The Right To Bear Arms

All those kids gone just so the gun industry can make a few bucks, and worse. we, the American people allowed it to happen.

All those kids gone just so the gun industry can make a few bucks, and worse. we, the American people allowed it to happen.

I agree. I still remember when then President George W. Bush signed the PLCAA protecting gun manufacturers and dealers from liability.

The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products. However, both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S. based manufacturer of consumer products is held responsible. They may also be held liable for negligent entrustment when they have reason to know a gun is intended for use in a crime.

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act - Wikipedia

WTF, what ever happened to "if you see something, say something". Kids were aware, schools were aware, utube was aware, FBI was informed....and nothing happens. Sure, it's the gun industry that's at fault.

Who cares more guns more dead people. Can we follow the rest of the world and save lives ?

Who's "we", Chuckles? The only "we" I can think of that you legitimately belong to would be arrogant foreigners who want to enjoy all America has to offer while superciliously sneering at it and its people. And you and your ilk are more than welcome to "follow the rest of the world" . . . right over to THEIR countries.
Remember that immigrants what not only made this country but what keeps making great. We tell you that we lived in countries where people don't have to get shot regularly it'll be wise to study why. And not be arrogant and keep counting dead bodies.

Great Britain further restricted gun laws in 1986, the gun deaths dropped but the murder rate continued to rise until 1995 when they hire more law enforcement officers. Instead of guns, the murders found other methods to kill people. You want to kill someone, you will find a away.
That's an apologist argument. Gun deaths and deaths from violence in general are higher in the US. And as I havestated as an example multiple times , a person with a gun can kill multiple pepple at once effortlessly , now goodluck with a knife or a hammer.

Mean time I tell my friends all over the world, that there are people who defend owning guns, they can't comprehend it and they view you as crazy, paranoid, violent and lunatic.

Ps: I know you don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, and you don't give a fuck about kids being killed.

First off, you are wrong, if guns were the reason for the violence why did gun deaths go down and murders go up? According to what you claim, gun deaths would go down and murders would go down but it simply isn’t true. So, the issue isn’t the guns, the issue is the culture here in the United States. We need to change the culture, I have stated this fact many times in the past but it seems to go beyond people that have one agenda. The other issue is a mental health issue.

The rest of your post is an emotional rant and does nothing to further the discussion and quite frankly they are emotion based lies. That seems to be a left tactic like tossing in a race card, highly emotional yet no substance.

You want to change the culture, fine, then you are working on solutions, to simply ban guns won’t change anything and Britain’s stats proved that.
.....also, the strict gun laws in certain places here often foster MORE gun crimes. Kennesaw, Georgia has a law that says every household must have a firearm. The gun crime rate in Kennesaw is lower than almost any other place in the nation. Chicago has the most stringent gun laws...and the highest gun crime rate.

650 murders last year in Chicago.
http://www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/

ZERO murders in the last 25 years in Kennesaw.

25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’

It is a mental health issue, not a gun issue. If there were no loud, BANG BANG guns in the world, mass murders would likely be accomplished with machetes without much attention grabbing noise...or by bombs with far more devastating effects.

The mental issues need to be discovered and addressed BEFORE the mass killer acts out his plan, no matter what the weapons will be.

When will the carnage end? Time to rewrite the archaic 2nd Amendment.
time to ignore the gun banners who squeal in delight every time there is a shooting so they can use the blood of innocents to try to drown out our rights. You hate the NRA and gun owners because they don't support the leftwing candidates you crave

time to ignore the gun banners who squeal in delight every time there is a shooting so they can use the blood of innocents to try to drown out our rights. You hate the NRA and gun owners because they don't support the leftwing candidates you crave

I cherish my guns - but I do detest the NRA. I was a member for about 30 years until after it was hijacked by radicals in 1977.

