The Right To Bear Arms

Maybe not obsolete but antiquated, out of date...

... it needs to be updated to reflect the times...

... and the threat of overkill firepower...

... for the average citizen.
:cool:
Gun violence can only be dealt with by dealing with those who commit it. Most gun violence is the result of repeat offenders. Over 500,000 crimes a year, in the U.S., are the result of repeat offenders. And there are nowhere that many committing those crimes. Deal with them, and you deal with the problem.

Once more, you are using the "Hey, Look Over There" routine. The Mass Shooters usually don't have any criminal records at all. And that is what we should be dealing with. What can we do to either stop or minimize the body count in these shooting.

WRONG. The mass shooters usually DO have some sort of red flag that would have turned up, had the appropriate people been tending to business. And THAT is what we should be dealing with.

Yes, we should be looking at those things. But we should also allow Law Enforcement the time to see these indicators by doing at least 3 out of the 4 items I listed already. They allow more flags to go up.

But we have to be careful. Can you imagine if you were to be flagged when you have no intention of doing any mass shooting? I can hear the crying, screeching and screaming coming from you about your 1st amendment rights.

Ban kids from driving or ban driving altogether unless it is public transportation would save more kids, so are you for that? Ban swimming pools and swimming would save more kids, are you for that? Ban all junk food, that would save more kids, are you for that? Ban kids on bicycles, even more lives saved, are you for that? Ban kids from smoking, are you for that? Lots of dangerous things we do, how much do you want to ban to save the children?
You know you look ridiculous to almost everybody on this earth when you use this argument ? Except to republicans and gun lovers.

You claim you want children kept safe, but if you really felt that way, why would you not want more rules and bans in place to protect them, especially when there are things out there that are killing more young teens than guns? I notice you won't answer the question which tells me you have none.

It's called the Common sense approach. You do what you must do to make a common sense change. Some things are beyond your control but others are within your control so you change what you can and don't waste your time in the areas that you can't change. So your "Hey, Look Over There" routine isn't too common sense.

"The common sense approach". Which is what? You've already proven that it's not to look for middle ground in which to discuss acceptable compromises. So I can only assume that your definition of "common sense" is "shut up and give me everything I want RIGHT NOW!"

So listening to you is pretty obviously wasting our time in areas we can't change.

I actually listed 4 things that can be done and will be affective. Funny, Ronald Reagan proposed and got the 4th one which was to ban Assault Rifles from general sales. The other 3, I have said all along and now a bunch of traumtized school children are saying the same thing. It's you that will not compromise. You want me to shut up. Well, junior mass murderer, I won't. And that 78% that were brought up are starting to wake up and speak out. What's the matter, getting a bit noisy for your tastes?
Do you know how many gun laws there are? How are they working out? Have they prevented one single death? Look at places like Detroit. They used to have very strict gun laws, yet they had one of the highest crime rates of any city. Recently, they have allowed people to not only carry guns, but to get concealed carry licenses. Can you guess what happened to the crime rate?

So you don’t care about children?
I do. That's why I call for banning guns like other countries. I want American kids to grow up safe like I did in a gun free country.

Ban kids from driving or ban driving altogether unless it is public transportation would save more kids, so are you for that? Ban swimming pools and swimming would save more kids, are you for that? Ban all junk food, that would save more kids, are you for that? Ban kids on bicycles, even more lives saved, are you for that? Ban kids from smoking, are you for that? Lots of dangerous things we do, how much do you want to ban to save the children?
You know you look ridiculous to almost everybody on this earth when you use this argument ? Except to republicans and gun lovers.

You claim you want children kept safe, but if you really felt that way, why would you not want more rules and bans in place to protect them, especially when there are things out there that are killing more young teens than guns? I notice you won't answer the question which tells me you have none.
Drowning is an accident, picking a gun and killing is not. Apples and oranges here.
Picking up a brick can accomplish the same thing.

It's called the Common sense approach. You do what you must do to make a common sense change. Some things are beyond your control but others are within your control so you change what you can and don't waste your time in the areas that you can't change. So your "Hey, Look Over There" routine isn't too common sense.

"The common sense approach". Which is what? You've already proven that it's not to look for middle ground in which to discuss acceptable compromises. So I can only assume that your definition of "common sense" is "shut up and give me everything I want RIGHT NOW!"

So listening to you is pretty obviously wasting our time in areas we can't change.

I actually listed 4 things that can be done and will be affective. Funny, Ronald Reagan proposed and got the 4th one which was to ban Assault Rifles from general sales. The other 3, I have said all along and now a bunch of traumtized school children are saying the same thing. It's you that will not compromise. You want me to shut up. Well, junior mass murderer, I won't. And that 78% that were brought up are starting to wake up and speak out. What's the matter, getting a bit noisy for your tastes?
Do you know how many gun laws there are? How are they working out? Have they prevented one single death? Look at places like Detroit. They used to have very strict gun laws, yet they had one of the highest crime rates of any city. Recently, they have allowed people to not only carry guns, but to get concealed carry licenses. Can you guess what happened to the crime rate?

Another "Hey, Look Over There" moment.

WRONG. The mass shooters usually DO have some sort of red flag that would have turned up, had the appropriate people been tending to business. And THAT is what we should be dealing with.

The NRA has fought those red flags for years. Somebody can be mentally ill, and under treatment, but until a judge declares him a mental case, he's allowed to buy a gun.
All the red flags don't do anything until a judge holds a hearing.
Some judges would declare, with a straight face, that all Conservatives are mentally ill. The ugly truth is that anyone who is a law abiding citizen has the right to buy a firearm.

How does your mentally challenged brain manage to generate enough energy to keep you breathing?

Washington DC, in post Heller v DC, the crime rate has gone up.

