The State Department is in crisis mode over numerous resignations since January

Career diplomats do not usually come and go with administrations.

I would guess that very few of the high-level diplomats were hired by Hillary Clinton.

Do you honestly think Hillary brought in anything but pond scum and bottom feeders to State?

Hillary brought qualified people in, which is why she:
  • Got the world to go along with sanctions on Russia
  • Got the world to go along with sanctions on Iran
  • Advised Obama to go after OBL in Abbotobad
You mean:
The "Russia Reset?
Selling uranium to the Ruskies?
TPP?
Benghazi?

Drain, baby Drain!

It's called "draining the swamp". It started with the Clintons, carried on with that ditz attorney general and on to Comey. Rock On!

The problem with "draining the swamp" is that all that you're left with after you drain it are pond scum and bottom feeders.
Look, Hillary was SoS for 4 years in the Obama administration. Of course they were pond scum and bottom-feeders!
If you actually read the article, you would know many of these officials began their careers before Clinton.

It's called "draining the swamp". It started with the Clintons, carried on with that ditz attorney general and on to Comey. Rock On!

The problem with "draining the swamp" is that all that you're left with after you drain it are pond scum and bottom feeders.
Look, Hillary was SoS for 4 years in the Obama administration. Of course they were pond scum and bottom-feeders!
If you actually read the article, you would know many of these officials began their careers before Clinton.
If they didn't resign under Clinton, the most corrupted and down-right sleaziest politician America has ever known, it's still draining the swamp!

If they didn't resign under Clinton, the most corrupted and down-right sleaziest politician America has ever known, it's still draining the swamp!
Lol well by that logic Trump was last straw that made them quit.

The "Russia Reset?

Nope.

Selling uranium to the Ruskies?

She didn't do that and had nothing to do with it. It happened after she had already left her position as SoS.

Which we were all set to do, until Conservative nimrods came in and took us out of it. Now, because of that lack of foresight, Trump ceded economic power in East Asia to China. Good job on that one. Dumbass.

Benghazi?

What about Benghazi? What is it you think she did? And how come you haven't said anything about the 4 Marines killed in Niger? What happened there?

Lol well by that logic Trump was last straw that made them quit.
Excellent! Trump has defeated everyone! The establishment elite has truly crumbled.
Yeah and it’s because they think he is a total moron. That’s it. That’s the only reason.
No matter. It's called draining the swamp! Go Trump! We want more!
God I feel sorry for you and your delusional support of a complete idiot.

I DID NOT vote for Hillary!!! I have even less intention of supporting her now than I did during the election. I thought that would be obvious.
Lol before I even clicked your post from the drop down list in my alerts, I knew you were going to deflect to Hillary. It’s all you Trumpsters know how to do when it comes to an honest discussion about Trump.

I DID NOT vote for Hillary!!! I have even less intention of supporting her now than I did during the election. I thought that would be obvious.
Lol before I even clicked your post from the drop down list in my alerts, I knew you were going to deflect to Hillary. It’s all you Trumpsters know how to do when it comes to an honest discussion about Trump.
Since you introduced State Department employees, we need to talk about the Beast and the swamp creatures she brought in. It's that simple.

Yep, long-time senior officials at the State Department are dropping like flies because of Trump’s terrible governing.

State Department senior ranks being depleted at 'dizzying speed'

The U.S.’s ranks of diplomats are losing key leaders at a “dizzying speed” as the State Department struggles to recruit talent amid a hiring freeze and sinking morale in the Trump administration, according to a new essay from a top ambassador.

Sixty percent of the agency’s career ambassadors, the highest rank for diplomats, have retired or quit since January. Nearly half of career ministers — the next level down and equivalent to the military’s three-star generals — are gone too, down to 19 from 33. The next-level minister counselors have seen their numbers drop by 62 diplomats, to 369, since Labor Day “and are still falling,” writes Ambassador Barbara Stephenson, the president of the American Foreign Service Association union.

Without these leaders, the U.S. could face a diminished role on the world stage, unable to keep up with the increasingly aggressive foreign policies of rising countries like China, she argues.
Trump came to power completely unprepared. He has left far too many positions all over the government vacant. This is reaching the point of becoming a serious national security issue.

Many government positions are completely superfluous. You need only one person to screw in a light bulb.

There is no larger bog in the swamp than the State Department.

Who needs diplomats, after all?

Diplomats are fine, so long as they reflect current US policy.

Did you read the article in the OP?

It appears that no one wants to be a diplomat under Trump.

I suspect the feeling is mutual. Hence the departures.

What do you mean "the feeling is mutual"?

Are you saying that Trump doesn't want diplomats?

There is no larger bog in the swamp than the State Department.

Who needs diplomats, after all?

Diplomats are fine, so long as they reflect current US policy.

Did you read the article in the OP?

It appears that no one wants to be a diplomat under Trump.

I suspect the feeling is mutual. Hence the departures.

What do you mean "the feeling is mutual"?

Are you saying that Trump doesn't want diplomats?

He doesn't want those diplomats.

Forum List

Back