Last edited:
Nope because people are dying by the thousands.

really? gun deaths have declined over the years despite millions upon millions more guns in circulation and millions of people carrying guns legally. So you are either ignorant of the fact or lying. Most gun deaths are SUICIDES. the remaining number that are not justifiable or excusable shootings are homicides mainly and those are caused at rates of 80-90% by people who are not legally able to own or use guns

so stuff the silly dramatics. Gun violence in tis country-especially outside urban areas full of drug gangs is minuscule

I cherish my guns - but I do detest the NRA. I was a member for about 30 years until after it was hijacked by radicals in 1977.

that change was a caused by the Democrats adopting gun control in a specious effort to pretend they were doing something about crime without upsetting their big black constituency which (often correctly) saw calls for crack downs on street violence as being anti black. Dems then started pushing gun control to not only pretend it was doing something about crime but also to retaliate against the NRA for saying Bullshit to the Dems bogus crime control schemes

really? gun deaths have declined over the years despite millions upon millions more guns in circulation and millions of people carrying guns legally. So you are either ignorant of the fact or lying. Most gun deaths are SUICIDES. the remaining number that are not justifiable or excusable shootings are homicides mainly and those are caused at rates of 80-90% by people who are not legally able to own or use guns

so stuff the silly dramatics. Gun violence in tis country-especially outside urban areas full of drug gangs is minuscule
USA is the worst country in terms of gu related dearhs/mass shootings. So there is clearly a gun problem. Why do you need a gun ? Insecure? Or ready to kill when you are pissed at the world?

that change was a caused by the Democrats adopting gun control in a specious effort to pretend they were doing something about crime without upsetting their big black constituency which (often correctly) saw calls for crack downs on street violence as being anti black. Dems then started pushing gun control to not only pretend it was doing something about crime but also to retaliate against the NRA for saying Bullshit to the Dems bogus crime control schemes
There should be profiling of white males purchasing fire arms since most mass shooters are whites. Just like we profile other groups for different reasons. Don' you think?

There should be profiling of white males purchasing fire arms since most mass shooters are whites. Just like we profile other groups for different reasons. Don' you think?

sure, the same cops who don't have the time to arrest the thousands of people who lie on federal background checks for firearms will have time to do this--good thinking there dude

USA is the worst country in terms of gu related dearhs/mass shootings. So there is clearly a gun problem. Why do you need a gun ? Insecure? Or ready to kill when you are pissed at the world?

I was an alternate on teh olympic shooting team, shot in two world championships, was a pro level USPSA pistol shooter and held the national pin record. at almost 60 I am still one of the fastest steel shooters in Ohio. I was also a federal prosector for almost 25 years.

so I like to shoot, I am world class at it, and I take my security seriously. are you afraid of guns or are you afraid of your own lack of ability to use one safely?

Who's "we", Chuckles? The only "we" I can think of that you legitimately belong to would be arrogant foreigners who want to enjoy all America has to offer while superciliously sneering at it and its people. And you and your ilk are more than welcome to "follow the rest of the world" . . . right over to THEIR countries.
Remember that immigrants what not only made this country but what keeps making great. We tell you that we lived in countries where people don't have to get shot regularly it'll be wise to study why. And not be arrogant and keep counting dead bodies.

Great Britain further restricted gun laws in 1986, the gun deaths dropped but the murder rate continued to rise until 1995 when they hire more law enforcement officers. Instead of guns, the murders found other methods to kill people. You want to kill someone, you will find a away.
That's an apologist argument. Gun deaths and deaths from violence in general are higher in the US. And as I havestated as an example multiple times , a person with a gun can kill multiple pepple at once effortlessly , now goodluck with a knife or a hammer.

Mean time I tell my friends all over the world, that there are people who defend owning guns, they can't comprehend it and they view you as crazy, paranoid, violent and lunatic.

Ps: I know you don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, and you don't give a fuck about kids being killed.

First off, you are wrong, if guns were the reason for the violence why did gun deaths go down and murders go up? According to what you claim, gun deaths would go down and murders would go down but it simply isn’t true. So, the issue isn’t the guns, the issue is the culture here in the United States. We need to change the culture, I have stated this fact many times in the past but it seems to go beyond people that have one agenda. The other issue is a mental health issue.

