The South's Last, Desperate Stand

Bulimia, cleptomania and murder have all existed through human history. It doesn't mean they're legally equal to a race of people. Behaviors aren't race. How could anyone make this mistake? Behaviors can and do change (Anne Heche). Race never does from birth.

People with bulimia are not denied Civil Marriage.

People with cleptomania are not denied Civil Marriage.

Murders are not denied Civil Marriage.

Blacks were not denied Civil Marriage. Whites were not denied Civil Marriage. The behavior of a white man Civilly Marrying a black woman was denied. The SCOTUS provided that behavior was protected. Speech is also a protected behavior. Assembly is a protected behavior. Private religious behavior is protected. To say that the Constitution does not apply to behaviors is incorrect. Constitutional protections don't only apply to things that are biological.

>>>>

Ah, the best part: 58 of the 67 Counties in Alabama told Moore to go fuck himself.

Jefferson County Probate Judge Alan King and Montgomery County Probate Judge Steven Reed both told reporters their offices would continue to issue licenses to same-sex couples, despite a Jan. 6 administrative order from Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore saying they should obey the state’s man-woman marriage laws until a new ruling came from the state court.

“We can’t pick and choose when we want to be part of the United States and when we want to be a republic unto ourselves,” Judge Reed told the Montgomery Advertiser, adding he viewed Chief Justice Moore’s order as carrying “no legal weight.”

Alabama judges ignore gay marriage order; others obey

Sigh.....though it apparently makes a good distraction from Moore's kid getting indicated on felony charges.

Sigh.....though it apparently makes a good distraction from Moore's kid getting indicated on felony charges.

Caleb Moore, 24, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana.

According to court documents, officers responded to the 1200 block of Allen Street in Troy to a report of an attempted home break-in. They found five men, including Moore, outside near a pickup truck that smelled strongly of marijuana. Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's son arrested, charged with drug possession in Troy

He was busted for smoking a joint. Do you have proof that Justice Moore is retaliating against gays because his son got busted smoking pot?

Oh, Sil? One more question. Since California was bound to the Windsor decision, despite being for a completely different federal circuit......

Silhouette said:
So...as you said so succinctly above..defance of SCOTUS even at the trickle-down level of law, even a subserviant family code law in CA, is still contempt of the US Supreme Court's constitutional Finding in Windsor June 2013. That is the default Law at all levels until appeals are heard.

Why then is Alabama NOT bound to Obergefell because it was in a completely different federal circuit?

Were you lying about Windsor......or are you lying about Obergefell?

Caleb Moore, 24, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana.

According to court documents, officers responded to the 1200 block of Allen Street in Troy to a report of an attempted home break-in. They found five men, including Moore, outside near a pickup truck that smelled strongly of marijuana. Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's son arrested, charged with drug possession in Troy

He was busted for smoking a joint. Do you have proof that Justice Moore is retaliating against gays because his son got busted smoking pot?

And arraigned on January 4th:

Moore, 25, was arrested March 15 in Troy and charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana. The indictment, issued Oct. 28, was made public this week.

An indictment is not a determination of guilt. Instead, it moves the case forward to a circuit court judge and onto a trial track.

His arraignment is set for Jan. 4 before Circuit Judge Jeffery W. Kelley.

Roy Moore's son Caleb indicted on drug charges

And shocker, out of no where and for no particular reason, 48 hours later Justice Moore drops his judicial deuce. Not in response to any case, any appeal, nothing. Just out of the clear blue sky.

But its completely unrelated to his son's arraignment 48 hours earlier?

Laughing......uh-huh.

Oh, Sil? One more question. Since California was bound to the Windsor decision, despite being for a completely different federal circuit......

Silhouette said:
So...as you said so succinctly above..defance of SCOTUS even at the trickle-down level of law, even a subserviant family code law in CA, is still contempt of the US Supreme Court's constitutional Finding in Windsor June 2013. That is the default Law at all levels until appeals are heard.

Why then is Alabama NOT bound to Obergefell because it was in a completely different federal circuit?

Windsor said that all states had the say so on gay marriage; that whatever they said by their majority rule,the fed had to abide by.. California said no. So according to Windsor 2013, gay marraige is and was illegal in California. Both points are irrelevant though. Gay marriage violates necessities (both mother and father to girls and boys) provided to children from the marriage contract for over a thousand years. So, by virtue of the power of infants and contract law re: "necessities", any and all gay marriage contracts are void upon their face.

Oh, Sil....you never did answer my question. Why was california bound to Windsor.....but Alabama not bound to Obergefell? Windsor was 'That is the default Law at all levels until appeals are heard.'.

But Obergefell isn't? Odd, its almost like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Silhouette said:

Windsor said that all states had the say so on gay marriage; that whatever they said by their majority rule,the fed had to abide by.. California said no. So according to Windsor 2013, gay marraige is and was illegal in California.

