The Rise and Fall of the American Empire

I read the excerpt in the OP or the whole piece and:

• Rabbi Pruzansky is right. Our great nation is done.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Rabbi Pruzansky is wrong. This is a temporary anomaly.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Rabbi Pruzansky is partly right and partly wrong. I'll explain.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • This is another stupid rightwing rant to be ignored.

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I really don't care whether he is right or wrong. I want free stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I further my own every day with a solid 6-8 hours of really smart work. I sold a custom tool today that cost more than the car you borrow. Then I had a nice long lunch meeting with my broker. He paid.

I do not trash your lifestyle....I trash your lack of work ethic and failure to even want a job. Hard working poor people are to be honored. You are not one of them.

To you EVERYTHING is free.

i bet you could not sell this TK tool.

Hmmmm? How would I sell a tool such as him? I'd have to identify a market first. Let me give it some thought.

Yeah, you do that. Take your CNC machine and come up with something that hasn't been done yet. "Custom Tools" - yeah right.

Obama won because the masses were too incapable of free thought. Too compelled by the prospect of free things and entitlements the feel they so richly "deserved." So blinded by this they voted with their hearts, not their heads. They voted for hope and got despair. The voted for change, but instead got the status quo.

[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

I am a young man who chose to forgo the bondage of student loans, and will not be participating in Obamacare. I did not take in unemployment, I do not live on welfare or SSI. I choose not to further indebt an already indebted government. If you are looking for that one bright light to save this nation from the abyss, I shall serve as the first of many. I shall make it clear we are not as naive as these politicians think we are. I've watched and observed, and I've learned from the mistakes of the older adults before me. It will be ensured that the fates that have befallen my generation will not lay claim to the next. Perhaps I will be inspired one day to lead them in to a glorious new American dawn.

You truly are a lost partisan hack if you believe this ignorant, hateful garbage.

“…the masses were too incapable of free thought.”

Oh, brother – you’ve got to be kidding.

Like the typical petulant child, you and others on the right attempt to cast blame everywhere but where it belongs: with Romney and the GOP, they alone are responsible.

Obama won because the masses were too incapable of free thought. Too compelled by the prospect of free things and entitlements the feel they so richly "deserved." So blinded by this they voted with their hearts, not their heads. They voted for hope and got despair. The voted for change, but instead got the status quo.

I am a young man who chose to forgo the bondage of student loans, and will not be participating in Obamacare. I did not take in unemployment, I do not live on welfare or SSI. I choose not to further indebt an already indebted government. If you are looking for that one bright light to save this nation from the abyss, I shall serve as the first of many. I shall make it clear we are not as naive as these politicians think we are. I've watched and observed, and I've learned from the mistakes of the older adults before me. It will be ensured that the fates that have befallen my generation will not lay claim to the next. Perhaps I will be inspired one day to lead them in to a glorious new American dawn.

Do you have a job? If not, someone is paying for you to live. What are you doing for them to add value to their lives for giving you food, electricity, a place to live, all those little inconsequential things?

Matter of fact, what DO you do to add value to America. Beside sit on the Net and talk bull shit.? Just curious.

lets take a look at what corporations who get Free stuff provide in return to the community as opposed to those individuals who get free stuff and return nothing. how many jobs do the entitled provide? how many necessary goods and services do they provide? how many of their products bring outside revenue into this country? lets look at the real picture. what is the return on investment for both cases?

Idiot. They use every penny to create jobs. They spend every penny of the money they earn working.......and the assistance they may receive.....just living. That creates jobs. Think for once.

Moron. The money they spend was taken away from somebody else, so it provides not net contribution to the economy. It's a variation on Bastiat's Parable of the Broken Window, only in this case it's the Parable of the Picked Pocket.

Have you ever witnessed the anger of the good shopkeeper, James Goodfellow, when his careless son has happened to break a pane of glass? If you have been present at such a scene, you will most assuredly bear witness to the fact that every one of the spectators, were there even thirty of them, by common consent apparently, offered the unfortunate owner this invariable consolation – "It is an ill wind that blows nobody good. Everybody must live, and what would become of the glaziers if panes of glass were never broken?"

Now, this form of condolence contains an entire theory, which it will be well to show up in this simple case, seeing that it is precisely the same as that which, unhappily, regulates the greater part of our economical institutions.

Suppose it cost six francs to repair the damage, and you say that the accident brings six francs to the glazier's trade – that it encourages that trade to the amount of six francs – I grant it; I have not a word to say against it; you reason justly. The glazier comes, performs his task, receives his six francs, rubs his hands, and, in his heart, blesses the careless child. All this is that which is seen.