Some judges would declare, with a straight face, that all Conservatives are mentally ill. The ugly truth is that anyone who is a law abiding citizen has the right to buy a firearm.

Just about every mass murderer was a law abiding citizen up until he started killing people.

I do. That's why I call for banning guns like other countries. I want American kids to grow up safe like I did in a gun free country.

Drowning is an accident, picking a gun and killing is not. Apples and oranges here.
Can you mass kill with a brick?

Washington DC, in post Heller v DC, the crime rate has gone up.
We're not talking about DC. We're talking about Detroit and what happened to the crime rates. There is also a town where you can actually get a concealed permit without a background check. It has one of the lowest crimes rates in the nation. Of course, that might be the result of most of the residents being white and middle class.

How does your mentally challenged brain manage to generate enough energy to keep you breathing?

I am part of the silent Majority. My wing for the Silent Majority is the Militant Wing. We ain't so quiet and oftentimes take the blunt of your smaller yet much more vocal ire. So be it. But the 78% is starting to speak out and it's getting pretty damned noisy. Of course, when you allow others to threaten and kill our Children and Grand Children then that does prompt them to start speaking out more and more each day.

I’m sorry...we’re too busy still looking for that “landslide” victory by Hitlery Clinton that you people predicted.

Every time the left attempts to predict the future, they come out looking like complete and total buffoons. And every time the left attempts to go after firearms, they pay the price at the polls. Americans don’t like it when representatives go after their rights.

Those kids taht you find are not developed are all high schoolers. Many will be voting in 2018 and all of them can vote in 2020. I would think that resource would be sought after instead of just put to the side of the tracks. So go ahead, you may have just created the next generation of Democrats.

Sweetie, you need only watch these mouthy little twerps on TV to see that their parents already did that.

Frankly, if one of my kids spoke to an adult, let alone an adult holding a position of authority, the way that boy did to Marco Rubio, I'd slap the taste out of his mouth for being so hysterical, ridiculous, and outright rude.

Those kids are forced to grow up too quickly with what they have been through. And they are mad as hell. Especially when they are trying to do something right and the A+ NRA rated political hacks try and put them down for it. It appears that having the A+ rating from the NRA is more important than our children's lives.

I haven't noticed that they particularly grew up at all, given the childish snowflakey ranting.

"They are mad as hell." Leftists and their human shields are ALWAYS mad as hell, and always hopeless at telling us what relevance that's supposed to have. I'M mad as hell that you dumb shits think we should remake our country to suit you, but I don't notice you thinking THAT should decide public policy.

"They're trying to do something right." They're doing a piss-poor job of it, probably because they're listening to YOUR bullshit ideas of what's right and how to go about it.

If they don't want to be criticized, they shouldn't have stepped into the public arena as activists.

Thanks to CNN for proving that "our children" are only important to the left as human shields and tools.

They are also scared as hell. And they aren't saying the things like you want them to. So you denigrate them. Well, they have a message and that message is pretty damned clear. And if their Parents give them permission, they have the same right to voice it as you do. Have you ever heard of the 1st Amendment? It appears that theirs have been and are being shit all over.

Oh, they're scared? Really? And they're the only ones, are they? There aren't other people out there, like me, who have school-aged children who might be the next sacrifices to your all-important leftist vision? All you're giving me are MORE reasons why 1) these children shouldn't be making public policy, and 2) shouldn't be paraded around on television in a cynical bid to advance an agenda.

You're damned right they're getting "denigrated", which we all know is left-speak for "criticizing someone I agree with and want to claim immunity for". That's what happens when you step out in the public square as a proud activist and start screaming at people and demanding things: you open yourself up for criticism.

"They have a message." So do I.

"Same right to voice it." Ditto.

Of course I've heard of the First Amendment. It's the right YOU want to deny ME with this constant leftist "victim activist" ploy. Since no one seems to have told you, I will: The First Amendment guarantees you the right to speak. It says nothing about a right to be applauded for what you say.

If those kids are getting their "feewings" hurt by the response to their self-righteousness, then they have no one to blame but you leftists who've played this tune until everyone's tired of it.

Just about every mass murderer was a law abiding citizen up until he started killing people.
I repeat. Mass shootings are responsible for a very small percentage of gun deaths. More people manage to accidentally shoot themselves with their own gun. It's a non issue.

If you have lots and lots of bricks and either shoot them from cannons or drop them from bombers. Much like a small bullet can't kill without the gun.

If the brick is big enough I can't see why not.

I repeat. Mass shooting are responsible for a very small percentage of gun deaths. More people manage to accidentally manage to shoot themselves with their own gun. It's a non issue.

We change what we have the power to change. And for mass shootings, we have the power to change them or at least minimize the body counts. Yet you deny the actions to even do that. "HEY, NOT OVER MY DEAD BODY" is heard. But others can't speak out because they ARE the dead bodies.

If you have lots and lots of bricks and either shoot them from cannons or drop them from bombers. Much like a small bullet can't kill without the gun.
I swear sometimes I just I can most gun lovers overseas and show thrm how it's possible to live without guns, and prevent mass killings. The US looks like it's in constant war...thousands die from gun violence...what a shame for this country.

If the brick is big enough I can't see why not.
Lol so when was the last mass killing with a brick ?

So you don’t care about children?

The only "safe place" you had was the delusion of your own sick mind. I'm not interested in changing my nation to try to create that fantasy in reality.
Once your likes will be a minority things will change for the better. And remember it's just an "amendment".
And remember it's just an "amendment".

then it should be fairly easy to have it removed
It will...demographics are changing. :)

You are correct they over the last 59 years the idea of banning guns is more unlikely than likely as the numbers are trending against banning guns altogether.

Forum List

Back