How? Remember, you've backed Moore's pseudo-legal horseshit that because the USSC ruling was for a different Circuit district that it ddin't apply to Alabama.

Well, Windsor was for a different Circuit district than California. But it *did* apply?

You're explicitly contradicting yourself. Where you wrong with Windsor.....or are you wrong now?

Oh, Sil....you never did answer my question. Why was california bound to Windsor.....but Alabama not bound to Obergefell? Windsor was 'That is the default Law at all levels until appeals are heard.'.

But Obergefell isn't? Odd, its almost like you have no idea what you're talking about.

California was bound to Windsor inasmuch as in California, gay marriage is illegal. I say "is illegal" instead of 'was' because all states are bound to infants and contract laws regarding necessities.

California was bound to Windsor inasmuch as in California, gay marriage is illegal.

You said California was bound because the Windsor ruling was 'default law at all levels'. But for some reason, you insist that Obergefell isn't.

It seems your pseudo-legal gibberish is contradicted by your pseudo-legal gibberish.

Windsor said that all states had the say so on gay marriage; that whatever they said by their majority rule,the fed had to abide by.

No it didn't. The Windsor ruling was about federal law, not state law. It said that if a State approved of SSCM then the federal government could not refuse to recognize it as a valid Civil Marriage.

As a matter of a fact the Windsor ruling points out that it is not "whatever they said by their majority", they said that State laws must be governed and limited by the Constitution. Something in direct conflict on what you are trying (badly) to say.

>>>>

I'll have to admit I've most recently brushed up on infants and contract laws regarding their necessities. Though there are some attorneys who are quite fluent in it. A new arrangement to the marriage contract that seeks to deny children both a mother and father in it; an enjoyment to it they've had for over a thousand years, is to their detriment. And so reading up on infants, contract laws and necessities, I've learned that, therefore, all gay marriage contracts are void upon their face.

I had to admit I was shocked to find such a clear cut and ancient provision of law that protected man/woman marriage so profoundly, for the sake of children. But, there it was. And there it is, still valid and true to this very minute.

I'll have to admit I've most recently brushed up on infants and contract laws regarding their necessities. Though there are some attorneys who are quite fluent in it.

You really haven't. As what you've cited is entertainment law for child actors. Which has nothing to do with marriages. Nor has even one source you've cited recognized marriage of parents as a 'minor contract' for children or that children are married to their parents.

That's you just making shit up. And then laughably calling your imagination 'contract law'.

Alas, it isn't. Which is why none of your pseudo-legal nonsense has a thing to do with actual law.

A new arrangement to the marriage contract that seeks to deny children both a mother and father in it; an enjoyment to it they've had for over a thousand years, is to their detriment. And so reading up on infants, contract laws and necessities, I've learned that, therefore, all gay marriage contracts are void upon their face.

No law recognizes a 'right to opposite sex parents'. Nor does any court ruling. On the other hand, the Obergefell decision explicitly found denying marriage to same sex couples hurts their children. While marriage for same sex parents benefits their chldiren.

Thus, by your own logic, any law that prevents same sex marrriage would be void.

Worse for you, the Obergefell decision explicitly disconnects marriage from children or the ability to have them.

Obergefell v. Hodges said:
The marriage laws at issue thus harm and humiliate the children of same-sex couples. This does not mean
that the right to marry is less meaningful for those who do not or cannot have children. Precedent protects the right of a married couple not to procreate, so the right to marry cannot be conditioned on the capacity or commitment to procreate.

So you ignore the Supreme Court. And ignoring it, insist that all laws and other courts must ignore the Supreme Court and accept whatever you make up.

Which they obviously don't.

Southerners need to embrace the progressivism of places like detroit, philly, chicago, baltimore and newark.......

Forward comrades !!!!

Skylar, you're like a living litmus test. The more vitriol you spew in your replies to the infants/necessities/contracts issue of "gay marriage", the more I feel you fear that issue. In direct proportion.

The brilliance of the South...

slackjawed bible thumping trailer dwellers

You know I have a soft spot for anyone that is poor, I've been there. And I also give room for people that are ignorant, that just means they don't know.

The word stupidity to me is when ignorant people that are poor or middle class actively act against their own best interest. This is what modern conservatism lives on, poor and middle class ignorant people acting against their own best interest. No one wants a handout and I would be happy as anyone else if we didn't have to pay taxes. But we do. And sometimes people need help.

I don't have a problem helping people. Churches and other religious venues help with what they can and I support that. But they cannot meet the need of the millions that need help now and then. If they could the problem would have been solved ages ago.

It is only the collective wealth of a nation that can assist those in dire straights on the scale required.

The video is funny and sad at the same time.

Southerners need to embrace the progressivism of places like detroit, philly, chicago, baltimore and newark.......

Forward comrades !!!!

It's hard to do. Were I to have been so unfortunate to have been brought up in any one of those cities, I might have turned out like Issac Newton. Shudder! Spit! Vomit!

Forum List

Back