But if, on the other hand, you come to the conclusion, as is too often the case, that it is a good thing to break windows, that it causes money to circulate, and that the encouragement of industry in general will be the result of it, you will oblige me to call out, "Stop there! Your theory is confined to that which is seen; it takes no account of that which is not seen."

It is not seen that as our shopkeeper has spent six francs upon one thing, he cannot spend them upon another. It is not seen that if he had not had a window to replace, he would, perhaps, have replaced his old shoes, or added another book to his library. In short, he would have employed his six francs in some way, which this accident has prevented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window

Does not apply.

You truly are a lost partisan hack if you believe this ignorant, hateful garbage.

Like the typical petulant child, you and others on the right attempt to cast blame everywhere but where it belongs: with Romney and the GOP, they alone are responsible.

How can Romney be responsible? He isn't even the President? You are the petulant child. No ounce of self direction whatsoever. If you were indeed capable of free thought, why are you barking and swallowing left wing propaganda all the time?

Just shut up, Clayton.

@boedicca

How can Romney be responsible? He isn't even the President? You are the petulant child. No ounce of self direction whatsoever. If you were indeed capable of free thought, why are you barking and swallowing left wing propaganda all the time?

Just shut up, Clayton.

i heard he was a paralegal, and that you aspire to be one in the future (let's say in 20 years, when you have grown up).

considering this, you should ask him for advice instead of telling him to shut up.

Do you have a job? If not, someone is paying for you to live. What are you doing for them to add value to their lives for giving you food, electricity, a place to live, all those little inconsequential things?

Matter of fact, what DO you do to add value to America. Beside sit on the Net and talk bull shit.? Just curious.

You will never understand. Unless you are God or the Son of Man, I will nary answer to the likes of you.

Game. Set. Match. I'd say that's as stern as I've seen Fox get with someone. If LL valued hard work, he wouldn't be trashing my lifestyle rather than furthering his own.

I further my own every day with a solid 6-8 hours of really smart work. I sold a custom tool today that cost more than the car you borrow. Then I had a nice long lunch meeting with my broker. He paid.

I do not trash your lifestyle....I trash your lack of work ethic and failure to even want a job. Hard working poor people are to be honored. You are not one of them.

Smart work huh? You can manage to do "smart work" but do and say the most absolutely dumbest things here. How do you manage it?

I am a caregiver. I take care of my elderly grandmother around the clock. I will gladly not take in a job if it means taking care of her. Her health and wellbeing are my utmost concern. Making her smile is all the payment I need. My notion of work ethic is far superior to yours. You have no clue the meaning of back breaking labor, I do. You don't have to pick up a frail old woman from the floor each time she stumbles and falls. You don't heed to the beck and call of those you care about, but rather to money and politics. You speak of caring for the poor, but from what you told me, you are far from it. Those who are rich but care not for the poor they extol are hypocrites.

I shall not have the likes of you judging me. Such devotion to family is lost in this world. DO NOT DARE impugn yourself on me, you unnatural noise.

People who have true love and compassion in their hearts are to be honored. You are not one of them.

You are forgetting one thing. I do not believe that you are taking care of anyone. I think you are slimy and deceitful enough to make up a fucking story like that.

I have...and will continue to judge you. You are in need of it.

Do you have medical insurance or not? Third time.

That he has no job and doesn’t contribute isn’t the issue, and shouldn’t be made an issue.

The issue is that it’s sad someone so young and naïve is also so ignorant and hateful as to believe the nonsense he parrots.

Idiot. They use every penny to create jobs. They spend every penny of the money they earn working.......and the assistance they may receive.....just living. That creates jobs. Think for once.

Moron. The money they spend was taken away from somebody else, so it provides not net contribution to the economy. It's a variation on Bastiat's Parable of the Broken Window, only in this case it's the Parable of the Picked Pocket.

Have you ever witnessed the anger of the good shopkeeper, James Goodfellow, when his careless son has happened to break a pane of glass? If you have been present at such a scene, you will most assuredly bear witness to the fact that every one of the spectators, were there even thirty of them, by common consent apparently, offered the unfortunate owner this invariable consolation – "It is an ill wind that blows nobody good. Everybody must live, and what would become of the glaziers if panes of glass were never broken?"

Now, this form of condolence contains an entire theory, which it will be well to show up in this simple case, seeing that it is precisely the same as that which, unhappily, regulates the greater part of our economical institutions.

