Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
The Bible was a book written by ignorant Bronze age sheepherders who didn't know where the sun went at night. The Book of Mormon was written by a petty con man who wanted to pork 14 year old girls. Neither has anything of worth to offer.

Shitbag bigots like you have nothing of any worth to offer because you yourself are of no worth.

I kinda hafta agree with Joe. But here, link me up with the Book of Mormons chapter that will get me started, I'd be interested to check it out.

The only thing I would recommend the Book of Mormon for is a cure for insomnia. It is horribly written and kind of boring. You won't get past the first chapter.

But here's a nice link with some commentary that puts it into perspective.

Skeptic's Annotated Book of Mormon

The Bible was a book written by ignorant Bronze age sheepherders who didn't know where the sun went at night. The Book of Mormon was written by a petty con man who wanted to pork 14 year old girls. Neither has anything of worth to offer.

Shitbag bigots like you have nothing of any worth to offer because you yourself are of no worth.

Quit getting your magic underpants in a bunch, guy...

Quit getting your magic underpants in a bunch, guy...

I've already told you that you guessed wrong there, shitforbrains.

Ok, I read a bunch of Nephi books. Where do this guy's stories come from? Takes up a lot of pages for a really douche story.

What I take issue with is the secrecy. I read the book "Secret Ceremonies" and the authoress was immediately excommunicated from the Mormon Church when it was published. I do not believe in organized religion. I think that Joseph Smith was likely very schizhophrenic and had delusions, hallucinations, you name it. If anybody came up with the stuff he did today, they'd be locked up in a mental hospital.

Keeping the inside of the temples secret only leads one to believe you have something to hide. I've been in St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. Nothing secretive about it.

Not to say that most Mormons I've ever know have truly been very nice people and they don't preach at all, which is nice, but I just don't believe any of what they have to say.

Ok, I read a bunch of Nephi books. Where do this guy's stories come from? Takes up a lot of pages for a really douche story.

Well if you actually did read it(you didn't) it explains where it comes from. You didn't read the nephi books because they're pretty long and they're not in order back to back. Read again before I take your comment seriously.

What I take issue with is the secrecy. I read the book "Secret Ceremonies" and the authoress was immediately excommunicated from the Mormon Church when it was published. I do not believe in organized religion. I think that Joseph Smith was likely very schizhophrenic and had delusions, hallucinations, you name it. If anybody came up with the stuff he did today, they'd be locked up in a mental hospital.

Keeping the inside of the temples secret only leads one to believe you have something to hide. I've been in St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. Nothing secretive about it.

Not to say that most Mormons I've ever know have truly been very nice people and they don't preach at all, which is nice, but I just don't believe any of what they have to say.

I can see your point.... Now try to see mine....

So you've read this book called "Secret Ceremonies"... What about the book causes you to take issue with the religion. Obviously this lady has issues with us. What were her issues?
There are things which are very sacred which should not be thrown out in the open to people who do not understand them. That is why we don't openly talk about the ceremonies.
But I've said this before and I'll say it again. If someone from the outside were to watch the ceremonies inside the temple they wouldn't be overwhelmed by any of it. They would learn more about Christ and our beliefs on the afterlife but that's all there is to it.

There have been rumors of all kinds of weird things that happen simply because outsiders love to speculate. But there is no strange ceremonies, nothing sexual in the remotest way, no blood, no weirdness of any kind. It is simple, meditative and quiet. All the ceremonies are symbolic of our commitment to follow the commandments of God and prepare for the next life. That is all there is to say on the matter.

Now you say that you have met nothing but nice people from our faith but don't believe anything we say. What is it that you don't believe that we have to say? We're so nice and pleasant, but certainly not to be trusted. That's an interesting combination indeed.

Now your claims of Joseph Smith being a fantastic combination of schitzofrenic, delusional, hallucinative, and anything else you can think of is very indicative of a major flaw in your thinking.
Schitzofrenic~ manifests itself with auditory hallucinations while others are watching and telling others they are seeing or hearing things while those around them do not. Manifested by scattered conversation, disorderly speech and loud or fearful tones, paranoia(which is unbased fear).

