The scandals are falling apart

Looks like the Benghazi scandal is going to turn into a Republican scandal. Lying about what e-mails said out of malice for the President is a pretty serious act.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Lucky for you and Obama lying is still not a crime. Even, as proved with slick Willie, lying under oath doesn't matter to the liberal left. Rice lied, Obama lied about people who died, get over it.

It's wishin' and hopin' and wishin' and hopin'.

It might have been different if obama had really fired someone, anyone. But he didn't. The man supposedly fired was leaving anyway and will get reassigned to another department.

Meanwhile, it was discovered that this paranoid cocaine addict bugged the congressional cloakroom.

California congressman Devin Nunes made the claim yesterday that the Justice Department wiretapped telephones in the House of Representative's Cloak Room, an exclusive part of the Capitol where members are able to privately interact with one another.

The man was FORCED to resign. FIRED.:eusa_whistle:

Acting director of IRS forced to resign amid furor over targeting of conservative groups
Acting director of IRS resigns amid furor over targeting of conservative groups - The Washington Post

Looks like the Benghazi scandal is going to turn into a Republican scandal. Lying about what e-mails said out of malice for the President is a pretty serious act.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Lucky for you and Obama lying is still not a crime. Even, as proved with slick Willie, lying under oath doesn't matter to the liberal left. Rice lied, Obama lied about people who died, get over it.

Really? Lied about what?

Now Bush and Cheney lied us into a war that has cost 4500+ American lives and 3 trillion dollars. No WMD and no Iraqi nuclear program. What did President Obama lie about that resulted in the deaths of the Ambassador and the other three men?

It might have been different if obama had really fired someone, anyone. But he didn't. The man supposedly fired was leaving anyway and will get reassigned to another department.

Meanwhile, it was discovered that this paranoid cocaine addict bugged the congressional cloakroom.

California congressman Devin Nunes made the claim yesterday that the Justice Department wiretapped telephones in the House of Representative's Cloak Room, an exclusive part of the Capitol where members are able to privately interact with one another.

Acting director of IRS forced to resign amid furor over targeting of conservative groups
Acting director of IRS resigns amid furor over targeting of conservative groups - The Washington Post

Sarah Ingram who was in charge of the tax exempt unit is still there

103 thousand dollars in bonuses

and is now about to be in charge of of obama care

September 12 -- President Barack Obama

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

September 12 -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

"We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is no justification for this; none."

September 12 -- White House spokesman Jay Carney, in response to questions about whether the attack was planned

"It's too early for us to make that judgment. I think -- I know that this is being investigated, and we're working with the Libyan government to investigate the incident. So I would not want to speculate on that at this time."

September 12 -- Obama, at a campaign event in Las Vegas, again uses the "act of terror" line

"No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America."

He repeats the line again the next day in Golden, Colorado. "I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished."

September 13 -- Jay Carney

"The protests we're seeing around the region are in reaction to this movie. They are not directly in reaction to any policy of the United States or the government of the United States or the people of the United States."

September 13 -- A senior U.S. official tells CNN that the Benghazi violence was a "clearly planned attack"

"It was not an innocent mob," the official said. "The video or 9/11 made a handy excuse and could be fortuitous from their perspective, but this was a clearly planned military-type attack."

September 13 -- State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland

"Well, as we said yesterday when we were on background, we are very cautious about drawing any conclusions with regard to who the perpetrators were, what their motivations were, whether it was premeditated, whether they had any external contacts, whether there was any link, until we have a chance to investigate along with the Libyans. So I know that's going to be frustrating for you, but we really want to make sure that we do this right and we don't jump to conclusions. That said, obviously, there are plenty of people around the region citing this disgusting video as something that has been motivating."

September 14 -- Jay Carney

"We were not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent."

September 16 -- Susan Rice, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, on CNN's "State of the Union" with Candy Crowley

"There was a hateful video that was disseminated on the Internet. It had nothing to do with the United States government, and it's one that we find disgusting and reprehensible. It's been offensive to many, many people around the world. That sparked violence in various parts of the world, including violence directed against Western facilities including our embassies and consulates."

On CBS' "Face the Nation," Rice also said that, "We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned."

