The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

Don't you know that when this country was founded that every country in Europe was dominated by Christianity and that is what the Founders ran from, didn't want and purposely founded the laws of this nation exactly the opposite of?
If you don't know that then you know no history.
Don't you know that Christian influenced nations all over Europe at that time were founded on the Christian principle of divine right? Do you know what that is and howour country was not founded on that? Explain that and why the Founders opposed that.
Don't you know that the concept of citizen politicians was NOT what the European nations of that time with their monarchies had? Those societies were all closed class societies. No man there could get into government unless he was of the upper class of society. Those were theChristian principles of the day, the full support of the monarchy.
Ya know dude, the folks we fought against and had a revolution against.
You believe the European Christian backed religous divine right monarchies all over Europe had "equality for all"? :lol::lol:
That they had limited government run by the Christian churches in Europe?:lol::lol:
We were THE FIRST government FOUNDED WITHOUT GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED CHRISTIANITY.
Guess why?

You're a dumbass.

Those that fled England was wanting religious freedom. They wanted a chance to worship freely and have an opportunity to choose which religion they wanted to take part in.

Maybe you should read a history book!

So those that fled England were the ones that wrote the Constitution and were the Founding Fathers?:cuckoo:
And you claim that I am the dumbass.:lol:
You are off about 300 years there Lonestar. Better luck next time.

Well that might be if that's what he said.

Of course it's not.

Another lie is born.

Don't you know that when this country was founded that every country in Europe was dominated by Christianity and that is what the Founders ran from, didn't want and purposely founded the laws of this nation exactly the opposite of?
If you don't know that then you know no history.
Don't you know that Christian influenced nations all over Europe at that time were founded on the Christian principle of divine right? Do you know what that is and howour country was not founded on that? Explain that and why the Founders opposed that.
Don't you know that the concept of citizen politicians was NOT what the European nations of that time with their monarchies had? Those societies were all closed class societies. No man there could get into government unless he was of the upper class of society. Those were theChristian principles of the day, the full support of the monarchy.
Ya know dude, the folks we fought against and had a revolution against.
You believe the European Christian backed religous divine right monarchies all over Europe had "equality for all"? :lol::lol:
That they had limited government run by the Christian churches in Europe?:lol::lol:
We were THE FIRST government FOUNDED WITHOUT GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED CHRISTIANITY.
Guess why?

You're a dumbass.

Those that fled England was wanting religious freedom. They wanted a chance to worship freely and have an opportunity to choose which religion they wanted to take part in.

So those that fled England were the ones that wrote the Constitution and were the Founding Fathers?:cuckoo:

Did I say that? No I did not. Not only are you a dumbass but a liar as well.

I simply schooled you a little on the facts why some fled England to come to the New World. Not to run away from Christianity as you claimed, but to gain religious freedom.

You're a dumbass.

I simply schooled you a little on the facts why some fled England to come to the New World. Not to run away from Christianity as you claimed, but to gain religious freedom.
Religious freedom from what?

From the state telling them they couldn't practice their religion.

What does that have to do with whether the country was built upon Christian tenets?

You're a dumbass.

Lonestar, respectfully, you need to quit while you are ahead. You are the one that brought that up, not me.
How is a nation FOUNDED on Christian principles 300 years before it even existed?:cuckoo:
And you are the liar if you are stating I ever said anyone ran away from Christianity.
WHAT I HAVE SAID A THOUSAND TIMES IS: They ran away from CHRISTIAN meddling and INFLUENCE in their governments and ran hard.
The Founders were tired of the Christian religous influences in their GOVERNMENT for 300 years.
What I find amazing is your lack of common sense. English government and the monarchy was big time influenced by the Christian religion and you claim that we had a revolution not to get away from that.
The nation was FOUNDED ON nothing to do with religion. And that fact has NOTHING to do with the fact that we were a predominantly Christian nation, the Founders were mostly Christian and that Christianity is a good thing.
As long as you do not found a nation on it or any religion.
You need to take a good, long, hard look at the court cases and individual colonies and how they totally allowed Christian religous influences into their court systems.
THE FOUNDERS ENDED THAT.
Something about THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION, a document you take for granted as you value YOUR religion more than the rights of others.

