The Trump Shutdown

Lesh

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2016
The House and Senate have passed a "clean" Continuing Resolution to keep the government open until February

House and Senate agree on CR through Feb. 8 -- FCW

Trump is refusing to sign it.

But then Trump said he;d be PROUD to shut down the government and prevent thousands from receiving paychecks thru Christmas

This is on TRUMP.

All he has to do is sign the bill

The dem hypocrites voted for walls in 2006 and 2014, now they are whining about it. Trump wants a real wall but only where needed. The $5b is not a show-stopper and can be justified by cost savings on illegals. I'd even add a "remittances tax" on money sent back to Mexico to pay for the wall.

The dem hypocrites voted for walls in 2006 and 2014, now they are whining about it. Trump wants a real wall but only where needed. The $5b is not a show-stopper and can be justified by cost savings on illegals. I'd even add a "remittances tax" on money sent back to Mexico to pay for the wall.

we have exactly what Trump wants already built - a steel slat fence.

he has no need to shut down the country.

Dems offered him $25 billion for DACA and he said no. Now he and you can go fuck yourselves.

Anyone with a functioning brain recognizes that he's being a baby throwing a temper tantrum when things don't go his way.

Either Trump shuts the government down and faces the backlash for it. Or he caves and looks like a pussy.

I'm good with either outcome. This is a lose-lose for him.

Dems offered him $25 billion for DACA and he said no. Now he and you can go fuck yourselves.

Slow down your camel, Jack.
Chuck Schumer offered $25 billion for border wall, now wants to take it off the table

we have exactly what Trump wants already built - a steel slat fence.

he has no need to shut down the country.
----------------------------------- not going to shut me or my Depolrables down Siete . Military still works , Border Patrol on Duty , Krogers is open and all is fine Siette . .

Anyone with a functioning brain recognizes that he's being a baby throwing a temper tantrum when things don't go his way.

Either Trump shuts the government down and faces the backlash for it. Or he caves and looks like a pussy.

--------------------- well , i'm good with a shut down . We Deplorable voted for TRUMP to get us a Border Wall . So hopefully we get a WALL Money or a silly 'gov' shut down . I'll never notice the shutdown XChaos .

So in reality, there weren't enough Republican votes to pass the bill, the Democrats voted it down, and once again, they own yet another government shutdown.

Thank you Democrats. That's exactly what I wanted you to do.

Du9bLe5X4AANIFe

What a coincidence that the Scrooge comes out in Schumer right before Christmas. All over the safety of its citizens for legal immigration.

So in reality, there weren't enough Republican votes to pass the bill, the Democrats voted it down, and once again, they own yet another government shutdown.

Thank you Democrats. That's exactly what I wanted you to do.
--------------------------------- and just more proof that 'democrats' like and encourage the invasion of third world illegal aliens into the USA eh ??

The House and Senate have passed a "clean" Continuing Resolution to keep the government open until February

But then Trump said he;d be PROUD to shut down the government and prevent thousands from receiving paychecks thru Christmas

This is on TRUMP.

Why do you support kicking the can down the road AGAIN? Why the fuck can't these people come up with a budget? It's not as if this was a surprise. It was supposed to be done by October 1. So they postponed it 'til December 21. Now they want to postpone it again until February 28?
NO. No matter what this tussle is about, make them fix it.
Hundreds of thousands of federal employees are going to be on furlough and services people count on will be closed.
I hope among the President's tweeting duties he has found time to do the work necessary when a shutdown is imminent.

This is on TRUMP.

Why do you support kicking the can down the road AGAIN? Why the fuck can't these people come up with a budget? It's not as if this was a surprise. It was supposed to be done by October 1. So they postponed it 'til December 21. Now they want to postpone it again until February 28?
NO. No matter what this tussle is about, make them fix it.
Hundreds of thousands of federal employees are going to be on furlough and services people count on will be closed.
I hope among the President's tweeting duties he has found time to do the work necessary when a shutdown is imminent.
----------------------------- Not much sympathy for FED Employees as far as Deplorables are concerned and from what i hear OldLady .

This is on TRUMP.

The House and Senate are not tasked by the United States Constitution with passing a Continuing Resolution each year. They are tasked with passing an official budget. Every time they do so they FAIL in their duty / responsibility. This is not a 'victory' or something to be proud of / to celebrate.

This is Congress continuing to kick the proverbial can down the road while refusing to address the huge issues / funding challenges we face.

This is on TRUMP.

There was never a bill to sign.
Fake News

--------------------- well , i'm good with a shut down . We Deplorable voted for TRUMP to get us a Border Wall . So hopefully we get a WALL Money or a silly 'gov' shut down . I'll never notice the shutdown XChaos .

Fine with me. Shut it down.

You had two years to get this done. Good luck getting the wall passed when the Democrats have the House.

Maybe Trump can still pull some strings and get Mexico to pay for this?

Forum List

Back