If you knew anything about Joseph Smith, or the writings he wrote or the orations he gave in great detail and eloquence, you would know that it was impossible for someone as calm and collected and organized as he, to fit the diagnosis of Schitzofrenia. He never had scattered or disorderly speech or paranoia. His precautions taken to protect himself and his family were based on real attempts on his life and real assaults he suffered, so paranoia is a lable impossible to put on Smith. To prounounce your own death in advance is to put paranoia to the test. He was proven a prophet, not paranoid as the prediction came true as he was murdered shortly thereafter.
You could accuse him of hallucinations and I would at least have to respect that as a person who doesn't believe Smith saw the visions he saw. That's something for you to find out on your own between you and God. No one can have the revelations for you. You'd have to have them yourself. That's fine, we'll agree to disagree on this one.

Delusional(from Wiki):
Delusional disorder is an uncommon psychiatric condition in which patients present with circumscribed symptoms of non-bizarre delusions, but with the absence of prominent hallucinations and no thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening effect.[1] For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.[2]

Very interesting, so we've already ruled out Schitzophrenia, but wait, Joseph claimed to have visions. So either he had real visions, or lied about having them, or was having hallucinations, which by definition would exclude him from being delusional by diagnosis. Pay attention to how delusion is manifested below (from Wiki):
To be diagnosed with delusional disorder, the delusion or delusions cannot be due to the effects of a drug, medication, or general medical condition, and delusional disorder cannot be diagnosed in an individual previously diagnosed with schizophrenia. A person with delusional disorder may be high functioning in daily life and may not exhibit odd or bizarre behavior aside from these delusions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic (believes that someone famous is in love with him/her), grandiose (believes that he/she is the greatest, strongest, fastest, most intelligent person ever), jealous (believes that the love partner is cheating on him/her), persecutory (believes that someone is following him/her to do some harm in some way), somatic (believes that he/she has a disease or medical condition), and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtypes.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders.

Ok so we've found that there are six types of deluded persons. Which one would you ascribe to Smith?
1. erotomanic(ruled out as no documented or accused examples found)
2. grandiose(ruled out as the only grandiose ideas he had came from visions which deluded people don't have as he claimed to have seen God. We've established deluded people don't have visions. Schitzophrenics and hallucinators do)
3. jealous(ruled out as he had no documented jealousies)
4. persecutory(ruled out as his persecutions actually did happen)
5. somatic(ruled out as he was fit and never thought he was sick unless he actually was)
6 mixed(ruled out as he had none of the above)

So it is clear that with a little mental effort on your part you will realize your initial statement was lazy and irresponsible. Please try harder.

Last edited:

Well if you actually did read it(you didn't) it explains where it comes from. You didn't read the nephi books because they're pretty long and they're not in order back to back. Read again before I take your comment seriously.

Well I read a bunch of it, they go into the wilderness then the dad sends the kids back to town for some pussy. What's the point of these chapters?

So you've read this book called "Secret Ceremonies"... What about the book causes you to take issue with the religion. Obviously this lady has issues with us. What were her issues?
There are things which are very sacred which should not be thrown out in the open to people who do not understand them. That is why we don't openly talk about the ceremonies.
But I've said this before and I'll say it again. If someone from the outside were to watch the ceremonies inside the temple they wouldn't be overwhelmed by any of it. They would learn more about Christ and our beliefs on the afterlife but that's all there is to it.

There have been rumors of all kinds of weird things that happen simply because outsiders love to speculate. But there is no strange ceremonies, nothing sexual in the remotest way, no blood, no weirdness of any kind. It is simple, meditative and quiet. All the ceremonies are symbolic of our commitment to follow the commandments of God and prepare for the next life. That is all there is to say on the matter.

Now you say that you have met nothing but nice people from our faith but don't believe anything we say. What is it that you don't believe that we have to say? We're so nice and pleasant, but certainly not to be trusted. That's an interesting combination indeed.

Now your claims of Joseph Smith being a fantastic combination of schitzofrenic, delusional, hallucinative, and anything else you can think of is very indicative of a major flaw in your thinking.
Schitzofrenic~ manifests itself with auditory hallucinations while others are watching and telling others they are seeing or hearing things while those around them do not. Manifested by scattered conversation, disorderly speech and loud or fearful tones, paranoia(which is unbased fear).

