The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

From yet another site than the ones I originally sourced:

"The facts of Holy Trinity concerned the application of an Act of Congress titled "An act to prohibit the importation and migration of foreigners and aliens under contract or agreement to perform labor in the Unites States, its Territories and the District of Columbia." Holy Trinity Church, a church located in the city of New York, contracted with a minister in England to perform services as rector and pastor at its church. At issue in the case was whether or not the church's action violated the Act which prohibited "any person, company, partnership, or corporation ... to assist or encourage the importation or migration of any alien ... under contract or agreement ... to perform labor or service of any kind in the United States."

"
Justice Brewer then writes in the opinion that "beyond all these matters no purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people." Several pages later, after presenting a religious history of America, he follows up with the statement: "These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation." Barton splices together these two quotes and cites Holy Trinity as establishing America as a Christian Nation. "

America a Christian Nation?

I already did, fuckchops.

What is with the fad of pretending that evidence that has been provided doesn't exist, and asking for it over, and over, and over, and over again?

Again, pure trolling. Read the thread.

No. No you did not. You've pulled this before...making an assertion and when asked to prove it...you evade by saying you already did....We're not buying that crap anymore, Allie.

Show us the evidence. Don't lie and evade for once.

You don't remember the links and the quotes that had the supreme court ruling?

You're a liar. Find it yourself.

You're evading and running away again as you do when pinned down on one of your assertions. We're not buying it Allie. You're lying again. Put up the links/posts....stop running, it's pathetic.

"The facts of Holy Trinity concerned the application of an Act of Congress titled "An act to prohibit the importation and migration of foreigners and aliens under contract or agreement to perform labor in the Unites States, its Territories and the District of Columbia." Holy Trinity Church, a church located in the city of New York, contracted with a minister in England to perform services as rector and pastor at its church. At issue in the case was whether or not the church's action violated the Act which prohibited "any person, company, partnership, or corporation ... to assist or encourage the importation or migration of any alien ... under contract or agreement ... to perform labor or service of any kind in the United States."

"
Justice Brewer then writes in the opinion that "beyond all these matters no purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people." Several pages later, after presenting a religious history of America, he follows up with the statement: "These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation." Barton splices together these two quotes and cites Holy Trinity as establishing America as a Christian Nation. "

Did you see this analysis at the beginning, Allie?

David Barton (The Myth of Separation, pp. 47-51) and others of the Religious right claim that the Supreme Court determined that the United States was a Christian nation in the 1892 case, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 143 U.S. 226 (1892). Unfortunately, their thesis and the analysis of the case that accompanies it amounts to little more than a manipulation of the language of the opinion to distort the actual meaning of the case, its relevant facts and its stated rule of law

:lol::lol::lol: You need to read that entire link you provided....you pwn'd yourself.

"
1891 – The U.S. Supreme Court restates that America is a “Christian Nation.”
“Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian … this is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this affirmation … we find everywhere a clear definition of the same truth … this is a Christian nation.” (Church of the Holy Trinity vs. United States, 143 US 457, 36 L ed 226, Justice Brewer)"
Was America founded as a Christian nation? — The Forerunner

They didn't state they thought they were doing "Christian work" you moron. They said they founded the country on Christianity.

You continue to be dishonest.

Likewise, I don't need to quote any legal documents that refer God because I have never made the claim that *found* is a legal term, or must be supported by legal documents. It's not, it doesn't. That's your assertion, and it's incorrect, so you are being dishonest when you seek to compel me to provide evidence that there are references to God in our laws (though there probably are) and if there are no references, our country can't be founded upon Christianity. That's hogwash. I will not provide such evidence because it's not needed and proves nothing. I've provided reams of evidence of our founding fathers stating they founded the country on Christianity,

OK, so if leaders/founders of a country write/say they are founding their country on Christianity, that settles it? They are doing so and it IS so?

and supporting quotes from the Supreme Court

If you gave supporting quotes from the Supreme Court I honestly missed them...could you repeat them please?

and later presidents stating the same thing.
This goes back to what I asked before...if they say it, that means it IS so?

Since the founding fathers, the Supreme Court, and various presidents have all concurred and stated that the country is firmly rooted in Christianity, there is no need for me to list the tenets. It doesn't matter what they are. The fact is, the people who created the country agree, as do all scholars, that the country was founded on Christian tenets. It doesn't matter what they are (though they have been listed, by multiple posters); you wouldn't recognize them as Christian anyway. More dishonesty on your part.

So, you are presenting the argument that these people saying it is so...that is good enough for you, it IS so? I just want to be perfectly clear on your argument here.

OK, all laughter aside. Let's get back to this....Allie, it seems to me that you've been arguing all along that because our Founders say and write that they are Christians and that this is a Christian nation, that makes it so.....do I have that right?

