The solution to terrorism...........1000 lashes

But, I've never seen the baptist religion denounce Westboro or the catholic religion denounce McVeigh.

How many people have Westboro killed? McVeigh didn't kill in the name of religion, he killed because he hated the gov't. You need to read up on history
History indicates that it's not really clear about what McVeigh's motivations were. The problem is that liberal media opinion has been passed off and accepted as "history" for the last half century.

I had heard he was upset about Ruby Ridge or Waco or something like that, and that he was angry with the government. Don't know how accurate that is, it is just what I've heard on different programs, etc.

I have never hurt anyone in my life, and I despise violence, despite my last posts. When you read about peaceful Buddhists rioting AND attacking Muslims, that has to make you get up and scratch your head. Islam provokes hate and suspicion even in BUDDHISTS. So, where are we going with this? Islam does that to people. They are the superstition of hate, they strap bombs on little girls. That is what they DO.

Buddhists aren't any more "peaceful" than any other religion. In the end they are just as human as the rest of us.

Sounds like you are blaming the victims.
You do understand that it was Islam, not Buddhism, not anything else but Islam that that crashed those planes in Manhattan, and shot those artists at Charlie Hebdo, right? Are we even on the same page here?

You do understand that has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said?

Are we to believe that myth that all religions are created equal? No thanks for me. I choose not to ignore the overwhelming evidence that Islam is the most violent religion. Perhaps itsunami a hard truth you refuse to acknowledge.

I have never hurt anyone in my life, and I despise violence, despite my last posts. When you read about peaceful Buddhists rioting AND attacking Muslims, that has to make you get up and scratch your head. Islam provokes hate and suspicion even in BUDDHISTS. So, where are we going with this? Islam does that to people. They are the superstition of hate, they strap bombs on little girls. That is what they DO.

Buddhists aren't any more "peaceful" than any other religion. In the end they are just as human as the rest of us.

You do understand that it was Islam, not Buddhism, not anything else but Islam that that crashed those planes in Manhattan, and shot those artists at Charlie Hebdo, right? Are we even on the same page here?

Are we to believe that myth that all religions are created equal? No thanks for me. I choose not to ignore the overwhelming evidence that Islam is the most violent religion. Perhaps itsunami a hard truth you refuse to acknowledge.

I'm simply going by history.

I love Churchill, and he was a weak human being like the rest of us...Islam is a piece of shit if I ever stepped on it. Islam incites suicide cells, kills artist and is generally evil. But other than that, it's just great.

I should not have used the s word. That was kind of nasty. But, I was annoyed by your petulance. Churchill oversaw torture of innocent people in Africa. If you criticize Muslim countries for not doing enough against terrorism and then profess your love for people like Churchill then that simply demonstrates that you have an ax to grind with Muslim folks.

Churchill did what?

The young Churchill charged through imperial atrocities, defending each in turn. When concentration camps were built in South Africa, for white Boers, he said they produced "the minimum of suffering". The death toll was almost 28,000, and when at least 115,000 black Africans were likewise swept into British camps, where 14,000 died, he wrote only of his "irritation that Kaffirs should be allowed to fire on white men". Later, he boasted of his experiences there: "That was before war degenerated. It was great fun galloping about."

Not his finest hour The dark side of Winston Churchill - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

you broke my heart-----sheeesh---he as quite a nazi

I disagree with you. Buddhist Dharma as a civilization is perhaps one of the most peaceful ones.

Every religion has it's extremists, it's human nature and in Bhuddism, what is happening in Myanmar is a perfect example. People think certain religions are pacifists, but the reality is - it depends on the followers. There was a quote, wasn't there, by Ghandi - something along the lines of "I love your Christ, it's your Christians I don't like" - Christ was a pacifist with a powerful message. His followers - a mixed bag.

There is no parallel between Islam and Buddhist Dharma. I am familiar with what is happening in Myanmar. I have read your thread about it as well in the past. I still disagree with you. What we saw in Mynmar was a reaction of native Myanmar people towards illegal Muslim infiltrators from Bangladesh.

Last edited:

Let's assume that I agree with the premise that Islam hasn't always been the world's most violent religon. So what? Islamthat is being practiced today is obviously the most violent form of religon there is.

