The Right To Bear Arms

Hamilton was a real federalists who knew the federal doctrine.
Thomas Jefferson was 100x smarter.

Hamilton was nothing but an unimaginative Statist with whom even his fellow federalists disagreed.

Your republican doctrine is Worthless, right wingers. You can't make it work. Madison and Jefferson did us a disservice with your doctrine.

I have no obscure meaning. You are merely appealing to ignorance. Why be frivolous in public venues
Tell me. What does "appeal to ignorance" mean to you? What does "frivolous" or "public venues" mean?
Asking daniel any question at all is an appeal to ignorance

And as useful as giving a fish a toothbrush.
Our Constitution is Express not Implied, right wingers.

Your republican doctrine is Worthless, right wingers. You can't make it work. Madison and Jefferson did us a disservice with your doctrine.
The huge, expensive military, and all the wars that come with it, originated with NONE OTHER THAN Mr. Alexander Hamilton, so you can stop your bitching about the "warfare" clause. YOU SUPPORT IT.

I have no obscure meaning. You are merely appealing to ignorance. Why be frivolous in public venues
Tell me. What does "appeal to ignorance" mean to you? What does "frivolous" or "public venues" mean?

Fish, meet toothbrush.

Yes.

It expressly says "the right of the people...shall not be infringed."

Here's the plain meaning:
INFRINGE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Why do you not accept the EXPRESS terms of the Constitution?

Well regulated militia are declared Necessary and those Persons of the People, may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

The huge, expensive military, and all the wars that come with it, originated with NONE OTHER THAN Mr. Alexander Hamilton, so you can stop your bitching about the "warfare" clause. YOU SUPPORT IT.
Hamilton understood the difference between the general welfare and the general warfare.

Fish, meet toothbrush.
Well regulated militia should not merely troll.

Fish, meet toothbrush.

Then stop.

Fish, meet toothbrush.

Then stop.
i don't. accuracy should be a virtue for any militia, well regulated or not.

Look, Dan. It's not as complicated as you are IMPLYING it to be.

Because States need a well armed and properly functioning army made up of its people (a militia), this new federal government we are establishing will not infringe on the right of people to keep and bear arms.

I have implied NOTHING. I have made no qualifiers. That is CONSISTENT with the language of the 2A.

States need men (18-45) to serve in militias, so the federal government is not going to infringe on ANYONE (The People).

That is ABSOLUTELY CLEAR.

You're better off knocking off the nonsense and pushing for an amendment.

and the right of the people....shall not be infringed.
The People who are well regulated may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

You have this backwards.
Clearly the concern was that if the people were not well armed and prepared, then a well armed and ready militia would not be available in times of emergency, and we would easily be defeated.
The phrase, "well regulated" means to be practiced and well functioning, as in "well regulated clock" or "regular bowel movements".

So it is infringement that would prevent being well regulated.

You have to know this because it says the "right of the people" to keep and bear arms.
It does not say the government authorized national guard shall not be disarmed.

Forum List

Back