What does that have to do with whether the country was built upon Christian tenets?

Why do you waste your time with a dishonest little whiny turd like Bode. He's obviously a stupid pathological liar. Not worth the effort. He's too stupid or dishonest, possibly both, to know the difference between fleeing from state sanctioned religion and running from a specific religion.

He truly is pathetic, and this conversation is eons above his head. He should be embarrassed by his stupidity, but alas I fear he really thinks he's smart.

Why do you waste your time with a dishonest little whiny turd like Bode. He's obviously a stupid pathological liar. Not worth the effort. He's too stupid or dishonest, possibly both, to know the difference between fleeing from state sanctioned religion and running from a specific religion.

He truly is pathetic, and this conversation is eons above his head. He should be embarrassed by his stupidity, but alas I fear he really thinks he's smart.

Labeling yourself "The Brain" here in this forum you would never be one to believe yourself as smart would you?

It figures you would need "religious freedom" explained to you.

Educate yourself. Google is your friend.

I will say that the early Pilgrims were English Separatists who had founded Plymouth Colony in 1620 and were fleeing religious persecution, they broke away from the Church of England because they felt the Church violated biblical principles of true Christians.

Why do you waste your time with a dishonest little whiny turd like Bode. He's obviously a stupid pathological liar. Not worth the effort. He's too stupid or dishonest,
possibly both, to know the difference between fleeing from state sanctioned religion and running from a specific religion.

I win again! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Now tell us the Christian principles our government was founded on....

Lonestar, respectfully, you need to quit while you are ahead. You are the one that brought that up, not me.
How is a nation FOUNDED on Christian principles 300 years before it even existed?:cuckoo:
And you are the liar if you are stating I ever said anyone ran away from Christianity.
WHAT I HAVE SAID A THOUSAND TIMES IS: They ran away from CHRISTIAN meddling and INFLUENCE in their governments and ran hard.
The Founders were tired of the Christian religous influences in their GOVERNMENT for 300 years.
What I find amazing is your lack of common sense. English government and the monarchy was big time influenced by the Christian religion and you claim that we had a revolution not to get away from that.
The nation was FOUNDED ON nothing to do with religion. And that fact has NOTHING to do with the fact that we were a predominantly Christian nation, the Founders were mostly Christian and that Christianity is a good thing.
As long as you do not found a nation on it or any religion.
You need to take a good, long, hard look at the court cases and individual colonies and how they totally allowed Christian religous influences into their court systems.
THE FOUNDERS ENDED THAT.
Something about THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION, a document you take for granted as you value YOUR religion more than the rights of others.

sir you are wrong. they did not run from Christianity specifically. they ran from state sponsored religion in general. They DID want a separation of church and state, that is obvious. But just as obviously they didn't want to divorce themselves from Christianity altogether, we know this because the overwhelming number of them remained Christians, of one sect or another.

You're playing semantics here and I'm trying to believe that you just aren't understanding what I am saying, but I've already written off your homeboy Bode as a lost cause, and am about to do the same with you.

Again, I love to debate history, but if you refuse to even admit that there is a big difference between leaving to escape no freedom of religious and leaving to escape Christianity; I am at this point prepared to declare that you are unworthy of continued conversation.

I'm not asking for the definition, Lonestar. :lol::lol::lol:

I will say that the early Pilgrims were English Separatists who had founded Plymouth Colony in 1620 and were fleeing religious persecution, they broke away from the Church of England because they felt the Church violated biblical principles of true Christians.

So, tell us. Why did the Church of England persecute them? What gave the Church of England the power to persecute them?

