The solution to terrorism...........1000 lashes

Good point. And, he killed in the support of Iraqi people. He was extremely unhappy with the collateral damage U.S. war in Iraq caused. He witnessed it first hand during his tour of duty in Iraq.

But he didn't support Islam. It had nothing to do with religion.

Every religion has it's extremists, it's human nature and in Bhuddism, what is happening in Myanmar is a perfect example. People think certain religions are pacifists, but the reality is - it depends on the followers. There was a quote, wasn't there, by Ghandi - something along the lines of "I love your Christ, it's your Christians I don't like" - Christ was a pacifist with a powerful message. His followers - a mixed bag.

There is no parallel between Islam and Buddhist Dharma. I am familiar with what is happening in Myanmar. I have read your thread about it as well in the past. I still disagree with you. What we saw in Mynmar was a reaction of native Myanmar people towards illegal Muslim infiltrators.

I disagree. Muslims have been there since around the 10th century.

Nope. Illegal Muslim infiltration from Bangladesh is what flared the issue up.

What did they do?

Rohingya started crossing into Myanmar when it was under British occupation. In recent years, there have been lot of illegal infiltration from Rohingya of Bangladesh into Myanmar. This followed up with land grabs by Rohingyas. Eventually it flared up into full scale riots in which Rohingya did not come out on top. This does not make them a victim because they started the whole mess. Even if you distribute equal blame to both native Myanmar population and Rohingya, it is still dishonest to put it in the same category as Islamic terrorism.

Rohingya people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It sounds like the Rohinga have been systematically persecuted and mistreated by the Myanmar Buddhists for a long time. I don't see any difference between Islamic terrorism and Buddhist terrorism in Myanmar - both are religious and often have ethnic or tribal components and both are directed against innocent people.

The issue isn't so much the 1000 lashes which I think is barbaric, but what Muslim society is willing to tolerate

They will look the other way on speech that advocates or celebrates terrorist acts. They may even silently endorse it

But speech that questions islam or advocates the rights of women is worthy of 1000 lashes

There is no parallel between Islam and Buddhist Dharma. I am familiar with what is happening in Myanmar. I have read your thread about it as well in the past. I still disagree with you. What we saw in Mynmar was a reaction of native Myanmar people towards illegal Muslim infiltrators.

I disagree. Muslims have been there since around the 10th century.

Nope. Illegal Muslim infiltration from Bangladesh is what flared the issue up.

What did they do?

Rohingya started crossing into Myanmar when it was under British occupation. In recent years, there have been lot of illegal infiltration from Rohingya of Bangladesh into Myanmar. This followed up with land grabs by Rohingyas. Eventually it flared up into full scale riots in which Rohingya did not come out on top. This does not make them a victim because they started the whole mess. Even if you distribute equal blame to both native Myanmar population and Rohingya, it is still dishonest to put it in the same category as Islamic terrorism.

Rohingya people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It sounds like the Rohinga have been systematically persecuted and mistreated by the Myanmar Buddhists for a long time. I don't see any difference between Islamic terrorism and Buddhist terrorism in Myanmar - both are religious and often have ethnic or tribal components and both are directed against innocent people.

I disagree. There is difference between riot where both parties are battling each other versus attacking unarmed civilians unilaterally.

What can you be flogged for in Saudi Arabia - BBC Newsbeat

Last week the world watched as a Saudi man received the first of a 1000 lashes for the crime of blasphemy. Other crimes against Islam you can be flogged for include adultery, talking to someone of the opposite sex, even a woman driving a car

Absent from the list is advocating terrorism in the name of Allah. Muslims will condemn terrorism after the fact and immediately remind us that most Muslims are peaceful. But they look the other way as Muslim clerics, writers and bloggers openly advocate terror attacks

Until the Muslim world shows the same repulsion for terrorism as they do for blasphemy, adultery and mixing of the sexes, terrorism will flourish

Take a Muslim cleric who calls for terrorism and give him 1000 lashes
Grab someone who openly celebrates 9-11 or Charlie Abdo and give him 1000 lashes

Then see what happens with Muslim terrorism

you do know that that is an act of the moderate muslim?

that's the religion of peace you have been covering for for so many years.

happy to see maher got some of you to think they aren't the victims you've been playing them up to be

There are many Islamic nations that are moderate. For the most part, they are not the ones involved in terrorist attacks.

Those countries with the strictest Sharia Law seem to be not only the ones most involved in terrorism but the ones spitting out terrorist rhetoric

Last week the world watched as a Saudi man received the first of a 1000 lashes for the crime of blasphemy. Other crimes against Islam you can be flogged for include adultery, talking to someone of the opposite sex, even a woman driving a car

Absent from the list is advocating terrorism in the name of Allah. Muslims will condemn terrorism after the fact and immediately remind us that most Muslims are peaceful. But they look the other way as Muslim clerics, writers and bloggers openly advocate terror attacks

Until the Muslim world shows the same repulsion for terrorism as they do for blasphemy, adultery and mixing of the sexes, terrorism will flourish

Grab someone who openly celebrates 9-11 or Charlie Abdo and give him 1000 lashes

happy to see maher got some of you to think they aren't the victims you've been playing them up to be

There are many Islamic nations that are moderate. For the most part, they are not the ones involved in terrorist attacks.

Those countries with the strictest Sharia Law seem to be not only the ones most involved in terrorism but the ones spitting out terrorist rhetoric
what country that has sharia law isn't strict with it?

