The scandals are falling apart

Looks like the Benghazi scandal is going to turn into a Republican scandal. Lying about what e-mails said out of malice for the President is a pretty serious act.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Lucky for you and Obama lying is still not a crime. Even, as proved with slick Willie, lying under oath doesn't matter to the liberal left. Rice lied, Obama lied about people who died, get over it.
Ummm... :lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-bogus-email-leaks-came-from-republicans.html

A friend of mine used to be an attorney for the IRS. He has an advanced law degree in taxation from an Ivy League law school and worked for many years within the IRS think tank. I couldn't wait to ask him about this and this is what he said: There is no scandal, there was no wrong doing. There was an inordinate and disproportionate number of applications for 501(c)(4) applications by conservative groups, (who were very unhappy about Obama's win) as opposed to liberal/progressive groups, (who were happy with Obama's win and didn't feel the need to organize).

The IRS is obligated to investigate an application for a 501(c)(4) to insure that it is not politically motivated. They do that with every application since these organizations are seeking non-profit status.

First, a request: Please stop bolding your posts. Save the bold for specific words or sentences you want to highlight. It's annoying and difficult to read.

Second, (and I would bold what I am referring to, but you have removed that option for me), the reason why this flood of applications took so long to approve/disapprove is because the Republicans in Congress have slashed the IRS budget.

Excuse #1. There was a sudden flood of applications which slowed down the process
There was no flood of applications according to the I.G. report. Actually the total number was down from previous years.

Excuse #2. The Republicans cut funding
The Obama Administration expanded the IRS in preparation of Obamacare by over 15,000 agents. This is the same excuse Obama and Hillary tried with the lapse in security at Benghazi.

Excuse#3. They've been treating everyone equally so this all about nothing
The IRS admitted already that conservative groups were unfairly targeted. Obama himself said if this were true it is unacceptable behavior. It doesn't matter if Salon.com provides a couple of examples of liberal groups being rejected or in their opinions harassed. The shear numbers cancel any claims out.

The scandals are falling apart

Things go wrong in government. Sometimes it’s just bad luck. Sometimes it’s rank incompetence. Sometimes it’s criminal wrongdoing. Most of the time you never hear about it. Or, if you do hear about it, the media eventually gets bored talking about it (see warming, global).

But every so often an instance of government wrongdoing sprouts wings and becomes something quite exciting: A political scandal.

The crucial ingredient for a scandal is the prospect of high-level White House involvement and wide political repercussions. Government wrongdoing is boring. Scandals can bring down presidents, decide elections and revive down-and-out political parties. Scandals can dominate American politics for months at a time.

On Tuesday, it looked like we had three possible political scandals brewing. Two days later, with much more evidence available, it doesn’t look like any of them will pan out. There’ll be more hearings, and more bad press for the Obama administration, and more demands for documents. But — and this is a key qualification — absent more revelations, the scandals that could reach high don’t seem to include any real wrongdoing, whereas the ones that include real wrongdoing don’t reach high enough. Let’s go through them.

1) The Internal Revenue Service: The IRS mess was, well, a mess. But it’s not a mess that implicates the White House, or even senior IRS leadership. If we believe the agency inspector general’s report, a group of employees in a division called the “Determinations Unit” — sounds sinister, doesn’t it? — started giving tea party groups extra scrutiny, were told by agency leadership to knock it off, started doing it again, and then were reined in a second time and told that any further changes to the screening criteria needed to be approved at the highest levels of the agency.

The White House fired the acting director of the agency on the theory that somebody had to be fired and he was about the only guy they had the power to fire. They’re also instructing the IRS to implement each and every one of the IG’s recommendations to make sure this never happens again.

If new information emerges showing a connection between the Determination Unit’s decisions and the Obama campaign, or the Obama administration, it would crack this White House wide open. That would be a genuine scandal. But the IG report says that there’s no evidence of that. And so it’s hard to see where this one goes from here.

Click the link for Benghazi and AP

If the scandals are falling apart you need to tell that to my congresswoman. She had to set up a special phone line to handle the angry phone calls on the IRS scandal. The Tea Party is hot right now.

the scandals are actually blowing up in obama's face. hence his scrambling around to do news conferences, interviews etc....

only a left wing hack would claim they are falling apart

and of course Ezra Klein is exactly that -- a left wing hack.

He cant be serious - he actually does usually try to be somewhat credible - but this is not credible. This is a huge issue and despite the attempt from the left to poo poo it it will be around for a long time. It seeps in to obamacare as well. And bottom line the credibility of this agency has been badly damaged, this simply stated is not defensible and they will be walking on eggsheels for a long time

A friend of mine used to be an attorney for the IRS. He has an advanced law degree in taxation from an Ivy League law school and worked for many years within the IRS think tank. I couldn't wait to ask him about this and this is what he said: There is no scandal, there was no wrong doing. There was an inordinate and disproportionate number of applications for 501(c)(4) applications by conservative groups, (who were very unhappy about Obama's win) as opposed to liberal/progressive groups, (who were happy with Obama's win and didn't feel the need to organize).

The IRS is obligated to investigate an application for a 501(c)(4) to insure that it is not politically motivated. They do that with every application since these organizations are seeking non-profit status.

First, a request: Please stop bolding your posts. Save the bold for specific words or sentences you want to highlight. It's annoying and difficult to read.

Second, (and I would bold what I am referring to, but you have removed that option for me), the reason why this flood of applications took so long to approve/disapprove is because the Republicans in Congress have slashed the IRS budget.

Excuse #1. There was a sudden flood of applications which slowed down the process
There was no flood of applications according to the I.G. report. Actually the total number was down from previous years.

Excuse #2. The Republicans cut funding
The Obama Administration expanded the IRS in preparation of Obamacare by over 15,000 agents. This is the same excuse Obama and Hillary tried with the lapse in security at Benghazi.

Excuse#3. They've been treating everyone equally so this all about nothing
The IRS admitted already that conservative groups were unfairly targeted. Obama himself said if this were true it is unacceptable behavior. It doesn't matter if Salon.com provides a couple of examples of liberal groups being rejected or in their opinions harassed. The shear numbers cancel any claims out.

and of course at the end of the day even if there was a flood of applications, blah blah blah it in no way excuses this -- because this is simply indefensible and everyone knows it.

not suprising at all. The pug's fauxrages are imploding in short order ;) :lol:

IRS scandal is not falling apart it is getting worse daily. Today it was uncovered that Hispanic conservative groups were targeted for audits. Not only denied 501c3 status but members were actually audited.

The various groups and individuals are now preparing lawsuits against the IRS. This might turn into a class action before it's done. One lawyer was on TV and he already has 27 clients.

Forum List

Back