Why do you waste your time with a dishonest little whiny turd like Bode. He's obviously a stupid pathological liar. Not worth the effort. He's too stupid or dishonest,
possibly both, to know the difference between fleeing from state sanctioned religion and running from a specific religion.

I win again! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Now tell us the Christian principles our government was founded on....

My Lord doesn't tell me I can't point out when someone is a liar, a whiner, or stupid. You sir are all three. That's your problem, not mine.

Oh, and at no point has ANYONE ever claimed that ANY Christian not named Jesus Christ was , is, or will be perfect. So if YOU are disappointed that a Christian is not perfect, that is also YOUR problem.

You whiny , lying, stupid asshole.

True.
So which version of Christianity were we founded on?
Are you claiming the Founders and ALL Americans were English Seperatists?
At the time of the revolution there were dozens of Christian beliefs and denominations in the colonies. MANY and most that conflicted with each other.
So who was it that sorted it all out and determined who was right and who was wrong?
See how flimsy your entire argument is?

I'm not asking for the definition, Lonestar. :lol::lol::lol:

So, tell us. Why did the Church of England persecute them? What gave the Church of England the power to persecute them?

They will NEVER admit that it WAS THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION that persecuted them.
And the POWER that all European governments AND ENGLAND had at that time was THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION influencing the governments.
And we defeated that.

True.
At the time of the revolution there were dozens of Christian beliefs and denominations in the colonies. MANY and most that conflicted with each other.
So who was it that sorted it all out and determined who was right and who was wrong?

Most of them were, and the reason they left was because at THAT time disagreeing with the Church of England was an act of treason, plain and simple. It was considered to be no different than telling the King no. It was your ass if you did either. So even though these people were Christians, they realized that in their new country they wanted nothing to do with a government that could kill you for your religious beliefs. The ONLY way you could discount this is if you truly believe that all Christians of the time wanted a theocracy.

There were of course non Christians who were instrumental in the forming of this nation, but 92% of the signers of the DoI were in fact members of one Christian church or another. Our laws are Judeo/Christian based. Our government documents and monuments are covered in testimonies to God. It can't be denied. The men who founded our nation did sound with the idea that we would be a nation of God. Now please notice I am saying a nation of God, I am NOT saying a nation which demands that all of its people worship any one religion, or even at all.

True.

Most of them were, and the reason they left was because at THAT time disagreeing with the Church of England was an act of treason, plain and simple. It was considered to be no different than telling the King no. It was your ass if you did either. So even though these people were Christians, they realized that in their new country they wanted nothing to do with a government that could kill you for your religious beliefs. The ONLY way you could discount this is if you truly believe that all Christians of the time wanted a theocracy.

There were of course non Christians who were instrumental in the forming of this nation, but 92% of the signers of the DoI were in fact members of one Christian church or another. Our laws are Judeo/Christian based. Our government documents and monuments are covered in testimonies to God. It can't be denied. The men who founded our nation did sound with the idea that we would be a nation of God. Now please notice I am saying a nation of God, I am NOT saying a nation which demands that all of its people worship any one religion, or even at all.

A nation of God means what? How is a nation founded on a belief? What belief? Who's belief?
How does one put that in a rifle and shoot it at a red coat?
God is not mentioned anywhere in the Constitution. Laws founded this nation.
Not men and their various religous beliefs.

Psst...do you think the founding fathers were lying when they said they founded the nation on Christian principle, Gadawg?

Of course you do! Those damned liars, they didn't know what they were doing! After all, gadawg, bod & liewinger weren't around to tell them what they were REALLY doing.

One only has to look at the writings of many of the Torries that fled to Canada.
"The Colonial terrorists are using unChristian tactics in their attacking of the columns. They are afraid to come out and fight and hide behind trees in ambush".
And we were smart in doing so.
THAT IS FACT, recorded as such and the history of the day.
The entire revolution was SO against most of what the status quo religous beliefs and influences of the day were.

Forum List

Back