The Trump shutdown

The partial US government shutdown entered its fourth day on Tuesday after leading to heavy losses in the securities markets and without any agreement in sight yet regarding the funds US President Donald Trump is demanding to build portions of his much-touted wall along the border with Mexico.

The Senate, which in this situation is taking the initiative in the budget talks, will meet on Thursday at 4 pm to try and resolve the budget impasse, but neither the White House nor the Democratic opposition is disposed to give ground, thus creating a scenario in which the shutdown could last into January.

“I can’t tell you when the government is going to be open. I can tell you it’s not going to be open until we have a wall, a fence, whatever they would like to call it,” Trump said on Christmas Day in the Oval Office after talking with US troops on the telephone, reports Efe.

Good. BUILD THE FUCKING WALL. MAKE THE DEMS CAVE.

LOL
You mean make the Republicans cave.
They don't want it either, dope.

Yep. ONly the people want it.

Then lay off the Dems. You can't blame the opposition for not doing what your own party won't do.

THey both deserve massive blame.

Controlling who enters the nation, is the most basic level of good governance.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL. DEPORT ALL THE ILLEGALS. NOW.

Place the blame where it belongs. With the president. It was his idea and his promise that he made despite there being no popular support for it. Obviously he has failed to rally the necessary support for it. That is his failing. Congress is not obliged to jump through hoops to save him politically.

Perhaps this was a fool's errand to begin with.

President Trump has beautifully exposed the how deep the Corrupt Democratic Party's greed for power and money really is.
Democrats will put illegal aliens ahead of American Citizens.
They will allow non-citizens to cancel-out the votes of citizens.
They will protect Drug Cartels, Human Traffickers, Gangs and pander to the racist Aztlan Nationalist and disregard the wellbeing of Americans.

immigrationracistJORGERAMOSpos2.jpg

Trump is delivering on his promises and as long as he does that the people who voted for him will vote for him again.

Some will, but some will not. And chances are this sort of thing will not gain him a single vote.

Libs insisted that Trump would not do this. If he actually does it, anyone who supported border security but believed the libs that Trump would not do this, would have it proven that Trump WOULD DO it, because he HAS.

That should get him quite a few votes.

I wonder if this is a bridge too far ?
People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

It is just about the most shocking thing he has dont so far.

He should have done this in the first budget. He was stupid to wait.

There were no Republican votes for it in the House.

He won the election based on this issue. If he had pushed, the people would have pressured the GOP, and they would have caved.

Maybe he should have applied the great negotiating skills he's touted his entire life.

Maybe Democrats should look up the definition of "negotiating".

He needs the Republicans first, dope.

Good. BUILD THE FUCKING WALL. MAKE THE DEMS CAVE.

LOL
You mean make the Republicans cave.
They don't want it either, dope.

Yep. ONly the people want it.

Then lay off the Dems. You can't blame the opposition for not doing what your own party won't do.

THey both deserve massive blame.

Controlling who enters the nation, is the most basic level of good governance.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL. DEPORT ALL THE ILLEGALS. NOW.

Place the blame where it belongs. With the president. It was his idea and his promise that he made despite there being no popular support for it. Obviously he has failed to rally the necessary support for it. That is his failing. Congress is not obliged to jump through hoops to save him politically.

Perhaps this was a fool's errand to begin with.

The problem predates President Trump by generations.

He is the first to seriously address it.

Blaming him makes no sense.

I blame him for not moving on keeping his promise sooner, but he appears to be making a Good Faith attempt finally.

Controlling who and what enters the nation is not a fools errand. It is the most basic function of good governance.

Trump is delivering on his promises and as long as he does that the people who voted for him will vote for him again.

Some will, but some will not. And chances are this sort of thing will not gain him a single vote.

Libs insisted that Trump would not do this. If he actually does it, anyone who supported border security but believed the libs that Trump would not do this, would have it proven that Trump WOULD DO it, because he HAS.

Assuming border security is a top issue for them. Otherwise this will not help. Shutdowns always hurt the economy as a whole, and if he actually shuts down the border (which I do not think he will) he will cost billions since no goods will be able to flow either way. The economy wins way more votes than a wall with nothing else being done about illegals.

Assuming border security is a top issue for them. Otherwise this will not help. Shutdowns always hurt the economy as a whole, and if he actually shuts down the border (which I do not think he will) he will cost billions since no goods will be able to flow either way. The economy wins way more votes than a wall with nothing else being done about illegals.

The economy has been good, and it did not translate to more votes in the midterms.

The Left has demonstrated that propaganda is more powerful that good governance.

People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

Well they did, trump won on border wall. Statistically you are incorrect
People voted for a wall that Mexico would pay for. He was very clear about that. I saw him on the tv saying it. Therefore I am correct.

Just think if TRUMP does get the wall a few years after it's completed dems could start hysteria on tearing it down. You guys could organize all kinds of protests and marches along the wall.
It really doesn't have to be built for you guys to start with your hysteria protesting. If it's funded you guys could lay on the ground, block equipment, and other nonsense stuff your side is good at, to stop building. It could be like the Wall St. protest campout. Honestly when you think about it dems are silly to not fund the wall.

People voted for a wall that Mexico would pay for. He was very clear about that. I saw him on the tv saying it. Therefore I am correct.
They voted for a wall.

The economy has been good, and it did not translate to more votes in the midterms.

The Left has demonstrated that propaganda is more powerful that good governance.

I thought the Rebpus counted the midterms as a victory since they picked up a couple senate seats.

it is so hard to keep up!

But, that aside, even with a good economy it did not help much, imagine what a sinking economy will do. And the odds are by 2020 we will experience a recession of some sort.

We are 115 months into a period of economic expansion. The longest such period the country has ever had was 120 month. The chances of it lasting for 130 plus months are slim, regardless of what Trump does. And his trade wars are not helping, they are in fact hurting.

He said it, no SCREAMED it at every freaking rally!
Build the wall. How else will you be able to invoice Mexico ?

He said it, no SCREAMED it at every freaking rally!
Build the wall. How else will you be able to invoice Mexico ?

You are a little slow. If Mexico were going to pay for it the government would not be partially shutdown

I thought the Rebpus counted the midterms as a victory since they picked up a couple senate seats.

it is so hard to keep up!

But, that aside, even with a good economy it did not help much, imagine what a sinking economy will do. And the odds are by 2020 we will experience a recession of some sort.

We are 115 months into a period of economic expansion. The longest such period the country has ever had was 120 month. The chances of it lasting for 130 plus months are slim, regardless of what Trump does. And his trade wars are not helping, they are in fact hurting.

"Rebpus"?

He won the election based on this issue. If he had pushed, the people would have pressured the GOP, and they would have caved.

Maybe he should have applied the great negotiating skills he's touted his entire life.

How is that possible when repubs have always said it's our way or the highway??

People voted for the Wall. Your deflection is the act of an asshole troll.
All border states polled are against the wall
And trump had no path to the White House. You dudes never stop with the Deceit and stupid

How is that possible when repubs have always said it's our way or the highway??
Link

We don't care who pays for it, get it done!

People voted for the Wall. Your deflection is the act of an asshole troll.
Who will pay for the wall ?
Mexico !!

Are you saying that he was lying ?
Not really, build the wall, deport the illegals. The savings alone we would save by Mexico supporting it's own citizens again would pay for the wall.

Forum List

Back