The rest of your post is an emotional rant and does nothing to further the discussion and quite frankly they are emotion based lies. That seems to be a left tactic like tossing in a race card, highly emotional yet no substance.

You want to change the culture, fine, then you are working on solutions, to simply ban guns won’t change anything and Britain’s stats proved that.
.....also, the strict gun laws in certain places here often foster MORE gun crimes. Kennesaw, Georgia has a law that says every household must have a firearm. The gun crime rate in Kennesaw is lower than almost any other place in the nation. Chicago has the most stringent gun laws...and the highest gun crime rate.

650 murders last year in Chicago.

ZERO murders in the last 25 years in Kennesaw.

It has low crime, yes. But so do most towns of 21K or less. Without or Without the peculiar gun law that they passed. Just down the road is a town of the same size. It has had NO gun crimes in at least 20 years. Now, compare Houston and you get a completely different set of figures. Try not to cherry pick. It's too easy to see past it.

I was an alternate on teh olympic shooting team, shot in two world championships, was a pro level USPSA pistol shooter and held the national pin record. at almost 60 I am still one of the fastest steel shooters in Ohio. I was also a federal prosector for almost 25 years.

so I like to shoot, I am world class at it, and I take my security seriously. are you afraid of guns or are you afraid of your own lack of ability to use one safely?

I am retired Military. Even I can see the one thing that all the mass shootings (including the latest in Florida) has. All of them involved derivatives of the AR-15 with many clips of 30 or more capacity. And most of those weapons were purchased legally.

The ones that used handguns or shotguns or hunting rifles had a much lower body count because of both the magazine limit or the slow fire rate. The AR-15 has over a 600 round fire rate if you use it correctly for maximum fire. Even the Semi Auto version can easily do 200 rounds a minute with you just pulling the trigger as fast as you can. It only takes a few seconds to mow down 15 or more people using one.

Now, how do we protect our Children or at least minimize the damage? The ball is in your court. And please, don't toss the tired old NRA story line. They are here to sell guns, not save lives.

Oh my god I can't Beleive that after 25 years i would live in the US and would come across people who defend owning guns. After every mass shooting, we used to talk about it and say that Americans are crazy owning guns. Fast forward and here i m arguing with the crazies.
It is so simple less guns less deaths, look at most of the world they dont have this carnage. Our murder rate with guns and without is by far the worst.

I simplified it many times, Moroccans can be hot headedd we get in fights quickly I'm sure if we had guns we would have a similar rate like the US but thank God we don't. So worse case scenario is few cuts and bruises and not bodies in plastic bags.

You guys are fucking nuts.

Oh my god, I can’t believe after 50 years there are still people that don’t get it. I don’t and will never own a gun, however I the right and the freedom that others have to do what they want to legally do. Just owning a gun doesn’t make you violent, it is less than one 10th of 1% that do 100% of the killings. You ignore statistics, you ignore the Constitution and you ignore the freedoms that make this country great.

I respect your opinion, however I disagree with you and your comments are very ignorant as to the real issues.

I haven’t been in a fight since I was 12, it seems your culture is to violent for me, it’s amazing that you can’t be trusted with a weapon.
Lol I've witnessed more fights in the US than in Morocco. My reference was is if we had guns some would definitely used them. But thank God we don't.

So why the hell the US surpasses most nations in gun related deaths?

I explained it many times, why are you not understanding? Less than one tenth of one percent kill, with a gun or not. Britain banned guns, murders by gun dropped, however more murders occurred. We are a violent culture as you have point out so well, we need to change the culture, and the deaths will go down. Just banning to ban and having no answers as to why, will change the way a person kills.

sure, the same cops who don't have the time to arrest the thousands of people who lie on federal background checks for firearms will have time to do this--good thinking there dude
Well time to put an end to the mass shootings by doing a little bit of profiling of white males when they wanna purchase guns and ammo. Most mass shooters are white, aren't they? I'm just going by the logic of the racists of the right who love to profile Muslims as terrorists, Mexicans as rapists, blacks as thugs and so forth.