I love Churchill, and he was a weak human being like the rest of us...Islam is a piece of shit if I ever stepped on it. Islam incites suicide cells, kills artist and is generally evil. But other than that, it's just great.

I should not have used the s word. That was kind of nasty. But, I was annoyed by your petulance. Churchill oversaw torture of innocent people in Africa. If you criticize Muslim countries for not doing enough against terrorism and then profess your love for people like Churchill then that simply demonstrates that you have an ax to grind with Muslim folks.

Churchill did what?

The young Churchill charged through imperial atrocities, defending each in turn. When concentration camps were built in South Africa, for white Boers, he said they produced "the minimum of suffering". The death toll was almost 28,000, and when at least 115,000 black Africans were likewise swept into British camps, where 14,000 died, he wrote only of his "irritation that Kaffirs should be allowed to fire on white men". Later, he boasted of his experiences there: "That was before war degenerated. It was great fun galloping about."

Not his finest hour The dark side of Winston Churchill - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Lots of Jewish folks see him as a hero that he was not. He did not give a hoot about Jews being gassed by Germans. He only got involved because Hitler backed him in a corner.

historically there were RELATIVE TO ISLAM --rare
occasions of BUDDHIST IMPERIALISM and violent suppression of others. Buddhism became a STATE
RELIGION and its "kings" that imperialism thing. Islam is
a WORLD IMPERIALIST RELIGION------muslims no matter
where they are PRONE to see their position in the UNIVERSE as of the RULING CREED. The events in paris this past week is a manifestion of that WORLD IMPERIALSM
thing. The actions of Boko Haram are the same.
There was a time when Christianity did the same WORLD
IMPERIALISM thing-----but Christians gave it up------
the answer is ---MUSLIMS SHOULD GIVE IT UP too

I disagree with you. Buddhist Dharma as a civilization is perhaps one of the most peaceful ones.

Every religion has it's extremists, it's human nature and in Bhuddism, what is happening in Myanmar is a perfect example. People think certain religions are pacifists, but the reality is - it depends on the followers. There was a quote, wasn't there, by Ghandi - something along the lines of "I love your Christ, it's your Christians I don't like" - Christ was a pacifist with a powerful message. His followers - a mixed bag.

There is no parallel between Islam and Buddhist Dharma. I am familiar with what is happening in Myanmar. I have read your thread about it as well in the past. I still disagree with you. What we saw in Mynmar was a reaction of native Myanmar people towards illegal Muslim infiltrators.

I disagree. Muslims have been there since around the 10th century.

historically there were RELATIVE TO ISLAM --rare
occasions of BUDDHIST IMPERIALISM and violent suppression of others. Buddhism became a STATE
RELIGION and its "kings" that imperialism thing. Islam is
a WORLD IMPERIALIST RELIGION------muslims no matter
where they are PRONE to see their position in the UNIVERSE as of the RULING CREED. The events in paris this past week is a manifestion of that WORLD IMPERIALSM
thing. The actions of Boko Haram are the same.
There was a time when Christianity did the same WORLD
IMPERIALISM thing-----but Christians gave it up------
the answer is ---MUSLIMS SHOULD GIVE IT UP too

Of course they should give it up

There is no parallel between Islam and Buddhist Dharma. I am familiar with what is happening in Myanmar. I have read your thread about it as well in the past. I still disagree with you. What we saw in Mynmar was a reaction of native Myanmar people towards illegal Muslim infiltrators.

Nope. Illegal Muslim infiltration from Bangladesh is what flared the issue up.

What did they do?

Churchill did what?

Lots of Jewish folks see him as a hero that he was not. He did not give a hoot about Jews being gassed by Germans. He only got involved because Hitler backed him in a corner.

now-----I am hurt.......... <sob>------well---he was the
CONSUMATE ENGLISHMAN------poor guy----he just
could not help it-----it comes with the tea and crumpets.
DID I ever tell you that my hubby spent a few years in school
in England. He has an interesting "ethnic" appearance---kinda like ANTHONY QUINN---not that he looks like
Anthony Quinn just that he can APPEAR to be all sorts
of different ethnicities------anything but anglo saxon. Even Pakistanis take him for Pakistani and Hispanics take him
for Hispanic-----arab, gypsy, indian etc etc. He had
lots of INTERESTING experiences because of that fact
in England back in the 1960s-----all the way to being
PAKI BASHED------but most humorous with Englishmen-----one of whom described him as "brown but
decent" sheeeeesh------Churchill could not help
his englishy self--------its ingrained

My impression of Burma is that there were very few muslims
there and it was a BUDDHIST COUNTRY----so was Afghanistan once upon a time. The Islamic destruction of
Buddhist statuary did not help build love between the two.
I can see why Burma people would be alarmed at a muslim
influx for HISTORIC reasons

What did they do?