September 18 -- Jay Carney

"Our belief, based on the information we have, is it was the video that caused the unrest in Cairo, and the video and the unrest in Cairo that helped -- that precipitated some of the unrest in Benghazi and elsewhere. What other factors were involved is a matter of investigation."

September 19 -- Jay Carney

"It is a simple fact that there are, in post-revolution, postwar Libya, armed groups, there are bad actors hostile to the government, hostile to the West, hostile to the United States. And as has been the case in other countries in the region, it is certainly conceivable that these groups take advantage of and exploit situations that develop, when they develop, to protest against or attack either Westerners, Americans, Western sites or American sites. ... Right now I'm saying we don't have evidence at this point that this was premeditated or preplanned to coincide on a -- to happen on a specific date or coincide with that anniversary."

September 19 -- Matthew Olson, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, responding to a question by Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Chairman Joe Lieberman on whether the attack was a terrorist attack

"They were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy. ... At this point, what I would say is that a number of different elements appear to have been involved in the attack, including individuals connected to militant groups that are prevalent in eastern Libya, particularly the Benghazi area, as well we are looking at indications that individuals involved in the attack may have had connections to al Qaeda or al Qaeda affiliates, in particular al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb." Olson also said U.S. officials had no "specific evidence of significant advanced planning."

September 20 -- Jay Carney

"It is, I think, self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack. Our embassy was attacked violently, and the result was four deaths of American officials."

September 20 -- President Obama at a town hall meeting organized by the Spanish-language Univision Network, responding to a question about the possible involvement of al Qaeda

"What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests."

What the Obama administration has said about the Libya attack - CNN.com

The Right has never gotten it right about President Obama for 6 years. There's no reason to believe they will get this right.

The IRS scandal can't be pinned on Obama, and ironically, the IRS scandal is smothering the Benghazi fake scandal that the inmates were obsessing over.

"Can't be pinned on Obama"?

Did Obama approve the IRS management team that hired the underlings?
Yes
If so would Obama EVER hire someone that would KNOWING what Obama's philosophy was execute their duties contrary to what Obama wanted?
Not sure what you're saying here....

I am guessing you mean that would Obama's appointees hire someone who disagreed with President Obama?

I really doubt that came up during the interview...."So, Sandy, tell us what you think about DADT, DOMA, etc..." I disagree with our corporate positions on several things by the way. Do you agree with your boss 100% of the time? Your wife? Your father?

In the real world CEOs hire people they can trust to execute the CEO's plans. The Agenda of the CEOs are clearly defined.
Is Obama NOT the CEO of the USA and hence responsible for the people at the IRS?
I'm not sure--Republicans know everything so you can tell me--were these people who actually did this hired by Obama or his appointees? He, Obama, is responsible either way though.

While Obama is not required to know every last detail of every job in the government there is a theme..a hiring model that Obama either had and followed OR
he is a totally inept CEO that should if in the real world be fired!
That is hilarious.

"Pinning scandals" on Obama isn't the issue.
Sure...that is why there are 400+ threads on one of the "scandals" on a poltical message board.

The entire mind set. The entire agenda of Obama dictates people that work for him be like minded!
Again, hilarious.

If these people after meeting Obama come away with the mind set "conservatives are the enemy".. we must NOT let conservatives have any power.. and this is a
well known Obama mind set... then his underlings are doing what Obama wants!

So if a guy were to physically assault Eric Cantor and he happened to work for the Federal government as a park ranger, it would be because Obama's wishes were being carried out?

It's getting harder and harder to tell the right wing fringe from the entire right wing.

The woman in charge of the operation was promoted and given a 6 figure bonus for a job well done. Now she is in a position to do even greater damage.

What Obama has done is claimed to have fired a temp. Somebody who was put in the position on a temp basis, thus the "acting" designate.

All that Obama has done is something that doesn't solve the problem but is intended to satisfy liberals that just want tokenism so they can once again crow proudly about the Great Obama Administration. They don't need much. Just hope, because this last week was pretty hopeless. Salon.com supplies them with their imaginary talking points so they don't have to live in this constant depressed state. They will never face up to the fact that 99% of what his critics have said about him is true. He is a tyrant. He is an ego-maniacal asshole. He does believe in using government to punish his enemies. It's all true. Problem is proving it taking into account the protections a sitting president has. This cloud of guilt and mistrust will hang over his head for the rest of his term and his supporters will continue to prop him up. They believe what he says, not what he does.

