The stock market is on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression

Tariff negotiation has been getting discussed for the last year(?). If not mistaken, Canada and Mexico have deals, and China is considering a deal. Can't see tariffs being the problem.
Not much changed with Canada and Mexico, which is fine. Maybe you haven't noticed, but we have some big new tariffs with China. That's a big new tax on us. Not good for an economy, and investors know that.

And we're getting closer to a deal with China.
What's the deal going to be that we pay more for their goods?

Sigh...
That's a yes?

No, that's a how the hell would I know, but what the heck how about we pay triple for their goods...feel better?

So which policy(s) do you feel are responsible?
All this tariff silliness is clearly quite the problem.

Tariff negotiation has been getting discussed for the last year(?). If not mistaken, Canada and Mexico have deals, and China is considering a deal. Can't see tariffs being the problem.
Not much changed with Canada and Mexico, which is fine. Maybe you haven't noticed, but we have some big new tariffs with China. That's a big new tax on us. Not good for an economy, and investors know that.

LOL...like you are privy to inside information.

Where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that a trade deal is closer?

Not Trump bullshit or bureaucratic rhetoric or news service guesses...unbiased, factual proof?

I bet you can provide no such link.
Regardless I can't see this deal being anything great. The new Nafta is hardly changed at all. And yet it still went from the worst trade deal ever to being great. Go figure. The shit people will believe.

See what happens when you get a democrat house, they are scared

It is nothing whatsoever to do with the House...you are obviously just spinning furiously to try and take blame off of Trump.

The DOW nosedived in January as well. Was that on the House as well?

As Fox Business rightly points out:

'U.S. stocks closed sharply lower Monday, deepening annual losses, ahead of the final Federal Reserve policy meeting of the year and amid continued worries about the impact a trade war with China may have on the U.S. economy. At the lows of the afternoon the Dow Jones Industrial Average had fallen more than 600 points.'

Dow, S&P 500, Nasdaq in the red for 2018

You see any mention of the House in there?

No one on Wall Street with any sense gives a shit about the Dem House.

Bullshit Maxine is taking Barney Frank's old job ..they are scared to death..

Fine...show me one respected, economics news service that says that the main reason for the equity markets falling this month is due to the Dems taking over the House in January? NOT a commentary...a news report.

I bet you that you cannot provide one...which means your words mean NOTHING on this.

Last edited:

Sigh...
That's a yes?

No, that's a how the hell would I know, but what the heck how about we pay triple for their goods...feel better?
I don't see that helping us. Usually you negotiate for better pricing. What kinda backwards stupidity is this?

So which policy(s) do you feel are responsible?

Not Trump bullshit or bureaucratic rhetoric or news service guesses...unbiased, factual proof?

Trump Says U.S. and China Are Getting Much Closer to Trade Deal

See what happens when you get a democrat house, they are scared

It is nothing whatsoever to do with the House...you are obviously just spinning furiously to try and take blame off of Trump.

The DOW nosedived in January as well. Was that on the House as well?

As Fox Business rightly points out:

'U.S. stocks closed sharply lower Monday, deepening annual losses, ahead of the final Federal Reserve policy meeting of the year and amid continued worries about the impact a trade war with China may have on the U.S. economy. At the lows of the afternoon the Dow Jones Industrial Average had fallen more than 600 points.'

Dow, S&P 500, Nasdaq in the red for 2018

You see any mention of the House in there?

No one on Wall Street with any sense gives a shit about the Dem House.

Bullshit Maxine is taking Barney Frank's old job ..they are scared to death..

Fine...show me one respected, economics news service that says that the main reason for the equity markets falling this month is due to the Dems taking over the House in January? NOT a commentary...a news report.

I bet you that you cannot provide one...which means your words mean NOTHING.
The market been shit all year. They must have predicted the dems were going to win. The stupid things partisans make up...

Sigh...
That's a yes?

I don't see that helping us. Usually you negotiate for better pricing. What kinda backwards stupidity is this?

The only stupidity that would make you happy.

Trump Says U.S. and China Are Getting Much Closer to Trade Deal
Gee and he has a history of being so honest... But I don't doubt it could end at any time. I just don't think it will benefit us at all.

Sigh...
That's a yes?

Paying more doesn't make me happy.

Regardless I can't see this deal being anything great. The new Nafta is hardly changed at all. And yet it still went from the worst trade deal ever to being great. Go figure. The shit people will believe.

Agreed. China can read the polls - they know Trump is almost certainly a lame duck. They also know that whomever takes office after he leaves will drop all the trade crap.

So why would they give huge concessions?

They will probably give a minor concession which allows Trump to make it sound huge (when it really is little/nothing) so he can try and save face.

Paying more doesn't make me happy.

Yet it helps fulfil your liberal agenda....go figure.

my god souplines must be everywhere

And if this happened on Obama's watch - you would undoubtedly be calling it terrible.

Obviously no soup lines everywhere.

But if you want your manchild to be re-elected...you better hope to God this is not the beginning of bad times. Trump is at 40% in the respected polls with a 'great' economy. With a bad one - he will nose dive.
Case ya didnt know market doesn't = economy...…..

Agreed. China can read the polls - they know Trump is almost certainly a lame duck. They also know that whomever takes office after he leaves will drop all the trade crap.

They will probably give a minor concession which allows Trump to make it sound huge (when it really is little/nothing) so he can try and save face.
Yes just like the new nafta. Barely changed, but they will act like there is some huge win. Some people will even believe it.

And if this happened on Obama's watch - you would undoubtedly be calling it terrible.

But if you want your manchild to be re-elected...you better hope to God this is not the beginning of bad times. Trump is at 40% in the respected polls with a 'great' economy. With a bad one - he will nose dive.
Another Warning That A 2019 Recession Is Coming

Yes just like the new nafta. Barely changed, but they will act like there is some huge win. Some people will even believe it.

Some? Tens of millions of Trumpbots.

Ridiculous. They just blindly believe whatever they are told.

Last edited:

Auto workers here would disagree........more being built here........LOL

Auto workers here would disagree........more being built here........LOL
Yeah going great.
GM Warns Ohio: 1,607 Lordstown workers to lose jobs

We went over 200 years without Free Trade Agreements without Great Depressions..........negotiated trade one on one.......a give and take process...........now the house of cards blames a fart in the wind for ups and downs.........

QE inflated the markets.........as did cheap money from the Fed..........all they need is a rumor and stocks plunge or boom........insanity.

Another Warning That A 2019 Recession Is Coming
until of course Christmas sales figures hit.....talked to someone yesterday,,,sales alrdy double last yrs...….

Forum List

Back