The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

Psst...do you think the founding fathers were lying when they said they founded the nation on Christian principle, Gadawg?

Of course you do! Those damned liars, they didn't know what they were doing! After all, gadawg, bod & liewinger weren't around to tell them what they were REALLY doing.

Were they lying when they stated in the Treaty of Tripoli:
"As the Government of The United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
Submitted by John Adams and UNANIMOUSLY passed by the Senate in 1797.
BY THE FOUNDERS.

One only has to look at the writings of many of the Torries that fled to Canada.
"The Colonial terrorists are using unChristian tactics in their attacking of the columns. They are afraid to come out and fight and hide behind trees in ambush".
And we were smart in doing so.
THAT IS FACT, recorded as such and the history of the day.
The entire revolution was SO against most of what the status quo religous beliefs and influences of the day were.

Why would we look at the writings of that well-known cult, The Torries (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....btw, you might want to look up the spelling, I think there's an alternate) when we have the words of the people who actually constructed the country?

Moron.:cuckoo::lol::cuckoo:

Psst...do you think the founding fathers were lying when they said they founded the nation on Christian principle, Gadawg?

Of course you do! Those damned liars, they didn't know what they were doing! After all, gadawg, bod & liewinger weren't around to tell them what they were REALLY doing.

"As the Government of The United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
BY THE FOUNDERS.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."

BY THE FOUNDERS.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."

What treaty is that?

So we can't be founded on a principle unless it's in a treaty first?

So the founding fathers were lying? I guess they were unaware of what 'founded' means. They were well known to be ignorami, after all. Not at all knowledgeable about such things.

BY THE FOUNDERS.

What treaty is that?

It's not a treaty, it was in a letter written by J Adams to Thomas Jefferson on June 28,1813.

You don't want to play the history game with me.

Sure he does! Because we all know, HISTORY IS RELATIVE! It's completely subjective! It is what we make it!

Let's hear it for revisionist history! Cuz it's the best kind, and means that we don't have to bother with pesky factoids...

What treaty is that?

It's not a treaty, it was in a letter written by J Adams to Thomas Jefferson on June 28,1813.

Letters are incorporated into our Government structure?

What about the Treaty of Tripoli...SIGNED by J. Adams, approved unanimously by Congress, a legal document?

Please show me the definition that states that "founded" means letters incorporated into government structure.

Please show me the definition that states that "founded" means letters incorporated into government structure.

Are you saying letters are part of our nation's founding and how we run things here? Especially when they contradict what the same person may have done officially and legally within our nation's creation and running?

Let me put it this way...I have no doubt that John Adams (a ancestor of mine, btw) was a practicing Christian. What did he DO to incorporate that Christianity into the foundation of this country and the government he became the 2nd President of? What are those Christian tenets he made sure became part of our Country's government and actions?

Last edited:
What treaty is that?

What about the Treaty of Tripoli...SIGNED by J. Adams, approved unanimously by Congress, a legal document?

No, they are not. and neither are treaties you simpleton.

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever."

Another quote from the man who signed a treaty which allegedly proves that Adams didn't think we were founded on Christian principles.

Also simpleton would you like me to find other examples of treaties which were couched in niceties that weren't worth more than the paper they were written on?

The single phrase in the Treaty of Tripoli that she keeps referencing (as it's the only thing that even remotely supports her ridiculous claims) is recognized by all (except retards) as a disclaimer meant to soothe Muslim lunatics, who even then loathed Christians. It was necessary to have a disclaimer in the treaty to keep them from freaking out.

This has been detailed ad nauseum already. Bod just ignored it, of course.

No, they are not. and neither are treaties

They most certainly are. They are legal documents, approved by Congress and signed by the President and become LAW.

you simpleton.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Not only do I win again, but you've gifted me with some delicious Irony to boot.

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever."

That's very nice...was that suggestion acted upon? Is it part of our Nation and our heritage now?

Another quote from the man who signed a treaty which allegedly proves that Adams didn't think we were founded on Christian principles.

You mean the same politican who gave us the Alien and Sedition Acts?

Also simpleton would you like me to find other examples of treaties which were couched in niceties that weren't worth more than the paper they were written on?

Unfortunately, you point out one of the failings of our Country in its history....it lies...it breaks promises...it breaks the law (and yes treaties are law). Would you classify THAT as a Christian tenet?

Oh....btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_Clause

Last edited:

They most certainly are. They are legal documents, approved by Congress and signed by the President and become LAW.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Not only do I win again, but you've gifted me with some delicious Irony to boot.

That's very nice...was that suggestion acted upon? Is it part of our Nation and our heritage now?

Unfortunately, you point out one of the failings of our Country in its history....it lies...it breaks promises...it breaks the law (and yes treaties are law). Would you classify THAT as a Christian tenet?

Oh....btw: Treaty Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other than taking the occasional shot at your stupidity, I am done with you unless and until you address the question I asked you pages ago.

Other than taking the occasional shot at your stupidity, I am done with you unless and until you address the question I asked you pages ago.

Refresh my memory as to that question.

BTW...I'm glad you realized

letter = private musings

treaty = actual law

Why do you waste your time with a dishonest little whiny turd like Bode. He's obviously a stupid pathological liar. Not worth the effort. He's too stupid or dishonest,
possibly both, to know the difference between fleeing from state sanctioned religion and running from a specific religion.

He truly is pathetic, and this conversation is eons above his head. He should be embarrassed by his stupidity, but alas I fear he really thinks he's smart.

I win again! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Now tell us the Christian principles our government was founded on....

My Lord doesn't tell me I can't point out when someone is a liar, a whiner, or stupid. You sir are all three. That's your problem, not mine.

Oh, and at no point has ANYONE ever claimed that ANY Christian not named Jesus Christ was , is, or will be perfect. So if YOU are disappointed that a Christian is not perfect, that is also YOUR problem.

You whiny , lying, stupid asshole.

Apparently, when you've got nothing of substance, you are like many others on this thread....you call names. Pretty much a firm indicator that you really can't back your posts up.

I'm still kind of chuckling over you not knowing that treaties are law.

Refresh my memory as to that question.

BTW...I'm glad you realized

letter = private musings

treaty = actual law

Yes, but what indicates foundation?

You are asserting that the ONLY foundation of a country is law.

However, that's not true and does not speak to the actual defintion of foundation.

I win again! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Now tell us the Christian principles our government was founded on....

My Lord doesn't tell me I can't point out when someone is a liar, a whiner, or stupid. You sir are all three. That's your problem, not mine.

Oh, and at no point has ANYONE ever claimed that ANY Christian not named Jesus Christ was , is, or will be perfect. So if YOU are disappointed that a Christian is not perfect, that is also YOUR problem.
You whiny , lying, stupid asshole.

Apparently, when you've got nothing of substance, you are like many others on this thread....you call names. Pretty much a firm indicator that you really can't back your posts up.

I'm still kind of chuckling over you not knowing that treaties are law.

Forum List

Back