If you knew anything about Joseph Smith, or the writings he wrote or the orations he gave in great detail and eloquence, you would know that it was impossible for someone as calm and collected and organized as he, to fit the diagnosis of Schitzofrenia. He never had scattered or disorderly speech or paranoia. His precautions taken to protect himself and his family were based on real attempts on his life and real assaults he suffered, so paranoia is a lable impossible to put on Smith. To prounounce your own death in advance is to put paranoia to the test. He was proven a prophet, not paranoid as the prediction came true as he was murdered shortly thereafter.
You could accuse him of hallucinations and I would at least have to respect that as a person who doesn't believe Smith saw the visions he saw. That's something for you to find out on your own between you and God. No one can have the revelations for you. You'd have to have them yourself. That's fine, we'll agree to disagree on this one.

Delusional(from Wiki):
Delusional disorder is an uncommon psychiatric condition in which patients present with circumscribed symptoms of non-bizarre delusions, but with the absence of prominent hallucinations and no thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening effect.[1] For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.[2]

Very interesting, so we've already ruled out Schitzophrenia, but wait, Joseph claimed to have visions. So either he had real visions, or lied about having them, or was having hallucinations, which by definition would exclude him from being delusional by diagnosis. Pay attention to how delusion is manifested below (from Wiki):
To be diagnosed with delusional disorder, the delusion or delusions cannot be due to the effects of a drug, medication, or general medical condition, and delusional disorder cannot be diagnosed in an individual previously diagnosed with schizophrenia. A person with delusional disorder may be high functioning in daily life and may not exhibit odd or bizarre behavior aside from these delusions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic (believes that someone famous is in love with him/her), grandiose (believes that he/she is the greatest, strongest, fastest, most intelligent person ever), jealous (believes that the love partner is cheating on him/her), persecutory (believes that someone is following him/her to do some harm in some way), somatic (believes that he/she has a disease or medical condition), and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtypes.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders.

Ok so we've found that there are six types of deluded persons. Which one would you ascribe to Smith?
2. grandiose(ruled out as the only grandiose ideas he had came from visions which deluded people don't have as he claimed to have seen God. We've established deluded people don't have visions. Schitzophrenics and hallucinators do)
5. somatic(ruled out as he was fit and never thought he was sick unless he actually was)

So it is clear that with a little mental effort on your part you will realize your initial statement was lazy and irresponsible. Please try harder.

You've not convinced me, but . . . I've done a lot of volunteer work and research on schizophrenia. May of them have very high IQs and can be and are quite functional in life. It is not at all improbable that he was suffering from some sort of mental illness. I mean seeing God? come on! I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. You believe what you want and live how you want, I've no problem with that. I just don't happen to swallow it.

Before my mother in law died, she said she "saw God" - it was a hallucination no doubt. Joseph Smith came about at a time when people were for the most part uneducated and were quite gullible. People will believe what they want to believe. The Mormon church is big business and all too secretive for me.

For one thing in the book Secret Ceremonies she points out that you all believe you won't go to heaven if you're not married. She describe the wierd ceremony that takes place before the marriage. Please explain why everything is so secretive. I have know Mormons who have broken away from the church who say their very lives could be threatened if they blabbed. I mean the gal who wrote the book was excommunicated.

I can think somebody is nice, but I don't have to agree with them on their religion, do I? I just DON'T happen to believe that heaven waits for only he who congregates. The mental hospitals are full of people who profess just what Joseph Smith did, I've heard them with my own ears!

Last edited:
Mormons are good lovely people,but they're mislead by lies of a false prophet Joseph Smith Jr.Our goal is to helps them to know The Love of Jesus and truth as He warned about the false prophets who come as wolves in sheep skins in order to help Satan to mislead more souls for Hell.

Delusional(from Wiki):

You've not convinced me,
Remember, I'm not here to convince you, nor do I have the power to do it. Only give correct information. People make decisions based on correct information. Well at least they should.

but . . . I've done a lot of volunteer work and research on schizophrenia. May of them have very high IQs and can be and are quite functional in life.
So then you realize and admit that Joseph Smith could not be schitzophrenic. So why accuse him of that? Let's at least be honest and accurate please.

It is not at all improbable that he was suffering from some sort of mental illness. I mean seeing God? come on! I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. You believe what you want and live how you want, I've no problem with that. I just don't happen to swallow it.
I like that since all the other labels didn't fit, you revert to "some sort of mental illness". It's a very similar idea that the mobsters had who killed him. "We can't find anything really wrong with him, but we don't like him because he claimed to have visions and so he's obviously a charlatan and an imposter and must be destroyed."

