The solution to terrorism...........1000 lashes

How to we rid our orchards of blighted apples like Maher?

You hate Maher because he speaks the truth.

Maher is a liberal who upholds liberal values, instead of being just another dogmatic leftist who only knows that he has to defend Islam or else.
I despise him because he is a vile little son of a bitch.

I believe in freedom of speech tempered by the common sense of leaving things best unsaid unsaid.

I don't care if you are a Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, atheist or whatnot, you right to offend should be tempered by some concern for innocents that may be harmed by your free speech.

One wouldn't throw meat in the kid's playground with packs of rabid dogs on the loose.

Might be time to back off the rhetoric and let law enforcement and military take over the battle against terrorists.

excuse me folks----it's been a long time since I ran into MAHER-------what objectionable stuff has he said in
the past few years?

Bill Maher is a true progressive person who is opposed to terrorism, flogging, beheading and other acts which contradict progressive values. Sometimes he says things that can be a bit over the top but for the most part, he is funny and right on the mark.

Maher is a liberal who upholds liberal values, instead of being just another dogmatic leftist who only knows that he has to defend Islam or else.

I believe in freedom of speech tempered by the common sense of leaving things best unsaid unsaid.

I don't care if you are a Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, atheist or whatnot, you right to offend should be tempered by some concern for innocents that may be harmed by your free speech.

One wouldn't throw meat in the kid's playground with packs of rabid dogs on the loose.

Might be time to back off the rhetoric and let law enforcement and military take over the battle against terrorists.

excuse me folks----it's been a long time since I ran into MAHER-------what objectionable stuff has he said in
the past few years?

Bill Maher is a true progressive person who is opposed to terrorism, flogging, beheading and other acts which contradict progressive values. Sometimes he says things that can be a bit over the top but for the most part, he is funny and right on the mark.

when I used to encounter his programs on TV----I did find
him smart and funny------BUT over the past few years I
heard that he OFFENDED lots of people ----------I would like to know what the guy said that bothers people

Mr. Bin laden thought that Americans were polluting the "holy land" back when American troops were in Saudi Arabia in 1990 or so launching the first war in Iraq....We "polluted" the holy land? that is what spurred the attacks on the US homeland back on 9/11/01. I would like to pollute the Holy land once more. A Thermonuclear bomb on MECCA and MEDINA, that would be enough pollution to make them think twice...

the past few years?

heard that he OFFENDED lots of people ----------I would like to know what the guy said that bothers people

He is a comedian. That is what comedians do - poke fun.

the past few years?

yes----but not all comedians manage to OFFEND to a degree that it becomes a scandal------I was not offended by him when I was --------uhm younger----and --of course---well never mind.

Mr. Bin laden thought that Americans were polluting the "holy land" back when American troops were in Saudi Arabia in 1990 or so launching the first war in Iraq....We "polluted" the holy land? that is what spurred the attacks on the US homeland back on 9/11/01. I would like to pollute the Holy land once more. A Thermonuclear bomb on MECCA and MEDINA, that would be enough pollution to make them think twice...

the EXCLUSIONARY rules of Saudi Arabia is provocative in themselves as in "who da hell do dey think they are". I think
that just having such rules creates in their minds----early on---
a sense of superiority to the point of INVULNERABILITY. Imagine growing up as member of a group that excludes
all but YOUR OWN ----from parts of the world and can say to others with full confidence----YOUR PRESENCE POLLUTES ME-----what does that to do the mind of a five year old

Bill Maher spoke out about it a week ago

When you have so many bad apples, there is obviously something wrong with the orchard

Until the Muslim world starts to tend to its orchard, terrorism will flourish

Muslims all over the world have spoken out against terrorist but really, its unreasonable to expect that religion to be responsible for the actions of a few.

Are catholics responsible for the actions of Timothy McVeigh? Or are all christians responsible for Jim Jones or David Koresch? All baptists responsible for Westboro baptist's actions? White supremacists/kkk are domestic terrorists. Should all christians be held responsible for their murders?
Pulling out the hankies after a shocking beheading or terrorist attack does not seem to be working

Until the Muslim world shows the same intolerance of speech in favor of terrorism as they do for speech against Mohammad.......the problem will continue

Muslims have denounced terrorism and it has had no effect.

