The tragic life of slaves around the World

This is happening right now - all over the world. Imagine living in such misery! The hopelessness you would feel being a slave - owned by someone else! These people need our prayers. This is tragic. Truly tragic. When you go to bed tonight, hug your children, your spouse, your cats, your dogs and thank God that you are not experiencing such an awful existence. Remember to say a prayer for those who are not so fortunate. If there is one thing we can be grateful for right now - it is our freedom. We are a free people. Thank God for liberty and the right to decide where you will go tomorrow and what you will do. There is so much we Americans take for granted. Tonight it is good time to remember how blessed we truly are.

Trafficked into slavery on Thai trawlers to catch food for prawns Global development The Guardian

There is nothing but a jagged line of splinters where Myint Thein’s teeth once stood – a painful reminder, he says, of the day he was beaten and sold on to a Thai fishing boat.

The tattooed Burmese fisherman, 29, bears a number of other “reminders” of his life at sea: two deep cuts on each arm, calloused fingers contorted like claws and facial muscles that twitch involuntarily from fear. For the past two years, Myint Thein has been forced to work 20-hour days as a slave on the high seas, enduring regular beatings from his Thai captain and eating little more than a plate of rice each day. But now that he’s been granted a rare chance to come back to port, he’s planning something special to mark the occasion: his escape.

Using a pair of rusty scissors, Myint Thein chops off his long, scraggly locks. He rinses himself down with a hose, slips on his only pair of trousers and, peering out at his surroundings, remembers not to open his mouth too wide. A man with no teeth is easy to remember.
Story on the link

Truly tragic. Consider the anguish of the parents of kidnapped Yazidi girls who have been made sex-slaves for Allah's "warriors."
BBC News - Yazidi women tell of sex-slavery trauma

Makes the assholes here marching in protest look pretty stupid, doesn't it?
Therein lies the stupidity of some people. I guess your stance is that if someone has it worse than you its ok for you to be mistreated. What a dumb ass.

I do not believe that is what has troubled you, Asclepias. I believe you have been hit with the reality that the people in NY and Ferguson have nothing to complain about. They are living like kings and queens compared to these people being posted on this thread. They protest to destroy property, smash and grab and justify this by reliving the story of how an armed robber who refused to stand down is now dead because a police officer dared to defend himself. The other one refused to obey the law - resisted arrest and had a heart attack in an ambulance and for this you think these people are justified in inciting the people of America to violence against Police Officers? Resulting in the death of 2 officers and for what? So they can have some free television sets? The trouble here is that the entitlement mindset has gone into overdrive and now people believe they are justified in armed robbery and law breaking with no consequences. It is time to face reality. True injustice is what you see in these photographs. You've got nothing to complain about and neither does any other red blooded American in this country. Thank God you live here and stop behaving as if the world owes you a living. It does not.

If the protesters in America do not stop this nonsense and start having a grateful heart for the great privilege of being an American? I believe God will have to wake all of you up Himself! You won't like it either!

Mark my words! That day is Coming! It is surely Coming!
Pardon me but thats a bunch of BS. Different circumstances entirely. The people all over this country has just as much right to draw attention to brutality no matter how it looks compared to someone elses plight. They have slavery right here in the US if you really want to precise. It makes no sense to not protest. What you are advocating is that we allow our situaton to grow just as bad as theirs then and only then is it right to complain. Well at that point you wont have much of a voice left will you?

You keep it up and the Communists will make sure we have it just as bad. Cut the nonsense! I have heard enough! You and your protester buddies are going to create a situation in which our freedoms will be a thing of the past! You can be sure the sharks are circling the waters even now just waiting for the moment we are vulnerable enough to blindside us and take us down hard. America is becoming more and more vulnerable to an outside attack because a nation divided is destined to fall. WAKE UP.

And stop trying to derail my thread. This isn't Ferguson, Tootsie bell. I am not putting up with it.
Who said the Communists will be able to do anything? I dont remember the last time a communist society worked in the modern world. I'm speaking of protesting racism. No I wont cut anything and I dont care if you have had enough. You cant tell me allowing brutality in any form to exist is helping someone in slavery. You are in essence saying keep quiet or the monsters will get you to. I'm not a timid person. If you are afraid go hide somewhere. I make a lot of noise. I'm not derailing your thread. The racist harlot Gracie did that.

People do what they can do. There are a plethora of groups addressing third world plight. They may be conservative Christian churches digging wells, clearing/planting fields, etc, billionaires like Bill Gates trying to drive innovations like waterless toilets, or liberals like David Milliband trying to raise money to get food to refugees. We each get to decide what we do with our time, money and energies. We don't get to decide what other people's priorities are.

