The Steele Dossier: How Does it Hold Up?

Ooh! Double down!

That takes some guts. No brains though.

So you’re responding to someone who is brainless? OK...
I'm bored.

So am I. These folks are uneducated idiots.

They come on here to tell us about how the Dossier is a lie, and yet call it a negative. The FBI claims the Dossier not only exists, but parts have been verified. If that is a lie, then prove that is a lie. They can't do it, therefore, they can only debate like idiots. Which is exactly what they are doing, making this boring. Of course, I knew that from the beginning of this thread, that they would only distract from their own weaknesses.

You are the only uneducated idiot. :cuckoo:

No there are many others just like him. Stalinist Leftist trolls.
Oh, and let's not forget some of the other cocktail of tricks in their trade beside deflection; "ad hominem". Lol! This is why they are boring people. Zap them with some information they can't handle, and they call you names. Cute!

Last edited:
Telling someone "can you prove something is a lie" is "proving a negative." That's not the way it works. YOU have to prove they are true. Nobody is under any obligation to "prove a lie." In a court of law the prosecution is under obligation to prove the guilt of the defendant, the defendant is not under any obligation to "prove his innocence."
640x640_4979264.png

Burden of proof (philosophy) - Wikipedia

"A negative claim is a colloquialism for an affirmative claim that asserts the non-existence or exclusion of something.[10]

"Saying, 'You cannot prove a negative,' has been called pseudologic[citation needed] because there are many proofs that substantiate negative claims in mathematics, science, and economics including Arrow's impossibility theorem.[citation needed]

"However, the argument is that it takes only a single example to demonstrate a positive assertion ('there is a chair in this room,' requires pointing to a single chair), while the inability to give examples demonstrates that the speaker has not yet found or noticed examples rather than demonstrates that no examples exist (the negative claim that a species is extinct may be disproved by a single surviving example or proven with omniscience).

"The argument from ignorance is a logical fallacy."

The negative claim that Trump has no empathy may be disproved by a single contradictory example.
Something tells me they don't get it, because they use the "can't prove the negative" card as a deflection. And yet, in their initial arguments, they make the claim that the "Dossier" is a lie. Lol!

But but but...Hillary lost.
Ooh! Double down!

I'm bored.

They come on here to tell us about how the Dossier is a lie, and yet call it a negative. The FBI claims the Dossier not only exists, but parts have been verified. If that is a lie, then prove that is a lie. They can't do it, therefore, they can only debate like idiots. Which is exactly what they are doing, making this boring. Of course, I knew that from the beginning of this thread, that they would only distract from their own weaknesses.

You are the only uneducated idiot. :cuckoo:
Don't break your neck with arguing points there boss.

Published in January of 2017, how much of information made public by Mueller's investigation has buttressed or diminished the essence of Steele's original reporting?

The Steele Dossier: A Retrospective

"The dossier is actually a series of reports—16 in all—that total 35 pages. Written in 2016, the dossier is a collection of raw intelligence. Steele neither evaluated nor synthesized the intelligence.

"He neither made nor rendered bottom-line judgments.

"The dossier is, quite simply and by design, raw reporting, not a finished intelligence product...."

"With that in mind, we thought it would be worthwhile to look back at the dossier and to assess, to the extent possible, how the substance of Steele’s reporting holds up over time.

"In this effort, we considered only information in the public domain from trustworthy and official government sources, including documents released by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office in connection with the criminal cases brought against Paul Manafort, the 12 Russian intelligence officers, the Internet Research Agency trolling operation and associated entities, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos.

"We also considered the draft statement of offense released by author Jerome Corsi, a memorandum released by House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Ranking Member Adam Schiff related to the Carter Page FISA applications and admissions directly from certain speakers.

"These materials buttress some of Steele’s reporting, both specifically and thematically.

"The dossier holds up well over time, and none of it, to our knowledge, has been disproven."
So, how often are you required to prove a negative?

It isn't for anyone to disprove that dossier of lies. It is for you to provide the proof of the allegations.

I agree. From what I've read most of it can't be proven and loads of it are allegations with no proof.
-Actually proving a negative is something that happens all the time. For instance, I can prove I'm not asleep at the moment, if you would claim I was.
In a murder case an alibi can prove someone couldn't have committed a murder, would be another example.
-In regards to the Steele dossier pretty specific allegations were made. The fact that some has been proven, but none has been disproven, might not point to everything in it being true. But it does point to it having a higher likelihood of being true than it has to being untrue. The fact that no obvious discrepancies have been found, means something all in itself.

The fact is that once again Democrats have duped the idiots who continually reelect them. You sir are a moron.

