The Sound Of Money; Wind Energy Is Booming In Deep Red Republican States

Pending a thread of it's own;

Enviro Groups Pocket Millions from Wind Industry: Report​

By Nathan Worcester April 29, 2022 Updated: April 29, 2022
A new report shows that many high-profile environmental organizations take money from wind power companies, raising questions about their independence and objectivity as the Biden administration pursues large-scale offshore wind projects along the coasts of the United States.

Titled “Conflicts of Interest,” the report was produced by the Save Right Whales Coalition, a group concerned about the potential impact of industrial-scale wind on the endangered North Atlantic right whale.

“Our investigation sought to understand why environmental groups that have worked vigorously to protect right whales have gone silent in the face of massive industrialization of right whale habitat. If the money flow is influencing the actions of these environmental groups, the public deserves to know,” said Lisa Linowes, who belongs to the Save the Right Whales Coalition.

At least $4.2 million in donations are documented in a spreadsheet examined by The Epoch Times.

Bay State Wind, a venture led by the Danish wind turbine giant Ørsted, donated $500,000 to the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, one of the United States’ top research hubs for oceanography, marine science, and related disciplines.

Ørsted also donated an undisclosed sum to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), as proudly advertised on its sponsorship webpage.

The National Audubon Society, known for its bird conservation advocacy, has also accepted funding with ties to the wind industry.

Both the National Audubon Society and Maine Audubon received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the New England Forests and Rivers Fund, which is financed in part by Avangrid and Eversource, both of which have large wind power portfolios.

Ocean Wind, another Ørsted subsidiary, has also funded New Jersey Audubon, as has the offshore wind firm Atlantic Shores.

Pending a thread of it's own;

Enviro Groups Pocket Millions from Wind Industry: Report​

By Nathan Worcester April 29, 2022 Updated: April 29, 2022
A new report shows that many high-profile environmental organizations take money from wind power companies, raising questions about their independence and objectivity as the Biden administration pursues large-scale offshore wind projects along the coasts of the United States.

Titled “Conflicts of Interest,” the report was produced by the Save Right Whales Coalition, a group concerned about the potential impact of industrial-scale wind on the endangered North Atlantic right whale.

“Our investigation sought to understand why environmental groups that have worked vigorously to protect right whales have gone silent in the face of massive industrialization of right whale habitat. If the money flow is influencing the actions of these environmental groups, the public deserves to know,” said Lisa Linowes, who belongs to the Save the Right Whales Coalition.

At least $4.2 million in donations are documented in a spreadsheet examined by The Epoch Times.

Bay State Wind, a venture led by the Danish wind turbine giant Ørsted, donated $500,000 to the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, one of the United States’ top research hubs for oceanography, marine science, and related disciplines.

Ørsted also donated an undisclosed sum to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), as proudly advertised on its sponsorship webpage.

The National Audubon Society, known for its bird conservation advocacy, has also accepted funding with ties to the wind industry.

Both the National Audubon Society and Maine Audubon received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the New England Forests and Rivers Fund, which is financed in part by Avangrid and Eversource, both of which have large wind power portfolios.

Ocean Wind, another Ørsted subsidiary, has also funded New Jersey Audubon, as has the offshore wind firm Atlantic Shores.
That surprised you?

That surprised you?
Not really.
But is a relevant factor to this topic.
Plus, I usually like to document/validate any claims I make.
(Counterpoint to the claims that all opposed to the ACC/AGW agenda are bought by the petro industry.)

Last edited:
Not really.
But is a relevant factor to this topic.
Plus, I usually like to document/validate any claims I make.

Do you make claims or simply copy entire articles?

(Counterpoint to the claims that all opposed to the ACC/AGW agenda are bought by the petro industry.)

I don't actually think those who are opposed to AGW as a real topic are by and large bought off by petroleum. Obviously some folks like WIllie Soon was but it is poor form to simply blame petro $$$$ for forming opinions.

The stunning thing is that Exxon had developed SERIOUS technical leadership in this topic in the 1970's and were actually publishing some solid science in peer reviewed journals. Of course they were of the opinion that AGW was real at that time and it fit well with their business model of expanding out into all manner of energy. Then when a new CEO came in and some belt-tightening had to happen they cut a lot of that and the Exxon AGW studies got shelved and they went back to straight petroleum.

There's money to politicize BOTH sides of the debate, which is why it is always best to look at the SCIENCE and not the politics.

And clearly the "skeptics" on anonymous talk forums aren't paid off by petroleum companies! The petroleum companies wouldn't waste their money on scientific illiterates!

Lol...wind/solar COMBINED provide the country with 7% of grid electricity.

E1833464-FA9C-4E63-9152-9CDEBCC2FE75-e1587712086814-1024x1024.jpeg

Do you make claims or simply copy entire articles?

I don't actually think those who are opposed to AGW as a real topic are by and large bought off by petroleum. Obviously some folks like WIllie Soon was but it is poor form to simply blame petro $$$$ for forming opinions.

The stunning thing is that Exxon had developed SERIOUS technical leadership in this topic in the 1970's and were actually publishing some solid science in peer reviewed journals. Of course they were of the opinion that AGW was real at that time and it fit well with their business model of expanding out into all manner of energy. Then when a new CEO came in and some belt-tightening had to happen they cut a lot of that and the Exxon AGW studies got shelved and they went back to straight petroleum.

There's money to politicize BOTH sides of the debate, which is why it is always best to look at the SCIENCE and not the politics.

And clearly the "skeptics" on anonymous talk forums aren't paid off by petroleum companies! The petroleum companies wouldn't waste their money on scientific illiterates!
I see your reading comprehension skills are still substandard for K-12.

Were you to click the link and read the full article you'd see I didn't (and don"t) copy entire articles. I excerpt portions to give the readers a hint of what's there before sending them blind to an URL, which some posters do. Also, I was conditioned in past years and on other forums to quote/cite sources to avoid copyright violations for myself and/or the forum(s).

Also, I will use those excerpts when what they present is better said and more succinct than what I could do.

What "science" (and math) that has been presented by the pro-ACC/AGW that I've seen has been largely(entirely) "consensus of opinions" based and not real data validating a scientific hypothesis. Hence it is mostly pseudo-science and I'm awaiting something more convincing than coincidences, poorly matched.

I'm aware of Exxon's politically motivated case for "AGW" which was followed by Margaret Thatcher's parroting of such in effort to break the coal miner's strike back then.

Again, if the so-called pseudo-science is going to be used to promote economic, social, and legislative actions to disrupt Western Society/Governments/Economies, then such is very political!

As for "scientific illiterates", IIRC you were outed as such on another thread here just recently.

Forum List

Back