Makes the assholes here marching in protest look pretty stupid, doesn't it?
Therein lies the stupidity of some people. I guess your stance is that if someone has it worse than you its ok for you to be mistreated. What a dumb ass.

I do not believe that is what has troubled you, Asclepias. I believe you have been hit with the reality that the people in NY and Ferguson have nothing to complain about. They are living like kings and queens compared to these people being posted on this thread. They protest to destroy property, smash and grab and justify this by reliving the story of how an armed robber who refused to stand down is now dead because a police officer dared to defend himself. The other one refused to obey the law - resisted arrest and had a heart attack in an ambulance and for this you think these people are justified in inciting the people of America to violence against Police Officers? Resulting in the death of 2 officers and for what? So they can have some free television sets? The trouble here is that the entitlement mindset has gone into overdrive and now people believe they are justified in armed robbery and law breaking with no consequences. It is time to face reality. True injustice is what you see in these photographs. You've got nothing to complain about and neither does any other red blooded American in this country. Thank God you live here and stop behaving as if the world owes you a living. It does not.

If the protesters in America do not stop this nonsense and start having a grateful heart for the great privilege of being an American? I believe God will have to wake all of you up Himself! You won't like it either!

Pardon me but thats a bunch of BS. Different circumstances entirely. The people all over this country has just as much right to draw attention to brutality no matter how it looks compared to someone elses plight. They have slavery right here in the US if you really want to precise. It makes no sense to not protest. What you are advocating is that we allow our situaton to grow just as bad as theirs then and only then is it right to complain. Well at that point you wont have much of a voice left will you?

You keep it up and the Communists will make sure we have it just as bad. Cut the nonsense! I have heard enough! You and your protester buddies are going to create a situation in which our freedoms will be a thing of the past! You can be sure the sharks are circling the waters even now just waiting for the moment we are vulnerable enough to blindside us and take us down hard. America is becoming more and more vulnerable to an outside attack because a nation divided is destined to fall. WAKE UP.

And stop trying to derail my thread. This isn't Ferguson, Tootsie bell. I am not putting up with it.
Who said the Communists will be able to do anything? I dont remember the last time a communist society worked in the modern world. I'm speaking of protesting racism. No I wont cut anything and I dont care if you have had enough. You cant tell me allowing brutality in any form to exist is helping someone in slavery. You are in essence saying keep quiet or the monsters will get you to. I'm not a timid person. If you are afraid go hide somewhere. I make a lot of noise. I'm not derailing your thread. The racist harlot Gracie did that.

Al Sharpton is a Communist. So is the Mayor of NY. You are living in a country - America - that has been targeted by Communists. This is no joke. The Communists among us want to drive the nation over the cliff - that is why they are busing protesters all over the country and bankrolling this Protest. Stop contributing to your own demise , Asceplias. Once we go over the cliff - there is no going back. So think exit strategy because in this scenario? There isn't one.

Please apologise to Gracie or you'll have to take back your own words on the Respect thread you started. You will recall we both agreed everyone should be treated with respect. No pre - qualifying. She is a nice woman. Let's be nice. Thank you.

This is happening right now - all over the world. Imagine living in such misery! The hopelessness you would feel being a slave - owned by someone else! These people need our prayers. This is tragic. Truly tragic. When you go to bed tonight, hug your children, your spouse, your cats, your dogs and thank God that you are not experiencing such an awful existence. Remember to say a prayer for those who are not so fortunate. If there is one thing we can be grateful for right now - it is our freedom. We are a free people. Thank God for liberty and the right to decide where you will go tomorrow and what you will do. There is so much we Americans take for granted. Tonight it is good time to remember how blessed we truly are.

Trafficked into slavery on Thai trawlers to catch food for prawns Global development The Guardian

There is nothing but a jagged line of splinters where Myint Thein’s teeth once stood – a painful reminder, he says, of the day he was beaten and sold on to a Thai fishing boat.

The tattooed Burmese fisherman, 29, bears a number of other “reminders” of his life at sea: two deep cuts on each arm, calloused fingers contorted like claws and facial muscles that twitch involuntarily from fear. For the past two years, Myint Thein has been forced to work 20-hour days as a slave on the high seas, enduring regular beatings from his Thai captain and eating little more than a plate of rice each day. But now that he’s been granted a rare chance to come back to port, he’s planning something special to mark the occasion: his escape.

