The Space Force Flag looks like the Star Trek Logo. What do you think?

I love it. Granted I am a lifelong Star Trek fan but why I think it's so great that they chose to make the Space Force logo look like Star Trek is simply this: To me what is space really about is inspiration and imagination.

From what I understand the Star Fleet logo didn't appear until DS9 which first aired in 1993 the Air Force Command logo has been around since 1982.
You never saw the original series? What shape are the communications badges?

I love it. Granted I am a lifelong Star Trek fan but why I think it's so great that they chose to make the Space Force logo look like Star Trek is simply this: To me what is space really about is inspiration and imagination.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

I think the Roddenberry estate should be suing the pants off of somebody.

Except, the Trekkies stole it from NASA, per their own website. This from Buzzfeed:

According to an article on Star Trek's website, the Starfleet emblem is "a direct descendant of the vector component of the old NASA (and later UESPA) logos."

The design also resembles a golden pin awarded to NASA astronauts in the 1960s, per the article.

So, first came the logo from NASA, then Starfleet, then Air Force Space Command, and now Space Force. Basically, nothing is new and the military and Star Trek have been copying each other for decades.
Well link it up.

You don't think I'm just gonna take a tRumpling's word for it, do you?

We have absolutely no need for a "Space Force" when we can't even pull off a manned orbital mission. All space related functions from other services should be transferred to the Chair Force or maintained as a Joint Command and that is where it should have ended.
I disagree. We have at least two immediate needs for space based defense. One is for defense from hostile satellites designed to capture or destroy our satellites. Another is for a space based asteroid defense system.

These two flags are so similar! Maybe it's justa a coincidence and nothing more.
Or maybe somebody was inspired by Star Trek! Sometimes movies and tv series give some good ideas to the real world!
Anyways I like both flags :) ;)

Kirk and Obama.jpg

My only disappointment is that they won't be using Naval ranks for the officers. I've grown accustomed to the Star Trek series and films using the terms of "Captain" for those in command of the vessels and "Admiral" for the most senior officers.

We have absolutely no need for a "Space Force" when we can't even pull off a manned orbital mission. All space related functions from other services should be transferred to the Chair Force or maintained as a Joint Command and that is where it should have ended.
I disagree. We have at least two immediate needs for space based defense. One is for defense from hostile satellites designed to capture or destroy our satellites. Another is for a space based asteroid defense system.

The first one already exists. The second one is bullshit waste of time and effort you got from watching too many disaster movies.

It is a retarded logo for a retarded "branch" of the military.
According to a retard. You should know, right?

Suck Donnie's big orange balls much?
You really are a retard. Were you born that way or do you have to work at it?

I work very hard at it. When you move out of your mom's basement you might actually have to work too. In the mean time, it is a retarded flag and it is retarded to call this a new branch of the military. It is part of the Air Force. Without the Air force, this program is a Star Trek Convention

Forum List

Back