Last edited:

Miller only became director in November of 2012, and he was named "acting" director. So, in reality, he was a temporary director, that was leaving in June.

Big freaking deal, he resigned, I bet his resignation was accepted and he got all the benefits and salary through the date that he was going to leave office. I bet he will probably get more since they are trying to make home the fall guy, even though he wasn't in charge when most of the scandal went down.

This is a typical CYA and it really nothing but window dressing and liberals believe it is a real cleanse. Go figure.

The Right has never gotten it right about President Obama for 6 years. There's no reason to believe they will get this right.

The IRS scandal can't be pinned on Obama, and ironically, the IRS scandal is smothering the Benghazi fake scandal that the inmates were obsessing over.

It is way to early to say whether or not the scandal can be pinned on Obama, but it occurred while he was president, and how he deals with it will be entirely on him. So far I don't see anything to show me he really cares.
:lol:

This, from the Party that continues to blame Clinton for 9/11.

Thanks for the chuckles, QW!

A friend of mine used to be an attorney for the IRS. He has an advanced law degree in taxation from an Ivy League law school and worked for many years within the IRS think tank. I couldn't wait to ask him about this and this is what he said: There is no scandal, there was no wrong doing. There was an inordinate and disproportionate number of applications for 501(c)(4) applications by conservative groups, (who were very unhappy about Obama's win) as opposed to liberal/progressive groups, (who were happy with Obama's win and didn't feel the need to organize).

The IRS is obligated to investigate an application for a 501(c)(4) to insure that it is not politically motivated. They do that with every application since these organizations are seeking non-profit status.

First, a request: Please stop bolding your posts. Save the bold for specific words or sentences you want to highlight. It's annoying and difficult to read.

Second, (and I would bold what I am referring to, but you have removed that option for me), the reason why this flood of applications took so long to approve/disapprove is because the Republicans in Congress have slashed the IRS budget.

Ever notice that the Right never fails to sensationalize and exaggerate any incident to the point of absurdity if they think it is favorable to them??

Wow, I guess you must have forgot about Foley, Libby and the housing bubble burst that Democrats created and blamed republicans. You stick to MSNBC and leave the sensationalize and exaggerating to the pros.

You mean the Republicans who controlled Congress from 1994-2007? :lol:

A friend of mine used to be an attorney for the IRS. He has an advanced law degree in taxation from an Ivy League law school and worked for many years within the IRS think tank. I couldn't wait to ask him about this and this is what he said: There is no scandal, there was no wrong doing. There was an inordinate and disproportionate number of applications for 501(c)(4) applications by conservative groups, (who were very unhappy about Obama's win) as opposed to liberal/progressive groups, (who were happy with Obama's win and didn't feel the need to organize).

The IRS is obligated to investigate an application for a 501(c)(4) to insure that it is not politically motivated. They do that with every application since these organizations are seeking non-profit status.

Either your friend is a lying fascist fuckwad, or you just made him up.
Yes, because there couldn't POSSIBLY be a non-political excuse for what happened, right?

Yeah, dey jes fallanz aparts...

{The emails confirm the ABC News report that the so-called "talking points" written by the CIA on the attack underwent extensive revisions – 12 versions – and that substantial changes were made after the State Department expressed concerns. The early versions of the talking points, drafted entirely by the CIA, included references to the al Qaeda affiliate Ansar al-Sharia and to previous CIA warnings about terror threats in Benghazi. State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland expressed concerns about including those references in the talking points. }

The Benghazi Emails: Talking Points Changed at State Dept.'s Request - ABC News

LOL

Leftists are such stupid fuckwads...

A conservative group tried for 17 months to get their 501c status approved to no avail.

They gave up.

Then they changed their name and put "Green Party" in their description. They reapplied.

Their application was approved in 3 weeks.

Please cite a reliable source for this.

Define reliable.
Non-blog by someone nobody has ever heard of.

Try a major U.S. newspaper. One that employs reporters, not just opinion writers.

Ah, Sparky? The IRS and the Obama White House have already admitted there was wrong doing at the IRS. Your "friend" is about as clueless about what's happening at his old job as Eric Holder is at his present job...just saying....

Pssst! "wrongdoing" is not equal to politically directed.

Forum List

Back