Rohingya started crossing into Myanmar when it was under British occupation. In recent years, there have been lot of illegal infiltration from Rohingya of Bangladesh into Myanmar. This followed up with land grabs by Rohingyas. Eventually it flared up into full scale riots in which Rohingya did not come out on top. This does not make them a victim because they started the whole mess. Even if you distribute equal blame to both native Myanmar population and Rohingya, it is still dishonest to put it in the same category as Islamic terrorism.

Last edited:
What can you be flogged for in Saudi Arabia - BBC Newsbeat

Last week the world watched as a Saudi man received the first of a 1000 lashes for the crime of blasphemy. Other crimes against Islam you can be flogged for include adultery, talking to someone of the opposite sex, even a woman driving a car

Absent from the list is advocating terrorism in the name of Allah. Muslims will condemn terrorism after the fact and immediately remind us that most Muslims are peaceful. But they look the other way as Muslim clerics, writers and bloggers openly advocate terror attacks

Until the Muslim world shows the same repulsion for terrorism as they do for blasphemy, adultery and mixing of the sexes, terrorism will flourish

Take a Muslim cleric who calls for terrorism and give him 1000 lashes
Grab someone who openly celebrates 9-11 or Charlie Abdo and give him 1000 lashes

Then see what happens with Muslim terrorism

you do know that that is an act of the moderate muslim?

that's the religion of peace you have been covering for for so many years.

happy to see maher got some of you to think they aren't the victims you've been playing them up to be

What did they do?

Rohingya started crossing into Myanmar when it was under British occupation. In recent years, there have been lot of illegal infiltration from Rohingya of Bangladesh into Myanmar. This followed up with land grabs by Rohingyas. Eventually it flared up into full scale riots in which Rohingya did not come out on top. This does not make them a victim because they started the whole mess. Even if you distribute equal blame to both native Myanmar population and Rohingya, it is dishonest to put it in the same category as Islamic terrorism.

I believe that the comment of some Buddhist priest was---
"they want everything for themselves"-----he did not call
muslims terrorists-----its more like a social economic type fight-----just happens to get a bit violent now and then----
but not to the extend of sri lanka Buddhists vs Tamils
???? I think

What did they do?

Rohingya started crossing into Myanmar when it was under British occupation. In recent years, there have been lot of illegal infiltration from Rohingya of Bangladesh into Myanmar. This followed up with land grabs by Rohingyas. Eventually it flared up into full scale riots in which Rohingya did not come out on top. This does not make them a victim because they started the whole mess. Even if you distribute equal blame to both native Myanmar population and Rohingya, it is dishonest to put it in the same category as Islamic terrorism.

I believe that the comment of some Buddhist priest was---
"they want everything for themselves"-----he did not call
muslims terrorists-----its more like a social economic type fight-----just happens to get a bit violent now and then----
but not to the extend of sri lanka Buddhists vs Tamils
???? I think

In Sri Lanka it was Sinhla vs Tamil. It was a full scale combat between Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) and Sri Lankan army. However, it was mainly an ethnic dispute. The leadership of LTTE was mainly Christian so it did have some religious angle but not much. The scale of fighting in Sri Lanka was much bigger than what happened in Myanmar.

A news program said that since he could not survive all 1000 at one time, he's getting 50 at a time. He was so debilitated by the first 50, they're waiting to give him the next fifty. Pretty sick stuff.

Remembering the American kid in China being flogged.

Of Course.
Only that it was not a kid, it was a stoned mid-twenty hauling beer cans at cars, it was not in China but in Singapore, and he was not flogged (though he really deserved it) because your government intervened because it was the precious skin of a US citicen.

Forum List

Back