"

Did you see this analysis at the beginning, Allie?

David Barton (The Myth of Separation, pp. 47-51) and others of the Religious right claim that the Supreme Court determined that the United States was a Christian nation in the 1892 case, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 143 U.S. 226 (1892). Unfortunately, their thesis and the analysis of the case that accompanies it amounts to little more than a manipulation of the language of the opinion to distort the actual meaning of the case, its relevant facts and its stated rule of law

:lol::lol::lol: You need to read that entire link you provided....you pwn'd yourself.

No, I didn't. I said the supreme court ruled we are a Christian nation, and it did. The opinion tacked onto the end is not the evidence. The ruling is.

You are lying when you state that I didn't post this before, btw.

"
“Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian … this is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this affirmation … we find everywhere a clear definition of the same truth … this is a Christian nation.” (Church of the Holy Trinity vs. United States, 143 US 457, 36 L ed 226, Justice Brewer)"
Was America founded as a Christian*nation? — The Forerunner

That's the same case, Allie...and you are providing a short snippet from a pro-Christian Nation blog full of little snippets with no background info.

A ruling doesn't need background info. The ruling is legit, as you know, as are the text quotes from the ruling.

The subsequent opinions about it are meaningless, of course, as it proves what I said (and you contested) - the supreme court stated that we are a Christian nation.

My original links when I initially quoted the SC on this matter (which you lied about when you said I didn't) provided a different source.

But continue to lie. I expect nothing else from you.

Theses two idiots cannot refute the facts so what do they do? Present strawman arguments over and over and over again. If either of them would just look at the facts.

Declaration of Independance

Name of Signer State Religious Affiliation

Charles Carroll Maryland Catholic
Samuel Huntington Connecticut Congregationalist
Roger Sherman Connecticut Congregationalist
William Williams Connecticut Congregationalist
Oliver Wolcott Connecticut Congregationalist
Lyman Hall Georgia Congregationalist
Samuel Adams Massachusetts Congregationalist
John Hancock Massachusetts Congregationalist
Josiah Bartlett New Hampshire Congregationalist
William Whipple New Hampshire Congregationalist
William Ellery Rhode Island Congregationalist
John Adams Massachusetts Congregationalist; Unitarian
Robert Treat Paine Massachusetts Congregationalist; Unitarian
George Walton Georgia Episcopalian
John Penn North Carolina Episcopalian
George Ross Pennsylvania Episcopalian
Thomas Heyward Jr. South Carolina Episcopalian
Thomas Lynch Jr. South Carolina Episcopalian
Arthur Middleton South Carolina Episcopalian
Edward Rutledge South Carolina Episcopalian
Francis Lightfoot Lee Virginia Episcopalian
Richard Henry Lee Virginia Episcopalian
George Read Delaware Episcopalian
Caesar Rodney Delaware Episcopalian
Samuel Chase Maryland Episcopalian
William Paca Maryland Episcopalian
Thomas Stone Maryland Episcopalian
Elbridge Gerry Massachusetts Episcopalian
Francis Hopkinson New Jersey Episcopalian
Francis Lewis New York Episcopalian
Lewis Morris New York Episcopalian
William Hooper North Carolina Episcopalian
Robert Morris Pennsylvania Episcopalian
John Morton Pennsylvania Episcopalian
Stephen Hopkins Rhode Island Episcopalian
Carter Braxton Virginia Episcopalian
Benjamin Harrison Virginia Episcopalian
Thomas Nelson Jr. Virginia Episcopalian
George Wythe Virginia Episcopalian
Thomas Jefferson Virginia Episcopalian (Deist)
Benjamin Franklin Pennsylvania Episcopalian (Deist)
Button Gwinnett Georgia Episcopalian; Congregationalist
James Wilson Pennsylvania Episcopalian; Presbyterian
Joseph Hewes North Carolina Quaker, Episcopalian
George Clymer Pennsylvania Quaker, Episcopalian
Thomas McKean Delaware Presbyterian
Matthew Thornton New Hampshire Presbyterian
Abraham Clark New Jersey Presbyterian
John Hart New Jersey Presbyterian
Richard Stockton New Jersey Presbyterian
John Witherspoon New Jersey Presbyterian
William Floyd New York Presbyterian
Philip Livingston New York Presbyterian
James Smith Pennsylvania Presbyterian
George Taylor Pennsylvania Presbyterian
Benjamin Rush Pennsylvania Presbyterian

