses most nations in gun related deaths?

Forum List

Back