But, I've never seen the baptist religion denounce Westboro or the catholic religion denounce McVeigh.

It doesn't matter what Muslims say about terrorists. The terrorists believe what they're doing is right and they will not be deterred by the opinion of their religious leaders any more than white supremacists, kkk, Westboro, etc has had any effect on other terrorists.
Yes, they do
They speak out AFTER an attack and quickly remind us how they are a religion of peace

I want them to go beyond that.

Show the same intolerance for speech advocating terrorism as they do against speech against their religion

There is no greater insult to Mohammad than to advocate or commit terrorism in his name

Start applying the same punishments for advocating terror as they do for blasphemy or talking to a woman

1000 lashes for celebrating 9-11 or Charlie Abdo
I have to confess that part of me wants to agree with you and have the Muslim world tend their orchard. But the means to that end are what's making me cringe.

First, beatings go against the rights of mankind.

Secondly, it imagines the Muslim world as a monolithic society. It is clearly not.

Third, it imagines that Muslim world as a place where only state imposed corporal punishment results in a freer society.

And finally, I don't relish living in a world in which people have to be physically beaten for thinking.

the past few years?

yes----but not all comedians manage to OFFEND to a degree that it becomes a scandal------I was not offended by him when I was --------uhm younger----and --of course---well never mind.

To be fair, he pokes fun at everybody. He has made jokes about Hindus, Buddhists, Mormons, Christians, Jews, you name it. He uses particular weakness in an entity to create a funny narrative. This is what essentially satire is. At the moment, terrorism is a weakness in Islam and he creates funny narratives around it. That is all. Remember words cannot hurt you but sticks and stones can. So it is important for us as civilized humans to never give justifications for barbaric acts like terrorism even if the victim has said something offensive. At the end of the day, nothing is more offensive than the act of terror itself.

Last but not least, he has support of secular Muslims and they show it by coming to his shows.

the EXCLUSIONARY rules of Saudi Arabia is provocative in themselves as in "who da hell do dey think they are". I think
a sense of superiority to the point of INVULNERABILITY. Imagine growing up as member of a group that excludes
all but YOUR OWN ----from parts of the world and can say to others with full confidence----YOUR PRESENCE POLLUTES ME-----what does that to do the mind of a five year old
During Ramadan, Eight good stout hearty men, Christians, say, hijack 2 planes and use those same airplanes as human missiles packed full of innocent people and crash them into Mecca and Medina. I wouln't have a problem with that at all.

Bill Maher spoke out about it a week ago

When you have so many bad apples, there is obviously something wrong with the orchard

Until the Muslim world starts to tend to its orchard, terrorism will flourish

Muslims all over the world have spoken out against terrorist but really, its unreasonable to expect that religion to be responsible for the actions of a few.

Are catholics responsible for the actions of Timothy McVeigh? Or are all christians responsible for Jim Jones or David Koresch? All baptists responsible for Westboro baptist's actions? White supremacists/kkk are domestic terrorists. Should all christians be held responsible for their murders?
Pulling out the hankies after a shocking beheading or terrorist attack does not seem to be working

Until the Muslim world shows the same intolerance of speech in favor of terrorism as they do for speech against Mohammad.......the problem will continue

Muslims have denounced terrorism and it has had no effect.

But, I've never seen the baptist religion denounce Westboro or the catholic religion denounce McVeigh.

It doesn't matter what Muslims say about terrorists. The terrorists believe what they're doing is right and they will not be deterred by the opinion of their religious leaders any more than white supremacists, kkk, Westboro, etc has had any effect on other terrorists.
Yes, they do
They speak out AFTER an attack and quickly remind us how they are a religion of peace

I want them to go beyond that.

Show the same intolerance for speech advocating terrorism as they do against speech against their religion

There is no greater insult to Mohammad than to advocate or commit terrorism in his name

Start applying the same punishments for advocating terror as they do for blasphemy or talking to a woman

1000 lashes for celebrating 9-11 or Charlie Abdo
I have to confess that part of me wants to agree with you and have the Muslim world tend their orchard. But the means to that end are what's making me cringe.