I'm sorry but I would not keep you in my circle, invite you to my house or around my kids...is a principal I have before even moving to the US. I didn't grow up around guns, and don't intend to. it's 21st century for god's sake. This love for guns exists mainly in the US, and it's purely cultural just like some backwards stuff in Afghanistan and other parts of the world than needs to be abolished.

Oh my god I can't Beleive that after 25 years i would live in the US and would come across people who defend owning guns. After every mass shooting, we used to talk about it and say that Americans are crazy owning guns. Fast forward and here i m arguing with the crazies.
It is so simple less guns less deaths, look at most of the world they dont have this carnage. Our murder rate with guns and without is by far the worst.

I simplified it many times, Moroccans can be hot headedd we get in fights quickly I'm sure if we had guns we would have a similar rate like the US but thank God we don't. So worse case scenario is few cuts and bruises and not bodies in plastic bags.

You guys are fucking nuts.

Oh my god, I can’t believe after 50 years there are still people that don’t get it. I don’t and will never own a gun, however I the right and the freedom that others have to do what they want to legally do. Just owning a gun doesn’t make you violent, it is less than one 10th of 1% that do 100% of the killings. You ignore statistics, you ignore the Constitution and you ignore the freedoms that make this country great.

I respect your opinion, however I disagree with you and your comments are very ignorant as to the real issues.

I haven’t been in a fight since I was 12, it seems your culture is to violent for me, it’s amazing that you can’t be trusted with a weapon.
Lol I've witnessed more fights in the US than in Morocco. My reference was is if we had guns some would definitely used them. But thank God we don't.

So why the hell the US surpasses most nations in gun related deaths?

I explained it many times, why are you not understanding? Less than one tenth of one percent kill, with a gun or not. Britain banned guns, murders by gun dropped, however more murders occurred. We are a violent culture as you have point out so well, we need to change the culture, and the deaths will go down. Just banning to ban and having no answers as to why, will change the way a person kills.

You are still using the NRA boiler plate. The US is NOT Britain by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, we do need to change the culture. It was changed once in 1934 over another very efficient killing gun. The Thompson as singled out in that law. One of the cultures we need to change is your culture. I don't advocate banning all guns. It will never happen. I own a 45ACP myself and don't feel threatened one bit by any gun laws. Even if I have to get a Firearms License, I have the right to own it. But it won't go quite that far either. But I won't own an AR-15 or one like it. That puppy has done most of the Mass Shootings in our Theaters, Concerts and Schools. Yes, there were a few that didn't use one but the body count was very low in comparison. I can accept the lower losses but not when it goes into the hundreds like it has.

By virtue of being retired Military, I assure you that I can be very violent. But I chose not to be. It's a choice and always has been. I am more afraid of the Legal Purchased AR-15 and others like it being used to shoot up high density populations than I am of the armed criminal. One of the Schools just confiscated a handgun from a Student today here. He is 18, a senior and purchased the gun legally. But the handgun deaths may be within reasonable losses that we need to work on, but not accept as normal. But the AR-15 bought legally and used for mass shootings is way out of the acceptable losses category.

You notice that if the "Gun Law Nutz" were to accept my way, would you be willing to meet them halfway and also accept the method I propose? Or are you going to continue spouting standard NRA Boilerplate. The NRA of today isn't the same one I was a member of at one time. They aren't there to promote gun safety as much anymore. They are there to sell guns, period. That culture also need to change.

And please don't spout they are after your guns. You can own any weapons short of a Nuclear Weapon if you get the proper license, have the proper storage and don't have a list of problems that would not allow you to pass a gun check for a normal purchase.

So what is it going to be. You can change your ideas a bit or we will be forced into exactly what you nor I want in the first place.

Forum List

Back