Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Uncensored cannot even tell anyone what the message of King Benjamin is about.

Stop your lying, peanut.

the book of Mormon is complete fiction, it's far too much like the king James version of the bible to be anything else.
no matter what Mormons claims no one ever saw the plates with their own eyes (spiritual eye does not count)

:badgrin:
You know hug, I disappeared for over a year on this thread because I got busy with work and life and stuff. Then something clicked the other day and made me want to peek back in and see if this thread was still alive. Thanks to enormous interest and animosity towards the church, people like you just can't stay away from us "crazies". You must really have an attraction to the insane or you're a closet investigator. Which one hug?

I know you've missed me haven't you. Admit it!

The only reason I'm stuck paying attention to you crazies right now is that due to a bad economy, you have a slight chance of sneaking one of your whacky cultists into the white house.

Of course, Romney won't talk about the crazy stuff publically, and no one has the balls to ask him because when you point out Mormonism is crazy, people scream about "bigotry".

I will be happy when Romney loses, and I never have to spend much time thinking about the LDS again.

You'll never stop thinking about us because you just can't stay away from this incredible immortal thread!

Oh you're so full o crap! You did not read the Bible! What a wretched lie! Or the Koran for that matter. The Book of Mormon is 100 times easier to read than the Bible and 1000 times less boring because it skips he begat him and they begat them in Numbers and Deuteronomy. If you read the Bible all the way through then I'm Mickey Frickin Mouse.

Wow that was my first post after being out for so long? Blasted School and homework and finally moving to Utah:doubt:

Oh please.

Believe whatever crap you like, but the Book of Mormon is the most poorly written pile I've ever seen.

I was raised by eine sehr religiös, deutsche Mutter, die Täufer is. I read the Bible by the time I was 10.

I read the Koran after the attack on our marines in Lebanon, I wanted to know what the whole thing was about.

Both are infinitely more readable than the Book of Mormon.

Well THAT'S rich. thanks for proving my point again. You obviously didn't read the Book of Mormon and I'll prove it to anyone who reads this again: 1. You can't tell me what the thesis of the book is and 2. You obviously didn't read the the book because the language is so much more modern and simple to read than the ancient Jewish symbolic writing of Isaiah mixed with medieval priestly interpolations by the Church of England which had already gone through Roman interpolations in the 3rd century.
It would only makes sense that the Bible were easier to read if you were from Jerusalem in the 3rd century or from medieval England.
Go read it for real Mr. Transparent Glass Man

No Adam and Elohim are two different people

Why?

Why did the LDS church feel the need to change that? What does that mean to the veracity of the Mormon faith, that the church has to rewrite basic plot lines to make the whole thing more palatable? That isn't all that changed in the 1903 rewrite, either.
Not gonna let you get away with your misunderstanding of our doctrine. Adam was never purported to be Elohim. In fact the word Elohim in Hebrew simply means "gods" in the plural. Adam was one of the gods in the creation process under the direction of Christ.
However Elohim is the name we use to refer to the father of Christ. So it's easy to see how an outsider can confuse Adam with Elohim because he was part of the council of gods in the creation. To avoid further confusion, Adam's name before he came to earth was Michael.

Last edited:
the book of Mormon is complete fiction, it's far too much like the king James version of the bible to be anything else.
no matter what Mormons claims no one ever saw the plates with their own eyes (spiritual eye does not count)

15 eyewitnesses would disagree with you. As would I.

If mormonism was the real truth, we'd all be mormons. So how come we're not? :dunno:

Not gonna let you get away with your misunderstanding of our doctrine. Adam was never purported to be Elohim. In fact the word Elohim in Hebrew simply means "gods" in the plural. Adam was one of the gods in the creation process under the direction of Christ.
However Elohim is the name we use to refer to the father of Christ. So it's easy to see how an outsider can confuse Adam with Elohim because he was part of the council of gods in the creation. To avoid further confusion, Adam's name before he came to earth was Michael.