The Constitution

Daniel Carroll Maryland Catholic
Thomas Fitzsimons Pennsylvania Catholic
Nathaniel Gorham Massachusetts Congregationalist
John Langdon New Hampshire Congregationalist
Nicholas Gilman New Hampshire Congregationalist
Abraham Baldwin Georgia Congregationalist; Episcopalian
William Samuel Johnson Connecticut Episcopalian; Presbyterian
James Madison Jr. Virginia Episcopalian
Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Maryland Episcopalian
David Brearly New Jersey Episcopalian
Richard Dobbs Spaight, Sr. North Carolina Episcopalian
Gouverneur Morris Pennsylvania Episcopalian
John Rutledge South Carolina Episcopalian
Charles Cotesworth Pinckney South Carolina Episcopalian
Charles Pinckney South Carolina Episcopalian
Pierce Butler South Carolina Episcopalian
George Washington Virginia Episcopalian
William Blount North Carolina Episcopalian; Presbyterian
James Wilson Pennsylvania Episcopalian; Presbyteran
Rufus King Massachusetts Episcopalian; Congregationalist
Jacob Broom Delaware Lutheran
William Few Georgia Methodist
Richard Bassett Delaware Methodist
Gunning Bedford Jr. Delaware Presbyterian
James McHenry Maryland Presbyterian
William Livingston New Jersey Presbyterian
William Paterson New Jersey Presbyterian
Hugh Williamson North Carolina Presbyterian
Jared Ingersoll Pennsylvania Presbyterian
Alexander Hamilton New York Huguenot; Presbyterian; Episcopalian
Jonathan Dayton New Jersey Presbyterian; Episcopalian
John Blair Virginia Presbyterian; Episcopalian
John Dickinson Delaware Quaker; Episcopalian
George Clymer Pennsylvania Quaker; Episcopalian
Thomas Mifflin Pennsylvania Quaker; Lutheran

And? Has anyone here disputed that the Founders themselves for the most part were Christians? Does being a Christian, saying one is a Christian, going regularly to a Christian church mean these guys constructed our secular government upon Christian principles?

Yes.

"
Was America founded as a Christian*nation? — The Forerunner

That's the same case, Allie...and you are providing a short snippet from a pro-Christian Nation blog full of little snippets with no background info.

AllieBaba said:
Hi, you have received -300 reputation points from AllieBaba.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Lie again. The snippet is from the ruling. The ruling is addressed in the blog. I don\'t care about the blog itself. I care about the ruling, and it was quoted accurately.

Regards,
AllieBaba

Note: This is an automated message.

wrong again allie....your other link on the same Supreme court case says that statement is NOT part of the ruling. Do you read your own links before posting them? That's why I said you pwn'd yourself....and you've done it once again.

Now I'll go adjust my scoreboard for the day.

Theses two idiots cannot refute the facts so what do they do? Present strawman arguments over and over and over again. If either of them would just look at the facts.

The Constitution

And? Has anyone here disputed that the Founders themselves for the most part were Christians? Does being a Christian, saying one is a Christian, going regularly to a Christian church mean these guys constructed our secular government upon Christian principles?

Yes.

So, the secular government was based on Christian principles just because one of its founders may have said something like this.

The Government, being resolved to undertake the political and moral purification of our public life, are creating and securing the conditions necessary for a really profound revival of religious life"

or even founders/politicians saying something like this?

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.

and this:

And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people....

The Founding Fathers principles were founded on Biblical teachings based on Christianity.
In order to have freedom from government each person must
Think for yourself
Govern yourself
Be responsible
Be accountable for your actions and words
Take care of your neighbors
Have values and character.
All of this is from the bible
It goes across the board whether you are Christian,Jew,Muslim or Atheist.
These principles are what brings the melting pot together as Americans.
If you don't have the majority of Americans having these principles then Government must take control, and there goes your freedom.

The Founding Fathers principles were founded on Biblical teachings based on Christianity.
Think for yourself
Govern yourself
Be responsible
If you don't have the majority of Americans having these principles then Government must take control, and there goes your freedom.

These are Christian values? Not generic values?

The Constitution

Yes.

AllieBaba...do you agree with Lonestar_Logic?

Think for yourself
Govern yourself
Be responsible

These are Christian values? Not generic values?

Yes they are Christian values

Just the other day I was in Chickamauga, Ga. There are hundreds of Confederate monuments there with quotes from many a politician on how great the sacrifice was and how God was on the side of the protectors of the South from the invading armies.
There are hundreds of these all over the south.
Accordingly, the South was founded on Christian Confederate principle.

I completely abhor the idea of slavery, but the Confederacy did extol many virtues which one would associate with Christianity.

I guess we could have a separate argument about that, but the fact remains that anything that involves humans is going to contain mistakes. Including the Confederacy; and no I am not a the South will rise again guy. They were in the wrong for trying to break away.

Forum List

Back