The "Total Transformation System" for disobediant children

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Save your money. Tried and true methods work for a helluva lot less money.

wooden-spoon.jpg

Wooden spoon - apply directly to the buttocks.

:)

Nope. Id never betray my daughters trust in her physical safety and give her physical pain

Ill pass

Nope. Id never betray my daughters trust in her physical safety and give her physical pain

Ill pass

Negative reinforcement properly implemented isn't a lifelong thing. After a while children understand disobediance equals pain. If you have to spank lifelong you're doing it wrong.

Ill pass

Negative reinforcement properly implemented isn't a lifelong thing. After a while children understand disobediance equals pain. If you have to spank lifelong you're doing it wrong.
Ill spank never. I find it inappropriate and a failure of any parent who has to do so, for not using the fuckin' brain in their skull to discipline in other ways.

Ill pass

Ill spank never. I find it inappropriate and a failure of any parent who has to do so, for not using the fuckin' brain in their skull to discipline in other ways.

Children need parents, not friends. When a parent gives their child a command, hesitation can get them killed, secondguessing or disobeying can as well. The parent-chidl relationship is not a democracy it's a dictatorship but one where good parents will keep their kids alive a long time by teaching them obediance. "No texting or cellphones in the car." "No driving if you've been drinking, call me or Mom." If a child overrules their parent everything needs to stop and those parents need the talking-to. A good smack upside the head works too.

Ill pass

Children need parents, not friends. When a parent gives their child a command, hesitation can get them killed, secondguessing or disobeying can as well. The parent-chidl relationship is not a democracy it's a dictatorship but one where good parents will keep their kids alive a long time by teaching them obediance. "No texting or cellphones in the car." "No driving if you've been drinking, call me or Mom." If a child overrules their parent everything needs to stop and those parents need the talking-to. A good smack upside the head works too.
They need a parent who is a teacher and a friend.

That you cant think past physical discipline is a brain deficiency. Its a lack of creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving, and also runs the risk of losing your childs trust and sending that same spiral on for generations.

Dicks on the internet cant tell me squat on how to parent my own kid.

Ill pass
My sister had that philosphy.

Her daughter is now a junkie with Hep-C.

But, she never experienced the pain of the rod, or the word no.

You go for it.

Ill pass

In behavioral terms, as in the total transformation program I assume, hitting your child is positive punishment. Removing the spanking parent would be negative reinforcement.

Ill pass

That you cant think past physical discipline is a brain deficiency. Its a lack of creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving, and also runs the risk of losing your childs trust and sending that same spiral on for generations.

They need parents.

Friends are a dime a dozen.

Ill pass
My sister had that philosphy.

Her daughter is now a junkie with Hep-C.

But, she never experienced the pain of the rod, or the word no.

You go for it.
Hey, the whole non physical discipline thing isnt for everyone. Some people are failures both ways.

Ill pass

They need parents.

Parents can be parents and friends.

How?

I guess to you.....MAGIC!

Each child is diffferent and thinking parents know that.
Thinking parents figure out what works best for each child.
For some children, a spanking is the best form of discipline, for others it is not.

"Time Out" was a popular discipline for children for many years. This involves removing them from social interaction with other people. If a child is highly extroverted and loves social interaction, then time out is a very effective punishment. But does anybody talk about the psychological damage that isolating a highly social child can cause? No, they just think they are superior because they didn't spank the child not realizing that time out was potentially emotionally devestating to the child and maybe fucked up their developing psyche.

Each child is diffferent and thinking parents know that.
Thinking parents figure out what works best for each child.
For some children, a spanking is the best form of discipline, for others it is not.

"Time Out" was a popular discipline for children for many years. This involves removing them from social interaction with other people. If a child is highly extroverted and loves social interaction, then time out is a very effective punishment. But does anybody talk about the psychological damage that isolating a highly social child can cause? No, they just think they are superior because they didn't spank the child not realizing that time out was potentially emotionally devestating to the child and maybe fucked up their developing psyche.
Seems an odd thought pattern.

Removing a social child from a social setting isn't removing the child from socializing permanently, whereas physically betraying your child destroys the trust they have in you for their safety.

Children at the age of needing discipline tactics arent always retarded. Reasoning works, no need to inflict your allmighty physical dominance.

The time outs I witnessed were making the kid stay in his/her room. But they could still play nintendo and watch tv in there. Like, big whoop. They never went outside anyway...their room was their sanctuary. So not much of punishment.

Wooden spoons, branches, belts...no. I got all those and it just made me hate my mother more than I already did.

My method was if my kid reached for something and I said no and he reached again, I smacked the hand. Enough to smart a bit but not hard enough to damage that little hand. When he got older, all I had to do was give him the evil eye. Prior to that, it was a swat on the ass..via his jeans..which DID hurt my hand worse than his butt.

They need parents.

How?

You know my family situation and my relationship with my kids?

They need parents.

How?

You know my family situation and my relationship with my kids?
I know your post implied that parents cant also be friends.

And if thats not what it meant, it was really kinda pointless.

Save your money. Tried and true methods work for a helluva lot less money.

wooden-spoon.jpg

:)

Using anything other than your hand is child abuse IMO.

Seems an odd thought pattern.

Removing a social child from a social setting isn't removing the child from socializing permanently, whereas physically betraying your child destroys the trust they have in you for their safety.

Children at the age of needing discipline tactics arent always retarded. Reasoning works, no need to inflict your allmighty physical dominance.
I suppose that for the unthinking it might appear as an odd thought that removing a highly social person from social interaction isn't harmful to them. I beg to differ.
I'm unsure what your "retarded" comment is supposed to mean, children are learning, not "retarded". Talk about an odd thought, read what you posted.
Spankings aren't "physical betrayal", simply a possible means of discipline. Please note, I didn't say spanking was the best option or only option, merely an option for certain children.

I must admit, your linguistic gymnastics are quite adept, but I won't be wrestled into the corner you are attempting to place me into.

Forum List

Back