Iran isn't strict (women wear suits) and they back Hezbola

According to FoxNews......France

if you are talking about the nogo zones, they exist

but nice dodge

if you are talking about the nogo zones, they exist

but nice dodge

You guys are so fucking funny

Never know when to quit

Bill Maher spoke out about it a week ago

When you have so many bad apples, there is obviously something wrong with the orchard

Until the Muslim world starts to tend to its orchard, terrorism will flourish

Muslims all over the world have spoken out against terrorist but really, its unreasonable to expect that religion to be responsible for the actions of a few.

Are catholics responsible for the actions of Timothy McVeigh? Or are all christians responsible for Jim Jones or David Koresch? All baptists responsible for Westboro baptist's actions? White supremacists/kkk are domestic terrorists. Should all christians be held responsible for their murders?
Pulling out the hankies after a shocking beheading or terrorist attack does not seem to be working

Until the Muslim world shows the same intolerance of speech in favor of terrorism as they do for speech against Mohammad.......the problem will continue

Muslims have denounced terrorism and it has had no effect.

But, I've never seen the baptist religion denounce Westboro or the catholic religion denounce McVeigh.

It doesn't matter what Muslims say about terrorists. The terrorists believe what they're doing is right and they will not be deterred by the opinion of their religious leaders any more than white supremacists, kkk, Westboro, etc has had any effect on other terrorists.
Yes, they do
They speak out AFTER an attack and quickly remind us how they are a religion of peace

I want them to go beyond that.

Show the same intolerance for speech advocating terrorism as they do against speech against their religion

There is no greater insult to Mohammad than to advocate or commit terrorism in his name

Start applying the same punishments for advocating terror as they do for blasphemy or talking to a woman

1000 lashes for celebrating 9-11 or Charlie Abdo
I have to confess that part of me wants to agree with you and have the Muslim world tend their orchard. But the means to that end are what's making me cringe.

First, beatings go against the rights of mankind.

Secondly, it imagines the Muslim world as a monolithic society. It is clearly not.

Third, it imagines that Muslim world as a place where only state imposed corporal punishment results in a freer society.

And finally, I don't relish living in a world in which people have to be physically beaten for thinking.

The point is that they ALREADY do this to people for ridiculous reasons. Yet, murder and terrorism? A-okay, or so it seems. That's why so many do it, they are martyred and heroes, according to Islam because that's what it's all about, fighting.

Mr. Bin laden thought that Americans were polluting the "holy land" back when American troops were in Saudi Arabia in 1990 or so launching the first war in Iraq....We "polluted" the holy land? that is what spurred the attacks on the US homeland back on 9/11/01. I would like to pollute the Holy land once more. A Thermonuclear bomb on MECCA and MEDINA, that would be enough pollution to make them think twice...

They are nuts. Absolute nuts. They are angry because they can't stop the modern world from infiltrating their ancient ideologies and beliefs. They don't like education. It makes it more difficult to oppress their people and make them believe that it is the United States who is responsible for their suffering, when it is the fault of their own leaders and, well, themselves as well I suppose.

Muslims all over the world have spoken out against terrorist but really, its unreasonable to expect that religion to be responsible for the actions of a few.

Are catholics responsible for the actions of Timothy McVeigh? Or are all christians responsible for Jim Jones or David Koresch? All baptists responsible for Westboro baptist's actions? White supremacists/kkk are domestic terrorists. Should all christians be held responsible for their murders?
Pulling out the hankies after a shocking beheading or terrorist attack does not seem to be working

Until the Muslim world shows the same intolerance of speech in favor of terrorism as they do for speech against Mohammad.......the problem will continue

But, I've never seen the baptist religion denounce Westboro or the catholic religion denounce McVeigh.

It doesn't matter what Muslims say about terrorists. The terrorists believe what they're doing is right and they will not be deterred by the opinion of their religious leaders any more than white supremacists, kkk, Westboro, etc has had any effect on other terrorists.
Yes, they do
They speak out AFTER an attack and quickly remind us how they are a religion of peace

Show the same intolerance for speech advocating terrorism as they do against speech against their religion

There is no greater insult to Mohammad than to advocate or commit terrorism in his name

Start applying the same punishments for advocating terror as they do for blasphemy or talking to a woman

I have to confess that part of me wants to agree with you and have the Muslim world tend their orchard. But the means to that end are what's making me cringe.

Secondly, it imagines the Muslim world as a monolithic society. It is clearly not.

Third, it imagines that Muslim world as a place where only state imposed corporal punishment results in a freer society.

And finally, I don't relish living in a world in which people have to be physically beaten for thinking.

The point is that they ALREADY do this to people for ridiculous reasons. Yet, murder and terrorism? A-okay, or so it seems. That's why so many do it, they are martyred and heroes, according to Islam because that's what it's all about, fighting.
It's not an either or situation. I don't want them terrorizing us or themselves. And, as I said, i don't relish living in a world where people get beaten for their thoughts and attitudes, do you?

Yes, they do

It's not an either or situation. I don't want them terrorizing us or themselves. And, as I said, i don't relish living in a world where people get beaten for their thoughts and attitudes, do you?
It's not so much the beating but the priorities in deciding who should be beaten

Yes, they do

Of course not, but I think the OP is more of rhetoric, to make people think about the utter backwards assness and absolute douchebaggery of this ideology, where women and children are seen as property and are of less value than your herd of goats. Also, how punishment is doled out by specific Muslim-oriented governments for "sins" against their religious beliefs, but other things such as murder and terrorism seem to go unpunished. Of course, some of these countries do cooperate and would arrest and punish terrorists, while others not so much.

Saudis are too hypocritical. They punish terrorists inside Saudi Arabia but support radicals outside the country. Tell me who doesn't know that Arabian oil income is significantly spent for the world jihad?? You are welcome.

Forum List

Back