The Trendy New Political Lie

so you want to not pay the dues but get all the benifits that the union brings to the workers?

Heres a deal for you.

You get to refuse to pay the union dues but have to go back to being paid what they paid before the union negociated for all the paying members.

You have to accept the old pay and the lack of benifits that were there BEFORE the unions.

Is it a deal?

Heres a deal for you.

You get to refuse to pay the union dues but have to go back to being paid what they paid before the union negociated for all the paying members.

You have to accept the old pay and the lack of benifits that were there BEFORE the unions.

Is it a deal?

That would assume I am some brain dead fuck who cannot think or negotiate for myself.... That is more the description of a union stooge, not someone who has advanced and made it on their own....

I worked as a non-union engineer in a company where many of the engineers with the same background were forced to join a union if they were in a certain group working on a certain technology... Just because I did not use their union and their union negotiated whatever compensation and benefits starting in 1970something, does not mean I go back to 1970's wages.. you see, I can determine my value, what I want, what I need, what I like etc all on my own.. it is called THINKING... something the likes of you does not like to do, twatwaffle

Why would any person, who is not rich, be opposed to unions?

I don't know if this is a rhetorical question, but I'll try to provide three legitimate reasons to at least be concerned about modern-day unions, issues to consider. Since I'm not "opposed" to unions, you'll have to check with someone else on that one.

1. Short Term Costs/Competition
Artificially increasing labor costs above what would otherwise be market value increases the costs of doing business in an intensely competitive domestic/global business environment. And, unless each employee is representing a net revenue gain for the business (and that simply won't happen), these artificially high labor costs will hamstring the company from hiring more people, capital expenditures, expansion, etc.

2. Long Term Costs
It's widely-known that perhaps the biggest problem created by many union contracts (especially public-sector unions) is the generous retirement/pension packages promised to exiting/former employees. Many of these pension packages were/are based on highly improbable investment return assumptions (essentially forced by the union negotiations) that are simply not coming to fruition, not even close. So now companies and bureaucracies nationally are facing the fact that not only are these long-term promises crippling their ability to spend now, they're crippling the businesses well into the future.

3. Quality
Quality control, cost control and the ability of a company to enforce them are absolutely critical and necessary in an ever-increasing competitive environment. If a union contract has built-in inefficiencies to protect jobs (you can pick up this box but not that box, you can turn this lever but not that lever), each inefficiency may contribute to a decrease in quality and/or cost control. And while many seem to think that any given employer has bottomless pockets, that is simply not the case.

This just isn't as simplistic as "workers deserve more money", "you didn't build that" or "you don't really own that". It's a complicated issue, and both ends of it need to do a significantly better job of understanding the other. Instead, they're both controlled by their emotions and their political commitments. Finding equilibrium is simply not a priority right now.

Both sides need to start thinking.

Not holding my breath.

Right to work means that one can work in a union shop, gain the benefits of union wages, and not pay union dues.

It has nothing to do with helping people get jobs, it has everything to do with busting unions.

No asshole, it means you have the right to CHOOSE to join a union or KNOT and you have the right to CHOOSE to pay dues or KNOT. it means you cannot be forced to do either by UNION THUGS. HA! and I thought liberals were all about CHOICE. guess KNOT huh?

Or tie Don Knotts into a knot? Union thugs? Man, you should study spelling as much as you do your partisan playbook!

I do KNot think so

Right to work means that one can work in a union shop, gain the benefits of union wages, and not pay union dues.

It has nothing to do with helping people get jobs, it has everything to do with busting unions.

I call it the right to work for LESS

I call unions "the right to destroy the company I work for so no one has a job"

Not necessairly new, but a lie never the less. It's going to go down in flames in Ohio. Believe that!

Facts — Right to Work Is Wrong for Everyone

942897_10200549875222506_956968175_n.jpg

True.

It’s the ‘right’ to have a low-paying job with no benefits and zero job security.

Why do you people say this shit over and over when you've been proven wrong on a regular basis?
I have never held a job that did not supply health care,dental,vision,401k,sick days,paid holidays,paid vacations,the list goes on.
You have no idea of what you speak of.

Forum List

Back