First, beatings go against the rights of mankind.

Secondly, it imagines the Muslim world as a monolithic society. It is clearly not.

Third, it imagines that Muslim world as a place where only state imposed corporal punishment results in a freer society.

And finally, I don't relish living in a world in which people have to be physically beaten for thinking.

It seems like we do not know where in the Muslim world we can go to file a complaint against terrorism. To be fair to secular Muslims, they find themselves all alone in their struggle against radical Islam because western governments have traditionally supported and encouraged radical brand of Islam.

the past few years?

To be fair, he pokes fun at everybody. He has made jokes about Hindus, Buddhists, Mormons, Christians, Jews, you name it. He uses particular weakness in an entity to create a funny narrative. This is what essentially satire is. At the moment, terrorism is a weakness in Islam and he creates funny narratives around it. That is all. Remember words cannot hurt you but sticks and stones can. So it is important for us as civilized humans to never give justifications for barbaric acts like terrorism even if the victim has said something offensive. At the end of the day, nothing is more offensive than the act of terror itself.

Last but not least, he has support of secular Muslims and they show it by coming to his shows.

have you ever considered becoming a kindergarten teacher?
You express those necessary life lessons WELL ----however -----not the point. It's ok somewhere I will find out who hates bill maher and why. I used to jump rope to
STICKS AND STONES CAN BREAK MY BONES BUT NAMES CAN NEVER HURT ME-------I am not sure that
my knees would hold up to it anymore

During Ramadan, Eight good stout hearty men, Christians, say, hijack 2 planes and use those same airplanes as human missiles packed full of innocent people and crash them into Mecca and Medina. I wouln't have a problem with that at all.

Lay down the whiskey lady. I do not mean to speak for rightwinger but I doubt this is what he had in his mind when he started this thread. It may come as a surprise to you but this thread is not about bashing Muslims. I know you won't have a problem with it but most of us will have a problem with killing innocent Muslims or any other group of humans.

OK. Lay off the pedandicts, boyo. Innocent and Muslim don't belong together in the same sentence. But you have a point.

What can you be flogged for in Saudi Arabia - BBC Newsbeat

Last week the world watched as a Saudi man received the first of a 1000 lashes for the crime of blasphemy. Other crimes against Islam you can be flogged for include adultery, talking to someone of the opposite sex, even a woman driving a car

Absent from the list is advocating terrorism in the name of Allah. Muslims will condemn terrorism after the fact and immediately remind us that most Muslims are peaceful. But they look the other way as Muslim clerics, writers and bloggers openly advocate terror attacks

Until the Muslim world shows the same repulsion for terrorism as they do for blasphemy, adultery and mixing of the sexes, terrorism will flourish

Take a Muslim cleric who calls for terrorism and give him 1000 lashes
Grab someone who openly celebrates 9-11 or Charlie Abdo and give him 1000 lashes

Then see what happens with Muslim terrorism

Why do you make the case that this is who the Muslims are and then pretend that they're gonna change? The Quran is nothing but a charter for oppression and terrorism. Don't blame these nitwits for living their religion. Blame the religion.

Some people think history is self correcting. It isn't. Before WWII everyone thought that Hitler would just go away. It took a concerted effort of a hell of a lot of people to stop fascism. Islam is like that, terrorism isn't a modern thing, it's a MUSLIM thing. It won't go away if you just pretend that history will just sweep this evil under the rug. Do something to stop them. I know how Winston Churchill felt...Wake up people!

Some people think history is self correcting. It isn't. Before WWII everyone thought that Hitler would just go away. It took a concerted effort of a hell of a lot of people to stop fascism. Islam is like that, terrorism isn't a modern thing, it's a MUSLIM thing. It won't go away if you just pretend that history will just sweep this evil under the rug. Do something to stop them. I know how Winston Churchill felt...Wake up people!

Winston Churchill was a piece of shit.

I love Churchill, and he was a weak human being like the rest of us...Islam is a piece of shit if I ever stepped on it. Islam incites suicide cells, kills artist and is generally evil. But other than that, it's just great.

Forum List

Back