How true is the Trump-Russia dossier? One year later, what we know about its claims

NOTHING of substance in that dossier has been proven true and several things have been proven conclusively false.
Give me one single thing in your link that proves ANYTHING CONCLUSIVELY FALSE? There are only 2 types of allegations listed. Verified and not proven. It's not verified and unverified, or proven and false. Is it reading comprehension, or are you simply hoping I won't click your link?
Probably both!

"Salacious and unverified"...yup must be accurate
Trump–Russia dossier - Wikipedia

"Although the dossier alleged in June 2016 that the Kremlin had been cultivating Trump for 'at least five years', Luke Harding wrote that the Soviet Union had been interested in him since 1987.

"In his book Collusion, Harding asserts that the 'top level of the Soviet diplomatic service arranged his 1987 Moscow visit. With assistance from the KGB.'

"Then-KGB head Vladimir Kryuchkov 'wanted KGB staff abroad to recruit more Americans.'

"Harding proceeds to describe the KGB's cultivation process, and posits that they may have opened a file on Trump as early as 1977, when he married Czech model Ivana Zelníčková; the Soviet spies may have closely observed and analyzed the couple from that time on."

The true extent of Russian involvement in Trump's rise to the presidency will have to wait for Russian intelligence services to open their vaults.

Charges of conspiracy to defraud the US, aiding and abetting, and destruction of our elections and democracy are swirling around Trump and his family, the Steele Dossier is a good road map to determining their validity.

Something tells me they don't get it, because they use the "can't prove the negative" card as a deflection. And yet, in their initial arguments, they make the claim that the "Dossier" is a lie. Lol!
I get the sense "nothing matters" to many Trump supporters. For these individuals, Trump really could take a shot at someone on Fifth Avenue and they would not care unless he missed or apologized. Their echo chamber wildly inflates their perceptions of their numbers, not that one in three US voters is an insignificant number. I expect the next two years will do little to change their minds?

I get the sense "nothing matters" to many Trump supporters. For these individuals, Trump really could take a shot at someone on Fifth Avenue and they would not care unless he missed or apologized. Their echo chamber wildly inflates their perceptions of their numbers, not that one in three US voters is an insignificant number. I expect the next two years will do little to change their minds?
It won't. They've baked themselves into everything wrong about Trump and have chosen his road, because they've always wanted to travel down that road, even though they would tell us differently. Trump brought them out in the open so they can publicly practice racism, xenophobia, misogyny, gay bashing, and their fake Christianity.

"Although the dossier alleged in June 2016 that the Kremlin had been cultivating Trump for 'at least five years', Luke Harding wrote that the Soviet Union had been interested in him since 1987.

"In his book Collusion, Harding asserts that the 'top level of the Soviet diplomatic service arranged his 1987 Moscow visit. With assistance from the KGB.'

"Then-KGB head Vladimir Kryuchkov 'wanted KGB staff abroad to recruit more Americans.'

"Harding proceeds to describe the KGB's cultivation process, and posits that they may have opened a file on Trump as early as 1977, when he married Czech model Ivana Zelníčková; the Soviet spies may have closely observed and analyzed the couple from that time on."

The true extent of Russian involvement in Trump's rise to the presidency will have to wait for Russian intelligence services to open their vaults.

Charges of conspiracy to defraud the US, aiding and abetting, and destruction of our elections and democracy are swirling around Trump and his family, the Steele Dossier is a good road map to determining their validity.

"Salacious and unverified" is the Progressive Gold Standard. Run with that!

"Salacious and unverified"

Published in January of 2017, how much of information made public by Mueller's investigation has buttressed or diminished the essence of Steele's original reporting?

The Steele Dossier: A Retrospective

"The dossier is actually a series of reports—16 in all—that total 35 pages. Written in 2016, the dossier is a collection of raw intelligence. Steele neither evaluated nor synthesized the intelligence.

"He neither made nor rendered bottom-line judgments.

"The dossier is, quite simply and by design, raw reporting, not a finished intelligence product...."

"With that in mind, we thought it would be worthwhile to look back at the dossier and to assess, to the extent possible, how the substance of Steele’s reporting holds up over time.

"In this effort, we considered only information in the public domain from trustworthy and official government sources, including documents released by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office in connection with the criminal cases brought against Paul Manafort, the 12 Russian intelligence officers, the Internet Research Agency trolling operation and associated entities, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos.

"We also considered the draft statement of offense released by author Jerome Corsi, a memorandum released by House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Ranking Member Adam Schiff related to the Carter Page FISA applications and admissions directly from certain speakers.

"These materials buttress some of Steele’s reporting, both specifically and thematically.

"The dossier holds up well over time, and none of it, to our knowledge, has been disproven."
I invite any USMB wingnut to show one item that has been proven false, from the Steele Dossier.
That's not going to happen. Trump already made that attempt with Nunez to discredit the dossier with their bogus memo that was a total failure. By the way, has anyone seen Nunez lately? :laughing0301:

Wingnuts got their butts kicked over the Dossier. They won't be back with anything more than lies. You can almost set your watch to it. Just wait.