Suppose it cost six francs to repair the damage, and you say that the accident brings six francs to the glazier's trade – that it encourages that trade to the amount of six francs – I grant it; I have not a word to say against it; you reason justly. The glazier comes, performs his task, receives his six francs, rubs his hands, and, in his heart, blesses the careless child. All this is that which is seen.

But if, on the other hand, you come to the conclusion, as is too often the case, that it is a good thing to break windows, that it causes money to circulate, and that the encouragement of industry in general will be the result of it, you will oblige me to call out, "Stop there! Your theory is confined to that which is seen; it takes no account of that which is not seen."

It is not seen that as our shopkeeper has spent six francs upon one thing, he cannot spend them upon another. It is not seen that if he had not had a window to replace, he would, perhaps, have replaced his old shoes, or added another book to his library. In short, he would have employed his six francs in some way, which this accident has prevented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window

Does not apply.

In what way? Care to explain?

That he has no job and doesn’t contribute isn’t the issue, and shouldn’t be made an issue.

The issue is that it’s sad someone so young and naïve is also so ignorant and hateful as to believe the nonsense he parrots.

Listen to you, you liberal sycophant! You worship your party leaders as if they were Gods among men. You are foolish and malinformed. You preach their lies as gospel!

I am fortunate not to be someone like you. I am aware of my world, you are trapped in your own version of it. Spare me.

Last edited:
i bet you could not sell this TK tool.

Hmmmm? How would I sell a tool such as him? I'd have to identify a market first. Let me give it some thought.

Yeah, you do that. Take your CNC machine and come up with something that hasn't been done yet. "Custom Tools" - yeah right.

You misunderstand. I don't make the tools. I buy and sell them. I couldn't operate a CNC terminal if my life depended on it.

Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

You misunderstand. I don't make the tools. I buy and sell them. I couldn't operate a CNC terminal if my life depended on it.
Edit

you could maybe get rid of the TK lemon if you offered a free useful tool and fries!

Edit

Give us a break. You are nothing more than a used car salesman at best. Big talk from a little man.

Edit

Give us a break. You are nothing more than a used car salesman at best. Big talk from a little man.[/QUOTE]

^addresses this tripe at LL in a thread where, as usual, the jobless gamer kid spouts off.

Game. Set. Match. I'd say that's as stern as I've seen Fox get with someone. If LL valued hard work, he wouldn't be trashing my lifestyle rather than furthering his own.

Smart work huh? You can manage to do "smart work" but do and say the most absolutely dumbest things here. How do you manage it?

I am a caregiver. I take care of my elderly grandmother around the clock. I will gladly not take in a job if it means taking care of her. Her health and wellbeing are my utmost concern. Making her smile is all the payment I need. My notion of work ethic is far superior to yours. You have no clue the meaning of back breaking labor, I do. You don't have to pick up a frail old woman from the floor each time she stumbles and falls. You don't heed to the beck and call of those you care about, but rather to money and politics. You speak of caring for the poor, but from what you told me, you are far from it. Those who are rich but care not for the poor they extol are hypocrites.

I shall not have the likes of you judging me. Such devotion to family is lost in this world. DO NOT DARE impugn yourself on me, you unnatural noise.

People who have true love and compassion in their hearts are to be honored. You are not one of them.

Well that's great. You live with your grandmother and in exchange you help provide care for her and that you love your grandmother. And that you are very thankful that she has Social Security Income, Medicare and maybe even Meals on Wheels because one thing is for sure, when you make 10000 posts in 7 months, you sure as hell don't have time to cook.

You want some attention? How about rewriting that lie-filled story about your family's history? You left out the unpleasant parts.

Give us a break. You are nothing more than a used car salesman at best. Big talk from a little man.

Nope. Never sold a car that wasn't mine. I am also not little. So far you are batting .000

But, I have a friend who is a used car salesman. Great guy. Good family. Has a really nice "man cave". Conservative....but not stupid like you.

Last edited:

Well that's great. You live with your grandmother and in exchange you help provide care for her and that you love your grandmother. And that you are very thankful that she has Social Security Income, Medicare and maybe even Meals on Wheels because one thing is for sure, when you make 10000 posts in 7 months, you sure as hell don't have time to cook.

Just how on Earth do you know what I do for her? There are people here with over 50,000. They're doing just fine themselves. Now screw off.

that dork takes care of his "rep power" around the clock.

how could he find time for gaming?

Hey, heres a little something for you!

994349_254933657989968_1120084765_n.jpg

Forum List

Back