Using a pair of rusty scissors, Myint Thein chops off his long, scraggly locks. He rinses himself down with a hose, slips on his only pair of trousers and, peering out at his surroundings, remembers not to open his mouth too wide. A man with no teeth is easy to remember.
Story on the link

Truly tragic. Consider the anguish of the parents of kidnapped Yazidi girls who have been made sex-slaves for Allah's "warriors."
BBC News - Yazidi women tell of sex-slavery trauma

Yes, I read an article about a slave over there who was begging the US to bomb the place she was kept. She wanted to die rather than live in that misery. What suffering the world is enduring. This very second!

People do what they can do. There are a plethora of groups addressing third world plight. They may be conservative Christian churches digging wells, clearing/planting fields, etc, billionaires like Bill Gates trying to drive innovations like waterless toilets, or liberals like David Milliband trying to raise money to get food to refugees. We each get to decide what we do with our time, money and energies. We don't get to decide what other people's priorities are.

Whose deciding? If my thread convicts the hearts of some folks who are protesting brutality and suddenly see they have no complaints compared to the rest of the world and recognize they have taken things for granted? It's an opportunity to change. I think its time Americans became more grateful don't you?

Al Sharpton is a Communist. So is the Mayor of NY. You are living in a country - America - that has been targeted by Communists. This is no joke. The Communists among us want to drive the nation over the cliff - that is why they are busing protesters all over the country and bankrolling this Protest. Stop contributing to your own demise , Asceplias. Once we go over the cliff - there is no going back. So think exit strategy because in this scenario? There isn't one.

Please apologise to Gracie or you'll have to take back your own words on the Respect thread you started. You will recall we both agreed everyone should be treated with respect. No pre - qualifying. She is a nice woman. Let's be nice. Thank you.
Al Sharpton is many things but a communist he is not. Even if he was there is nothing wrong with communist ideas. I'm not contributing to my demise. I will be fine regardless of who is charge.

I will apologize to Grace when she apologizes for calling me a negro and a ****** and assuming I should be fine it.

Whose deciding? If my thread convicts the hearts of some folks who are protesting brutality and suddenly see they have no complaints compared to the rest of the world and recognize they have taken things for granted? It's an opportunity to change. I think its time Americans became more grateful don't you?
Why do you keep saying they have no complaints? Its pretty self evident they have complaints and thats why they are protesting.

If my thread convicts the hearts of some folks who are protesting brutality and suddenly see they have no complaints compared to the rest of the world and recognize they have taken things for granted? It's an opportunity to change. I think its time Americans became more grateful don't you?
You live in a truly mental bizarro world. ...... :cuckoo:

Tragic, yes....and to think that the barbarians in ISIS are also selling Yahziti captives as sex slaves....all in the name of their God, it is gut wrenching. We are truly blessed in this country.

Why do you keep saying they have no complaints? Its pretty self evident they have complaints and thats why they are protesting.

Complaints? Do you realize that we as a people are richer than 92% of the rest of the world? If you have a bed, a roof and some pocket change - not even a savings account - you're in that 8%. Do you know that people living in the 10/40 window live on approximately a dollar a day? Do you know why America was so hated all these years? They envy our freedom! Keep this up? And we will lose it. Then you'll see how quickly today will seem like a dream. When you do not have it any longer. We never appreciate something until it's gone. Ask any person who has lived under a communist regime and they will tell you . They are even seeing the signs clearly, Asceplias. And openly warning us.

Last edited:

Complaints? Do you realize that we are as a people are richer than 92% of the rest of the world? If you have a bed, a roof and some pocket change - not even a savings account - you're in that 8%. Do you know that people living in the 10/40 window live on approximately a dollar a day? Do you know why America was so hated all these years? They envy our freedom! Keep this up? And we will lose it. Then you'll see how quickly today will seem like a dream. When you do not have it any longer. We never appreciate something until it's gone. Ask any person who has lived under a communist regime and they will tell you . They are even seeing the signs clearly, Asceplias. And openly warning us.

You are my fellow American. You are NOT my enemy, nor am I yours. We are Americans. The enemy is Communism. You know what most of these people have in common in these stories - the very worst stories? THEY LIVE IN COMMUNIST NATIONS. It's a warning. We've got to wake up.

Tragic, yes....and to think that the barbarians in ISIS are also selling Yahziti captives as sex slaves....all in the name of their God, it is gut wrenching. We are truly blessed in this country.

There were 150 women put to death recently over there. Can you imagine?

I don't care if people are grateful or not. As I indicated, people can only decide for themselves what they do with their energies. If you want to turn that into gratitude, so be it.

Forum List

Back