At least you don't seem as bloodthirsty as they.

Before my mother in law died, she said she "saw God" - it was a hallucination no doubt.
How do you know she didn't? you say it's not possible "no doubt" but why is it impossible? Simply because you haven't seen one?

Joseph Smith came about at a time when people were for the most part uneducated and were quite gullible. People will believe what they want to believe.
People are people and they are able to use reason to make their decisions as much then as now. Granted that there is more information available today but people are the same today as back then in their ability to measure reason. You'd be surprised how smart they were.
Plus did you ever think that they may have been privy to information we aren't? First, they were there and you weren't and knew a lot more about their surroundings than we hundreds of years later. Second, information is consistently lost from generation to generation, and information available to one generation is not always available to future or past generations. This is fact. It all depends on which generations you're comparing.

The Mormon church is big business and all too secretive for me.
Another erroneous statement. The Church is not a business as it is not for profit and does not sell a product, nor does it pay any of it's thousands of clergy. Are you then accusing us of being a business by corruptively flying under the radar? With the Hubble Telescope always focusing on us, do you think we could really get away with it? Documentation proves otherwise and is hard to argue against.
Too secretive for you? Fine, whatever. You could always join the church and pass the interview to enter the temple and find out for yourself. All are invited to do so.

For one thing in the book Secret Ceremonies she points out that you all believe you won't go to heaven if you're not married.
First of all if she says that that would explain why she left the church. I would leave it too if that were true. She doesn't understand the doctrine at all. It's not part of our doctrine. All can enter the celestial kingdom single or married.

She describe the wierd ceremony that takes place before the marriage. Please explain why everything is so secretive.
I had the ceremony, I got married in the temple. I don't even know what weirdness she's talking about. The ceremony is only to have us married for time and all eternity and all symbolic parts of it are simply symbolic that life extends beyond the grave. If that's weird then so be it.
Why don't we talk about it in detail? Because of the sacred nature and eternal importance of the covenants we make at that time. Sacred things are not to be shared with those outside the temple. Otherwise it would defeat the whole purpose of the ceremony. Sorry, you're just not going to get all the not-so-juicy details.
I have know Mormons who have broken away from the church who say their very lives could be threatened if they blabbed. I mean the gal who wrote the book was excommunicated.

Utterly proposterous. No one's life has ever been threatened for leaving the church. It would destroy everything we teach in Sunday School about non-violence and following Christ. I've only heard of that in Islam. Excommunicated kinda sounds like executed, but there is no physical action. It is just being eliminated from Church records.
I
can think somebody is nice, but I don't have to agree with them on their religion, do I?
Of course and I wasn't suggesting that you do. I just take words that are absolute in nature very seriously. Words like only, always, never, every, all and nothing. You used some of those words and when you use those words they are polarizing and can only mean full support or full attack. You attacked and I must defend.

I just DON'T happen to believe that heaven waits for only he who congregates.
We neither. Entrance to Heaven is a judgment call made by God. We don't make that judgment. That being said we believe it is important to congregate to strengthen ourselves and each other.

The mental hospitals are full of people who profess just what Joseph Smith did, I've heard them with my own ears!
Sure there are those who claim to see visions and don't, but are they all, every last one of them lying? Do you believe it's possible to see a vision if God decides to appear? If the answer is yes, then he appeared to someone, the question is who is telling the truth?

Here again, you're assuming that I don't have an open heart, I'm not honest or sincere... (ok, I'm not all that humble, lol).
I understand the teachings: an eye for an eye (which I don't subscribe to)... and live by some that make sense to me like helping others... but they lose me at the son of god, going to hell... mumbo jumbo every time.

Then experiment on the word. If you have an open mind, conduct the experiment. Put your trust in God. Try living what He teaches to find out for yourself whether it's true or not.

You want to claim to have an open mind but wont make the slightest effort to try it. Study the Book of Mormon and Bible. Pray. Practice what God teaches to find out for yourself. It's not really complicated. The biggest obstacle is how willing one truly is to find out for themselves.

Because thats the only way you will ever know. That's how Peter learned. That's how I've learned. God doesn't want us depending on others. He provides people to teach us, but they are supposed to teach us how to approach Him ourselves and learn for ourselves.

Wouldn't it be wise to read them before you decide that?

Is the bad language really necessary?

Forum List

Back