You lost
Who lost what?

Also from that link:

The Mueller investigation has clearly produced public records that confirm pieces of the dossier. And even where the details are not exact, the general thrust of Steele’s reporting seems credible in light of what we now know about extensive contacts between numerous individuals associated with the Trump campaign and Russian government officials.

There is nothing else to say. You lost and you can keep pouting like toddlers for the next two years, but you lost. End of story :21:
You used to be a decent poster who could make a logical argument. But trump has touched you, and everything trump touches turns to shit. You can’t debate any more because trump is indefensible. So you’re reduced to taunts of “you lost”. Pathetic. Try to find your dignity, dude.

It won't. They've baked themselves into everything wrong about Trump and have chosen his road, because they've always wanted to travel down that road, even though they would tell us differently. Trump brought them out in the open so they can publicly practice racism, xenophobia, misogyny, gay bashing, and their fake Christianity.
suckers.jpg

From last March:

"President Trump’s most urgent political problem doesn’t involve Robert S. Mueller III, Stormy Daniels, Vladimir Putin or the hundreds of thousands of voters who marched for gun control. Rather, it’s that his die-hard supporters might be starting to realize how thoroughly he has played them for suckers."

Opinion | Trump has played his supporters for suckers

"Russian assistance to the Trump campaign

"Main articles: Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections and Trump Tower meeting

"A January 6, 2017, intelligence community assessment released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership favored the Trump candidacy over Clinton's, and that Putin personally ordered an 'influence campaign' to harm Clinton's electoral chances and 'undermine public faith in the US democratic process,' as well as ordering cyber attacks on 'both major U.S. political parties'.[186]

"Newsweek stated that 'the dossier's main finding, that Russia tried to prop up Trump over Clinton, was confirmed by' this assessment.[104]

"ABC News stated that 'some of the dossier's broad implications—particularly that Russian President Vladimir Putin launched an operation to boost Trump and sow discord within the U.S. and abroad—now ring true.'[49]

"Referring to the ODNI assessment, former Los Angeles Times Moscow correspondent Robert Gillette wrote in an op-ed in the Concord Monitor that the dossier has had at least one of its main factual assertions verified ... Steele's dossier, paraphrasing multiple sources, reported precisely the same conclusion, in greater detail, six months earlier, in a memo dated June 20.'"

Are you surprised when a corrupt con man, who's been laundering money for the Russian Mafia for decades, relies on a Russian gangster to win the White House?
putin-smirk.jpg

Will you sob like a snowflake when he's frog-marched off the oblivion?

"Main articles: Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections and Trump Tower meeting

"A January 6, 2017, intelligence community assessment released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership favored the Trump candidacy over Clinton's, and that Putin personally ordered an 'influence campaign' to harm Clinton's electoral chances and 'undermine public faith in the US democratic process,' as well as ordering cyber attacks on 'both major U.S. political parties'.[186]

"Newsweek stated that 'the dossier's main finding, that Russia tried to prop up Trump over Clinton, was confirmed by' this assessment.[104]

"ABC News stated that 'some of the dossier's broad implications—particularly that Russian President Vladimir Putin launched an operation to boost Trump and sow discord within the U.S. and abroad—now ring true.'[49]

"Referring to the ODNI assessment, former Los Angeles Times Moscow correspondent Robert Gillette wrote in an op-ed in the Concord Monitor that the dossier has had at least one of its main factual assertions verified ... Steele's dossier, paraphrasing multiple sources, reported precisely the same conclusion, in greater detail, six months earlier, in a memo dated June 20.'"

Are you surprised when a corrupt con man, who's been laundering money for the Russian Mafia for decades, relies on a Russian gangster to win the White House?
putin-smirk.jpg

putin-smirk.jpg

Lol

Lol

Ooh! Double down!

I'm bored.

You feel all better about yourself after posting this? LOL. You really believe DJT is a Russian spy?
They call it agent. And he's either an agent or he has serious troubles doing what Presidents are supposed to do. Why don't you give a better explanation for stuff like this?
Bombshell report reveals new details about Trump's Oval Office meeting with Russians after he fired Comey

It is difficult to trust the very biased media. Trump has been much tougher on Russia than the previous regime.

I invite any USMB wingnut to show one item that has been proven false, from the Steele Dossier.

You rape children.

Prove you are innocent.
Ooh! Double down!

I'm bored.

You feel all better about yourself after posting this? LOL. You really believe DJT is a Russian spy?
What's there to feel better about? Debating idiots only makes me feel like one. The problem is, the Left can't find any wingers with any intelligent arguments on this board. They can only deflect. And I just gave a perfect example of that in my previous post.

Huh?

Forum List

Back