The Sound Of Money; Wind Energy Is Booming In Deep Red Republican States

Once again, b-state nazi-dems haven't the IQ to realize that, along with solar panels, e-bikes can also carry a small wind turbine for recharging. The reconnaissance for this project has already been done in Iowa.
Were you aware that wind-driven generators are standard equipment on contemporary military aircraft? They can provide avionics power in cases of engine failure.

Amazing how things will "boom" when there are scores of billions in taxpayer subsidy loot thrown at them.

Well, that's how it works for petroleum! They are MASSIVELY subsidized businesses! And they are exceedingly profitable.

Give people freebies and people like it.

Were you aware that wind-driven generators are standard equipment on contemporary military aircraft? They can provide avionics power in cases of engine failure.
not on any Jet that i ever fixed, they had back up generators that would last about 15 minutes to provide power for emergency landing. On the F15 usually one engine would flame out but would have the 2nd engine for backup but a double flame out, then the APU, would fire up to provide hydraulics and electrical to land with. But alas, i think i will call your bluff on that big ass lie.

Can you imagine a plane doing 250 mph with a wind driven generator on it? The drag would cause so many issues with the flight of the aircraft, unless it was on a Stuka, but we know what that was all about.

What does start an F15 engine and which is the ... - Quora

The auxiliary power unit for the F-15 is the Honeywell JFS 190. The JFS 190 is a single-shaft gas turbine jet fuel starter/auxiliary hydraulic power unit having a maximum power output of approximately 166 shp (123.7 kW). With no bleed, power output is 54 shp (40.26 kW) in a limited-duty mode.

1651261855534.png

Last edited:
Driving west from Oklahoma City to the outskirts of Weatherford, wind turbines don't just dot the landscape; they dominate it.

From oil and gas booms and busts to heavy rains followed by drought, Oklahoma is no stranger to extremes. One constant is the wind, which is so bracingly strong that what locals call a breeze will send hats flying and whip open car doors suddenly.

"We've always had the wind in Oklahoma," said Melva Dickey, a 91-year-old landowner and retired farmer.

Dickey leases her land to Ohio-based utility American Electric Power. With four turbines on her property, she — along with more than 300 other landowners — are harnessing the state's most plentiful natural resource.

And not one dime in subsidies, unlike the oil companies there that cannot compete without tax payer subsidies to pay for them to compete in the market place.
skews has many screws loose.

Well, that's how it works for petroleum! They are MASSIVELY subsidized businesses! And they are exceedingly profitable.

Give people freebies and people like it.
Whatbaoutism.

Also, nearly all of the "subsidies" that you dishonest warmers refer to are things like tax breaks for capital depreciation on equipment, that every other business in the nation gets....Those goofy windmills don't even recoup the $2+ million it takes to erect just one of those eyesores.

Also, nearly all of the "subsidies" that you dishonest warmers refer to are things like tax breaks for capital depreciation on equipment, that every other business in the nation gets....Those goofy windmills don't even recoup the $2+ million it takes to erect just one of those eyesores.

Sorry but the experts and the economists call them subsidies. I can't help it if anonymous randos on some internet discussion forum disagree with the experts and the economists.

I don't give a hoot in hell what your "experts and economists" say...Tax breaks aren't in-kind cash handouts, which is the definition of a "subsidy".

You are wrong.

Sorry about that.

When you start a sentence with "I don't give a hoot in hell with what experts say..." you know you are probably wrong.

You are wrong.

Sorry about that.

When you start a sentence with "I don't give a hoot in hell with what experts say..." you know you are probably wrong.
No, I'm not wrong....You're simply full of shit.

Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total. The remaining 92 percent were implicit subsidies, which took the form of tax breaks

"Implicit subsidies" is a semantic contrivance that your "experts and economists" pull out of their ass, when they have to blow smoke at saps like you.

No, I'm not wrong....You're simply full of shit.

I'm not.

"A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business, or institution, usually by the government. It can be direct (such as cash payments) or indirect (such as tax breaks). The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public, given to promote a social good or an economic policy."

Sorry but the experts and the economists call them subsidies. I can't help it if anonymous randos on some internet discussion forum disagree with the experts and the economists.
Tax incentives does not put more money in their hands, they merely keep theirs. Nothing you paid in! Zippola

Already discussed at length elsewhere.

Go look 'em up if you know how to use the Search function on USMB. If not then learn how to use search functions.
So you got nothing fking go figure

Forum List

Back