The right way to pay taxes

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kPRGblJTPRE]PA Man Pays Property Taxes in $7143 One Dollar Bills - YouTube[/ame]

pennies would have been better.

IIRC, you can't do that anymore, even if they are rolled.

Edit;

I just did some double checking and what I found is that while pennies are legal tender for all debts, the merchant ( In this case the tax office) has the right to refuse to accept them in large numbers just as they have the right to refuse to accept a $100 bill for a pack of $0.25 gum.

Last edited:
pennies would have been better.

IIRC, you can't do that anymore, even if they are rolled.

Edit;

I just did some double checking and what I found is that while pennies are legal tender for all debts, the merchant ( In this case the tax office) has the right to refuse to accept them in large numbers just as they have the right to refuse to accept a $100 bill for a pack of $0.25 gum.

They cannot, however, say we do not take cash.

Naw.

That's just hassling some poor schlub who is stuck paying the same excessive percentage as you are.

Better to vote against those who support big business. You know - the bloodsucking Republicans. :)

I would, however, ensure that I had a lawyer and a public notary so that the agency refusing to take the cash payment will sign a paper stating that they refused the tax payment and that the effort to make the payment was on time.

Naw.

That's just hassling some poor schlub who is stuck paying the same excessive percentage as you are.

Better to vote against those who support big business. You know - the bloodsucking Republicans. :)

He was paying the school property tax in Philly, you can't blame Republicans for that.

Once you succeed in destroying big business, who's going to manufacture the computer you use to complain about it?

And the internet servers you use to carry your messages?

And the car you use to drive to work (assuming you have a job)?

Who's going to bring the food to market so you can buy and eat it?

Forum List

Back