Uh yeah, I don't think so.

Adam?God doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mormons changed this all in 1903. Prior to that, Adam was the god of this world, per Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

15 eyewitnesses would disagree with you. As would I.
there were no eyewitnesses the 15 you're talking about saw it with their spiritual eye.

SUMMARY

· It is believed that Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon Statement for the witnesses and induced them to sign.

· Smith knew that none of the witnesses had ever seen the plates with their natural eyes, yet worded the statement as if they had.

· Historical accounts reveal that the three witnesses never saw the gold plates with their natural eyes. They were always covered with a cloth.

· The witnesses were pressured to conjure up their own personal vision after Smith intimidated and hounded them over their lack of faith. They finally envisioned the plates in an “empty” box.

· All of the witnesses were manipulated and pressured by Smith into seeing something that didn’t physically exist, because they believed he was a Prophet of God.

· The gold plates the eight witnesses later claimed to heft in such a casual manner, would have been impossible because of the weight. This suggests that some other kind of plates were provided by Smith.

· That Smith forged false plates with inscriptions, was stated by John C. Bennett and Sarah Pratt, wife of Apostle Orson Pratt.

· All three witnesses, plus many of the eight, left the church and embraced another faith.

· The testimony of the witnesses in their old age, proved to be embellished and exaggerated.

*Copyright 2003 - 2009. This article cannot be copied and used in a professional publication without express permission of the author.

The Three Witnesses to the Gold Plates: www.janishutchinson.com

Uh yeah, I don't think so.

Adam?God doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mormons changed this all in 1903. Prior to that, Adam was the god of this world, per Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

Not gonna let you get away with your misunderstanding of our doctrine

What are ya gonna do about it? Raise the prices at Albertson's again? Maybe yank Marie Osmond off of the TV commercials for fat neurotic Morman women?

You know you are crazy people. Everyone with any sense knows you are crazy people.

There is no "mystery" about Mormans. They are crazy. It's really THAT simple.

:badgrin:
You know hug, I disappeared for over a year on this thread because I got busy with work and life and stuff. Then something clicked the other day and made me want to peek back in and see if this thread was still alive. Thanks to enormous interest and animosity towards the church, people like you just can't stay away from us "crazies". You must really have an attraction to the insane or you're a closet investigator. Which one hug?

I know you've missed me haven't you. Admit it!

The only reason I'm stuck paying attention to you crazies right now is that due to a bad economy, you have a slight chance of sneaking one of your whacky cultists into the white house.

Of course, Romney won't talk about the crazy stuff publically, and no one has the balls to ask him because when you point out Mormonism is crazy, people scream about "bigotry".

I will be happy when Romney loses, and I never have to spend much time thinking about the LDS again.

You'll never stop thinking about us because you just can't stay away from this incredible immortal thread!

Naw, I just wondered why anyone was still harping on it after the "Mormon Moment" had passed...

I was just wandering around in the Religion and Ethics section and spotted this incredible thread !

Of course I haven't read all 422 pages of posts.....but kudos to "Truthspeaker" for hanging in there all that time and answering and explaining thngs about Mormonism (even though disappearing here and there...you came back).

I'm kind of basically Protestant, but have no issues with the Mormon version of Christianity.
I think it's deplorable that the Southern Baptist Convention teaches that it is a cult.
They are Soo mistaken.

Anyway, thanks, Truthspeaker......well done.

Last edited:
Not gonna let you get away with your misunderstanding of our doctrine

What are ya gonna do about it? Raise the prices at Albertson's again? Maybe yank Marie Osmond off of the TV commercials for fat neurotic Morman women?

You know you are crazy people. Everyone with any sense knows you are crazy people.

There is no "mystery" about Mormans. They are crazy. It's really THAT simple.

I'm so glad Huggy is here with his in depth analysis here.

Oh and btw, someone can be totally crazy and absolutely right. You should try being crazy sometime. It's alot more fun than sanity.

Forum List

Back