The truth about the propaganda line that the market is great under Biden.

With respect, there’s no need for you to post an essay style post. Do you understand that under Trump the interest on a home loan was 2 1/2% …. It jump to over 7% under Biden. And in many cases home prices have gone up by 50 to 100% in that same time. Making it nearly impossible for middle-class Americans to buy a home. So how can you say these things above that you’re saying without at least recognizing that?

Mortgage payments on a new home have risen 90% under Biden’s presidency​

We have all of the data. Across-the-board middle-class Americans are struggling…their top concerned right now is the high cost of living. Working class Americans are low on money… even if they’re working their bills are so high they’re having trouble paying rent. Do you think that they’re imagining all of this?

First, I agree, housing prices are too high. Mortgage rates, don't really have a problem with them. Seven percent might be about right. Two percent is certainly too cheap. But housing prices, they are a different animal, and yes, they are too high. But I got to ask, just what is Trump's plan to address this problem?

And that is just the thing. Trump doesn't have a plan to address inflation, other than drill baby drill, which is laughable. Significant tariffs with China and other nations, deporting millions of immigrants, those are inflationary policies, period.

And I just ain't buying the whole middle class is distraught and worried about the increased cost of living. That is not what I see on the ground, not even close. I do see a changing dynamic within the marketplace, millennials replacing boomers as the primary driver. I mean we knew this was going to happen. And they are different, really different.

But no, I see people moving on, moving forward. I also see them adapting. Yes, prices are increasing, but they just adapt and overcome. The consumer, on the average, he or she is one smart puppy. You have to have faith in that to support a "free market", and that is a rant in and of itself.

Like my daughter. Two teen boys. I feel for her. I fed three, I could live on one of Trump's Golf courses for what I spent in food. But she doesn't have much of a backyard anymore. A flourishing garden, quite diverse, and a chicken house. And I was surprised, those chickens, they are show quality, impressive actually. If that is where the market is taking us, GOOD.

Cutting to the chase. This election is a real choice. Make America Great Again. Think about that for a moment. Four words that really say so much, and yet no one even attempts to understand. For me, the last word rings like a bell, "again". WTF you mean "again"? Nope, it serves one purpose, bring back the past, period. That is the only damn reason it is there. What is wrong with Make America Greater? Doesn't that make more sense? Was there not someone at the meeting when Trump came up with this MAGA bullshit that had two brain cells to rub together? Oh, sorry, there probably was, they were just too scared to speak up--want to talk leadership?

But the real point, Harris is about moving forward. Trump is about attempting to return to the past. It really is that simple. And all the euphoric recall you can round up doesn't eclipse the losses, the failures, and the injustices of the past. Why go back?

Forum List

Back